Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan 2008 #2

waiting1 Guest

Hi Bec - congrats and welcome to agonising 2ww - ill see you in that thread... Why was it uncomfortable? none of mine have been - maybe its because it was a blast being transferred. I understand the fight - I think the day of transfer is the most stressful becuase it means we start the rollercoaster again and there is so much potential day 1 etc. Best of luck to you !

Waiting1, a blast transfer is no different to a regular transfer - it's still just a catheter that needs to go through the cervix. And that's the trick - some cervixes (cervices?) are uncooperative and kinky (no, not like that!) and it hurts to have something straight pass through. My first transfer was fine, didn't even feel it... but the hycosy I had later on afterwards was agonising. The difference comes from the progesterone pessary my clinic has me use the night before transfer - I can only assume that it makes my cervix nice and soft and happy. They could only get the catheter half way through for the hycosy.

Bec, still watching with great interest... really hoping that IVM is going to come in here soon so that I don't have to go through OHSS again! It's not so bad when they can keep you comfortable in hospital (rather than being a goose and sticking it out at home), but the three weeks for complete recovery is a complete pain in the proverbial!

BW

Quote Originally Posted by saltprincess View Post
    I cringe whenever I even think about my cervix being touched, but my IUI today was OK. I'm feeling a bit sore now though, has anyone who's had IUI experienced that?
    Oh yes, I was quite sore after my IUIs for a day or so. I was not sure if it was the procedure or the pessaries. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by nattty View Post
    How was Steve?? Ohhh my ovaries just hum when he is around!
    Lol you crack me up I actually brought all the clinic staff butterfly cakes today, baking helps me relax so I decided to make use of it.

BW's right, there was nothing out of the ordinary, just not used to people to sticking things into me! BW, hope that IVM becomes more widespread quickly, your OHSS sounds horrible!

Hey Bec ... congrats on the transfer! Have just been reading up! I like BW and a few others are obviously really interested in IVM! Hope it makes it to our parts of the woods!
    Here's hoping your 2WW is a breeze and look forward to hearing of your BFP!
    Mon

NAT025 Guest

Hi Everyone
    I haven't posted for a while as I have been trying to keep my mind busy with other things going on in my life as the whole TTC thing is really taking a toll on me and getting me down. I had my first blastocyst transfer a few weeks ago. I was so excited as i thought I was in for a good chance since I have unexplained infertility. My husband and I went on holidays over Christmas to make the time pass but unfortunately AF showed up 3 days before BT. We are now having another blast transferred in Feb. I have decided in the mean time to take a look at other fertility clinics in the Northern Suburbs of Perth. Does anyone know if there are different success rates with different clinics in Perth? I love the doctor that I am currently with but I am thinking why is nothing working?? Maybe i should change clinics!
    Can anyone recommend good clinics in Perth with great success rates
    Please help

Sending for BW, Bec & Salt! Good luck girls!

BW I saw your comment to Tish about blunt Org needles and yes they still are blunt, Dh made a comment yest morn about trying to get it into my skin and they always hurt. Had my last one this morn YAY. Anyway this morn at the nurses I spoke with her about it and she said it is a common complaint. So I asked her to speak with the rep about it next time they come round, like you said the more complaints the company MAY do something about it. I reckon if you put those needles under a microscope they would look like sand paper!!! LOL.

Hi everyone,

Deni - I hope you're appointment went well.Welcome to IVF! I wish you lots of luck with your next cycle, and your gypsophilia is a good omen, indeed!

lynros - the 'what if's' are nasty little things, but they are there, no doubt, hun. Ask questions here if you need to - there'll always be someone here to help you if you're stuck with a 'what if' or something you don't know. I wish you lots and lots of luck.

nattty - welcome to BB! Good luck with your FET

Kell - hey there hun, how are you? I hope that AF comes along quickly and that you're doing well for now

Blayz - I hope everything in your cycle is going along well - I've been wondering how you're doing!

Tish - glad to hear your move went smoothly. Don't be jealous - it's a bugger of a big job trying to pack up everything for o/s move! But seriously, yes, it is very exciting
    It sounds like everything with your cycle is off to a good start - wish the nurse could have told you where things were at! An antagonist cycle means that you are on a different drug protocol to stop your body from producing its natural LH (luteinising hormone) surge that triggers ovulation, so that your eggs can be collected at the right time without the problem of you ovulating them in to your body too early. This is the Orgalutran you are on. You are on this every few days as it's affect usually lasts about 96 hours. In both a flare and down-regulation cycle, a different type of drug (called an agonist - usually Synarel or Lucrin) is used to stop the LH surge, and it works in a different way on your body (specifically, your pituitary gland). All protocols are all out there achieve the same result, just a different way of going about things, and a slightly different affect on your body, hence they can be used for women with differing natural hormone situations. Hope this helps - ask away if anything needs clarification!! Will be thinking of you for the next step.

NAT025 - I'm sorry to hear your last transfer was unsuccessful :hugs: It must be so frustrating and difficult to be hoping for a good result and then nothing comes of it again. I'm sure it makes you want to search for answers as to why it's not working. But sometimes there aren't any. Nature just keeps on top of science. Nature demands that it just takes one little embryo, but it has to be the right one to stick. It doesn't matter how good those embryos/blastocysts look. And sometimes it takes time for that right embryo to be the one that's inside you. Up until then, there often can be no easy scientific explanation as to why that one didn't make, or that one, or that one. Clinic success rates are, unfortunately, only an average of all the IVF treatments occurring. They don't help you a great deal in your own situation, cycle to cycle, as much as you would like that good success rate to help. This is particularly the case if everything has gone to plan and you've made great IV embryos. If you are happy with your doctor, then stay with them They know your history, they know the right treatments for you, and they have been through the difficult things with you. Questioning things when it goes wrong, whether it's the first time or the 10th time is normal. You want to be able to take control of why it's not working. But I don't know that changing clinics is going to necessarily take control or change anything, hun. Ask your FS all the questions in the world so you feel like you know everything there is to know about your own situation, and this is the best you can do. It sounds meager, but it's IVF and we are all forced to accept the journey as it goes along, even and especially when the worst things (no answers for a BFN) are the hardest things to accept. I'm thinking of you heaps and sending you lots and lots of hugs, Nat. Hang in there, and I wish you lots and lots of luck for your next cycle.

Miss C's update:
    I'm waiting to find out whether my OPU will be Friday or Saturday. I'll find out tomorrow afternoon, just depends on the clinic scheduling. I had my u/s yesterday morning and it was a mixed bag, but good news overall. My right ovary has 2 dominant follicles (~18mm) that have gone ahead of the pack unfortunately, but my left ovary is "looookin gooood" according to FS lol. I think 6 or 7 follies, all about 18-20mm. We're holding on to them a few more days so there's no chance of under-mature eggs this time, so it will 15 or 16 days post starting stims and CD19-20 before collection. Lol hurry up, slow body!! ET will be Sunday or Monday (lovely FS works both weekends and public holidays).

We're at the thick end of the move now - piano is being shifted today, removalists pick up everything else and put it in a 20ft container tomorrow. We'll be homeless from Thursday night, when the keys go to the real estate for settlement on Friday. So we'll be staying in country VIC (a bit over an hour outside suburban Melb) before we move o/s on April 16.

Today is the last day I'll be on BB as often as I have been. We don't have internet access where we're staying, unfortunately much to my chagrin wireless broadband or 3G isn't an option either - very limited access in country VIC, country anywhere, other than Telstra and they expect you to go on a 24 month contract to have access to their network. So I'll be ducking into town to get internet, and hopefully will get a chance to check at least once a week, so I can check up on how you are all going!

Good luck to everyone in the TWW - jbub, Bec, Salt & BW - my thoughts are with you, and those who'll be joining in soon too.

Catch you soon - after OPU and ET!

Many hugs and warm wishes,

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; January 22nd, 2008 at 10:36 AM.

Default Miss C

Its funny how we all get to know each other and want the best for each other on here. I read your update and just sat her wishing like anything that it all goes well for you, that those follies are nice happy ones, ready for their intro to the swimming ones. I really dont know how your doing it with going o/s and all but obviously you have it all planned out, I would be panicing. Good luck with everything and I hope your not too much of a stranger.

Take care

Miss C, good luck with your OPU and ET!! Sounds like we are both having it done at the same time. Graet news on your follies!! I have been really well this time round and have 6 good size follies on teh L and 9 follies on the Right which 5 of them look to be a good size and the FS is very happy with the look of my lining, so am all set for Thurs EPU!! YAY am getting very excited. As soon as I saw those follies I was emotionally invested! It makes it real for me. I'll be thinking of you over the weekend.

AB I agree I have spent so much time wishing for the best for alot of BB members, people I havent met but feel like I know so well. It is really a lovely feeling to support others and to recieve support.

Salt the jabs arent real real bad they just sting when really they should be fairly smooth, hopefully someone will do something about it one day so others dont have to dread them. Good luck for your TWW!!! Fingers crossed.

Good luck miss_c ((hugs))

rather hazy Guest

Hello ladies, I'm new to this thread & only very new to this whole forum. I've 'moved' from the Donor Conception Thread.

DH & I were told in December that he had no sperm - so we immediately considered donor. But my DH just had a testicular biopsy conducted by our FS and sperm was found.

We are now taking the IVF option.

Am I in the right thread? I'd hate to start blabbing if I'm in the wrong place.

We have our appointments with Sydney IVF on Thursday. We'll be seeing the accounts department, counsellor & nurses. I'm sure they'll give us plenty of information. But I love the stories & support this forum gives, so I just want to be sure I'm in the right place.

Arvo everyone

BecD thinking of you in your two week wait Hope to join you soon!

Lionfish feels more like a blunt chopstick to me! Takes a lot of poking, huh? Glad you had your last one!

Miss C yes I can imagine, as it was with us I got rid of a lot of stuff rather than pack it. Op shops loved us!! If you have to wait a while before you see your stuff at the other end it's a lot of fun re discovering your stuff though Thanks for the info too. Seems like every time we go to the clinic they're really busy and I feel a little rushed to ask these kinds of questions. I'm taking the orangutan (LOL) drug every day at the moment, for the last 2 days and got another 2 today. Doh! It makes the gonal f seem fun. The syneral sounds horrible, so maybe it's the lesser of two evils. Good luck again and hopefully we'll see you soon Virtually.

Rather hazy I'm in the same boat as you. Partner has a blocked vas so needs to have a testicular biopsy (needle or open), which he reminds me about on a very, very regular basis for maximum sympathy! Congrats on finding sperm - we're still in the dark on that one, they're doing the biopsy on the same day as PU, as the FS is confident of finding some.

Over here, I had another scan and blood test today and waiting for the call back!! From looking at the scan there seemed to be lots and lots of tiny follicles and 6 or so bigger ones that were about 15mm. The sonographer still didn't want to tell me much, but I'm getting better at reading what they're up to!!! Nurse seems happy with how things are going, tho the follicles are still a little small and are taking a while to go. I think I'm on a pretty low dose of gonal f anyway, and she said that the antagonist slows growth further.

I'm starting to feel heaps more bloated which is good - I guess it's working. Pants don't fit me, which I'm still blaming on the drugs

So a few more days of orangutan $$$ and looking like a PU on Saturday, so I'll be thinking of you miss c that day too.

That would mean transfer on the 30th or 31st which is pretty much the timeline I was given in the beginning. Exciting stuff! Also had "the" chat to the personal trainer today, and he's structuring a work out for me which is also exciting.

Warm vibes to everyone!!

Tish
    x

Nat, Im at FertWA in Claremont and I can highly recommend them. Let me know if you want any details

Hey Everyone - thought i would pop in here and see if anyone is going through what i am going through - i have had 2 MC all pretty early on - my FS has put me through heaps of BT and it seems i have a very low progesterone problem! so now he wants me to take HCG injections every 2nd day starting from 3days after my peak day - and if i do fall preg than i have to have progesterone injections - is anyone else going through this? is there any side affects of the HCG injection? will it make anything worse? and how do i possible give myself a needle when i am petrified of needles? is there a light at the end of my tunnel? cause right now i dont see one!

Default hj1981

I had Progesterone but not in a needle. (thank god because i dont deal well with needles.... big needle wimp here) My FS put me on Progesterone Pessaries (200mg) straight after transfer. From memory I was on them for 4 weeks. I would use one in the evening when going to bed, and when I woke I would use another and then stay in bed or go back to sleep. The only down side i had was that my body seemed to be aware that I had to wake up to use the morning one, so it woke me continually during the night, only to roll over look at the time and go back to sleep again.

i dont know why he has got me on the hcg injection for every 2nd day - i googled it and it looks like its only given once??? now im scared!!! he did tell me i could take the pessaries however said the injections is better???? im scared of needles big time! and to give it to myself!!!! another thing he said to do it on abdo just under the skin - however from what i have read its meant to go into muscle!! unless it is a different injection all together! im worried that this will make whatever is wrong with me worse!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast