Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009

I am soooo excited for you Mollycat!!!!!!!! Are you going to go to Dr McGrath?

Mollycat - CONGRATULATIONS!!! that has got to be the best birthday present. Soo happy for you. Wishing you happy and healthy 9 months and of course a very

MollyCat: YAY!! Happy birthday and happy day!!!! As everyone else said..have a happy 9 months xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mollycat - my dear friend - I have already congratulated you but just wanted you to see it again here on the thread. I cannot be happier for you, sweet. Yes, miracles can happen and dreams really do come true. You are a beacon of light and hope for the rest of the girls on this thread. Lots of love.

Mollycat - Wow, I am sitting here in tears as I am just so happy for you. You are truly an inspiration for never giving up until your dream became reality. Thankyou for being here and giving us all hope. Words cannot express just how happy I am for you and your family.

Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

BBL for more persies, just wanted to dedicate a whole post to Mollycat!

Ok, I'm back sooner than I thought. Too excited for Mollycat to stay away!

Sally - Not sure about a spray tan? I would say no but it might be something to ask your Dr just to be sure. I know what you mean about wanting the best birthday present. DH b'day is in 2 weeks and he said he only wants one thing for his b'day, no pressure......

Fifi - Woo hoo - Don't expect you to see this right at the moment but can't wait to see your birth announcement!

Chappas - Yay for hearing your little one's . You probably don't think so but that 16 weeks sure went fast!

Coco - Oh sweetie Unfortunately things are often said under the influence of alcohol that are hurtful and untrue and I am sure your DH regrets how he acted now. Especially if he is not used to drinking lots then it usually makes it 10 times worse. I hope everything seemed better in the morning and you have been able to talk about it and sort it out. I'd say he owes you lots of cuddles though! And please don't ever sell yourself short because you don't have a uni degree, you are just as good as everyone else (probably better I'm sure). Stay strong sweetie, less than a week until we can test

Jen - Thanks for the anti RB vibes! Will reply to your PM tonight. How are you doing by the way? I'm going to keep hassling you until you add an AFM to your posts

boble - Hope you caught that eggie!

HannahD - How are you feeling?

Meh - You always belonged but I know it is exciting when you can PM!

Hi to Rhi, shortcake, cherished, WTH, plc, AJC, krystielove, erybery, megsmum, sunny, mrzbaby, toccara, mannie, MO3B & charm. Sorry if I have forgotten anyone!

AFM - OMG, I think we brought a new car today! Does anyone else here have a subaru liberty? DH won me over, he is right though I need to replace my car and we may as well do it now when I am still working full time and can pay it off before we have a baby and I go part time (then we would never be able to afford it). It is a family wagon as well plus we got a pretty good deal. If we tighten our belts we should have it paid off well before we have a baby (even if I get pg this cycle). I was a bit worried about $ if we have to try for IVF in August but we will still be able to afford it and we are trying to be positive that we will not need to go down that road.

I arrived home today to a parcel in the mail addressed to me. I couldn't remember ordering anything and when I opened it it was an AFL Demons membership. I know that may not mean much to many people but I am a huge Demons fan (even though we haven't had a win in a while) and it was so sweet for DH to do that to cheer me up as I have been so down lately. Just when I think I can't possibly love him anymore he goes and does something so sweet

Still getting ferns with maybe baby but trying not to get my hopes up as no other symptoms (except peeing all the time but that happens leading up to AF as well). Maybe I am getting ferns because I am putting too much saliva on it but then again I am putting the same amount as always. Here I am, torturing myself again.......What else is the TWW for?

mummy_of_3_boys Guest

Hello all the Beautiful Ladies who frequent this thread

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, haven't really been up to it but you are ALL always in my thoughts.

I had to post tonight to send my love to two of my beautiful girls!

Fi- I haven't heard anything for 9 hrs but if you hadn't had bubs an hour and 28 minutes ago they were going to induce you. I hope everything is going quickly for you now or that you have your beautiful little one in yours arms. I cannot wait to hear some news. Love you hunny.

Molly- Omg sweetheart! You've been a busy girl today. I am SOOO happy for you. Finding out you had finally got your BFP wasn't like when someone else becomes UTD because I don't feel that usual jealous and the why not me feelings... I am just soooo happy for you. You have waited way too long for this and deserve a happy and smooth sailing pregnancy. Love you hun and I can't wait to be there for you every step of the way. Thank you for bringing us hope that even after years and years it can still happen.

Mollycat - Sorry forgot to say , it kind of got lost in amongst to your other news - sorry! What a wonderful present

Mel - I drive a Subaru Impreza, DH drives a Subaru Tribeca and my Dad and stepmum drive a Subaru Liberty - need I say more? LOL I love my "hoon car" as DH calls it - and no I don't drive it fast these days And my Dad and stepmum think their Liberty is a great car - no problems whatsoever with it. As always hun, I have everything crossed for you this TWW and that the ferns lead to a BFP so you can save those $ and not have to do IVF.

Mollycat - Just had to again, hope you had a lovely birthday!

Mel - DH drives an Impreza and looooves it. I don't but it's not my car so I don't need to. I must say I do like the Liberty's though. Actually the month he bought his impreza we got a BFP so hopefully your subaru purchase will bring you the same luck ours did. You will need the space of a wagon - I have a Suzuki vitara and it's always chocka-block but still comfy.

Cool Been ages

Hi all,
    It's been so long and I'm out of the loop, my new job has been all consuming and I'm feeling like I need a holiday.
    Well the one month wait to start my next FET is almost at an end. Funny how much I've reflected and hope I'm in a better space now than a month ago. I so want things to be perfect but am coming to my sences slowly and know things never are.
    chin up

evening chickies, just a quick one to Mel.... The Demons hey!!! I have been to dozens of Melbourne games! Not for at least 14 years but before I left home my dad used to get tickets because he is a big fan too... I remember going to a grandfinal in the 80's sometime, it was against Hawthorn and the Demons got their ass kicked I used to have the Mel ruckle teddy, the scaff and flag etc... ahhhh the good ol' days... Anyway just thought I would share, your DH is so sweet for cheering you up like that xo

Hi Ladies,

sorry to interject, but i'm just going through a m/c now and have the d&c or natural miscarriage debate doing cartwheels in my head.
    In relation to ttc after miscarriage, what's the general consensus? is d&c more successful or letting nature take it's course.
    i'm desperate for some guidance as i have to make a decision tonight if i want a d&c tomorrow.

No time for persies! I just wanted to say CONGRATS MOLLYCAT!!! What a wonderful birthday present! Heres to a healthy & Happy 9 months!!!

Everyone else I cannot wait to see more BFP this month!

Jules hey there hun, gosh we're sorry to hear you're going through an awful time at the moment. We are all very supportive here and we all have good stories and opinions but ultimately it is up to you and what you prefer.

I had a natural m/c I was induced with the same tablets they give to full term women to expell the 'contents' as they put it and I was able to go again when I was ready.

I didnt take the d&c as I had a termination when i was only a teenager *bit of a screw up with my pill) and I was already feeling scared that the d&c from that was causing issues with TTC. They say that you cant try as soon with a d&c because of the lack of thickness of the lining of the uterus but that's something to discuss with your dr.

Are you ok? Given the circumstances? Do you mind my asking how far you were hon?
    I hope you're ok, please come in here as often as you like xxxxx Sorry Im not the greatest of help but that was just my experience.

Ha ha, thanks Cherished! I actually went to the Hawthorn and Melbourne game in Launceston during the NAB Cup earlier this year. We were 32 points up at 3 quarter time but ended up losing by 3 points - I was so guttered. But I did get to meet and shake hands with Russell Robertson (our very own home grown Tassie star) so I quickly forgot about the loss! Actually I have DH to thank for that too, he went and met him first and then I went down to meet him. It made my day

AJC & Megsmum - Thanks so much for the feedback. I am really happy with the liberty and thought it was so nice to drive. I didn't want a really big wagon so I think it is perfect. Our neighbours have one too and they rave about it. DH thinks if we get into all this debt we might fall pg No, we are very lucky and will be able to pay it off before then but it is still a big purchase! It is second hand but has very low kms and is still in excellent condition. I am getting excited about it and so hope it is our good luck charm like it was for you AJC (I can't believe Samuel is 3 months old already!)

Greenslw - Welcome back. Glad to hear you are in a better space and are feeling more positive. We are all here for you

MO3B - Sorry you have been feeling down, don't forget we are always here when you need to vent, rant, rave or just need some support

juleswa- I'm so sorry that your going through this. I had a D&C because I was farther along and the doctors told me that it would be very hard for me to pass everything naturally and if I tried to do it that way I might end up having a D&C anyway if I didn't pass everything. I think it is the same wait time to TTC after either way. Some docters say you can try right away and others say to wait anywhere from 1 cycle to 3 cycles. But usually it depends on how you feel emotionally as well as physically. HTH.

Jules - Sorry we must have posted at the same time. First of all, I am so sorry for the heartache you are going through, unfortunately we all know how you are feeling

You are so brave to have written a post at this time and I yoiu find the strength to get through the heartbreak we have all endured.

Ultimately it is a choice you need to make but hopefully hearing some of our stories helps you make a decision. I had a natural m/c at 6 weeks and had a scan and was told my baby was gone and my uterus was empty so there was no need for a D&C. 18 months later I had an operation done to check my tubes to see if they had maybe become blocked from mucus from the m/c. It turns out my right tube was blocked in a few places from the m/c which had been impacting our ttc. Had I had a D&C my tubes would have been flushed. There is no way to tell if your tubes are blocked from a scan. I have never had a D&C (apart from my operation which was slightly different) so I cannot speak from experience about the procedure(many of the other girls can) but if I knew what I know now I would have insisted on a D&C. I should also let you know I have mild endometritis which also hasn't helped our journey.

I didn't know that you usually got a choice between a natural m/c & a D&C, I thought generally the Dr tells you what it best. I am unsure of your situation and obviously do not want to ask many questions through this traumatic time you are going through so I would suggest you talk it through with your partner and Dr.

My thoughts are with you sweetie, I wish there was more that I could say. We are all here for you when you are ready.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast