Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

MM - good luck tonight, that sounds like it could be an 'interesting' dinner! Hope they speak to you. What does DH think of it all?

DH is back to normal. We are up in Canberra now so that is good, he can have a bit of a sleep in and nanna naps. Going to the movies tomorrow night which will be good. Last time was mothers day last year, who know before then!!

MD - glad it wasn't too bad. When do you get the news? Enjoy those Haighs tomorrow!!

Arte - I agree with the others. If DH gets alone time, you get to have some too. I think you just need to leave him with L all day and see how much he gets done - then hopefully he will stop nagging you about the state of the house!! At the moment DH and DD have gone out to visit one of his friends and have lunch while my sister and I went shopping. So far they've been gone 3 hours and I've done all my shopping and having some 'puter time!

Hope you all get some lovely eggs tomorrow. I have a Lindt bunny waiting for me in the cupboard.....

HI GIRLS!!!!!!!!

How is everyone?? Ive missed you all so much

Did anyone find out what happened to LP?? I was wondering about her the other day.

Hayley - What happened with your IL's??? Do tell!!! But yes arguing with your IL's is hard and vry awkward. I just had my friend over and she is going through the same thing

Noni & Art - How is pregnancy going?? Art are you going to find out the sex?? Noni I love the name Spencer xx

Rainy - Jimmy is just adorable!!!! I cant believe all his hair! Lewis is so light and Jimmy is so dark. They are just beautiful. How are they getting along??

MD - How are the girls?? Is your DH still working away? Im so sorry to hear you have been facing the unknown. I had a biopsy and lump removed quiet a few years ago now, the waiting is the worst part. Your a strong woman xx thinking of you

sorry to everyone I have missed, I hope you are all doing well. Please fill me in on what has been happening xxx

Dh is well, still working away on the 1 week on and 1 off roster. Rory is amazing. He is such a little parrot now haha. Over the past few weeks he has started saying 'go away' 'dont touch' 'there it is' 'Uncle Mark' 'Shane' 'Dipsy' (from Teletubbies). He can also point to and say belly, nose, eyes, and when he points to his feet he picks them up, smells them and says 'peeeewww' haha. And he has also picked up on the F word thanx to poppy so now when he sees a car he says 'oooooohhhh [email protected]#$ whoaa car' charming! We are working on stomping that out haha
    Looking at TTC in June/July - exciting stuff!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic easter xoxoxo

Well hello stranger! I was going to message you on FB then forgot all about it! my bad.... Anyway, it's great to see you pop in and say hello - work is busy no doubt. Rory sounds so cute - I bet he is Poppy's boy too by the sound of it Wonderful news of the upcoming TTC too.

H, just smile and be polite as you can be to them and they can't find any fault in you. It's been their issue the whole time, not yours and from the last time the entire family knows that its not *you*. But I do hope it is the ice breaker you need to move on because family tension just isn't good for anyone.

Arte, you have to lay down the law about it now because the lightbulb wont switch on once baby no 2 is here either. If you don't tell them they don't bother to ask what they can do to help. I have a similar argument with my DH from time to time and I just tell him to get stuffed, there are more important things in life than having a showroom perfect house, like actually paying attention to the kids, and if he doesn't like it he can bugger off home to his Mother (who is an insane cleaner ). But is is starting to realise just how hard it is to keep the house clean and doesn't realise that I may clean the loungeroom two or three times in a day, but still buy the time he gets home at night it's a bombshell again, so when he had a full day inside doing bookwork a while back he realised just how hard it can be sometimes so he's not as bad now.

Cally, glad you DH got his worm sorted out Didn't exactly read too well did it ROFL! So how did it happen?

MD, plenty of chocolate around here - too much infact. We went to a community easter party on thurs night and all the kids there got a red tulip elegant rabbit from the easter bunny - one of the big ones!

So yeah, we had that on on thursday night and Alister freaked out bigtime with the rabbit ROFL. He was standing next to me and he went stiff as a board and started crying and holding onto my hand really tight. It was worse than with Santa because you couldn't see the person's face at all so it made them scarier kwim?

Yesterday we did nothing much, had prawns and fish and chips for lunch and that was about it. Today we made easter baskets to leave out tonight. I have a clothes line full of washing that is now dripping wet cause we had nearly an inch of rain - good thing too cause we switched over to the last tank of water this morning. So now Alister is having a tanty/sulk cause he wants to go out in the mud it's quite funny cause now the screaming and crying bit is over he's laying there on the floor and occasionally points at the door and whimpers 'mud?' so you can just guess what he wants to go out and do.

Renee, good to see you! LP popped on a while ago and said that her partner had been in hospital, lost his job so they had moved to a smaller place and given the big girls back to their dad. She hasn't been back since though. Pregnancy is going well, not much morning sickness so it is much better than last time. Yay for TTC, not far away now!

MM, hope it isn't too bad with the IL's. Just act normal, it is her problem not yours.

I don't mean to give the wrong impression about DH, he is a great dad and looks after W heaps. I think he feels a bit restricted by having a small kid though because he looks after W from when he gets home from work until W goes to bed so he thinks I am having 'me' time but I spend all that time making dinner, cleaning up after dinner, folding washing etc. He also doesn't understand that just because the house is messy when he gets home doesn't mean I haven't cleaned it during the day. I am just sick of him telling me that I won't be able to cope with two kids when I can't keep the house tidy with one. Trill, they must learn it from their mums, MIL keeps her house spotless. He has offered to get a housekeeper (actually it was housekeeper or him move out ultimatium), but I resist because it is only something for him to hold over me ie I am so useless that we had to get a cleaner in so the house isn't disgusting. If only he would realise that it would be so much more productive to help tidy up for 10 minutes rather than spending the time telling me how lazy/useless/stupid I am then the house would be tidy.

hi girls!

just a quickie from me to pass the time while DH is taking our cat back to the emergency vet....

MD: hope you are getting loads of cuddles post-biopsy...or at least are being run a nice lavender oil bath to soak the aches and pains.

Sherie: man, prawns and chips sounds so delish. i am jealous!

Cally: i hear ya sista. miss L always seems to behave so well for the grandparents too! then when it comes to me, it is all about the crying LOL!

Arte: hhmmm, not sure about names....i do like the classics though...we have a 4 year old down the road called george and his sister is lola...hmmm harvey is also a 5 year old down the road...hmmmm. names are sooo tricky!!!
    bummer that your DH is still OTT on the housework standards! he cracked up a few months ago as well didnt he? probably a stress reaction me thinks. i so hear ya, that what they see when they come home is not what has been going on during the day. i am forever picking up, clearing, wiping, washing and all it seems to achieve is merely the status quo; yeah sure it doesnt get cleaner but it doesnt get dirtier either. frustrating as.
    one thing we have loosely devised is a cleaning morning. so on saturdays we just go nuts with mopping, washing, vacuuming etc. and leila just has to grin and bear it while we both run around like cyclones getting the house decent. then after that we organise for the fun stuff. seriously, you need to have a little weekly ritual where you get to go out and do something just for you. doesnt need to be real spesh, but even just a good bunch of hours to veg out at the house doing whatever you please!

renee: great to hear from you again! man, it's been ages!

MM: good luck with tonight! soooo, busting it on the dance floor huh?! LOL! now we know where M gets it from LOL!

AFM: well things here have been awful. to put it simply LOL! our cat is desperately ill and we can't really afford to keep going with the vet bills so we are hoping for a miracle here people.
    and for me, things are just crapulent. i appear to have an adverse reaction to the pain-relief. basically i found out today that it likes to interfere with my breathing and i tend to pass out. noice. so those little pills have been banned from the house so now i only have pan forte. urgh. i hate being sick and i think it is impacting on Leila as she has been really fretful around me and lashing out. DH has been really awesome trying to take her out all the time, but every time she sees me lying down she freaks out. but i am just too tired and dizzy to sit. urgh, sorry am ranting!

will try and pop on tomorrow where hopefully i am more rosy!

Aww Clare sending you loads of hugs babe I hope you start feeling better and will pray for the miracle for your cat.

MM how did tonight go?? I hope it wasn't to awkward, the out-laws sound really childish.

Arte sometimes Dh's are such pains arent they, lucky they help create such beautiful little people

Trillian A sounds like such a boy wanting to play in the mud, thats so cute.

Renee good to see you, how exciting TTC soon, GL with it I hope it doesnt take to long.

Cally I hope you had a good night at the movies, lucky you.

Very bored here this weekend lol. The weather has been really bad. We did get L's big boy room pretty much sorted, once he is sleeping in there (rather then just playing in the bed lol) we will move all his clothes in there. I am actually a little sad about him changing rooms and not sleeping in the cot anymore.

Clare - Poor you!!! How long does it usually take to heal? I hope you get better quick smart. As for your cat, how sad, I am hoping for a miracle too!

Arte - I know what you mean, its just like sometimes you wish they would use their initiative a bit more. Dont worry I dont think anyones DH's are perfect (ok so I do know a couple lol) but as long as they help out now & then, well I guess thats ok hehe.

Oz - Ohhh so you have moved him into another room entirely? We were wondering whether to do that or just keep her where she is & if another ever comes along, put them in the spare. So let me know how he goes. Also with all the homebirth talk lately in the news, I was wondering how you went with finding a midwife & if you are still planning a home birth?

Trill - Yes A does sound like a real boy, wanting to get into the mud! How adorable. I agree, spending time with your kids is much more important than having a spotless house!! How are kids meant to have fun in a house where they are so restricted, due to clean freak mama! However I must admit, I really have to stop myself when it comes to cleaning all the time. Lately I've been able to leave dishes all day & just wash at night, where as usually I would wash the brekky dishes, then lunch & so on. Pretty proud of that lol.

Cally - Lucky you, a shopping break does wonders! How is the collar bone going?

Renee - Yay!! Welcome back. We have missed your input & hearing about R. He sounds like he is coming along in leaps & bounds. As for my in laws, long story but in short I finally told DH's mum to back off a bit & realise that I know what I'm doing, it was a long time coming & I wasnt a ***** about it iykwim. Since then things have been badddd lol. Family issues suck, I've come to realise that family takes alot of work.

& no, they arrived & said hi to DH & M, and not me, even though I said hi & presented them with eggs. Completely ignored throughout dinner, so in the end I didnt even bother contributing to the convo. Strangely enough MIL gave me a kiss goodbye though....!?

M didnt sleep at all today, so she was a major mess at dinner. Poor mite, couldnt wait to get her home into bed.

On an exciting note, we bought a plasma tv today. Only because they had samsungs on special at Myer for $1000 and we had $500 in myer vouchers from wedding gifts & we wanted to use the voucher for something around the house. DH is stoked, he has wanted one for ages & I've always said no theres better things to spend our money on! So I gave in....he practically did a dance in Myer when I said ok

Hi everyone...hope the easter bunny made a huge appearance in your houses. Sarah has been spoiled by EB as well as MIL. We're out at Emerald at the moment visiting famiy for the long weekend and its a bit cramped in the house, especially with the rainy weather around. So thank god for the internet. hehe
    We had an easter parade here yesterday so sarah scored well then as well, they chucked lollies, eggs and novelties at the kids. Then we headed out to the Gemfields and fossicked for Sapphires. Found heaps of stones but nothing big or clean enough to cut. We came out here when I was a few months pregnant with Sarah and ended up finding one then that we had made into a pendant. So being Sept birthstone, it has been put away for sare-bear until shes old enough for it. Sarah had a blast playing in the mud out there, will pop some photos on facebook when i get home.
    Anyhoo, off to the dam this morning for Damtastic. Weather is still funky but we'll see how we go.

Thinking of you all...have a great weekend

Good news everyone - It is easter and I don't have any sign of Gestational Diabetes!!!!

That means the easter bunny is very welcome at our house. The downside is I only got myself one chocolate bunny and it melted in the car on the way home, so I punished it by eating it up as soon as it was solid lol. Now I have no chocolate for today..... unless I eat the bunny that MIL sent for W. Would that be bad?????

Kate, I really wanted to go gem fossicking and get a pendent made when I was preg with W but DH didn't want to make the trip. It is a fab idea.

MM, enjoy your new telly. I remember the day when DH was finally allowed to get his one lol, like a kid in a candy store. Sorry to hear your MIL is still being a bit funny, hopefully she will snap out of it soon. Mine are still being weird after our blow-up at christmas about the snapping dog. Oh well, it is them that are missing out.

Oz, we have had W's room set up for months, but he isn't in there yet lol. First we were waiting for him to sleep through, now we are waiting until next month because we are going away for a few days and he is getting his canine teeth... eventually we will shift him. How is your BIL doing? Is he going to stay with you?

Clare, what is wrong with your cat? Hope there is a small miracle waiting for you. Sorry you are still feeling so ill, I was really hoping the op would be the end of it for you.

MD, hope the easter bunny bought you something extra special this year. Does H know what is going on?

How much chocolate do you guys let the bubs eat? I let W have 2 or 3 of those small solid eggs throughout the day. Am I being a meanie?

hello gorgeous girls

arte- i can't believe your dh calls you lazy/useless/stupid...i'm sorry but that is not on! for starters..you are really friggen smart!! great news on the gd, that's fantastic can't you go buy yourself another big egg to celebrate? i've got 10kgs to lose so i'm trying to be good...do you need girls' names or boys'?

renee- great to see you hun, i'm just waiting till the day lewis says the f word. dh says it all the time.

mm- your inlaws are so immature i can't believe it! how come your dh doesn't say 'aren't you gonna say hello to hayley?' or something like that? he needs to man up and stick up for you.

clare- i wish you lived out east here so i could come around and give you a hand. hows your cat going?

hi to everyone else, we went out for lunch yesterday with a couple of dh's friends and their 3yo dd. her and lewis were playing all day and then when we had to leave she was crying and saying 'but i'm going to miss him soooo much'. i think it was love!

Happy easter everyone!! Hope the easter bunny was good to you all! Asha loved her easter egg hunt lol we put heaps of eggs out to all be shared later but asha bit most of them as she picked them up and put them in her basket haha making sure they were hers I spose
    Have read thru all the posts but nothing sticking atm sorry ladies im so hopeless!!
    Did want to say tho to arte re the chocolate ashas had 2 small hunting eggs today and might have more later coz ppl might give them to her but in the few days leading up to easter she's had about the same as W.. I don't think its wrong to eat his bunny haha maybe u could share it? Or pop out and buy yourself something extra nice as for dh my dh is a lot the same in a lot of ways, not understanding that its not me time just because he's watching Ash.. In fact he's always winging about how he never gets to sleep in on weekends because I would like him to help me with the morning stuff god forbid!! Also with the house stuff its never enough.. I agree with the others tho if he's going away all the time u should organise something nice for yourself to do one weekend and let him see what its like to look after W for a longer period of time! Also if he's calling you useless and lazy etc he needs a big kick up the bum coz that's not on!!
    Anyway lovelies im off. Hope ur all enjoying lots of easter chocolate!!

Rainy, I need boys and girls names, we aren't finding out. I would buy another big egg but all the big stores with the good after easter sales are 1.5 hours drive away. So cute about L's little girlfriend!

Clare, we did consider George for a name but I am worried about old english royal names when we already have William ie no Harry/Charles etc. I was keen on Edward, then I read the Twilight books and realised how common it has become again. The girls name I was loving was Elise, but then I started seeing it everywhere so I guess it isn't as uncommon as I thought. Also my cousin is having a girl in the next few weeks and is going to call her Ella, so probably a bit close.

Noni, are you still looking for names? There is a boy at daycare called Leeshaye if you are a fan of the newlyweds lol. There is also a Delesqua and a Jordash. It is like a competition for the most unpronounceable name there.

BTW, I ate the bunny!

ROFL at you eating the bunny. That's why I insist on only the good chocolate for the kids I refuse to eat crappy chocolate - life is far too short ROFL. What about Elsie? I lurve Edie too (said Eadie) but DH wouldn't be in it. Also Ruthie, but Nan would murder me - her name is Ruth and she hates the family name thing LOL.

Just quickly - about to head off for a shower and then some more Cross stitching - am right into one atm and I can't put it down LOL. DH is on the tractor so I will wait up for him.

Kids got spoilt rotten from Mum with chocolate - we didn't get the much at all cause I knew she would go overboard again like she always does. But on the plus side she did me a tube of Lindt assorted easter eggs/bunnies/chicks etc. I luvs me Mum....

Arte not a meanie at all, Logan only got one or two small solid eggs. Good for you eating the bunny too lol.

Rainy so cute about L's little gf.

MM we are slowly moving him into the new room and trying to get him to have his day sleeps in there to start with. I have an appointment with the birth centre in two weeks and will decide where I am birthing after that. We have picked a midwife for a homebirth though. All the stuff in the media is a load of you know what and is doing my head in lol.

Seen BIL today, he has n MRI on Tuesday and providing that is fine he will be going home. I have only just eaten my first egg of the day and only ate half. I hope you have all had a good Easter.

Well we've had a great easter with M this year, we had a little egg hunt in the backyard much to her delight. We let her have a few of the small solid eggs too & she chucked a few wobblies when she realised that she wasnt getting any more. Terror!

Rainy - Oh how sweet a gf already! As for DH sticking up for me, yeah right!! He never has & I will be so shocked if he ever does. We've had so many barneys over it. He just can not speak up to his mum for some reason.

Trill - Edie is gorgeous, you & I seem to be on the same wavelength with names because I am a Ruthie fan too.

Oz - I know theres alot of talk going on atm with homebirth. Whatever decision you make, all will be fine I'm sure.

Kate - When do you go away?

Arte - Yes I agree they definately are the ones missing out, its very sad for them. Sorry to hear you are still having issues too!!

Oz, it definitely is a load of crud all the scare talk about homebirth. I find it really stupid there is such a big fuss about it, it isn't like you can't go to hospital if things aren't going to plan. Midwifes aren't out to kill you or your bub for the sake of a home birth, they will call an ambulance if things start getting rocky. It is the norm here, no one really cares if you birth at home/hospital/birth centre.

Hey all bit of a selfish vent coming here.. I was so looking forward to this weekend coz I've been so tired and really need a break but dps been sick all weekend with some stomach thing and unable to help.. I feel really on the edge coz I was really looking forward to some extra time out and I usually get some help on the weekend atleast but im just feeling so burnt out!! Asha is being really naughty too playing on my last nerve all the time and dp actually had the nerve to go off at me when I was frustrated and told ash to go away when she followed me into the toilet!! I feel like im gonna snap any minute and kill someone!! Its also coz all week I wait for some adult company and then the weekend finally gets here and he can hardly manage to stay awake he's so sick.. I must sound really awful going on about me when he's so sick im just not coping well atm and whenever I REALLY need a break why does everyone else have something else to do and can't help out? Anyway sorry about that ladies best be off to try n find something to occupy my mind before I spontaniously combust!!

Ohh Noni I hear you!! Its so frustrating isnt it, all you want is half an hour to yourself just to refresh! That sucks about your DH being sick, I've had that before as well when I've been looking forward to having him around to help out. I know what you mean, you feel sorry for him but you dont really lol. I've also had a hellish weekend where I've told M on a few occassions to go away & also to be quiet, feel so bad but sometimes we all just need a little break. M isnt sleeping well atm and its doing my head in. Another thing we went out for dinner on Sat night & I never get the chance to eat in peace these days. So I know what you are going through this weekend!!!!!!!!!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast