Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - Feb 2008

YAY JO!!!! Congrats!!!

DH proposed on a hot air balloon 4 my 18th! we had 2 get up @ 3am that morning! lol

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heylooo!
    Well i slept on my new bed last night for the first time, and wow its so comfy. The pillows are so cushiony and yea, it was just really nice
    Its gone all quiet again in here...wonder where every one is??
    I have 9 weeks to go, tomorrow im 31 weeks..i cant wait really. I look in my nursery and think 'All i need is a baby' and of course a few small things too. WOW how time flies!!

Hi Meg, glad to hear your bed is so comfy! Mine was empty last night, my hubby is away till Tuesday

Not long to go till we meet your bub as well! How exciting!

Hey Ladies,

Sorry i havent logged on since Saturday Chris decided to buy an external hard drive & use it to network the laptop & desktop together so no internet until it was all set up & running not happy jan.

Ali- thanks for the congrats, so exciting.

Bianca- thanks for the double congrats, so exciting to have my little girl in my arms and shes already so cheeky and trying to roll over, she had some tummy time on her activity gym earlier and she was trying to move her legs & go forward OMG shes trying to do everything at once haha.

Wish the jewellery store would ring and tell me i can go get my ring, they said Friday and if its not there by Friday i'll not be happy.

Forgot to say its been eerily quiet in here, whens Sally back from Melb :P haha

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey girls
    Just popping in to say hey
    Just uploaded nursery pics if u wanna check them out.
    Hope your all well!
    -Meg

it looks great Meg, all u need now is bub! can i ask where abouts u got that holder on the change table for the wipes and nappies?

nothing much going on here, DD had a temp over the weekend, we didnt get much sleep..so took her to the docs today and she has hayfever, shes been happier today and sleeping better so hopefully its going!

ETA- Jo I hope u get ur ring back earlier! at my work they usually get engagment rings back quicker...its such a shame u have to wait
    Last edited by *EmJa*; February 18th, 2008 at 10:49 PM. Reason: eta

Meg- nursery looks GREAT, im with Blanche where did you get the holder for the wipes & nappies on the change table from? i want one!.

Blanche- sorry to hear your DD had a fever & you didnt get much rest but atleast you know whats wrong with her. I know what a PITA that i had to get the ring sent away, but atleast it will be the right size, i couldnt believe the lady at the shop telling me what was tight on my own finger i said to her look thats still tight and when i take it off my finger it still feels like its on my finger just let me feel what the next size feels like shes was SO reluctant to. She knew it was an engagement ring too but she just didnt seem to care and told me last Thursday is should be back by next Friday and someone would call when it was ready to be picked up, is it normal to be charged for it to be re-sized? they've charged $50.

OMG my sister spun me out tonight telling me shed found an old primary school friend and her brother was in my year and i was TOTALLY smitten with him until he left, he doesnt have his curly mullet anymore HAHA.

Hey ash,
    hows it all going? not long now you as ready for it as you can be??

Yeah where is Ash? hope you've not gone off and had the baby without telling us :P if you dont post this morning im going to sms you.

hey ladies ill have 2 go through the post later havent much time now. Just popping in 2 say CONGRATS JO!!!! How exciting!

Also just checking what ppl think. Im a lil worried at the moment DP did somethink stupid the other night that is making me get scared i may have fallen pg! Not the right time in our lives at the moment and just checking when the soonest i can get pg test?! And what the heck am i going 2 do if i am!!!!!

i keep missing out on this thread lol!

well not getting much sleep lately lol, Jaylen was SCREAMING from like 9pm till 1am last night, no idea why, was feeding him like every hour... gets so frustrating sometimes...

omg kass! usually the test works about a week after ur period is due i think? or like 3 or 4 weeks after conception... i did mine about 6 days after it was due and the lines were quite dark..hmm not sure what u should choose to do if u are, bella would be what, umm 1 and a half ish when it was born? hmm sorry im no help lol...

well i might head off for a little nap on the couch even though i just got up, Jaylen could have another bad night 2nigt

Hi everyone... sorry to worry you all, no unfortunately i'm still here, haven't run off to have a baby yet... Getting really frustrated and stroppy and this is now the third day of 35degrees here. Which yes ain't all that much but we haven't had much of a summer (it's been pretty cold - max temps have been 24ish) so i'm suffering when it is hot
    Nothing seems to be working to get baby moving. Have tried everything that i am comfortable with to see if i can get things going and nothing. Work won't do it, rest won't do it, heat won't do it... am getting to the point where a 'home c-section' sounds like a good idea (ok not really - but just so you get the picture)!

Anthony had a long weekend, it was his RDO and our anniversary yesterday and so i was okay for the weekend while i company and mental stimulation but now i've gone back to slowly going batty. I get excited at every little niggle and pain and then i end up in tears for hoping so much again... at the moment i don't feel like i can cope mentally with this last week... or two or however long it could take. I'm just feeling miserable about the whole situation and im at the point where if bubby turned out to only be an air bubble, i'd be fine with that because at least i'd be myself again. IYKWIM... So girls, any ideas on how i can get through this last week because i am finding it really hard to not burst into a fit of tears every ten seconds at the moment...?

Thought i'd try stay off bellybelly for a bit as everyone's having their damn babies and im not. anyhow, im back again, out of boredom, curiousity, interest, which one im not sure but i dont think ill be the most *friendly* company, sts.

Hope everyone else is well - meg your nursery looks lovely
    Be back later for more personals.

Oh, and Jo - don't worry, if i actually go into labour or have bubby you'll probably end up with a text from me anyway

Jo- it varies at different stores/companies if u have to pay for sizing, i didnt...it should be free everywhere for eng rings i recon as usually engangment rings already cost abit! did she say y she was so reluctunt to let u try on the next sizes up?

Jess - sorry to hear u were up abit last night... ahh the memories!! it does get quite frustrating especially once they have been fed, burped, changed etc and they still seem unsettled..hope u have better night tonight.

Kass - :eek: im not really sure when u can test sorry im not much help!

Ash - im trying to remember wat i did when i went overdue...hrmm i think i slept alot lol i thought if i slept the days away it would go quicker!! i just tried to keep busy but that was hard cos everywhere i went everyone would comment on how big i was and p!$$ me off cos they would ask when i was due and i would snap back " im overdue"!!!!

sorry im not being much help am i...im just going to send u truck loads of labour vibes and i hope ur little man comes soon..

Quote Originally Posted by kass_20 View Post

Also just checking what ppl think. Im a lil worried at the moment DP did somethink stupid the other night that is making me get scared i may have fallen pg! Not the right time in our lives at the moment and just checking when the soonest i can get pg test?! And what the heck am i going 2 do if i am!!!!!
    Depends on the tester. some say 5 days b4 af is due, but most u can do on the day af is due. I cried, then got angry and then i just got used to it. my girls r 15.5 months apart n now i quite like the gap. vent as much as u like hun i have been in that situation.

Ash- message me ANYTIME day or not i'll likely be awake. Sorry that your feeling the way you are, i dont know what you can do to encourage bubs to come, Sophie came on her own i didnt do any of the wivestales to bring on labour, sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Blanche-Honestly i dont think anyone should be charged for jewellery to be re-sized. Yeah engagment rings usually cost a bit use to be that the guy would have to spend a weeks wages on it. She was reluctant to let me try on the next size up because she reckons it would of been too loose, but the size she was pushing me to take was still tight on my finger and when i took the ring off my finger still felt like the ring was on it does that make sense?

Kass- im not sure how soon you can test i was completely blind to the fact i was pregnant it was only after i missed my period & was bleeding and feeling sick (sorry TMI) that i thought i'd better get myself off to the doctor and turns out i was 6 weeks pregnant.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

hey girls
    Thanks for the feedback re my nursery I got the holder from baby on a budget. DP and i were thinking 'Where can we get something like that?' and totally lost hope not being able to find one, and i was in there the one morning, and walked right into it (literally). There was only one left, so i grabbed it!! I can get the brand name etc when i go back home (im at my parents atm) so you know what to look for, but the lady said that there arent that many around. I was just glad id found it

Kass I got a faint pos the day after AF was due...cant tell you how many days DPO that was, i can have a look on my FF chart if i can find it though..Im sure what ever the out come you will manage some how, esp with all our support on here
    Last edited by Butterfly_Princess; February 19th, 2008 at 03:05 PM.

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast