Here is my elective c/s positive story of Tara's birth :

We got to the hospital at 2pm, I had bloods taken then went up and checked into my room which was to be my room after the birth. Midwifes visited and I signed forms and they asked me what my birthplan was and feeding plans and prepped me for my c-section. I then got a visit from my anethetist he was great and asked me if I decided on the Spinal or Epi, I decided on the Spinal. He said see you in 15 mins at theatre! Im like EEK! already! here we go! so different than Julia's induction, 32 hour labour and emergency c/s.

I got wheeled down to theatre with Jeffrey and he held my hand, we were in the anesthetic room for ages waiting. I then got given the canula and then local in my back and then the spinal. Took a while for spinal to work, felt weird like the Epi did, like it was hitting my funny bone and then my right side would go real numb. After about 15mins of the administering it was all done and I layed on my side for it to take affect. I was wheeled into theatre at 5.05pm or thereabouts. They set the screen up and then topped up my spinal and I could feel the anesthetic go further up. Made me bit hard to breathe and they saw this and gave me oxygen, that scared me as with Julia's c/section I didnt need it. I felt heaps of pressure tugging etc and about 30mins later Tara was born! I thought she would be bigger but she was tiny! she had apgar scores of 9 and 9 which were good. She needed a bit of oxygen at the start but was good after that. She weighed 3.05kgs (6 pounds 11 oz) and 50cm long, head circ of 34.5. I got to hold her straight away which was great, I held her the whole time while they were stitching me up, however they were having issues with my uterus, my OB said and so did the OB's assistant that my uterus wouldnt start to contract so they gave me the drug to get it to contract, there was so much pushing and pressure and it went on forever, I also looked at the ceiling at one stage and eek, the ceiling was silver and I could see a bit of the operation! I told myself not to look.

I was in recovery for about 45mins, but got given oxygen again when I left as they had to give me a PCA for Fenteynl (allergic to morphine) and they dont give you the drugs without oxygen anymore. Got back to my room and BF Tara it went really well then about 45mins later my mum and Jeffrey's parents arrived and Julia! Jeffrey got Julia and took her in the room first to meet Tara and then we asked the grandparents to come in! they didnt stay long which was good as I was quite tired, but not in pain.

My recovery was really good, The PCA drug was taken out of my arm the next morning as was the canula and catheter and I just took Panadine Forte for the pain every 6 hours and then on day 4 I didnt need any pain relief and we went home on day 5.