Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - Feb 2008

heyhey!!

how is everyone?? I have a quick few mins... haven't read through any posts, so I hope everyone is all good

Only a few more days till I go home.... i leave here friday night lol I actually cant wait to sleep in my own bed!!

Kass.... if your up for meeting i have nothing planned for the next couple of days.... wed/thur would suit me better as friday will be a run around for last minute things.

gotta go take care

Hey all - We've finally got a wedding date! 10th January 2009! The venue was booked today (temporary booking, but it'll be official in two weeks)
    Meg - My goodness I can't believe you're almost ready to give birth! I remember when you announced your pregnancy! Congrats gorgeous!
    AshnAnt - Good luck on your impending birth!
    Brendansmum - Hope your doing well!
    Jess - Jaylen looks gorgeous from your ticker!

Hi to any and everyone I missed! Take care!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya!!
    Thanks lizjessie, havent seen you around for a bit. How are you going?? I got your comments on facebook, thanks
    We had a baby snake in our back yard, it is still there, hiding in the bbq, but im staying away coz by the sounds and look of it, it could be either a dugite, or a brown snake, which they are related, and very dangerous, and if i got bitten i wouldnt be able to have antivenom coz it would harm bubby. So im calling some one in the morning to check it out. How unexpected coz our backyard is only a patio and doesnt hold anything to catch the attention of a snake...and im a bit worried there may be a nest in the bbq...but i could be wrong.

Lizjessie - congrats on settin a date for your wedding, now if only we could organise ours...

Ash - Hopefully it wont be too much longer, here's wishing you luck. At least the weather is only going to be low 20s today.

Jo - Congrats on the engagement if I havent said it already. Yes it is normal to charge for resising an engagement ring, mine cost $65 to get done and I was told it would be back in 5 days (on the saturday) so we turned up on the saturday & it hadnt been done, then they said they'd call us when it was done and we ended up calling them every week, all up it took 4 weeks to get it back. We were supposed to get a valuation on it as well. And that was supposed to be sent to our PO Box or they would call when that was ready, 2 months later & still no valuation, rang them and it had been sitting there for nearly a month. Grr!!! eventually we got them both.

I had my 2nd OB appointment yesterday. Apparently alls well, I shouldnt have to worry about my neice having german measles coz I have good immunity & I didnt have much contact with her. (Long story short, saw my 16mth old neice Tues, got phone call Sat, she had german measles, havent seen her since)
    Also have my referal for the next US HOORAY!!!!!!!! So we will find out in 3-4 weeks if its a boy or girl.

Hope everyone else is well

My god Ash your a good laugh....sorry if that has Pi$$ed you off.... LOL, seriously though you poor thing! I really hope that you don't go past or at least too far past your due date. It is hard being home by yourself, not to think about things though, I know!!! I hate being home alone, time drags. Try to keep occupied. Clean, clean and then clean some more.....

Had a antenatal check up yesterday at the hospital. Bubby is head down!! WOOHOO!!!!! I was worried that he hadn't moved yet but looks like he has been there some time now without me knowing. Now I know that he is KICKING me in the ribs.....hurts sooooo much sometimes. His heart beat is good and strong and I found out that he gets hiccups quite regularly. I sometimes get this pulsating sensation in my bottom left hand side of my tummy. Joel and I thought that it was the cord wrapped around something getting limited supply to bubba, and we were worried, it happened yesterday while I was at the hospital so I got the midwife to check and she said that it was hiccups!!! Such relief. Also got to see him on the portable ultrasound machine.....def a boy!!! Saw his tackle.....hahahahaha!
    Nursery is pretty much set up now and all I need to buy is necessities like baby wash, powder, nappies and things like that. I also need a labor bag packed....it just doesn't seem to be happening.

Anyway, talk more later. Washing to do.

I have a quick question for you all im just curious what the first few symptoms you had when your were pregnant & how early you felt them..iv always wondered how early the symptoms (if any) can appear

really sore bbs, soooooo tired, and going off coffee, needing to drink lots of fluid and needing to lay down all the time.
    Also after DTD, a stinging sensation (TMI)

Thats what I had first
    Last edited by Daydream Believer; February 20th, 2008 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added more

REALLY sore boobs, lethargic, no energy at all, going off food, headaches, period type pain around the time that your period is due...but no period
    I didn't get these until I was about 10wks except the sore boobs thing....thought my period was coming so I waited around for ages....(found out I was pregnant at 7wks gest)....not even thinking that I might be pregnant, then SURPRISE!!!
    Last edited by rustygirl; February 20th, 2008 at 11:13 AM.

OMG!!! I just realized that the baby on my ticker is on the last picture!!!! EEEEEKKK!!!!

So, do you reckon they've forgotten to give us a new thread, or they're just giving us one for this month??

Trini - i fell while on the pill so i was oblivious to most of it 'meaning anything' until i looked back on it when i found out. I found out when i was 5w5d, whilst extremely hungover... .

BUT... when i would have been just on 5w, i went to the doctor, complaining of the following; dizziness, nausea, headaches, feeling faint, & a cold that wouldn't go away (yes apparently that can be symptomatic of pregnancy too). Now the irony is, at this same appointment i told him i was sick of being on the pill as is totally retarded my body and was thinking about implanon - and not for one second did he twinge that SOME of those may have been pregnancy related. He told me, "you have a virus, it will pass...", yes it will pass... in about 18 years and nine months !

I also remember needing to pee all the time, period cramps & bloating, and i broke out in pimples bad, feeling like i was about fifteen again. I also had the mix of sore boobs and i grew two cup sizes out of nowhere .

The boobs thing got me thinking... & I finally twigged that night while i was... off my face... realising that the thought of KFC (like the best drunk food ever) was completely disgusting. Yes, the intoxicated mind works in weird and wonderful ways. Haha, then me and anthony had a crying/yelling/screaming match in the middle of swanston st, which i am very thankful that i do not remember .

Thats another thing I forgot, both times I fell pg I had the worst cold/flu ever for about 1 1/2 weeks. (The first time was at christmas and no chemists were open not that they would have given me anything if I had known)

Nina - i can't believe you're 36 weeks! I remember when our little tickers were like 23 wks :P Goddamn, you better not beat me. If i go over and you go early i will be so so so disappointed!
    Good to hear head is down I never felt hiccups until he engaged properly, and now they're painful because he's been really low for ages i get the worst cervix pain dykwim?.

Hey LJ good to see you back, we wondered where you had disappeared to!!! Congrats on setting the date, that's really exciting We're hoping to get around to setting one by mid-year but all depends on how things go... I don't really want to wait any longer than is necessary (finance wise), but we think my sisters and jellybean as the 'little ones' would be soooo cute. So we might put it off for a while yet.

Kass - let us know when you do find out... i'm pretty sure you can test 12-15DPO but i'm not 100% sure. Like Ali said - you will feel different things, but then you will cope... We always find a way, that is just human nature. And Meg is right - there is so much support you can access/gain from BellyBelly from when times are tough or when you need advice or a whinge or a cry. I know my pregnancy would have been a lot harder without the BB girls and no matter what happens they/we're always around even if just to offer a hug! *hugs*

Sal - thanks, yes, weather in the low ranges again is good... the last three nights have been horrible the aircon doesnt circulate well enough to our bedroom and i havent bought a new pedestal fan yet so last night i tried sleeping on the couch and that was useless so then i just lay awake like a zombie for a few hours... was so thankful for the cool change i swear i just zonked when it came though...!

Don't worry Ash, according to the midwife I have a new EDD. It's now the 20th instead of the 18th. It's only 2 days but .......it's two EXTRA days!!!!!!
    I always felt like I was going to go early. I suppose time will tell and Bean will choose his own birthday!

Thats another pregnancy symptom that I forgot about.....having to pee allot , and bloating like mad! I usually have a really flat tummy and when I became pregnant I had a noticeably round podge!

Hey guys im going 2 do a test on Monday Ill let u all know as soon as i do.
    Hey Nina, long time no type, hahahaha im such a dork!
    Trini: The 1st signs i was pg was, sore booby's!!! I found out i was pg at 3wks so i guess symtoms happened straight away. u r!!!

Hey Kass.....Ooohhhh, a little nerve racking eh?

Hey i dont think i am but i had my period then DP did that stupid thing that guys do and my period has stopped?! I think im worried about nothing but still
    Do u know anymore about ur DP leaving?

Boys will be boys...............

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you all.

HE'S NOT GOING!!!! WOOHOO!!!! SOOOO excited. Although he will be going on a course in April and that's a bummer, better than him going to Afghan though.

Thanks for the replies ladies

Im getting a little paranoid that i might be because my last AF i only had 1 day of medium bleeding & then not much else at all..& recently i have been sooo tired that i get out of bed late & wanna have a nana nap in the afternoon..its really strange my DF mentioned the other day that my boobs look bigger but they havent been full on sore just a little niggly at times! im peeing very frequently & had a head cold recently but i think its gone now but i still have a stuffy nose!

I start back at uni next week which im excited about so i dont know if i am pregnant if it will be a good or a bad thing but thats again ladies

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast