Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 2007 #2

Sorry, just a quick selfish post from me today. Looks like lots of us have been on an emotional rollercoaster today.

Had my FS appt this afternoon - and was hoping that he would be very happy with the 6.5kgs I've lost and would let me start clomid again in April, but he told me that he wants me to aim to lose another 15kgs, then go in for an ovarian drilling surgical procedure and a lap, then we will use clomid after that. So in the meantime he suggested going on the pill to try and regulate my cycle and stop the erratic bleeding, which I said no to. So if my bleeding problems persist I have to go back in a few months and get some progesterone tablets to return things to normal.

It's taken me two months to lose 6kgs, so going by that it will take me another 5mths (6mths if i think about easter eggs) to lose 15kgs, THEN schedule the surgery, THEN start clomid again. So it doesn't even look like I will get pregnant again this year - atm I feel like getting off this rollercoaster ride of TTC for good. It isn't meant to be this hard, right? I just walked out of his office out to the reception area where there were a number of pregnant women waiting and burst into tears - how embarassing.

Hi all
    Just popping in b4 my dentist visit
    Sharon I had trouble letting go too after my first m/c (at 16wks) so DH and I planted a special garden for our angel and that really helped so go for it and it helps you too
    Everyone else i hope we are all feeling for +ve soon and can announce those bfp's here very soon
    dpo5 today at least a week b4 I can test aaaaggggghhhh

Hi there everyone,

Have lots of work to do today, so will just do personals, but I hope you are all well.

Bun- You are right about the firefighting keeping us busy. We both work for the government and firefighting is only part of my job over summer, so I still have to get all my other work done too, which just piles up when you are away (doesnít go away!). I do really enjoy it, and this year I have been a crew leader, so looking after a crew of about six people (mainly blokes), which has been a challenge. Hopefully though my days as a firefighter are numbered (at least going away- I will probably be able to do local stuff). I thought they were over before I had the m/c !! Will have to just do the management stuff in the office once I am a Mum (and not just a step Mum). Now the days are getting cooler we will be able to snuggle up and BD !

Jenjams- Thanks for the welcome. I hope it is a short stay too- for all of us! Choosing tiles sounds fun. I know dust- we live in a mud brick house and it is sooo dry here all we have is dirt in our paddocks and backyard, so our house is full of it. Dusting is never ending !

BekZ- I will see I suppose whether the ďsnotĒ was a pg thing, or maybe an ovulation thing. I never see a great deal of discharge (even when I was pg)- I must be abnormal !! So yeh, it was a bit unusual to see. I do really enjoy firefighting (never really think about the dangers, except when trees that are burnt out at the base fall down around you), so thanks for admiring me!!

Leyla- We are strong!!! and getting stronger. Firefighting is full on, but also rewarding and I love the teamwork and being out in the bush, in remote areas that noone else might have seen! We do have horses, 3 Clydesdales, a riding horse (that I never find time to ride) and a pony that I bought for my step daughters. Tried to brain wash them into loving horses, but they would rather do girly things inside. My husband said we should sell him, but he only young and really really quiet, so I said no, I am saving him for my kids (quite ponies are hard to find!). One of the Clydesdales is pregnant and is due at the end of November, which was a month after I was due (I was due on the 24/10) before I had my m/c, so that would have been interesting. If I get pg soon, I will be heavily pregnant when she foals, so I donít know if that is any better either !

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick drop in, I really should be working

Sharon - Wow what a message for you. Have you got any ideas of what to do? This is nothing to do with a baby but after breaking off my enagement (9 years ago) I went through a 2 year period of mild depression and I could not work out why not one man had asked me on a date. I then caught up with my x just to see if I had made a mistake and of course with in 5 mins of meeting him I knew I had done the right thing by breaking it up. After the meeting I went home set up some candles, wrote a in a note book a verse about releasing him and asking for my soul mate to come to me. Well 2 weeks later my future husband came into my life and the rest is history. I think I just had to release the energy of that relationship inorder to attract or more on to the next step.

Missbelinda - hugs to you, it is not fair that our journeys are made this tough.

Satya - Welcome and sorry for your loss. You can expect good old AF anywhere from 2wks to 6wks (or like some ladies here 10wks). I got AF after my first m/c 2 wks later, but I did not have a dand c and I was only 5wks. I am still waiting for a real AF after D and C which was 5 wks ago. Good luck

Sarah - good luck hon.

Loubell - The wonders of our bodies hey!!!

Hi guys...... Sorry in a hurry.......

Sorry to here about your loss Satya, on the return of your period it varies from person to person it took me 10 weeks but others are 4-6 weeks normally but nothing is normal with me unfortunately...

Miss Belinda HUGE HUGE HUGS im sooooo sorry that he said that could you see another Fs??? I wish you all the best matey....

SP i had the same thing would spot think she is coming then it would turn brown and stop i really really really hope that doesnt happen to you matey....

Well did have a temp rise but it didnt drop to much either it went from 36.0 to 35.9 so fingers crossed wait and see i guess........

SP I think you are having the same thing as me with AF, didn't you say that you normally have light AF anyway? I like the idea of a flowering cherry which blooms in spring, just so that I can remember my baby, but I have also been thinking about buying a helium balloon and going and sitting somewhere nice and peaceful, then saying a little prayer and then my goodbye (just to let go) and at the moment when I say I goodbye I will let go of the balloon, if that makes sense.
    bekz read post above to SP about what I plan to do for my ceremony.
    sarah066 I like the idea of planting a special plant, especially one that blooms in the spring.
    missbelinda77 I can imagine it would have been a very disheartening FS appointment, especially when you have done fabulously losing 6.5 kg already.
    satya sorry to hear about your loss, I had a miscarriage in 1998 and couldn't remember when things got back to normal after that one either, but, I wasn't charting then, and had to put TTC on hold until I got my other medical conditions fixed first.

mouse - yay on the all-clear to TTC again! Wishing you luck!

Sarah - hope the dentist visit wasn't too painful! I also had some fillings done recently that are still hurting and it has been 3 weeks! I hate dentists!

Sharon - sorry to hear that you are still having a hard time I agree with what some of the others have said - you don't need to let go or forget, I think letting a balloon go is a good idea. And I thought you told me you had put away the pg book! Naughty naughty .

satya - welcome and sorry to hear of your loss. My AF took 6.5wks to come after my first m/c and 5.5wks after my second. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long!

Belinda - so sorry to hear about your appointment. I can understand your frustration, and what a fantastic effort with the weight loss! I agree - it isn't meant to be this hard and is something most people just take for granted, so why do we have to go through this? Are you happy with your FS or thinking of going somewhere else?

SP - the tracking cycle is to monitor my hormones throughout my cycle, and then they do a scan as close to O as poss to check that all the hormone levels are where they should be throughout my cycle, and can show any possible deficiency which could be treated with clomid or other drugs to hopefully reduce the chances of another m/c. I think you are having AF, but I think it can be light after a d & c. Maybe it will get a bit heavier in the next couple of days. So sorry that you have been feeling pessimistic - it is hard to shake those feelings some days. Just try to remember that you will hold your precious baby one day and will appreciate the miracle so very much after going through this.

Hi to everyone else.

Well, I phoned my clinic and spoke to the nurse there and she said I have to do a tracking cycle to see what is happening, as there are different things they can do depending on where may in my cycle they may find a hormonal deficiency. So, my first BT is tomorrow. This is just soooo frustrating. They have found nothing at all wrong with me and have done about a million tests, the only unusual thing is my long, irreg cycles, late O and possible short LP, yet they still won't do anything about it! This has been going on for so long now - I know a lot of people have to wait an awful lot longer for their precious baby, but I am so over it. I went off the pill in Dec 05, took months to get a regular cycle back, starting casually TTC in June last year, then properly trying since Aug last year, it is now almost April and I am no closer to that baby we want so much. I just feel like no one is doing anything and it will never ever work out. I have been crying all night and my eyes are so puffy. DH even said last night that he thinks we should stop trying for a while, and that just made it even worse like everyone is against me. I can't not try - not now.

Thanks to all who replied about their own experiences with the AF after miscarriage, that gives me a bit of an idea of when and what to expect.

Bun - I know how frustrating it is to be TTC and having all the tests but not getting any answers. I went through this over ten years ago and in the end my ex and I were advised we had "unexplained infertility". I had one very short lived pregnancy with him in 8.5 years (after 3 years of TTC). It was incredibly frustrating.

I now have a new partner & it only took 9 months to conceive with him and I was not focussing on TTC at all. And, in case you didn't notice on my signature I'm 40! It was more like I'll go off the pill & see what happens (I know sounds stupid being on the pill with my history but I didn't want to risk getting pregnant with previous boyfriends). I was really shocked to find myself pregnant. Sadly it ended as quickly as it began but it showed that it was not necessary for me to monitor ovulation to get pregnant.

My reason for mentioning this is that your man has mentioned that maybe you shouldn't try for a while. Perhaps you could just not focus so much on it, particularly around him. After TTC for a long time and all the monitoring etc, my ex started to feel like a sperm donor and went right off sex which didn't help TTC nor our relationship. This happened several times over our marriage (it didn't cause the breakup). I think we sometimes forget the effect that the whole thing can have on our men and we need to listen to how they feel about it. Try to get back to just having sex when you feel like it for a while, do your charting if you need that for the doc, but just try to relax a bit about it.... I know that's damn hard.

I'd recommend you do try Vitex. I had only just started taking it (when I remembered to so not every day) for about 6 weeks to two months before I got my BFP. I was taking it for PMS but perhaps it helped me in other ways. I had no idea it could aid in fertility. I will take it daily from now on.

Another thing that I don't see others in these forums discussing is trans fat. New research is showing that just one serving of food with transfat in it per day is enough to stop some women from conceiving. It's also not good for the development of a baby either so should be avoided during pregnancy. I have done my best to eliminate it out of my diet for the past two months and that could also have contributed to my BFP.

Yay, hump day is over!!! Only 2 days till the weekend!

Loubell Ė Your horses sound so cute! Donít get rid of them!

Salt Ė Yay for holidays! Hope you are going to do something fun and relaxing.

Bun - I hope that the clinic gets into gear and helps you ASAP. Nothing worse than waiting around when you know there are things that can be done to help you. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sharon Ė a ceremony sounds like a beautiful idea. Sometimes we need a little formality to help us say goodbye and allow us to move on.

Hi to everyone else. Itís been quite busy in hereÖ Iím having trouble keeping up!

Well, Iím now on 8DPO and going slowly batty! Iíve started getting some cramping and hoping that itís a good sign, but I know myself well enough to know that my imagination can make my body do amazing things!
    Oh well, I guess Iíll just have to be patient!

Love

Leyla
    xxxx

Bun I did put the book away, but got it out again, dh has now put it somewhere safe so I can't look at it again till we are pg again. Special big :hugs: to you to, it sucks that the FS are making you do a tracking cycle, i'm sure your DH only made the suggestion about not trying for a while because he feels so helpless when you are so upset about not being pg, good luck with your tracking cycle, hope they find something they can fix easily.
    saltprincess I have this feeling that I am going to O early this cycle, like you I normally O between cd 19-21. Are you going anywhere nice for a holiday? How long you off for?
    satya I used vitex everyday the cycle I got pg, do you use the liquid or tablets? won't take it again for a few months, just want to see if it was a fluke.
    Leyla we can be cycle buddies, I am on CD 9 so only 1 day ahead of you. I really think I need to a ceremony, just for me, I may ask my friend to come along and sit in the distance so I can have a cry when it is all finished.

As for me, I have this feeling that I am going to O very soon, I don't normally O till around CD 21 but at the moment I have bucket loads of EWCM, well maybe not bucket loads but a heck of a lot for me, as I do get some, but not very much, the only catch is, I now have thrush (again) after the damn antibiotics that I took last week, finally finished them on Sunday and they where pretty strong ones too, so there will be no BDing until that is cleared up, I have some cream I am using now, but will be going to chemist in morning to get once only tablet. I will now that EWCM hangs around until the weekend, and hopefully I won't O until day 14.

Sharon - I love the sound of your ceromony. OUCCCHHHH regarding the itch/burn lady. I ususally get one good bout of her once a year or after anitbiotics (sorry TMI). Hope you feel better soon.

Leyla - I am missing some thing...What is hump day?

Well I am still waiting for AF, all the cramps and sore boob thing is happening. Had a temp rise today, so if I go by my previous cycles I should get a temp dip in the next couple of days and then AF should be here.

LOL Bekz hump day is Wednesday middle of the week get over hump day and you are neally at the weekend...

Well ARGH im going to be really selfish today........ BOO HOO for me Temp dropped again only .1 but i have NO coverline...... Im soooo over this i cant believe it is sooooo hard for me its not fair why is it always easier for everyone else except me what have i done wrong for my dream not to come true.......................... I really need this holiday but im worried it will be ruined cos im so upset about my body and not having Oed...................All i want to do is YELL and SCREAM...................... sorry guys...

Janeo - I totally understand your frustration, sometimes it is all just too much! Do you see an OB or anyone who you could talk to? It is most likely just funny cycles after the m/c, but it is just soooo frustrating.

Bekz - you never know, sometimes pg symptoms and AF symptoms are the same.

Sharon - glad to hear the pg book is away again until next time when you can read it and smile rather than cry! I know that DH just hates that there is nothing he can do and he hates seeing me go through all this, but not trying is just not going to solve the problem, just put everything on hold. At least if I am doing something about it, I feel like I am moving somewhere, even if it is hard. Boo hoo on the thrush, hope it clears up in time for O!

Leyla - the cramping sounds like a good sign!

Sp - are you going anywhere on your holidays? I am going to Rotto tomorrow for a couple of days and can't wait. Not going with DH as he is working, but still, it will be so nice to have a break. You're right, another cycle does feel like an eternity and I am so sick of it. I am going to phone my FS this afternoon and try to speak to him directly about this and see if he has any suggestions. I know what you mean about maybe having a successful cycle as I will know exactly when I O going through this, apparently they tell you when to BD. But now I am just too afraid to try, every single time we try we fall pg and then lose it. I am convinced that I need something to keep me from m/cing even though so far they have found nothing wrong. I feel like there is no point in trying on our own as I will just be disappointed again. I just don't know what to do.

Satya - thanks for the advice. I can def see how easy it would be for DH to start feeling like a sperm donor. We still DTD at other times as well, and so far have only tried 3 cycles, once last Aug, once in Dec and then this last cycle. Every other month we have taken a break before trying again. I don't temp as I can tell when I O pretty much now anyway. So it doesn't really rule our sex life, but more our lives in general - I am not the happy person I used to be after going through so much in the last few months, and DH is not v happy either. We see our friends with kids, get invited to kids b'day parties, see our nephew and the whole family fawning over him, and it is just a constant reminder of what has happened to us and what we have lost. Stopping trying will not ease that, only make it worse, as I won't feel like we are getting anywhere or moving on from this. I think DH only suggested stopping trying because he hates seeing me sad, but stopping trying will not make me happy - the opposite in fact! Oh, life really can suck sometimes. I hope that you manage to get another BFP quickly. Where do you get vitex from?

Hugs Janeo.

Bun - You get Vitex from a health food shop. You can get it in tab or liquid form. If you don't like funny tastes then I would get the tabs. I like the Natures Own brand, you take 2 in the morning and that is it for the day. The blackmores brand you have to take one with each meal, which is a pain.

I really don't think I would be pg this cycle, we DTD 4 days before O and that is too long.

BTW - My dear friend up north told me that she is 10wks pg. They had been ttc for 18 months. At Christmas they decided to concerntrate on their house instead of TTC, and then try IVF in May. Luckily they fell in January!!!!! Janoe - My friend will be 8 months pg for her best friends wedding, in which she is the matron of honor!!!!
    Last edited by BekZ; March 29th, 2007 at 01:00 PM.

Hi girls,

I just spoke with my specialist and am not feeling any better. He said now it is probably worthwhile doing all the tests (before he said no point, as it is probably just bad luck). Anyway, since I have had most done anyway, there are not too many more to do, but most are tests I really didn't want to go through. Since I have already started the cycle tracking, that is all we will do this month. He said we can keep trying this month if we want, but I see little point, as they just don't seem to make it. He thinks we still have a 75% chance of having a healthy baby, but I just can't see it happening. He suspects it is likely to be a hormonal thing which will become apparent after this cycle and can hopefully be treated. If that's not it, or doesn't stop it from happening, then I will have to have an endometrial biopsy and hysto-something (sounded awful), and that is all they can do.

I am now officially living my worst nightmare. I can't stop crying (at work) and can see no future anymore.

To make things worse, I think a good friend of mine is pg with her third. She has had trouble conceiving and has been trying for a while, and has been the best support through all this, but now I don't know what to do. We see them all the time - she is the only person IRL I talk to about this stuff and I don't know what to do now - how do I see her all the time when she is pg? She hasn't even told me yet, but I know. She probably doesn't know how to tell me. I don't feel like I have any support now, as she won't know what to say around me and every time I see her it will just remind me of what I have lost.

Why am I going through this? How is it ever going to work out for us? It just gets worse and worse.

SP - I hear you on thinking that your body kills babies, I am convinced mine does. You know that is not true - one m/c is very common and will probably not happen again. I am also absolutely terrified to be pg again, but it is all that I want. I just don't know how to move on from this - there isn't even any point in continuing to try anymore. I hope you have a good holiday.

Sorry for being such a downer and a selfish post, I am just not feeling v good at all atm. I am going away tomorrow so won't be online again til next week. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

PS - I don't even know if I belong here anymore.

HUGE HUGS BUN!!!! There is a future matey one of my mums from work has hormonal problems and needs to take tablets to help settle the hormones or to have enough cant remember and is well over half way in her second pg having previously lost 3-4 babies including twins.......

Thanks girls i think when we get back from our holiday and im not pg or havnt Oed or no period ill be definately going think i will go even if af arrives to find out WHY i didnt O......

Im off on my holidays in the morning for a week and half going to miss you guys and the support but hopefully when i get back ill be really relaxed and alot happier..... BUt i wont be ttc next cycle because of my bf's wedding is at end of Jan and dont want to be due around her wedding so going to have a break for a cycle maybe 2......... But ill still be around from time to time......

Oh Bun! Massive hugs to you! I'm so sorry that things are so hard atm. I really hope that things start to turn around for you soon.

Janeo - hope you have a relaxing holiday! Wow seems like its holiday time for heaps of people in this forum! I really really hope that you O and get a BFP soon. Try not to let the stress of it ruin your relaxation time (easier said than done).

Bekz - LOL, yes as Janeo said Hump day is the middle of the week. I have to say that being in the TTW every day is absolutely crawling atm. And to make things worse its really quiet at work too, which means that I go doubly insane! Any I can't even spend all my time posting here as my B**ch manager is a control freak and watches my screen every second. Besides nobody knows I am TTC so I can't really start cruising the TTC and baby sites now can I?

Salt - I'm so hoping that the cramps are a good sign too. I had a really strange pulling sensation in my womb area today that lasted for about an hour. I sooooo want it to be signs that I am pregnant, but I honestly thing my imagination is running wild! According to FF I should be waiting until 18DPO to test (which is next Sat or Sun off the top of my head), but I am so ready to cave and test, and I know it's far too early! I can be strong, I can be strong, I can be strong, I will not test, I will not test!!!!

Anyhow, going slightly insane incase you did not notice! It's so cruel, every month I get all optomstic and then it all ends in disapointment.

Hope that everyone else is going well. Only 1 more day till the weekend!!!

love

Leyla
    xxx

Wow sounds like everyone is going on holidays. I hope everyone gets heaps of r and r and this results in BFP's for all.

Bun - HUGS to you. You do belong in here. There is a very inspirational thread in the long term TTC section about success stories, maybe refer to them when all seems hopeless.

Leyla - Fingers crossed for your bfp. Are you charting?

SP - Viex is herb other wise know as angus cactus. It works on the pituary glad to help regulate your hormones. It acts as a smoother. In other words if your are oestroden dominant (like me) and lacking progesterone it helps to work on those organs that need assistance.

Not much happening with me. DH is away all weekend so it is just me and DD.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast