Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #8

i think it just depends what works best for ur bub.. sometimes different brands fit differently on certain bubs n whatever but i knw my aunt used to use no name nappies n swore they were just as good on her boys as any other nappy... if u wanna switch the only way to find out is buy a small pack n try it or find someone whos willing to give u a few... ive heard of mums groups buying a pack of each n then swapping them round to see which ones worked best... good luck!

lol lp i have to take Ash to the clothes line with me haha she never sleeps through that i just take her bouncer outside n put it in a shady spot lol

Someone told me to get the cheap brand ones to use during the day and keep the huggies for night or going out and times when you can't change them as often.

lol noni - I clip the moniter and the phone to my waist and walk around like a secret agent.

Nappy wise I prefer Babylove. Huggies are good too but Babylove seem to fit him better. I just bought a pack of Snugglers, but I don't like them at all and won't buy them again.

Has anyone noticed the box of huggies wipes (80) are cheaper than the refils for the box (also 80)? - I have the stupid boxes everywhere because someone asked me to keep them for something and i don't remember who or why...lol.
    Last edited by LiddlePixie; November 20th, 2007 at 02:34 PM.

LP Hang on to a few of those boxes, they are great later on for storing crayons, stamps, craft bits, etc. BTW cracked right up at what your neighbours must be hearing thru the monitor - H cracked right up too when I read it out to her! My two are having a play on the quilt right now, my heart runneth over~!

god i feel like such a loser i just had a complete melt down lol... u see i was trying to make meat loaf but forgot to put in eggs or breadcrumbs so it wasnt very loafy lol i lost the plot over it crying and telling dp to give me back his plate so i could make something else even though there was nothing wrong with what i made i mean it wouldnt have been as good as if i did it properly but it was just meat and veges and stuff lol... then when i fed Asha she only drank 50mls and then proceeded to scream louder than i have ever heard her scream for half an hour before i put her in the bouncer turned it on and she went to sleep... then i proceeded to tell dp that Asha dosn't like me because shed prefer to be in her bouncer then held by me... gosh hope i dnt have anything like that happen when i am on my own with her... still feeling really emotional and overwhelmed by everything that has to be done around the house and then theres the added pressure that tmw is ww wednesday and i must get out for a walk gosh i'll be lucky to get that shower in tonight!!! i feel like such an idiot!!!

lol lp hopefully that person turns up soon to take those boxes off your hands.. hadnt noticed about the wipes thing we use johnsons wipes and buy them in the bulk boxes at big w you get 6 packets i think in the box of 80 wipe packs for $22 or something like that.. i find them softer than huggies..

Noni your not a looser. I had a melt down about an hour ago, must be something in the air. I think it is healthy to just have a big cry sometimes and get it all out, you end up feeling tones better.

back later Mr Magoo would like to eat.

i feel so bad Ashas really grumpy and the only way she will settle is in her bouncer with the vibrations switched on.. i know i should be happy that i dnt have her clung to me in th heat but i feel bad that i cant settle her with a cuddle she just squirms and cries... i feel like i have made her like this from putting her in the bouncer too much.. probably over reacting am having a bad few days... good to get it out though

noni have had meltdowns (plural) but feel much better after. we have a right to them i think.
    hav a box of snugglers but stil big for max (box says 5-8 kg i think). hav had to use some coz' ran out of newborn ones. don't like them as much as huggies. wil giv babylove a try next time.
    max was an angel in the car today!!! did the suggested feed & burp b4 leaving the house (was in city 1 hr b4 i needed to be). she was quiet until about halfway there when she started to grizzle...turned on cd (the corrs) and she was quiet. next thing i knew, she was asleep! didn't wake or throw a fuss when i got her out of the car. same thing on the drive home. was asleep b4 i put her in the car & usually putting her in would wake her & she'd b cranky. not today. opened her eyes and then fell right back to sleep. wasn't fussy when we got home either. i feel so proud...like another hurdle overcome. it seems that each week gets much better.
    queenie, good luck w/ ur driving tom. oh, i also started the trip w/ hanging toys on the capsule handles.
    good c/up at paedia. said all normal. has normal reflux (spews) but nothing extreme. she's now 10 lbs. wil hav to collect poo to find out if she's lactose intolerant.
    sorry for all the other personals i've missed. too many posts. really wish that my responses as i read could be translated from thought at the time that i'm reading the posts to a written reply.

fianne - thats great about the car ride well done!!!

Guys im worried. The past couple of days Rory has been spewing up quite a bit. He is sick 2/3 times after each feed. He isnt spewing up a lot but I am still worried because he has never done this before. He has also been so unsettled too He cried so much last night too. Usually he cries for a nap or feed but last night I couldnt get him to settled. Its the first time he has ever been like that. I gave him a bath, feed, cuddle, nappy change EVERYTHING. In the end he just tired himself out and fell asleep in my arms...IM just worried because he just doesnt cry normally, he is always always a happy baby.

renee - same thing is happening with ash lots of spew.. sometimes looks like water which is weird coz i havnt given her any without formula in it...shes been really fussy too maybe its something going around? or something normal no idea but its not just you...

noni, i feel so liberated with that car ride.

renee, not an expert here...but could it be reflux? with everyone talking about reflux, i googled it and found a check list of symptoms to watch out for so if you do that you might figure it. or, someone who knows might come on and have an answer for you.

Renee sorry I cant help, if your really worried perhaps you should take him to the Dr. I hope it isnt anything serious.

Fianne well done on the car trip, you will feel like you have heaps more freedom now.

Noni how are you feeling now? Has Asha had some cuddles? Days like that are awful arent they.

LP we are using the huggies, I though about buying a cheaper brand but will stick with the huggies for now. Let me know how you go with the other brands though.

Agnes I am glad its not that hot here.

MD LMAO at your DH going to the vet. I have a block of cadburys in the fridge, actually it is now half a block lmao. MMMMM violet crumbles, will have to pick some up tomorrow.

Went to the Dr today, all is normal. He said that my best option is the pill, which I cant take while breastfeeding. I told him I would just leave things as is for now and go back if I start showing signs of anemia. Logan has been a little fussy today and been pulling at the breast, very frustrating. Probably just a growth spurt or something.

I had better go and jump in the shower, which reminds me to those of you struggling to find shower time. I try to go after Logan has had a feed and is happy to sit in the bathroom in his bouncer laughing at my bad singing while I shower.

Renee - I guess if in doubt, a trip to the doctor wont hurt. Otherwise call your CHN for advice. Hope Rory is ok.

Hayley - Someone told me about using the cheaper brand nappies during the day, and the huggies at night as well. I might give it a go.

Fianne - Thats great that you both had a good day. And you are so right, it does seem to become easier as the weeks go by.

Noni - You are doing a great job with Asha! We all have frustrating times when everything seems to be going wrong. Just remember tomorrow is a new day!!

Well I had a bit of a horrible day. Went to Toys r us and got some more formula while it was cheap. They didnt have the nappies I was after, so I'll have to go to Big W as suggested by Marydean. I finally bought that fisher price melodies and lights gym for Maddie! Then walked around the shops and bumped into a friend with her bub, spent an hr with her talking about babies and sharing advice. Then it all started to go bad...I locked my darn keys in the car along with my handbag, phone, money, formula, bottles, nappies etc etc! I thought ok keep calm home is just around the corner we can walk. Was fretting thinking I came so close to locking Maddie in the car!!! Felt so guilty. So we started walking home and then I realised that my house keys were also locked in the car. Good one. Had to do a reverse charges call on the public phone to get DP home to save us! Then when I got home, on my doorstep was the Fisher Price gym - my mum had gone out and bought the same gym for Maddie as a gift! I hope Toys r us give refunds? If not surely a credit note? Anyway its all good now.

Rory seemed better this evening, no spewing so far or crying. I gave him a feed, put him on his back under his play gym, nice lavender bath, massage, top up feed and a cuddle. I have put him down and he seems okay. Although because he sleeps on his belly he may be sick so ill check on him in a hour.
    Maybe he is just having a off couple of days.

LOL Katie! My friend and I were dancing in the lounge room today trying to amuse Rory haha, he didnt laugh though...just looked at us like we were mad! We could make quite a team trying to amuse our bubs singing & dancing! Lets start our own wiggles!

Nonie - I hope your feeling better. We all have our moments like that.

Hayley - Awww crumbs Sorry you had such a bad day! Im sure Toys 'r' us will refund your money or atleast give you a credit note...or you could drop it off to me HAHA

Dwayne has just started night shift and I thinking im coping really well with him being away during the evenings/nights . He leaves home at 3:00pm and arrives home at 4:30am
    Does anyones Dh work night shift?

Renne maybe we could be the wobbles, I dont know about you but I still have enough of a belly to qualify. Good to hear that Rory is doing better.

Hayley what a day you have had. Very nice of your mum to buy the gym for you, Toys R Us do refunds I have returned things to them before.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast