Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lasagne Recipes!

Thanks Ausgirl!

I think the cheese sauce is the most important part - I also add a good pinch of salt to my sauce but otherwise make it exactly the same as ausgirl.

My meat sauce is different though, I use basil leaves and also for something extra - if I am really in the cooking mood, I will spread pesto on each lasagne sheet then white sauce, then meat sauce and repeat. It really gives it a delicious extra kick. I either use normal green pesto or the sundried tomato one.

I add onions, garlic and mushrooms to the spag bol mix plus carrots and beans. I've never done capsicum though! And simmer it for as long as you can to let the flavours develop (3 or so hours is excellent). And go the cheese sauce! Yummy - now I feel like lasagne!

My DH and I have just discovered the yumminess of mountain bread lasagne.

Make bolognaise sauce.
    I just make ity fairly simple
    500g mince
    1 leek chopped
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tin roma tomatoes
    2 T tom paste
    6 small field mushrooms
    2-3 spinach leaves
    Herbs
    S and P

Look it may seem like blaspemy but I actually make my white sauce in the microwave and I reckon it works fine.
    Heat 1 cup milk until almost boiling
    Add 1 cup cheese and 2T corn flour dissolved in water to make paste
    Stir vigorisly until thick

Layer in lasagne dish - mountain bread then a quarter of meat then drizzle with white sauce. reapeat until finished. Make sure last layer is mountian bread with white sauce and a layer of tasty cheese.
    Cook for 40mins @ 180oC. Enjoy

I used to use the fresh sheets but now DH and I both prefer the mountain bread as it is tastier and not soggy or tough but delicious!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234