Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born June 2006 #48

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY

Mel hope Marley is ok May did this about 3 times the mouth seems to bleed so much more than anywhere else but I guess it just because its mixed with siliver. I hope her lip has gone down now.

Well I would like to say that we have had much rain ( which was the case until yesterday) but it was very wet back yard looked like a swimming pool and of course when we had to go to May prep open hour it was the wettest it had been all day.

Well like I said we went to mays open hour so that she can get used to school I guess but she has one of her good friends in the same class we know them from school pick up, so they just played mum's and were making dinner together, but we had to go early because May poo her undies arrrrrrrrg she has never had this problem before but in the last few days sence we have been home she is doing it every day sometimes more.. I dont know what to do or how to stop it I have asked her why she is she told me because she likes too. But she is one of those kids who will just say anything if I asked her if she did it because she doesnt like peas she would tell me yes so its hard to know why I have told her that if she does it again she wont go to school but I know thats not fair. She seems very excided about going to school but maybe she is really scared I hope she stops soon.. The worst part is that the class they have put her into has no toilets in class so she will have to go to the big kid ones I just hope she tells the teacher in time..

I was also told the worse news yesterday one of the ladys that I sit with at school pick-up who has her 1st child in Zays year and has a DD 2 weeks older than Kai lost her DH 2 days before christmas he drowned in there back yard pool. The poor thing had been talking about maybe going again even though she almost died in child birth, but she was just so happy he was her other half, just has really made me take a step back I really dont know if I could go on, It would be so hard to have to keep doing everyday things. But I guess saddly life does go on..

Anyway must go hope you all have a great Australia day...

i think i mentioned it not long ago but i put my tooth through my lip when i was 5 and end up with 5 stitches ouch! Poor Marley i hope the swelling goes down and it heels quickly.

Jules- how horrible about your friends DH. i too dont know how i would go on i cannot even begin to imagine what she is going through right now.

have fun camping if you went amanda!

Rory- not sure if you remember (maybe cause u were having a baby lol!) i had terrible bf problems with Tyron from day one. i persisted for 4 weeks finally got him on only to refuse me again 2 weeks later. so from birth i have been mostly expressing, then from 2 months i cut it down to twice a day because it was too hard to express after every feed. So i kew my supply would start to drop down. and Tyron had almost all EBM until 3 months and the last week- two he has had almost all FF. it takes me 1 1/2 days just to supply one ebm bottle now, i dont think its really worth it now. while i was still able to supply him for majority feeds it was good but would 1 ebm per day even have much benefit? i think my weight loss is also a factor of my supply dropping off.
    Anyway Tyron weighs now what Nixon did at about 6months, its so different having a big baby, already he is getting heavy to hold for long periods!
    oh and he has also learnt to scream, my god he is loud! im sure he copy's his brother but the last few days he's been getting a bit on the irritating side with it!

Theres been some controversy in the Oct bubs which some members have chosen to leave, it brought back memories of when we had some confrontations ages back in here, and look how many are still in here regulary!

Happy Australia day to all!!

HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY TO YOU ALL!

Thanks girls. Marley's lip is getting much better, its amazing how quickly the mouth area heals. She still has the two white lumps inside but at least they don't look so obvious.

Jess - oh poor Tim. Grade 2 probably is a big step. Hope he gets a bit more excited as the time gets closer.

Amanda - hope you enjoy your camping trip (if you go), haven't been to Bribie Island since I was 13. I bet its changed a bit since then. I have been lazy and haven't covered any of Chelsea's books. She hasn't got many, a couple of writing books and some scrapbooks.

Tali -thats so said about her DH. What an awful thing to have happen and just before xmas. It makes you think about what you would do in that situation. I have moments when I think about, due to DH's occupation and it is very scary. Hopefully none of us ever have to experience it. Not sure advice to give about May. Maybe its just the nervousness of school? See what happens once she starts and pack some extra undies JIC.

Nic - so Tyron has a good set of lungs? Marley was a shocking screamer, it was so high pitched and was deafening. You did an awesome job with the EBM, I hope you know that. You should sit back and be very proud of the effort you put in.

The school preparations are still going! I have put her labels on everything, washed her uniforms (they were like cardboard). I just need to get a few containers for her lunch stuff then we are ready for Wednesday. Chelsea stayed over at her cousin's last night and they didn't get to bed until really late then got up early. She was suffering for it when she got home. She was in a real foul mood, snapping at anything I said. Hopefully tomorrow will see her cheer up. DH and I were saying last night, how peaceful it was with only 1 child last night. I think Marley enjoyed a bit of "Chelsea free time" too.

Just uploaded some pics to be printed with Snapfish. First 20 prints free, then 9c per print. Great deal. Even with postage its still cheaper than using petrol to go and get them!! Now I might finally start my scrapbooking. Nic, I might be hitting you up for tips LOL!!

Well we have had a couple of tough days here, Liam just cant seem to stay alseep during the day no matter what we try. I think he might be going through a growth spurt because he has been feeding heaps. Tori had a bad nigh last night and we were up with her from 1:30-4:30, but it was all worth when I was layin on the lounge floor with her at 4am (exhausted) and she climbs on me and said "I luf you" awwww it was almost enough to make me cry.

We have not much planned for the next few days, Pete is on holidays again (unless something urgent comes up) and then on Thursday we are going away for a couple of days which we are really looking forward too. We really need to just hang out together and spend some time as a family without any distractions.

I hope everyone had a great Australia day.

Mel- I've been collecting everything for the kids to go back to school as well, tough job here! All their uniforms are ready, just have to pick up a hat on Wednesday for Liz to start on Thursday.

Went to the fireworks over in Corowa tonight and I had words with my brother. He was there with his fiance/girlfriend ( I don't know what to call her anymore) and her niece. Well as soon as we arrived it was like we invaded his time with them, even though he wanted to know what time we would be there because he was saving an area for us. The kids went up to give him a hug, and he pushed Kate away saying that she was annoying him ( excuse me???) then because Bella was grizzling(she has a low tolerance to some noises) he pushed her away and told her to go to her mother!(excuse me again???) I said maybe we should leave seeing as his majesty doesn't feel like we are worthy to be in the same area as him, and he replied with, "we'll have words soon, Jess!" Mum asked me to be quiet, so I just walked away from him and moved the children to a small clearing. My brother has a habit of making me feel like a second class citizen because I have children and being me, I state how I feel about him, sponging off my parents!

Anyway, everything has been quiet around here lately, the children are quietly excited about next week, but more excited about seeing their friends again. I am looking forward to witnessing Liz's first day but sad at the same time, because I won't have my little helper around all the time.

DH is working on my laptop atm, he installed a new hard drive into his old laptop for my mum and dad and now he's trying to get mine to charge again..I miss it so much.

Well, better get some sleep as we have to be over in Corowa by 8.30am tomorrow morning (or should I say this morning) as the Federation Festival starts around the 9 am mark, then we are taking the children to the market for awhile.

For all of you who have first timers this year I thought you might get a kick out of this... When my BHL was going into his 1st year of school he was great very excitied and was very happy to be going, while at school he loved it had a ball and made lots of friend my MIL didnt have a problem with him all year as he loved going, But then the year ended and he went on his end of year break, when it was time for him to return the next year he calmly told his mum that he isnt going again as he has learned all he need to learn and thought that he only need to go for one year. So now MIL had to drag him to school everyday for the whole term the teacher had to hold him back while she left all because some how it got lost in traslation the year before that school is for life npot one year, so maybe we should all sit them down and make sure they realise that they have to keep going and not just for one year... and before you ask he is number 2 and did have a older sister already going so you would have thought he would have gotten the idea. LOL

have a great day...

Is anyone still BF their original Junie babies? Just when I think the booby bit is over Nathan latches back on. I still seem to be giving him boob 3 times a day, I WANT MY BOOBS BACK!!!! I say no and try to give him a cup and he slaps it away and tears at my shirt to have "his' booby. Then I feel bad for telling him no so I give it to him.

Tali that is aweful about that lady's DH, just so sad. Congrat's on taking the plunge and going for No. 4, Don't listen to that old woman's ramblings, 4 is a good number. The flooding is really a catch 22 isn't it so awesome to see the ground wet bust grrrrrrr does it have to flood. As you know I used to live in Tieri near Emerald,so I have quite a few friends living in Emerald, a couple of them had to be evacuated as their houses went under,they had enough warning though to be able to put stuff up and packed the car chockers with their prize possessions, the biggest thing though is that they are insured for flash flooding and storm damage but NOT rising flood water damage,so they are saying insurance companies are laughing their way to the bank and won;t have to pay as most people do not add rising flood level damage to their policies and it didn't happen in a storm, bullsh it isn't it.

Nic yay for Tyron on the weight gain, see as long as he is growing and healthy there is no need to worry about how you feed him. With the formula , what brand and kind is it, could it be just the adjustment phase onto it, are you measuring properly (I assume you are just putting the ideas out there, Could he be lactose intollerant, no wait that's explosive poos isn't it ummmm, Does he need glutten free????? May be give an extra water bottle in the mix as it is Summer and babies dehydrate very quickly and maybe the extra water will give him softer stools. (Disclaimer some friendly advice to follow about BF, I don't wish to turn this into a FF-v-BF debate, cause quite frankly don't give a pigs bottom how anyone else feeds their child....I recognise It's a personal choice) 6wks, 12-16 weeks and then 6 months are the three hurdle times to be prepared for when breastfeeding, At these times babies need to be kept at the breast very often to kick start the next rung in the breastfeeding ladder. As baby grows we need to increase our supply thats why they have those hurdles they should only last a couple of days and your milk should increase to meet your babies demand, increasing FF decreases their appetite and need for boob so milk store deminish further instead of increasing. Yes it means a screaming whinging baby for a couple of days maybe sore boobs from increased suckling, sleepless couple of nights but if it is something you really want to do you have to perservere, Easier said then done. Also what is his feeding schedule, is it regular or irregular, if it is irregular on top of the hurdle phases this too can decrease your suply, What about weightloss...in you, are you keeping a regular healthy diet with minimal caffiene and increased water. I know it seems alot to consider and it is easier to give it up and chuck them on the bottle, I've been there done that and still went on the breastfeed my last three for a very long time. The biggest thing in all of this is don't torment yourself. Do what you need to do to survive day to day with two under two, if FF makes everyones life better in your house then so be it and damn those people that tell you differently, you have given him a good start, big props to you girl!!!
    Mel how is Marley's fat lip, Nathan goes a gutsa all the time and always seems to be bleeding from somewhere, but he did the same thing a couple of months ago, owwweeeee it was really bad cut on the inside and two little punctures on the outside, it was aweful. But they are resilient aren't they. Ready for school......
    Amanda hey babe we have to catch up soon, how about next week (not this week) some day. We can meet up at the Hyperdome out side Woolies, Love to see ya.
    Ali tough luck with Liam sleeping and ahhhhhh Tori, so cute. I hope you get some sleep soon.
    Hi Jess you sound all organised to start a new year.
    Hi Juli, Rory, Bath and everyone I have missed.
    I wonder how Maya is enjoying her holiday, ohhhhhh so lovely.
    Well better to this day started, I promised to take the kids to their favourite park at the beach today, so I'd better get cracking.
    Bye Beautiful Ladies
    Dee

Hi...Hello....Is there anybody out there!!! No!!!
    hmmmmm it's very quiet, where are you all. Well the kids are all ready for school hip hip hooray.
    They can't wait they are all very excited about going,I can't believe I'm back down to having 2 at home with me. I joined in on a few of the freebie activities that the council runs last year and they were lots of fun so I think we'll start going again to toddler sports, music hour and playgroup. The kids will love it.
    Good luck tomorrow everyone with getting your kide off to school.
    Dee

Hiya Dee I'm playing Scrab in FaceBook with my sis RoseHannah. Yep, I'm still BFing even though i should be weaning because of my Hyperthyroid... but he is such a boobie boy... it's been very hard. Hey I really enjoyed your contribution to that Family Tax thread Gotta go, my turn!

Well I took May of to school today for her very 1st day she was so happy that she was dressed and ready to go at 6:30 am and asking is it time yet by 7:30, but we got there in the end. Zayden like always was a bit timid to go to class as there are many new faces in his room, seemed like there was only one other boy from his class last year. while there were quite a few from his class in the room next door, gee I hate it when the teachers dont think when putting the classes together, he will be fine and make new friends, As for may it was like she had been doing this her whole life, she went in put her food in the fridge and then sat down and started to colour with her friend pearl, who she knows from school pick up. I had forgoten to bring her sheet and pillow for rest time so had to go home to get this and when I got back she didnt even see me she was sitting there like such a big girl on the mat, now all I have to do is stop crying and missing her so much I feel like there is a big part of me missing I know that in a few days all will be fine and I will be happy for her but right now all I feel is sadness, that she is in school when I feel she is still so young and should only be in kindy, and home with me, but thats just me beening selfish. doesnt help that Kai is in bed and BHL is away so I have no destrations. Anyway sorry for the sob I have loaded some photos of her in the gallery if you would like a look.

Hope all of you who had to take there 1st timers to school did better than I have or atleast have someone to talk to.

have a great day only 2.5 hrs until I get to pick up my baby....

Ohhhh big hugs Tali, It was the same in this house this morning, but no tears here. Just big smiles and plenty of woohooos. Allanah kept saying, bye mum, see ya, she eventually said you can go now mum. Lol. I know they will be having a great day.

Bath, Thanks, I love scrabble, I play it on FB too, lol it's fun.

Actually the whole Facebook thing is a little too distracting but I'm kinda addicted and have found heaps and heaps of my old friends I'm listed as Dee King if you'd like to add me.

I bought Nathan his first set of Jocks last week, he loves them he keeps chucking his shirt up to check them out. He's just wearing them for fun at the moment but I think toilet training is just around the corner.
    Has anyone started already?

Hiya girls - quick one from me - will post more tomorrow morn but wanted to say Tali I love the first day of school pics! Mel, is Marley's first day tomorrow? Good luck hun

And Dee the jocks sound so cute!

Oh Tali, I hear you! I will prob be like that tomorrow. Its so very sad but exciting at the same time, esp as Chelsea is my first and I feel like she has grown up all of a sudden. We have everything out laid out on the couch ready for tomorrow. I have butterflies just thinking about taking her tomorrow. She is so excited and can't wait. May looks so beautiful with her pigtails and her uniform. She looks like she settled in really well.

Dee - I added you to my friends in Facebook. It is addictive, isn't it? Marley's lip is fine now, still has the white bits on the lip but she doesn't notice it anymore. Glad Allanah had a fun day at school, prob seeing her big sisters go helps? MIL has been putting Marley on the potty so if she wants to do it, she can go for it LOL!

Bath - one of my very dear friends and I have been playing Scrabble for nearly 17 years! We even have our original scorebook as we were very competitive. We still play about once a fortnight and I have finally got him to join FB. He is still trying to work out how to get one etc, so hopefully we can play online now. Who wins more, you or rosehannah?

Ali - how is Liam going sleeping? Hopefully things are improving for you. Have a great time away too.

My little munchkin has inherited something from her big sister - taking nappies off at night!!!!! Chelsea didn't start until she was about 2 and we used masking tape to keep them on. Marley took one off last night, wet the bed. Take off sheets etc, put on new sheets. About one hour later I check on her, nappy is in the corner of the room, along with her pj bottoms and she is sitting on her pillow rubbing her eyes, sitting in wee! Take her out, change sheets again. This time I use sticky tape to put the nappy on. This morning I wake her to take to MIL and there is the nappy in the corner again, this time she has just pulled it off like they are pants ARGGGGGHHH! So far so good tonight, but I have made sure I used extra tape and a singlet suit so she better not get it off tonight. Might have to go and buy some extra tape tomorrow as I have a feeling I might be using alot of it.

I'll let you all know how Chelsea's first day of school goes tomorrow.

That's Pat's favourite trick as well at the moment Mel! He takes his off in the mornings though, I've taken to him wearing the singlets that do up under his crutch so he can't take the nappy off!

Dee I haven't started him yet but I'm getting close, he's watching the other boys go so he is getting the idea.

Mel Cody is just starting to take his nappy off, if I forget to put his shorts back on before his day nap then when I check on him it's off in the corner of the cot.

Well Lockie went well on his first day yesterday, he's so grown up in his uniform, I'll put some pics up later.

Well it was my turn for the trip over and hurt lip, see below, my poor, poor little man.

Well I've had a crappy 12ish hours, at about 6pm last night Cody was hopping off the couch and slipped and hit the coffee table, I picked him up and blood was p!ssing out of his mouth, took a while to stop and I had a look and it's like he scraped his top teeth down his bottom lip. So I took him to the ER and waited about an hour and sure enough he needed 1 stich, my poor baby . Then this morning walking the kids to school, we got half way there and the sky literally spilt open and soaked us, so I said forget it and turned around and walked home in the pouring rain, so that's my crappy 12ish hours.

hugs xoxo

Awwww Amanda I'll finish your avvy tonight and send it in... that's something I can do to cheer you up!

Dee: I got the potty out yesterday, you prompted me, I think Niall could start practising anyhow... he sat on it happily yesterday... expectant LOL

have to get ready for Wade's 'get to know you' interview with his kindy teacher today.

Jess - glad I'm not the only one who has to contend with it LOL!!!

Amanda - oh poor Cody! Things happen in 3's in here, and I think that's the 3rd one to hurt their lip. How is now, does he have a fat lip? How did the first day of school go (apart from the rain!). Would love to see pics.

Bath - when is Wade's interview? How exciting for him, is he excited?

Rory - baby brain LOL!!! Yes, it was Chelsea's first day today, Marley still has to wait a while

Dee - saw you pics on Facebook, how gorgeous! Love Allanah's uniform. Looks like she was happy to be a school girl now.

Well today went off without a hitch. I had to wake Chelsea up as she was still snoozing at 7.45am. She was keen to get dressed and she looked so big and grown up. Her bag was very heavy as it had all her school books in it, so I carried it for her. She got into class, said hello to her teacher and sat down with a friend from kinder and started playing with playdough. She looked at me and said "give me a kiss and you had better go"! That bought a few tears to my eyes, but I held it together. DH took the video cam, he couldn't help himself. We waved goodbye and that was it. Most of the kids were great, only one I saw had a few tears. I picked her up at 12.30 and she had eaten everything I gave her for lunch. The teacher said what a lovely girl she is, very polite and easy going. So nice for a parent to hear that. She is looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Have put some pics in my gallery.

Oh that was a bit of baby brain!! Maybe cause I was thinking that Flynn will be starting school soon!!

Just popping in to say I read all your posts and wish I had time to do the same, but congrats to all the mummies who made it thru the first day of school. I am so going to need some Jackie O sunnies when Flynn starts.

I am trying to post new pics which DH took today - will let you know if they upload (seems a bit slow ATM)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast