Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009

Happy Tuesday everyone 2 more working days until the Easter weekend yay.
    Today was a better day yesturday my cousin arrived to visit with her brand new little Lilly I had acuddle I think it what I needed to day is a better day for me still emotional though on the weekend my husband called me a hyper senstive emotional mess gee he doesn't hold back with his words I tell you.Tomorrow it's my son's grandparents easter hat parade I can't wait althogh it's a little sad as I lost my mum a little over 2 years ago to cancer and he asked god bless his soul who will be my grandparent? My MIL will be there but I think he misses his nanna.I had better run kids will be home soon chat tomorrow have a great day everyone.

Hannah I love hearing you talk about you being TTC it makes me feel warm and fuzzy and gives me hope so please keep sharing

Quote Originally Posted by jen805 View Post
    coco[/COLOR]--If you got a +OPK on Mon. & Tue. and you BD'd the 3 days prior, then I'd say you've still got a good chance for this month! Remember, once you get the + it's too late anyhow, it's the days before that are really important! Don't give up just yet!
    Im confused now..how is it too late? I thought you got the positive then you ovulated? or is that showing that you have ovulated?

Hi ladies,

sorry for being MIA i have been making most of being able to sleep!!

Sunny09: i had a missed m/c at 12 weeks, then a d&c 2 weeks later as the natural approach didnt work. I didnt even wait for af....we started trying straight away before she showed up, and as you can see from my ticker, i'm almost ready to pop. I have been so lucky to have had no problems this time and am almost ready to meet this little one. only 11 days to go! so it can happen, but dont get me wrong, the first few months i was petrified, checking everytime i went to the toilet etc sorry for tmi! I have been so lucky and am so pleased that i have been blessed with this little bub!

Hannah: sorry not got on here sooner but congratulations hun! Am so pleased for you.

Well as you can see not long to go now. Am so excited, i just want this little one out so i can see its beautiful face and finally meet him/her!
    Am off shopping with MIL today fo curtains for the nursery, then its complete. Will try and post some pics if i can, if no they are on facebook if you want to add me (just give me a shout!)

Massive ;grouphug: for you all especially MO3B - love you hun, stay strong!!!

Hi sunny.
    Its one of those things - whatever is right for you! No doubt there will be few of us getting af back after a d & c all around the same time - just like girls who share a house!!
    Im 5 1/2 weeks after my d & c and still no af and I haven't been trying so thata sadly not why!!
    Im starting to think as mine was a termination maybe it would of taken my body a little longer to realise I wasn't pregnant anymore??
    It has to be here by saturday for my dream to be true so Im thinking it might not be whats going to happen, I dont want to pin all my hopes on something I cant control...
    She says.....

xxoo

cherished - So glad you're feeling balanced after the acupuncture. Yay for a +ve OPK. I hope you caught that egg

boble - Sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Hopefully it will all be over with the tribunal on Thursday so that you can focus on TTC. Maybe once that added stress is gone then things with DH will improve too. I hope it all works out for you hun .

Mel - Thanks. It is nice just having this secret with DH and you girls at the moment. I'm so hoping that this TWW ends in a BFP for you. I'm with jen though, please don't put too much pressure on yourself for DH's b'day.

Mannie - Thanks for the stickyvibes.

Eliza - Here's hoping you caught that egg. As I understand it, once you get a +ve OPK that means you'll O within the next 12-24 hours. Since sperm can survive for up to 5 days, if you BD a couple days ago you are still in with a chance.

mollycat - Welcome back to the TTC bandwagon. Here's some to get you started. Hoping you get to ruin that wedding lol.

meh - So sorry AF showed

Rhi - I'm hoping it was just too early to test.

Shortcake - Not long 'til your move now. Goodluck with charting. I hope it works for you this month.

jen - This is the first month I've charted. I know how much you like to chart stalk, but I wanted to chart at least one month before sharing it. Falling pg this cycle probably made your wait a bit longer . I hope all is well with you.

sunny - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you've already found comfort here. I had a missed m/c last July and had a D&C. I waited one cycle before trying again and I just got a BFP on Sunday. I think the main reason for waiting at least one cycle is to be sure the lining has built back up as well as to be able to date the pregnancy. Some drs recommend waiting 3 cycles to allow time for emotional recovery. If you feel ready, then go for it. I hope your TTC journey is a short one.

charm - Glad today is a better day. I too have found comfort in holding friends' little babies. I guess holding someone who's so newly arrived from heaven makes me feel a little closer to my angel. Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope your son has a good day with your MIL nonetheless.

fifi - Wow! 11 days to go! I'm so excited for you.

MO3B - I hope everything is okay with you .

sally - Try not to put too much pressure on yourself. I know its hard being stuck in limbo, but you are still well within the normal amount of time for AF to return after a D&C. It can take as long as 8 weeks. I am sending you lots of AF vibes

Charm, so sorry to hear you are having a hard time and you dh isn't being so supportive

Fificlair, Thanks for your post, You have given me so much hope for a wonderful christmas present... We are ttc before af shows up and am really excited, as you can see I got my first OPK+ today so it's looking hopeful at this stage. Congrats on your little bundle who will be here very soon!!! YAY

Coco I have got the instructions out for my opk test strips. It says that when the test line is darker or as dark as the control line it is positive and most woman will ovulate within 24-36 hours after the LH surge (which is detected by the test). It also says that your egg can be fertilised 6-24 hours after ovulation. Therefore you are most likely to get pregnant if you bd the day you see this serge and the day after the surge.

The cycle we got a bfp we got a OPK + on CD14 & CD15 than ovulated CD16, we only BD on CD14 & 15. This time we have been dtd like crazy LOL (not thinking I was fertile because of CM and OPK -'s) but lucky I gave dh a rest 2 days ago cause I'm sure I will need him to get busy tomorrow if we get another OPK + anyway I know that's heaps about me but I hope all the other stuff helps

Well off to eat my yummo sweet and sour vegies and rice and have a glass of wine xoxoxo
    Last edited by Cherished; April 7th, 2009 at 07:59 PM.

Hello everyone.

Gosh, two posts in one day! DH is still at work, so I can jump on again now that our small boy is in bed.

plc ~ thank you so much for the phone number. I'm going to call him tomorrow. My ob consults from the same suburb your acupuncturist does, so it's not too far from here. I really appreciate your help and support; it means a great deal. Silly, but it feels comforting knowing that whilst everyone is just a keyboard away, some of you are close by IRL too.

Sally ~ I've been really interested reading along with Boble and you about your acupuncture sessions. My GP also wants me to do yoga again. I'm sure that was one of the reasons we fell so easily with our small boy. Maybe a combination of "lifestyle" things will help this time? Also, I agree, I'd rather try the non-invasive strategies first.

Shortcake ~ we're living in a sea of boxes, too! I can empathise completely.

erybery ~ I'm so pleased you've had good news. Fingers crossed the news just keeps getting better and better.

Phew - it's been a huge kind of day, so that's enough for me today. Hope you're all well.

Take care everyone.

M

Meh - let me know how it goes!!!
    Im just praying her help kicks in asap and I af!

Hannah - yayayayayay!! I have absolutely everything crossed for you to have a very h&h pg - I'm a pretzel! Sending you oceans of zen-ness hun....

quick afm - found out last week that I have gest diabetes . Was hoping to control it with my now very strict and very low GI diet but alas my glucose levels have been misbehaving. Saw ob again today and have been put on tablets twice a day to help. If it doesn't then it's onto insulin. Now that I am receiving treatment for it I will be having bubs no later than 38 weeks, and require f/n scans. On the one hand happy that the time I get to meet her is a bit sooner, but still anxious for bub now that there is a "complication" in this pgcy. Have been reassured that all will be fine if we can manage these glucose levels so fingers crossed...

Love, hugs and for all...

xx

jenushka - I'm imagining you as a pretzel with a 29 week bump!

I was sorry to read about the diabetes. I'm sure all will be fine once your glucose levels are under control. Lets hope those tablets do the trick!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and stickyvibes and babydust to all. I am so exhausted at the moment and am about to go to bed so I won't do any persies, sorry

Will be away for work for the night tomorrow so will try to jump on Thursday night to catch up! Just been looking at buying a yoga for fertility dvd, not really my thing but I am willing to try anything as I am so stressed atm with work and TTC I don't think it would be helping our journey. Can anyone recommend one dvd over the other. Not keen on going to a class, would rather do it in my own living room.

So looking forward to 5 days off at Easter.......

Just have to say - Hannah - Woo hoo! Still so excited and happy for you

coco--Found this on ff for you.... "Do not rely exclusively on OPK results to time intercourse as you may not see an LH surge (positive OPK) even though you may be fertile. Your increased fertility begins before you see a positive OPK result since sperm can live in the reproductive tract for a few days in fertile cervical fluid."

Sorry if what I said confused you...looking back now, I must've been thinking of the temp drop--because once you have the temp drop, with 3 days of increased temps, and you get your coverline, then it's too late. So if you did, indeed, O on CD11, and your temp goes up again today and tomorrow, then because of the thermal shift, anything after CD11 would be too late. KWIM? I feel as though I'm not articulating myself very well, and don't want to confuse you any further. I'd say looking at your chart that you possibly O'ed on CD11--and with 3 days of BD'ing prior, I'd say you've still got a great shot! Especially for a girl! HTH! Sorry again for any confusion!

Wink

Mel- I've never tried yoga. You'll have to let me know how it is.

jenushka-Sorry to hear about the diabetes. Hopefully the tablets work so you don't have to get insulin.

meh-When are you moving?

Hannah- When is your first doctors appointment?

Sunny-Welcome! I'm sorry for you loss but you have came to the best place full of wonderful, supportive women. I hope your TTC journey is short. Feel free to vent, rant, or ask questions. We are all here to support you.

Jen-You forgot to write how you are doing again!

Good morning friends

jenushka I'm sure you wont have a prob with diabetes, many people manage well with no probs... Gather as much info as you can and I'm sure you will be fine

I'm totally excited and am expecting o tomorrow (hopefully) so I'll be totally excited if I have the temp dip tomorrow... I had a dream last night that my temp was 36.2 this morning and I was so excited that I woke up and tested my temp at 3:30 am hehehehe and it was 36.4. When I woke up at 6am it was 36.7 so it just goes to show that you really do need to test at the same time each day before you get out of bed! Anyway cm is bordering on ew this morning so can't wait until tomorrow!!!

Hope you all have a great day btw..... my weight loss ticker hasn't moved much! ttc is all consuming, when I was back in the game I havn't even been weighing myself

sunny--Unfortunately, once you experience a m/c, you have forever lost that innocence of a future carefree pg'cy. There's no way around it, and no way to avoid it--it just is what it is. When it happens for you, you just have to have faith that everything will be all right, and try to enjoy it while you can. Easier said than done, I know, I had 3 m/c's with a perfectly normal pg'cy after, to have another m/c. You just never know... Best of luck!

cherished--Yay for +OPK! It's almost as exciting as seeing those 2 other lines that we're always looking for! Maybe once you're UTD you could retire off of DH's rent-a-hubby business!

charm--I'm glad you found comfort in holding your cousin's little baby, Lilly! I'm sure it was a very bittersweet moment for you! *Sigh* MEN Mine thinks the same of me: that I'm a hyper-sensitive emotional mess--what the hell do they know--they're men! LMAO...

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your mum to cancer.... I also lost my dad to cancer almost 5 years ago.

fifi--Holy [email protected]! 11 days! So excited for you, my fellow gutter gal! Being a mum won't change your gutteral frame of mind will it? I hope not! Although you'll be happy to know that MO3B and I got R to cave! She's officially a gutter girl--she couldn't help herself, as V and I are just too persuasive!

MO3B--We did it! We did it! So, any luck with the hot dog craving? LMAO... Luv you lots!

OMG, have to go get DS from school! Will finish persies when I get home!

Well girls I have been away on a working holiday ( mind you there was no holiday that came with it )
    And Yes AF arrived on the day after we got there. I am now on cycle day 6 and started my clomid yesterday. So hears hoping....If no baby this cycle then DH and I have agreed to IVF..... Was reading the clomid increases the risk of eptopic so now I am truly worried .......already have higher chances with the TR of that happenning!!!. My temp chart is now stuffed I think as the airline lost our baggage we had a call last night and we hope it should be here by tomorrow.
    But we are now at least partly the way back on track with ttc.
    Be back later....
    Em

sally--Sending some more AF vibes.... try not to put too much pressure on yourself for this Saturday, hon. Would hate to see you let down after putting forth so much hope! I'm and keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hannah--Would so much prefer you being pg than me having another chart to stalk! I'm so super happy for you, my 'lil cyber sis!

Toccara--My other cyber sis, how was your appt. yesterday? Hope things are well with you, I think of you always!

meh--Best of luck with getting an appt! *hugs*

jenushka--So sorry to hear about your GD & misbehaving glucose levels! I hope the tabs help and you don't end up needing the insulin! So I'm really curious.... can you still pretzel at 29 weeks? lol...

Hey Smelly Mel-- Will miss you while you're away for work--be safe! I've never tried yoga myself, but really enjoyed pilates and also a workout video called Turbo Jam--you could probably google it, it's a killer workout, and really works! Enjoy your 5 days off for Easter! It's snuck up on me this year--I don't have anything yet for the kid's baskets!

Shortcake--

cherished--What are you doing on here? You should be

AFM--(finally, I know!)--AF finally gone!! I think DF is happier about it than I am! ROFL...

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast