Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: ? Progesterone problem

hj, i just pm'd you

Not long now and i will hopefully get some answers from FS as too why i am Miscarrying!!!
    tune in tomorrow arvo for hopefully an answer to this saga!

Wow, HJ, i really am hoping that he will give you the go ahead to try again ASAP, best of luck!

Thanks Catrionalee!

hj1981: how did your appointment go? did you get some answers (or at least some helpful guidelines?)

BTW, please don't kill me, but the info I gave you about temps? Uhm...it was in fahrenheit scale. I don't know how to calculate temps in celsius.

I am completely, totally, and abjectly sorry.

I did get an answer - and i basically havent stopped crying since - i do have a progesterone problem BIG time! after monitoring my progesterone last cycle it was very very low - you can be classed as type 1 type 2 or type 3 (3 being the worst) im border line type 2-3!!! now i have to have blood test a few days before im suppose to O than i have to give my self injections of HCG every 2nd day after 0 and if i do fall preg i will need injections of Progesterone for the first few mths!!! im not liking this at all! i will never be a mum!!! im petrified of needles so how do i inject myself of get someone to do it for me??? there is no light at the end of my tunnel anymore!

oh HJ! you poor thing, how horrible....
    you will get preg, especially with them monitoring you!!

as to the needles, mind over matter my dear, i am sure you can deal with a few prods knowing what it will lead to.....

i know it wont lead to that thats the problem - in my heart i know i will never be a mum - my DH is better off finding someone else!

Hj you cant give up, i refuse to give up!!!

Never say never bella, at least you know what the problem is and can work around it, you can make it work!

Hey Hj,

You're going to get through this, and you WILL be a mum in the not so distant future. I know this is a hard time for you, and it may be difficult seeing the positives in all of this, but there are positives...

- one positive is that they've found an answer to your miscarriages, which means that they can treat the prog deficiency and lessen the likelihood of you having another miscarriage. That's a HUGE step forward Hj, as you no longer have to wonder 'why'? I'm not saying that you should be thankful for the Doctors having found an actual problem, as I wouldn't wish that on anyone...but for many women they will never know what the reason is for their miscarriages. You would not be the first woman that your OB/GYN has seen with the same problem, and I'm sure if you were to ask your OB/GYN of the success rate of the treatment you need to go on, you would find out that there are many women who have successfully carried a baby to term with the same hormone deficiency you have (i.e. once they were on treatment).
    - you should pat yourself on the back for being empowered to do the initial research into prog deficiency yourself, and to continue to seek answers despite the obstacles that you have come up against.
    - you may just surprise yourself when it comes to doing the needles yourself. You may just find that once you know how to do it, where to put it, and break through the 'fear' factor, you'll be able to do it with your eyes closed!

I know all the injections and blood tests and Drs appointments you will need to go through seem at this stage like it's all too much, but don't forget what your heart's desire is in all of this...i.e. to be a mum. You wouldn't be the first woman to walk this walk, and you certainly won't be the last. I don't believe for one minute that you will never be a mum Hj, because I know your determination and your heart's desire, and that is what is going to get you through this. And I certainly don't believe that your DH would be better off with someone else...your DH is with you not because of your ability (or inability) to conceive a child without going on hormone injections...he is with you because of the person that you are and the person that he fell in love with. I talk about that quite a bit in my relationship with my DH to make sure that he knows, and I know, that no matter what we go through (ie child or no child), that we are committed to each other until death - my DH & I have been together since we were 15 and our fertility potential was never the reason that we got together and are still together (and will remain together for that fact).

Hj, I don't know what else to say, but in one breath I'm sorry for you that you have been diagnosed with prog deficiency and you will need to go on fairly intensive treatments, but in the other breath I'm happy that you have your answers and you can move forward with a reassurance that you are able to do something about it. I really believe it will be 3rd time lucky for you. Just be brave.
    Last edited by kaib; January 22nd, 2008 at 04:03 PM.

Kaib - thank you very much - your words mean so much too me and have knocked a bit of sense into me! i know im not alone going throught this - but at times i feel like i am!
    and deep down i know what you said about DH being with me because he loves me and for no other reason! he confirmed that a bit when he sent me this text it read - "U MAY THINKG UR A DUD OR EVEN STUCK IN THE MUD. BUT REMEMBER DARLZ UR MY NUMBER ONE BUD. THE FUTURE SEEM GRIM, THE CHANCES SEEM SLIM BUT AFTER THE BATTLE, DARLS WE WILL WIN. THE STALK WILL VISIT, DONT U WORRY ABOUT THAT! LOVE U LOTS BUBBY JANE XOXOXOX"
    That made me feel a bit better - but your reply makes me feel even more better!
    why does it have to be soo hard tho! its not fair on any of us!!!
    i guess all thats left to say is bring on these injections and bring on a successful 3rd attempt!!!
    Thank you once again! :hugs: xoxoxox

HJ, your dh's message rocked! you know it sux, but you HAVE AN ANSWER, be grateful you can work through this baby!

sending you more baby dust that you will ever need xoxoxo cat

nothing is garunteed tho! (cant spell today - let alone think my brain is mush)
    keep some baby dust for u!

hj1981: I feel for you in your sadness and fear, I really do. Sometimes our goals just seem so hard and so far away, then other people seem to have it so easy and what can anybody say about it?

Just remember, that we're all pulling for you, we're all behind you and praying for your success. If you need to put your head in the sand for awhile just to assimilate everything, well, there's nothing wrong with that. And if you need to rant and cry, come here.

Sending lots of courage vibes and cyber hugs. PS, it sounds like you have a great hubby.

Hope you post again, soon.

Tempus - i do have a great hubby - but he deserves a better wife! one that can give him what he wants!!!
    im sure i will post again and be on hear having a rant and a cry - exspecially when my injections start! not looking forward to it! however have the nurses at work doing them for me! phew!!!
    thanks for your cyber hugs and couragement vibes! i will need them!!!

hj1981: I'm speaking very seriously when I tell you not to start entertaining the thought that you're not a good enough wife. That will just lead to more pain and depression for you and besides, it's NOT TRUE. You are more than a uterus! Would you love him any less if his sperm count was low? I doubt it. You're not just breeders to each other--you're husband and wife! I'm not discounting your pain and anguish, but you don't need (more) self-esteem issues on top of everything else you have to bear.

But it sounds like you're going ahead with the needles and stuff. Good luck! And you found somebody to give them to you. I don't know if I'd want to inject myself--I would if I had to, but I wouldn't like it. Good luck and cyberhug.

HJ, when do you start the shots, and how frequently do you have to have them?
    And you know, tempus is totally correct in what she says in the above post!!!!!

DH and i had a big argument which than turned into a deep and meaningful last night - i feel a bit better about things now and am trying not to put myself down anymore! i know i have a lot of love and support from family and friends and from everyone on BB!!! Its going to be a long tough road but like Tempus, Kaib, catrionalee and everyone else says i will get through it in the end!!!

Catrionalee - i start the shots after Ovulation and then i have them every 2nd day for 2wks! hopefully than i will be pregnant and than i go onto the progesterone injections not sure how often that is but it will be until i make the 12wks mark at least - maybe even longer depends what my levels are like!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast