Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

LP- Olivia is having a sleepy day today too. Glad the girls are settling in.

Sherie love the Av!

LP I get so bored too. We bought Logan a little pool for Xmas and are going to try it out this afternoon. This heat sux. They are predicting rain down here tomorrow and the rest of the week I think.

Leanne "needing a tissue" how adorable. I am already not looking forward to toilet training.

Noni woo hoo on getting rid of the fleas, good going getting a great price too.

Logan is also having a sleepy day, must be the heat. He is down having his second nap, his nap this morning was an hour and a half. He has been asleep for half an hour already this time too.

Well - Instead of spamming our forum I might go cover books, sharpen pencils & write names on socks, lunchboxes and pencil cases WHOOHOO! lol.

20 days til school resumes (& counting).

P.S. What is with having to buy a summer, winter, sport & formal uniform? geez... When i was at school we just changed our skirts for sport & wore a bl##dy jumper in winter. All the uniforms are completely different to one another at this school, It's very confusing.

lp we had all those except formal lol n winter was track pants or stockings if it was too cold lol

We didn't have uniforms at primary school. At intermediate and college we had uniforms but the only difference in summer and winter was that we were allowed to wear trackpants, we didn't have formal uniforms either.

Hm, It's pretty ridiculous if you ask me... Imagine the families that have 5 school age kids? I only bought one of each uniform for each of the girls & I'll see how that goes.

LP, I think its a bit rude making parents fork out for the formal one - how often are they actually going to use it? Especially when they grow so fast - by graduation time at the end of the year half the kids won't even fit them lol.

How is pussy cat today?

sport uniform u will only need one coz they only do sport once a week dnt they?? same as the formal itd only be for special occassions.. then id recomend a couple of shirts each maybe 2 or 3 coz thats what gets dirty the most and maybe 2 summer bottoms and 2 winter bottoms each and one jacket/jumper i understand its bloody expensive though!! do they have a uniform room?? my old high scool had one where you could buy perfectly good second hand uniforms for really cheap so that extra skirt or jumper or whatever u know if they dirty one or lose one they can use the second hand one?? just a thought

Now that Will is sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time I am getting quite bored.

Does anyone bother to wash their walls? I have just given mine a wash for the open home and it is surprising how grubby they were. I didn't even notice.

Art ~ The boredom is driving me nuts today too, I think because i got used to having DF to talk to... I have been thinking i need a new hobby... I just have to think of one first! LOL

Pussy cat is much happier without her tail, She gave me a really sad look last night when she smooched up to my leg... She usually wraps her tail around my ankle but she can't anymore

I wash the walls where there are light switches every few weeks because DF is always grubby from work & leave finger prints everywhere, The kitchen & bathroom walls get done weekly & The other walls only get seen to every few months.

That's a good idea noni, I also found a local lady that makes skirts exactly the same as the one's the school sells for half the price - Pity i didn't look into it earlier. They are expensive, Approx $100 per each uniform & more for the formal ones so that's already over $800... I will try to get some second hand extras like you mentioned tho - Saves having to wash every night.

LP is your cat called Pussy cat? We call ours Pusscat or Puss Puss Puss - she does have a real name but it's Puss most of the time LOL. Re uniforms, make sure they are clearly labeled, in my experience the expensive ones tend to go walkabout quicker than the others, nothing worse than losing a $50 jumper in the first fortnight of cold weather!

Arte - I wash my walls when we're leaving the house! Spot clean when necessary, though I tend to whip around light switches & door handles every so often, they get grubby.

E is resisting her afternoon nap, H is resisting cleaning up her toys, DH appears to be resisting coming home early, I might have to resist something soon.

Afternoon Girls,

Olivia is having her little bubba nap too. Jorday is playing with a chain saw near me and its so loud I think that toy will have to go to grannys and Xavier is watching a movie but will soon join Jordy and I in the office as for me well not much house work got done today.

Walls- I try and do a wipe down when I do my weekly clean up but have mentioned to DH that when the kids get bigger we will have to paint as there is all chips and marks from the boys and no doubt Olivia will do the same.

Well back to work for me tomorrow.

MD - well done on your bebepod!! Was it a good price?

We are heading home tomorrow. Hopefully K enjoys being back in familiar surroundings. The last two nights she has woken up at 11 very unhappy. DH has tried settling her, but I've ended up having to feed her. Last time we were up here the first night back home she slept for 9 hours straight - I can't see that happening this time!!

DH and I went out for lunch today while Mum looked after K (our anniversary tomorrow). It was almost weird being out and just having each other to talk to!!

Arte - my parents are about to have their 30yo daughter, SIL and brand new baby move in while their house is being built!! (parents are retreating to WA for a 3 month 4WD trip while they are there for a break)

I wash the bottom of the walls where the cat smooches - that gets filthy!!

K refused the afternoon nap today so tonight could be messy!! Fingers crossed it isn't.

LP - We only ever had one winter bottom at school and a few shirts - formal uniform just sounds weird. Definitely investigate a second hand shop at the school, I'm sure they would have one.

quick one....started one the other day but computer crashed and haven't had a chance to post since.

got back to bne ok. not as great as the trip to perth (where she slept all the way) but pretty tame. only a few cries when she was hungry...and the one time that mum took a loo break.

wall cleaning - nope. never been cleaned/wiped. not a very good housekeeper here. don't usually dust either until it gets REALLY bad. oh, except for surfaces that get used often...ie. coffee table.

proposals - well, dp asked if i would marry him and i said "sure, why not" while walking around central park in new york....this was followed by dp saying "now i can say that i proposed to you in central park"....oh, obviously, no ring came with it. we're wearing matching wedding-type rings already courtesy of my mom who loves jewelry. dp calls it the enticement ring.

weddings - funny that the subject should come up at this time (or maybe not really) coz' dp and i have been talking about it. mainly for convenience (ie. medicare). am not really fussed but i guess it sort of gets tedious having to correct people with my surname since max has got dp's and they assume that that's mine too. anyway, because my family's having a reunion of sorts in the u.s. this march-april, we've decided to just do a vegas chapel wedding. so, by april, dp should be dh.

update on max, she's found her voice.....can't stop "jabbering" away...oh, except for when her nana's on the phone and wants to talk to her....then she gets soo enthralled with the phone that she stops talking.

have been reading posts but everything i've read have flown out the window.

happy anniversary to cally and greg!

leanne, loved the toilet training story.

arte, i so don't envy you the move. i think that i'll hold off on any moves for a while. and maybe we'll rent the house out furnished if we do. am so sick of having to pack and worry about my furniture and stuff. but then, at least you've got a real pot of gold at the end of the rainbow....being home and happy.

katie, was it you who was asking about the 2nd hand market? just went to the website and they're going to start having them at the gold coast (upper coomera) in april.

guess this isn't as short as i thought it would be.

Morning all,

Fianne I will have to check the markets out when they open. I think a vegas chapel weddign sounds cool.

Cally Happy Anniversary. I hope K doesnt take to long to get settled at home.

Better go Magoo has decided he has had enough of being on his own. Have a great day.

Leemar ~ Good luck with work today xx, Is O going to daycare?

Cally ~ happy anniversary, Have a safe trip.

Fianne ~ Los Vegas wedding, whoohoo... sounds like fun.

Morning Ladies,

Well I am here at work and its so quite. I have heaps of work to do but would rather talk you all. hehehehe...

LP- Olivia and the boys go to mums tuesdays and wednesdays and Olivia and mum come to work with me on Thursday and Fridays and the boys go to day care. I only work 4 days a week now.

Fianne- Wow a Vegas Weddings sounds wonderful. DH has to go to Vegas in Sept for Work and asked if me and the kids want to go as we only have to pay for our airfares. Accomodation and his airfare is already paid for. So I am just thinking about it at the moment and his mum and Step dad are going so I would have help with the kids.

Happy Anniversary to Cally and Greg

Scarlet is having a massive sleep in this morning, It's great! lol

Leemar, It's great you have your mum to look after the kids!... I miss work.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast