Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Support ~ September-October 07

How sad Ali, the poor little thing, i hope Emma gets better soon - take care and see you when your right to come back.

Well, ive been naughty as well but not in a really bad way, when i want to eat crap or just pig out i just do it on the weight watchers puddings or cookies (am i just trying to make it sound better?!)
    I know i shouldnt have but i weighed myself when i got up and ive lost .5 kilo, thank god, although now i have to try to keep it off over the weekend, that'll be the challange!

Ali - I hope that Emma gets better soon *hug*

Shell - YAY for the .5kg lost!! I tend to weigh myself every second day LOL I probably shouldnt! I am not going to weigh myself this moirning cause I have already had breakfast

Hi All,

No more weighing yourselves until monday. But yes I agree the weekend will be hard.

Veronica, I just search for the food type and then add it. I also increased my options so I could see how much fiber and calcium I was getting. I too eat lots of carbs, but I've lost 15kg in the past with a very similar diet so I'm not fussed to changing, and as you said you are breast feeding. I'm not eating enough each day either, lol I HAD to have an ice cream last night to boost my calorie intake. The things we do.

Hi all

well it is day 4 of my diet and all i have eaten is soup and friut and vegies... i caved and weighed myself at work and i have put on .3 of a kilo, well it was night time, i'll have to buy some scales so i can weigh myself in the mornings naked...i think thats my lesson...

Hey girls,

This is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Bowl of Special K with almonds and soymilk

Morning tea: weight watchers apple crumble bar

Lunch: Toasted cheese (no fat) sandwhich (wholemeal)
    Skim milk caramelate (from Gloria Jeans)

Afternoon tea: Handful of lolly frogs (very naughty!)

Dinner: Turkey,tomato,cheese and avacado focacia
    Fruit Salad
    Later on: Bowl of Special K

I also went to the gym and did 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 30 minutes on the treadmill. I am breastfeeding my 4 month old daughter also.

Do you think I am eating ok to lose weight (need to lose 9 Kg)?
    My milk supply is good so I don't want to effect it by not eating enough!

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi firstbub,

I'm no dietician, but that doesn't seem like enough to me with your exercise and breastfeeding. Try adding up your calories for the day….

Your exercise would have burnt around 250-350 calories…

I also found this info from a reputable website: “Studies have shown that most healthy breastfeeding women maintain an abundant milk supply while taking in 1800-2200 (or more) calories per day. Consuming less than 1500-1800 calories per day (most women should stay at the high end of this range) may put your milk supply at risk, as may a sudden drop in caloric intake.”

Obviously, I don’t want to scare you though! It’s good to see that you are noticing what you eat and are making healthy food choices. I’d add something else to your lunch if I were you…Hope this helps!PS Red frogs aren't that bad - at least they have very little fat! Obviously a better choice would be something with a lower GI....

Also, to TwoMums don't despair at weigh in! It's not accurate... that sounds like a really strict diet so good on your so far! Keep up the good work!

Ruth B
    Last edited by Bloom; September 21st, 2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Thought of something else!

I know, i shouldnt be weighing yet - bad habbit, im sure i'll put it back on over the weekend! *Must think positive....

Veronica - i tend to weigh myself nearly every day! God only knows why, i think i think if i go for a walk i should have lost 2 kilos!! Stupid me!

Firstbub - I think its ok to have a little bit of a treat (like your handfull of lolly frogs!), it just helps you not want to eat the whole bag of them later.

Don't feel bad Shell - I weigh myself each and every morning after loo, before clothes
    I feel that it helps me. I tend not to get too upset when it goes up (water retention ect) but I am very happy about each 100 g I lose - keeps me motivated.
    I have been a naughty girl this week, am going to tighten the reins this weekend (AF is finally gone - yey!!) so the next three weeks it's knuckel down. Also dd will hopefully be better, so I would have energy to go to the gym.

Hi all,

Twomums, don't stress over the gain. Because there is a lot of liquid from the soup in your diet you may retain water for the first week while your body is getting rid of excess salt. once the salt flushes out you will stop retaining water and the weight will drop.

First bub that is a very healthy diet, and don't worry about the frogs. I think you may need a few more calories though. I would suggest trying out the calorie king website (you can google it) it's free to join and will add up how many calories you have used etc, and tell you if you are eating enough. You may find that because you are breastfeeding you don't need skinny milk and lite cheese having full fat might boost your calories enough without having to eat excessive amounts.

I am breast feeding too and Calorie king has suggested I eat 1830cal per day, and more with exercise.

I too have been pretty naughty this week, but I'm slowly getting there. Just got to do a bit more exercise.

Hey girls,

Well i haven't weighed myself yet, being good and waiting until monday... this Sacred Heart Memorial Soup diet is meant to make you loose 10-17 pounds a week, so i don't think one piece of bread now and then with the soup is going to hurt. If i loose a kilo a week i'll be happy rather than 5.

I caved and had a bit of wholemeal toast with the soup last night at work (darn that freezer full of bread) and i also had 3 roses chocolates. I just figure compared to my eating habits before (eating anything i could get my hands on with abandon) the diet i am on now, with a couple of bits of toast isnt going to slow my weight loss too much!! Right????!!!!! Imagine if i ate fruit and vegies and soup all week, and i loose nothing because i have eaten 3 pieces of toast this week...grr..

Hi there,

Thanks for your advice! I think I will check out the calorie king website. It is hard when you are breastfeeding to know if you are consuming enough calories. I have always had heaps of milk so I am hoping my exercise will not effect this (It hasn't so far and I have been exercising since my bub was 8 weeks old).

TwoMums: Good luck with your weight loss!! I am sure the toast isn't going to hurt too much. At least you chose wholemeal over white!

Hi everyone, well this is me as I am today :

HEIGHT: 165cm (5'5)
    START WEIGHT: 80kg (POST BIRTH OF BUB)
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 73kg
    GOAL WEIGHT 65kg ( THEN WILL SEE)

I really hope this can motivate me, I suffer from chocoholism, I did get down to 68kg before easter, but fell off the wagon when the fridge became full of choc. I find it hard to get motivated when its cold, so as the weather warms up again I hope to get moving. All the best everyone

Oops, I may have to look at some of my eating habits, I just finished my post, stood up and went to the fridge and got a Tim tam, ate it than relised what I had done. The call of choc. is strong, I do best if there isn't any in the house.

HI all,

Two Mums very sensible of you. Knowing that a little deviation is ok will be good for when you finish the diet programe and are eating a wider range of foods.

Rosehannah, you sound like your in a similar situation to me. I was lucky that I was preggo over easter so I pretty much went crazy on the choc. I bought a pack of weight wathcers triple choc cookies to help me through the next week.

I am being very strict on myself today, because I want to see a loss tomorrow morning even if it's just 100gm. Fingers crossed I've lost a little more.

Little bit of inspiration in advance for everyone. if you are saddend by only 100g loss, remember that's more than a mars bar!! and if it's 500g that's a tub of margarine. it really is heaps!! and every little bit counts.

Thanks Kunfubecca, I went and mowed the lawn to work off the Tim tam. he he

I fell off the wagon...I had too too too much chocolate. But I have been thinking of it for days and so I went and got a block, then proceeded to eat it all. I should have brought a small chocolate bar, but old habbits die hard! Oh well back to it tomorrow. I'm going to mums for dinner so there goes tonight too, she always makes something yummy (read: fattening).

Hey Rosehannah!! welcome to the thread and I hope that we can be the motivation that you need!

Rebecca - that is a great way of thinking!!

Kellie - gotta love going to mums for dinner!! Mum always makes something yummy followed by a great dessert.

Well I have fallen off the wagon this weekend. We had a BBQ at home yesterday and I allowed myself to just eat anything and I hope a couple of drinks. I guess we will see tomorrow how much weight has been lost in the week. I am not expecting much, hopefully it will be half a kg! I will be stoked if its a kg.

What sort of scales does everyone have - digital or the old style ones??? I want to buy some new scales but will be scared that I will weigh differently on the new ones LOL

Cant wait for the next weigh in tomorrow!!

Oh I went out shopping yesterday in search of some new jeans cause I am still wearing my maternity ones (with a belt!!) and I couldnt fit in to ANY!! Its soo depressing, I hate looking for jeans cause my legs are big and everything is so TIGHT.

I have had a horrendous week. diet is all over the place, not a whole lot of exercise either.
    Today is a new day and I am back on track.

weight this morning at home 78.0

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast