Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: TTC after Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth after the 1st trimester ~ Jan 07

Don't worry Mel, I am a copycat too. I got the idea from Trish (thanks Trish). I think it is nice that we can all share the things that we do in memory of our angels.

Thanks Lynn, I was thinking everyone is gonna say geez can't that girl come up with anything on her own, lol. Now I just hope noone get upset that I have put it there. Good luck for that reply

Wow it's been a busy day so here goes.

Mel babe, I am so sorry that you are feeling down. When you are ready to share Nicholas' website I would be honoured to visit it. When you initially sent me the photos of Nicholas there were so many simularities between the pictures you had of your son and the ones I had of Harrison. The way the looked like perfect little sleeping angels, the heartbreak on our faces. I can imagine how much you are dreading the 26th. To be totally honest, there were times during my pregnancy when I just felt so overwhelmed. I felt like a bad person for not being the glowing first time mother. Just after my amniocentesis I remember saying, if I am going to lose him I want it to happen now not at full term. I felt so guitly about that and still do but I realise that I was an emotional wreck and wasn't thinking straight. What I am getting at is please do not feel bad about the initial shock of finding out you were pregnant. I know that you loved Nicholas with every little bit of your heart and nothing will ever change that. Also, don't give up on a BFP this month just yet. It ain't over until the witch sings. I know how certain days can be really tough. I feel that way about Fridays as that was the day Harry was born but also I get really upset on Thursdays because that was the day we found out we had lost him. I still have flashbacks, especially when I am trying to fall asleep and certain memories seem to haunt my dreams. Just know that I am here for you no matter what and I just want to pop over and give you a huge :hugs: Oh and you were right, I did have an appointment on the 31st but I have decided not to go to that ob as he is over a hour away and so I am going to the GP instead. This GP is a new one who was recommended by my new ob so hopefully I don't come out traumatised like last time.

Lynn: Cooper's garden is wonderful. I placed a message in your guestbook. Your website is really sweet and seeing Coopers precious little hand and footprints was so touching, I couldn't help but shed a tear for your angel. I will be thinking of you and your DH on Sunday and I will take some time on that day to say hello to your little boy. I am sure Harry is up there looking out for him.

Kerry: Bridgid sounds like such a special little girl. How sweet that she touched Coopers foot and said bubba. I love the innocence of children. You must be a very proud mummy. I agree with you, most women at one stage or another freak out about being pregant, I did.

I know some of you are having a tough time at the moment so all I will say about me is that everything is going ok. No major symptoms yet so I am a little worried but there is nothing I can do.

Oh and Lynn, you mentioned the idea of a local catch up. I think this is a fantastic idea. Perhaps we could nominate a person each month in each state/area who plans the time place etc, and then those who can make it email her and confirm. I think it is easier that way than everyone sending emails back and forth trying to figure out a free time. I remember you saying you lived about 10 mins away, I am in Blacktown so I am happy to orgainise a Feb catch up. Does that sound like a good Idea? For anyone in Sydney just let me know where you live and I will try to pick somewhere central. If anyone in the Sydney area wants to join in please let me know. Probably best also if we try to aviod particularly difficult days like an anniversary. How about we meet at a local coffee shop which is quiet so that we can have a bit of privacy. We can get to know eachother over a nice cuppa and a big fat slice of cake. Let me know what you think. For the other states, do you guys think it is a nice idea. Hey we could even have a annual girls weekend full of friendship, tears and open hearts but I think I am getting a little ahead of myself.

Anyway I'll try and pop in later to say hi.

My love to every one of you.

:hugs:
    Spring

clare076 Guest

Lynn, I had a look at Coopers garden, you did a wonderful job. We were going to make one for Max, but with the size of our property a garden would probably get lost. I am thinking about planting a special fruit tree and putting a plaque on it.

Thanks for the tips on the acupuncture bands, will definately give them a try. Please dont anyone think I am complaining about having it, I just need to take the edge off it so I dont spend my night with my head down the loo!

Mel, I am glad you have done a website for Nicholas, I would feel honoured to visit once you have posted the link. By the way your symptoms sound very promising! Fingers crossed for that BFP this month.

Everyone else, hope you are all well.

Spring - I think that it's an excellent idea to do meet-ups. There are some things you can only say to those who really understand huh? For the Sydney girl's just to let you know, there is a support group for parents of stillborn babies that is run by Sids and Kids and their next meeting is the 21st of Feb. I'n not even really sure what it actually entails. It's at Rozelle Hospital. I'm still finding it hard to talk about my loss, so I am not sure how I will go, but it can't hurt can it? Either way it really does help to know that you aren't alone doesn't it? If anyone wants any more details about it let me know.

Hey Spring, just cause some of us aren't feeling all that flash don't feel like you have to keep anything to yourself, we are all over the moon about your little bean and want to hear all about it. Fair enough on the OB, besides it doesn't matter when you see them really as long as they make you feel comfy when you do. I noticed the similarities between our boys too, but then it has been pretty freakish how many similarities there are about a lot of things really. I think it is a nice idea to catch up with others, I don't think many here are from Melbourne though so I will have to stick to BB, but I hope you Sydney gals can organise something... hey if we win the lottery I will fly up and meet you all, lol... dream on Mel - I could really see myself sailing in a private yacht!

Unfortunately Clare I don't have any symptoms :frown: I just feel like I am getting AF, its kind of gone tonight and I feel ok in my tummy so maybe it was just a tummy thing. I am still not holding out much hope though, it hasn't happened the last few months so no reason why this month will be any different huh!

Mel

P.S. I had already put a link in my signature to Nicholas' web page.

Oh and, Bailey & Jo - I am glad you now feel comfortable enough to add your bubba's to your sigs. I hope it gives you some comfort in doing that

Spring - I think that it is an excellent idea for us to all catch up. I will email you so we can start to organise something. Mel, I wish you could come......start sailing (lol) And I agree with Mel, you can talk about your little bean as much as you want.

Clare - You are lucky to have a big property. I think a fruit tree would be lovely. DH would love 5 acres...............he's dreaming if he think we can get one in Sydney!!! Hope the bands work for you and don't worry about the complaining about m/s, I know what it is like.

Bailey - I would love more details on the support group at Rozelle Hospital. Could you please let me know. I think it is great that you have your angel in your signature. I know you are finding it hard to talk about your loss but we are all here to listen when you are ready. I find that talking about it helps me, but we are all different. Whatever is best for you.

clare076 Guest

Mel i don't think the link has worked, all i can see is a red cross. Am i looking in the wrong spot. Also, sorry I thought I read that you had cramping type AF pains, and some other unusual symptoms for this time of your cycle. I still have my fingers crossed for you hun

Hi Lynn - The number is 1800 651 186, you need to call them up and book in. As I said, I'm not really sure what it is all about but it certainly won't hurt to find out. I haven't called them yet, I just got the details today, but I am going to do it in the morning. I found out about it through a friend who lost her little man at chrissy time:frown: So we thought we'd go together.

Mel & Lynn - Yep, I put her in my sig....it was, strangely, quite hard to do. I went in to do it so many times and then I just went back and deleted it. I don't know why, I guess putting it down there in writing makes it so real..I don't know. Thanks for all being so understanding. Oh, and I know a few of you have asked her name, and I have sort of ignored the question, it's hard to even say it to myself sometimes, it just makes me so sad. Her name is Asha, it was a name we had picked out as soon as we knew we were having a little girl.

Clare - Don't apologise you are right, I did say I was having AF symptoms, but not the type of AF symptoms you get when pg cause I don't think you would get cramping would you? And I would think even if I was it would be too early to get any symptoms cause I am only on day 17 of cycle (although ticker says 18 - damn thing!) which means I was only due to ovulate on Sunday, it wouldn't even have implanted yet I don't think. Anyway, I dunno all this stuff does my head in, lol. Oh and with the link, when I click on it its working but I maybe that is just cause it is my link? I will try to fix it if it continues, sorry. If anyone else has trouble let me know.

Bailey - Asha is a beautiful name and I know it is hard for you but I am so pleased you feel you can share her with us all

Bailey - Asha is a beautiful name. Thank you for sharing it with us. Thank you for the phone number - I might give them a call and find out more about it.

Hey Spring your email address didn't work. Is there an au on the end?

I hadn't done the link correctly but I think I fixed it so you should all be able to view now. Sorry bout that

clare076 Guest

Oh Mel, you have done a lovely job with the website for Nicholas. What a beautiful family you have, especially love the wall with all your pictures.
    Thankyou for sharing with us.

Oh and as far as cramping (like AF is coming but way too early)... yep thats how it started with me for both Shelby and Max's pregnancy and around 3 DPO. The cramps with this bub didn't start until 7 DPO and that felt like I had ben kicked in the stomach.

I just got my ultrasound referral form in the mail for the NT scan. :eek: So wasn't expecting to receive that already. Its booked for in 6 weeks time, I am trying to not even think about it at the moment as I know I will start to panic.

Hope you all have a good day.

Thanks Clare - it helped me alot having done that yesterday. Admittedly, I was crying while doing it but I felt some satisfaction afterwards in having done something for my boy.

I do remember having some AF symptoms last pg but didn't have cramping and didn't realise this was possible, I always thought cramping was a bad thing. Oh well, keep then.

I can imagine you are nervous about your scan, I am sure your little bubba will be fine though. And while that m/s is hanging around you can be pretty sure everything is good

Mel - Nicholas is beautiful and you have done such a great job on his site Also, I had some AF like cramping with both of my pregnancies which made me think I was about to get AF when I was actually pregnant. So for you!

Lynn - I called that number today to book in for the support group, it was a little bit of a runaround, I had to wait for someone to call me back. Now they are getting a counseller to call me back next week to talk and then they will give me all the details. Not sure why that is??

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast