Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous after 1st transfer

Ok...don't want anyone to think I'm totally mad...but I don't think I want the D&C...Dr said he would rather I do things naturally but yesterday I didn't think I could cope...but if I wait...even if it takes a few weeks...then I can do FET within 8 weeks rather than a minimum of 3 months...what do you think?

Sorry Ellie :hugs: I've left a msg in my hcg hell thread x
    Last edited by Smudge; May 25th, 2007 at 07:30 PM.

Hi Ellie,

I can understand that you don't want D&C, 3 months is a long time to wait...I only had one month break after my stim cycle, but it seems eternity...

On the other hand, do check with Dr. what the implications are if you wait it to happen naturally, as long as a few weeks...just make sure that it doesn't harm your body in anyway...but again, I never had any experience in this, just my thoughts...

whichever way you decide, we will be here with you to go through it together...good luck hun! x

Ellie, I agree, if your doctor says its okay, then do it naturally if thats what you want. Its always helpful to feel like you have a plan isn't it. 8 weeks is a lot better than 12. As BB says, we're here for you whatever you decide... x

BB, I just love your attitude! Surely you will have lots of babies with that ;-) I'll be thinking of you this week during the scans etc, this will be the one! You'll see!!! I was also fairly detached so maybe that helped. Who knows, pure fluke I guess.

No more blood tests for me :-( I'm kinda tempted to go to a GP tomorrow for another one, but I just have to try and relax and have faith that everythings going as it should.

OK, now I really am going x

Ellie,
    Hun I have been following but had no wise words to offer unlike the other wonderful women in here. I have had more D&C's than I care to admit, alot of them from retained products (lovely). If it was me I prefered to have the D&C, one cycle I waited and waited trying to pass products that never happened and ended up having it done anyway. It was a waste of months and very depressing for me. But like the other girls it is a decision you have to be happy with. Huggs sweety its not fair
    Bec

Janet: You clever little cookie, you take it easy and enjoy

Thanks Bec...I'm swinging from one extreme to the other at the moment...I'm so sick of feeling sick and all the preg symptoms...I just want to feel 'normal' again...but I'm thinking that could take a while anyway? How much pain were you in after D&C...I have no idea what to expect...any info would be helpful?

Hi Ellie, I've had a D&C before too and it wasn't very sore. My tummy just felt a bit tender afterwards, and weeing was hard (not sore though). So you're still feeling all the symptoms etc? Are you going in for another scan or anything? I guess your levels are probably still pretty high?

Ellie,
    I was a little tender for a few days but nothing that required any pain killers. I suppose waiting around and taking it easy recovering is similar to waiting around for someting to happen. I had a situation where I delievered one of my girls and had to have D&C to get the retained placenta, I had it done at 10am and was home and being cared by my family by 1pm. Waiting is such a horrible thing and I suppose the medical intervention that we subject ourselves too with the IVF it made it easy for me to think I want to know it is all gone and nothing will hinder my chances next cycle. Hun I feel for you to make a decision like this is tough in a sence it is the end of a cycle that should of worked, I often felt quite empty after it iykwim.
    But in saying this I had an Obst tell me that he wouldnt do anything until I delievered the baby even thou she had no chance of life because I would always wonder "What if" and although it was hard at the time to accept I know that I would of thought that now.
    But dont give up hope... believe me good things eventually happen to good people
    Bec

Thanks Bec...I had an appointment to see me GP this morning...was going to get a second opinion and see if she would get me scanned...but on talking with DH last night...we decided it's time to accept that we might not like what the FS has said but he's never let us down before...and he did literally save my life (ruptured ectopic)...so I've cancelled the appointment and I'm going ahead with Wednesday...there is just no way a 2mm yolk sac at 7 weeks 6 days is viable...I've searched the internet all week and all the sites say pretty much the same thing...so time to move on...my next big drama is what to do about work...I just don't want to go back...will deal with that one after wednesday...thanks so much for listening xxx

Its hard when the world can go on around you and all you want to scream is "hey I am having a really crappy time" Work seems so irrelevant. Take care of you first.
    Glad the DH and you are on the same page it makes life alot easier.
    Always here to listen just at the irrelevant place saving my pennies for future cycles lol
    Bec

I hear you! It's bizarre to think we just paid $5000 out of pocket for this 'fantastic' experience...I know it's terrible to think about the money but it's the reality of it all...at least if we do another cycle this year the medicare rebate will kick in...can't believe I'm even thinking about it...one thing I have been thinking about..is next time I'm not doing all these bloods once I'm pregnant...I found watching the levels doubling really stressful...they can do the tests I just don't need to know the results every 3 days...drove me nuts...I'd rather take it easy till 7 weeks and then a scan to check for ectopic...ahhh..getting so far ahead of myself...just have all this stuff going through me head about how I'd do things differently next time...and I will not be working that's for sure!!! The stress of that joint is not helpful! My FS has offered to write a letter to my boss which I thought was really nice...I'll be getting him to do that to attach to my 'leave without pay' application for next year...now I'm just dribbbling...have been getting lots of cramps this morning...keep going to the loo expecting it all to have started but nothing yet...anyways...better have a shower and get the day started ...it is 9.30...oh well...talk later xxx

Ellie, you're so strong honey. I'm sorry you've come to the conclusion that your doctor is right, its not a conclusion any of us wanted. But onwards and upwards right... I think you've got an amazing attitude after everything. I agree to dump the job, after all, you've got to be happy and it doesn't sound like they're helping with that. I'll be hoping with all my might that the next cycle is the ticket and brings you your much longed for baby.

Beibei, how did your scan go on Saturday... any action down below?

Hey Janine
    Just hanging out till Wednesday...if we make it...cramping is getting worse so I wouldn't be surprised if something happens tomorrow which would be good in some ways...I'm going to ditch the job...going to do it properly...go out with my head held high not lower myself to the bosses level...so I figure I'll have to finish the 4 weeks of this term to allow them time to replace me...who knows maybe they'll let me have 2 days a week or something...will have a go at negotiating what's best for me when I get back...gosh...I'm doing ot again...planning...I'm such a control freak...

So...any symptoms yet???

BeiBei...where are things at for you???

Bec...didn't spend a cent today...saving saving saving for the next round!!!!

Hi Janine, thanks for thinking of me...Scan and b/t all went fine on Saturday, but not much to report as yet...its only my day 11 today, so b/t tomorrow and I normally O on D14...so transfer won't be until next Tuesday ...

How are you? Feeling any symptoms yet? I hope you had a relaxing weekend...Did you end it up having another b/t or HPT? Hope all is going well...

Ellie, how are you hun? Hope Wed comes and gone quickly and you soon will be feeling better...and good luck with the work situation as well...

Morning ladies...
    Hope you all have a great day...I am so stupid...stumbled across this thread in miscariage section about scar tissue after D&C and all the dramas it can cause..why do I do this to myself????? Ahhhh...anyways...he's a great FS all will be fine! The we can talk FET...how exciting...can't believe I'm feeling so much better already...hope is a wonderful thing!

Ellie, stay away from those googling those things... they are poisonous (I should know he he).

BB, not long now then til you have your little snowbubs on board!!! I can't wait!

I'm actually feeling very worried and stressed today. My boobs don't feel as swollen as they did yesterday. I phoned the nurse in tears and went for another test. I'll have the results after lunch. In the meantime POAS and its still very positive (darker than the control) but I'm still scared. This is the same time I lost the baby last time. I did have extreme hunger, thirst, peeing alot, yawning alot and swollen boobs etc but now I'm wondering whether I still feel any of that. Sheesh, its so stressful.
    Last edited by bokkie; May 29th, 2007 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Spelling

Bokkie...oh sweetie...it's so hard...there is nothing anyone can say or do to stop the worry...the fact you where in tears is a good [email protected]?! (Trying to be helpful) Why not ask for an early scan? I got scanned early coz I was soooo stressed about having another ectopic...I found the clinic were more worried about keeping me calm than sticking to the rules as such. One step at a time lovey...just think how good you're going to feel when they ring and tell you your lgreat, really high levels...then you'll be worried about twins...or triplets again!!! Imagine a triple baby bonus....cool!!!! I can't imagine how long a pregnancy must be when the first few weeks take FOREVER...I'm praying for you and sending lots of sticky vibes your way...I'll keep checking in for an update xxx

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast