Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

If she's eaten a fair bit of sand, it could be that she has an upset belly and just needs to get it all out. It would be a fair amount of work on her bowel to process it cause it can't be digested kwim? Just give her loads of water and some juice to help keep her poos soft.

I think I'm going to tweak my av if you all don't know what it was ROFL.

Probably what it is Trillian. Haha feel like such a fool now.

Yum I've recently discovered fish fingers for M for dinner, she loves them, accompanied by veges. Also found in the health food isle packs of cheese rice cracker wheel thingos, they are awesome little snacks, baked not fried, not msg etc etc. So check them out!!

Oh don't feel like a fool, it's just one of those things. I brought those rice wheels things a while ago, mainly for the older kids but I can't stand the smell of them!! They are just foul so I don't buy them now. I just stick to the sakata's cause he loves them - he didn't really go much on the rice wheels, the older kids liked them though. We resort to good old fish fingers sometimes too - he really likes them.

MM, I have heard they can get pretty upset tummies from too much sand

PAP, I'll throw in my two cents - Obviously the current FDC lady doesn't feel right for your family anymore. I can see that FDC would be a nice option for more one-on-one for a little bubba, but if she is still treating him like a small bub then that is not good - at this age they need stimulation, that is the biggest advantage of out of home care. Perhaps a creche is a good option, he is a bigger boy now and it sounds like there are just as many kids at FDC so he isn't really getting the lower carer/kid ratio anyway. Do you have a gut feeling that she may be part of the reason he has taken longer to walk? I hope you can sort something out with FDC on friday.

I think the FB group is all secret now, shouldn't show up on any profile searches

Girls I have been trying so hard all day to keep up but can't.

MM yucko at eating all that sand. I hope you have a better night tonight. L loves cheese Rice wheels.

Arte great work on the group!

PP I hope you get the FDC sorted quickly.

I went and seen BIL tonight, he is so drugged out. They have decided not to operate but he had CT scan to check the internal bleeding and we get the results tomorrow. He is in for a long recovery. I think he (and his GF) will come to stay with us for a while as he has lots of steps to get into his house. He was living here last time I was PG too lol. Told him he will have to hold my hand if he is still here and I have a homebirth lol.

Haha hillarious Oz, that will be an eye opener for him!

Think I may have to mention it at daycare next week, please watch M when outdoors, she loves to eat sand & dirt lol. Its still coming out...

hi everyone
    i've read all your posts, and commented in my brain, but there's just too much to type at this time of night! lol.
    Katie - i hope bil results are good ones tomorrow. I think he's lucky to have a fabuluous sil like you
    mm- i hope M has a good night's sleep.
    arte - thanks for setting up our private group Preg - I saw another person's pic and I thought - Hey, who's that gate crashing!! and then i had a light bulb moment, and shouted (silently of course) "pregagainpan!!!!!!!"
    pp - one of my close friends had a similar situation to yours. She ended up sending her son to a child care centre - as he was ready for the extra stimulation.
    trill - i have to thank you for suggesting the Dairy Farmers squeezy yoghurt. All the girls love them! I found it hard to find a yoghurt that Jess likes - because she doesn't like 'bits'. They don't seem to have any nasties in them either.
    Another snack i have found that Hannah likes is the Healtheries 'Roast Potato - potato Stix, crunchy potato and rice snacks.

Was thinking how nice it would be to have our own playgroup - all the kids playing out in the back yard - and then I had visions of Hannah crash tackling all of your beautiful children to the ground. She goes in for a hug and doesn't let go - ends up taking the victim down to the ground.

Anyway, hello to all you other lovelies that I have missed.
    sweet dreams everyone

JaZaH, there is a little girl at mothers group who tackles the kids with cuddles. She always looks perplexed when her victim is rescued, like she doesn't understand why they didn't want her 'Ruby love' as we call it. She is the most spirited little person I have ever met, like she has no time to waste being a baby and desperately wants to be a big girl.

Ozstar, so are things a bit better with his back than they initially thought? It is horrible seeing people in hospital like that, I will always remember when BIL got a head injury in a car accident and couldn't recognise his own parents. The looks on the IL's faces was so sad.

Arte - thanks so much for setting up the FB group. It's great to see those extra little toddlers!!

PAP - that does sound like you need to find another carer. I can't believe that they don't seem to be taking your concerns seriously at the office. Hopefully by talking to the director you will get some sort of response / direction for what to do now. You probably know this, but if you talk up how good she was when he was smaller, but he is ready for more stimulation now that he is bigger they might not be so defensive about it all IYKWIM?

Jaz - I think K could give H some lessons on bowling over - she swiped two kids on Friday because they were standing between her and DH when he came to pick her up. He said they went flying!

MM - at least it was only a bit of sand that was wrong with M not a perforated eardrum!! Poor little thing, it would be very hard to digest.

Trill - did you change your av already, I can't see anything in the background apart from your 4 lovely children!

Well all is good here. No bats last night came to visit, I even had time to do a load of ironing and washing.

Is it ridiculously warm for everyone else? 30 degrees here today. My poor plants are getting so confused, it was cooling down now it is warming up again. We've just moved onto Level 2 water restrictions which basically makes it impossible for me to do any watering (odds and even system, but only between 5 and 7 in the evening - whoever put that together did not work and have a little one to feed, bath etc!!) Hopefully it cools down soon.

Hi girls,

Just popped in for a quick hello

Oz- hope you BIL is ok.

Ok something funny happened this morning. DH let Liv run around the morning with no cloths on and she dropped some nuggets on my floor in my bedroom. OMG I had a heat attack... lol now The boys had never pooped on the floor before... we asked her what she did and she said poopie...lol now only if she could start to do it on the potty. Oh she did do a wee on the potty the other day.

ok better go I have heaps of work to do.

hello to everyone

where is everyone??
    i'm off to a party today for a friend who has a dd born oct07 and is due with dd2 in a couple of weeks..very exciting. hopefully my boys are well behaved!

jimmy has put on 600gms in 2 weeks and is now up to lewis' birthweight of 4.6kg.
    i took lewis to the playcentre with a couple of friends yesterday and he ran around like crazy for 3hours!! he was sooo hyped up last night and was jumping all over dh when he got home from work and diving into his arms off the coffee table. too funny!

have a lovely day everyone xox

I"m sure they will be fine G. Everyone will be too busy cooing over that gorgeous baby boy. Sounds like he's going to be a big boy like his brother.

ROFL Leanne, thats too funny! At least it was pebbles iykwim

Quickie from me as I have to log off and start packing because we're off to the zoo for the weekend at Dubbo. So I will see you all on Tuesday

Morning Girls,

Rainy- lol at L jumping off the coffee table... WTG Jimmy . Have fun at the party
    Sherie- Hope you have a great time at the zoo.
    Jazmum- how cute about H hugs.

Well all good here no complaints. Just glad its friday too.

It's gone quiet in here again, hasn't it?

Leanne, well done on Livvie knowing about poopie. I think Missy E is still an unconscious crapper!

Rainy - holy moley on little Jimmy's growing - he sure is thriving hun! Enjoy your baby party today. I'm sure L will be a charmer and you won't see J for him being handed around LOL.

JaZaH - I want to join your Playgroup! Don't worry, Missy E can stand up for herself against crash-tackling, she has the superpower of ear-bleeding-squeals. LOL

Trill - enjoy the zoo. You'll have to tell me all about it - we wanted to go while we were over there but DH never had enough time off work/at home to make it happen.

Cally - your bat story was pretty funny. Did you lure it inside with a mango or something? LOL Sorry that's a Darwin joke - people with mango trees in their backyards know ALL about fruitbats!! I saw on the telly the same day that the bat babies have curved teeth so they can grip onto their mothers nipples (oooooooow!)...even when she's flying along! OMG I'm not surprised they are a crabby species. Can you imagine towing Katie around the supermarket while she's attached only with her TEETH???!!

Ok, well I'd better be off, supposed to be studying today but trying to distract myself with more pleasant things as I have an appt to get my results this afternoon. My mind is calm but my body is churning.

MD - send out big good luck vibes for this afternoon. Everything crossed that you are AOK.

OMG, clutching on by teeth only!! So glad I'm not a bat!!

Trill - have a great weekend at the zoo, I'm sure the kids will love it. Are you going to bike around it?

Rainy - my DH would be having kittens if K was jumping off the coffee table!! Have fun at the party!

Leanne - lucky it was nuggets and not a runny one on the carpet!!

PAP - hope your meeting with the FDC director goes well today.

Gosh it is quiet in here. Getting my hair done tomorrow, housewarming for one of DH's friend tomorrow night and then cricket presentations lunchtime bbq on Sunday. Busy weekend in our household!!

hi girls!

JaZ: i am also going to sign up for that playgroup!! and don't worry Leila is also a cuddler. she cant quite knock people over, but probably only cause she hasnt worked out you can yet!

MD: sending lots of hugs your way and hope your body churning has a chat with your calm mind and they can come to some kind of an agreement that = bliss!
    i am also meant to be studying. i have 2 chapters of edits to trudge through and yet, i find myself on here....hmmmmm LOL!

Rainy: that is so funny that your friend and you have both had babies at the same time and they are of the opposite sex! hmmmmm, some future matchmaking potential there LOL!
    have a great time!

Cally: jealous of the haircut! man i need one.

Sherie: have fun at the zoo! all i really remember from Dubbo was this lady cut me off when i was driving to the zoo. she must have been in a hurry to see the zebras!

Leanne: ah well, the plus is that she knew she had done a poo! LOL! has the car come back yet???

AFM: well all good here. i feel some improvement and i have to say that within hours of starting the homeopathy things took a turn for the good! awesome stuff if you can find the right the person. i'd marry the woman LOL!
    Leila is loving the toilet ATM. she did her first wee on there and since then she has been begging to go back on. mostly cause she absolutely LOVES the idea of the toilet paper ...ah well! after she finishes i ask her 'all clean' and she rips out the toilet paper and shows me! LOL! will have to discourage that one me thinks te he he! oh so many 21st stories being stored away.

MD- Hope all goes well this arvo and sending you some good luck vibes...
    Clare- LOL Liv loves the potty too but only 1 wee on it so far. She walks around in her undies and then pees and then starts screaming like as if to say whatttt is this coming out of me. Yep got the car back and it is great.
    Cally- have fun getting your hair done. I love the hairdressers. and have fun at the
    BBQ on sunday.

Clare, well, we're both on here because we're study buddies having a coffee break together, REMEMBER?????! Tell me more about what immune-boosting regime your marriageable homeopath has you on....I've just started with some milk thistle & supplements for my liver, but will also be getting onto some other targeted nutrients like Selenium, more folate, more antioxidants and omega 3's.

Leanne I think MIssy E might have similar issues with wee when we start TTing...she can't cope with getting sticky food like honey on her fingers (OMG major freakout if the porridge leaves the spoon and DARES to land near her hands). I think we need more mud-pie play in the backyard. .

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast