Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #10

hi all, so excited I booked hubby and I (and kids of course) on a quick getaway, so we are off to Cairns on Sunday for a few days. it is going to be so good to take a break from the same routine. No computers, no wasing, no vacuuming just having fun, reading and actually talking to my DH! Can't wait.

Well we have discovered the secret of Ari's teething! I honestly thought I was going nuts as she is obviously teething, yucky poos, ear pulling crying etc but no pointy sharp things! I have being trying to convince DH that I cann SEE her teeth but can't feel them but of course he thinks I'm a loony as she won't open her mouth for him. Well today I went round to an auntie/friend (has had 6 kids, now adults) and she confirmed that Ari has three teeth, 2 bottom and 1 top that you can see but can't feel WTF???? Seriously you can see a couple of mm of tooth but is somehow still under the gum? Either way they are obviously driving her nuts so yep loving our nurofen here too Sasha!

Sasha - congrats on the house!!!!! There is nothing like owning your own! And have fun doing up seb room. We went nuts with Xanders first room and he still talks about it! You should have seen his face when he saw the room here, so disappointed as it is very boring :-(

Shell - good to hear from you and woohoo on getting up on her knees won't be long now!

Wow on three teeth Sarah! I could see but not feel Claires teeth as well. It was annoying s she very rarely will open her mouth and let us look. We can now definately see two little teeth in Claires mouth.

Bec, congrats on buying your house!! Thats very very exciting. Hope you can settle before Xmas. Ours took over 3 months to settle (idiot of a solicitor!!) so hoping you dont have to wait that long. How lovely it will be to have a new house for the new year.

Shell how cute that Emily is getting up. Claire did that for a week or two and she is now properly crawling.

Well Claire is a little monkey! She is trying to climb on everything. She loves trying to climb up onto the sofa and trying to climb on me. She was trying to climb out of the cot yesterday. She isnt able to, but she was trying. She stands up and calls out for me or DH and we can see her trying to pull herself over the rails.
    She has been really hard to get to sleep this past week though. I think daylight savings has mucked her up a bit. She is waking at her normal time in the morning, but then half an hour later she wants to sleep again. Still not sleeeping all night. She is waking 2 - 3 times overnight. Cant seem to settle her with anything other than booby.
    She is starting to have solids a bit more now. We did have some success at lunch time the other day with some avocado and she had some peach today which she seemed to enjoy. I've bought a Womens Weekly recipe book so I can get some ideas of foods for her. I was thinking that maybe my foods are too boring and thats why she doesnt eat them!
    Anyway, she is doing beautifuly. She is still 6.7 - 6.8 kg. One day she will beef up. I actually managed to get to my Mums group on thursday and it ws lovely to catch up with everyone and see the other mums and bubs. The boys are so big! Some of the girls are big boofas too, but a couple of the girls are petite like Claire. We're doing a Secret Santa thing and an Xmas bbq with our mums group close to Xmas so that will be nice.

ok well its time for bed !

Hi all... can't remember everything that's been said!! I've been reading it but every time I go to reply Oskar demands my attention...lol.

Caro... Michael is catching Oskar!! He's around 9.4kg today.

Still a gummy bear but I think they're on the move! Sitting VERY well, can't be bothered rolling though. Ummm LOVES food. That's it for now cos it's dinner time for him ... never ending days...lol. Love it though Oh... getting cuddles from him is just divine.

Hey everyone! Wow, a lot is going on!! It seems that every day our beautiful babies are learning something new. I can hardly keep up with them all!

Nic is just lovely. He has learnt this new screaming thing though, which is very unpleasant and really high pitched. It hurts our ears! i have been telling him "No" with a very stern voice, but he still does it!! He is still absolutely gorgeous though, and grinning all the time with his little toothie pegs. I think there are more on the way as his bottom gums seem red and swollen. I have given him neurofen a couple of times, and this seems to help when nothing else will. Caro - I must get some of your magic teething gel!!

We are heading off to QLD on Wednesday for 11 days. I can't wait! I am a bit nervous travelling with all 3 kids, but I am sure it will be ok. We are going to Sea World, Movie World and Dreamworld. We have booked the girls in to swim with the dolphins (they don't know yet), and then the other days we will chill out by the pool and wander to the beach (Oh, and shopping of course!!). Keyt has a meeting in Canberra on our first day in Brisbane, so I will have the whole first day alone with the kids in a city I have never been to before!!! I suppose I will work out where to go. We are only going to be 5 min walk from the city, so we can just take a wander and do a bit of shopping.

Well, that's about it from me. The Fairy garden is looking fab, will post some pics as soon as we get back. Take care all!!

Where is everybody?

Well, Emy got a second tooth, which I only discovered this morning when she thought it would be fun to bite my nipple. Not much fun.

She has also started to kind of be on the move - it wasn't quite a bum shuffle, definately not a crawl, but she moved forward a bit more than a metre this morning. It was very exciting for me!

But then she has also been very annoying today, and has been cracky all day long, and will absolutely not sit on her own - I have had to hold her all day long or she just cracks a nana at me. And God help me if I need to go to the toilet! I have seriously had enough of her today - I can't wait for Jason to get out of the shower so that he can take over for me...

Anyhoo, that's it from me.

love to all!

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well.

Jo, hope you enjoy QLD.

Caro, Cass, omg at over 9kg!!! Claire is still hovering around 6.7 - 6.8kg!

Ali, you snuck in and posted while I was writing, hehe! Yay on Emy getting another tooth. Hope she doesnt keep biting you. We have those clingy days too. Sometimes I have to put Claire in her pram or rocker in the bathroom while I'm in the shower so she can see me and she knows I havent abandoned her. How cute thats she is moving a bit! Is she sort of commando crawling?

A few days ago my mum came over to visit and brought over an orange which she cut up into peices to eat. She was sitting on the floor with Claire and Claire kept on reaching into the bowl of orange and grabbing peices and sucking on them. She absolutely demolished about half of the orange. It was so cute - she'd be holding one, then reach into the bowl to get another, then put it down in front of her and reach in for another. She loved it! She also had some mango which she loved as well. Such a mess though. She needed a bath afterwards. She loves her finger foods. I got the baby pasta the other day as well and she seemed to enjoy it as well. My mum laughed because apparently pasta was the only solid food I wanted to eat when I was a baby.

I had some breast issues today and it was so painful! Claire wouldnt go onto my right breast, and it ended up getting very full, very hard, lumpy and engorged. I was in SO much pain that I couldnt lie down and I had to take my bra off. I couldnt even express - nothing was coming out, not even if I massaged and got in the shower with the hot water. I ended up ringing my lactation consultant. She was with someone else, but she rang me back soon after and helped me. I did manage to express a bit and get Claire onto that breast, and it was like instant relief as soon as some of the pressue was relieved! Hope tht doesnt happen again.

I seem to have lost my Baby Bjorn. Where on earth could I have put it!?

ok well thats my news for the day!
    Last edited by Karina; November 8th, 2007 at 05:11 PM.

Hi all have been MIA for a whle as I am just so tired, not sure why but my wonderful mum is coming in 6 days which will be so nice! Cairns was just gorgeous although I didn't get to do much but I'm not going to vent about my darling DH version of a holiday - short story is we all had a lovely time.

Ari is such a little chatterbox she has now perfected bub-bub-bub and manages to make such a gorgeous sounding sentence, I'm sure she thinks she is really communicating with us.

Jo - enjoy QLD!

Ali woohoo on another tooth. Hope she settles for you tomorrow. I found Ari was much happier once she could get around a bit more.

Karina - that's so cute about the orange! and Ouch on the breast! Pleased to hear you got it sorted out!

HEYLO! How is everyone sorry for being MIA - I needed a holiday after my holiday i think. And needed to get Izzy settled back into a routine. Which is finally happening, she's back to having dinner at 5.30 and SELF SETTLING (so proud) her self to sleep at 6.30ish.

Now questiong since i am already talking about sleep! Babies sleeping on their Tummies? Izzy has taken up to rolling over onto her tummy everynight! and for the last couple of nights i've got up 3-6 times a night to roll her back over, but at next check she is on her tummy again. Is this okay? Should i stop rolling her over? Help!

Agh i can't remember what everyone else said becuase i read the post half an hour ago then got up played with izzy now she playing on the carpet i thought i'd come back and write.

Sarah Townsville is beautiful. And i loved Crystal Creek! That was just gorgeous
    Jo sorry i didnt get ur message untill today!!!
    hope everyone else is well!!

Hey Cassie, yeah Claire will only sleep on her tummy. I am not worried about it as she is able to roll both ways, lift her head up and she always puts her head out to the side so she isnt face-planting or smothering her face, kwim? I think if Izzy is happy to be on her tummy and can roll and lift her head up well, then she's probably ok.

Sarah yay on having a lovely time away. How cute that Ari is chatting. I havent really heard any words from Claire yet although DH reckons she said booby a few weeks ago! I think booby is a bit complicated for an 8 month old to say though lol.

Glad to say my boob problems have not returned!

Hope everyone is well and having a lovely weekend. Finally it is sunny after raining all week here! Claire is sleeping but when she wakes I am going to take her outside so we can play on the grass.

So sad.... EMy has rejected me! I gave her booby at 9 this morning when we woke up, then some cereal stuff 30 minutes later, and then we went out. She didn't grizzle once while we were out, so I just offered her booby now when we have gotten home, and she didn't go anywhere near me! She kept twisting her body to get away from, so I went and got her a bottle of formula, and she has completely finished it! I think she is turning off me...

ANd she has been quite sick, with a rattley chest and a gross productive cough. Poor thing...and she still hasn't full gotten over the cold that she got last week...!

Ali - hope em is feeling better soon! Don't feel rejected, just keep persisting and she will come back.

Cass_blob - glad you likes townsville it is lovely although the humidity today and yesterday was just disguisting. Ari sleeps on her tummy all the time. Once they are able to manuvere themselves they should be fine. Make sure there aren't any pillows, toys or blankets that could get aaround her head and face though.

Karina - enjoy playing outside!

Well I am so proud! Ari said "mimi" today when I walked out of the room and "brewah" which apparently means booby. She was quite upset and kept calling out mimi and brewah and when I walked back in she clapped, clawled into my lap so I went to put her on the boob and she's said brewah and given my boob a pat and promptly went to sleep. So beautiful! Also she has these spots? mainly in her nappy area but a few on her legs and arms. They are like mossie bites with a pussy head? Heat rash? nappy rash Chicken pox? WDYT?

anyone heard from Cass, Rachel or Natty in a while?

OH k kewl! thanks. There is no toys/pillows in there. But i just overly worried!!!
    Ally hope emy gets better
    Karina you an clair have fun on the grass.
    Sarah - oh thats sooo cute!

I'zzy can say 5 words now, which she just repeats over an over, she knows mum, dad, hello, bubba, izzy (yes she can really say it!) She holds her hands out and calls for mum and dad when we dont have her its sooooooooo cute!

Oh my poor little girl is a scaredy cat! we were laying on the floor and i was doing pic-a-boo in a nice calm voice, and was saying boo then i said aghh (still in hte same calm voice) and she screeched!!! cried and cried sooo not allowed to say aghh now. and this morning i forgot and she was laying beside us, and i went to stretch and said aghh she screamed again! that word is just not good!

Its a bit quiet here?

Well I'll ramble on then.

Sarah how cute that Ari is saying words! hmm not too sure about the spots.

Ali, Emy loves you! Hope she is feeling better.

Cass, wow on Izzy saying 5 words. Claire isnt saying any words yet but it sounds like she is trying!

ok well Claire is now 6.9 kg and she is finally getting a bit of chub on her legs. She has sort of gone off solids though.. today and yesterday she only hd one spoonful of food and then just booby for other meals. She wasnt even interested in finger foods. She is getting tall though and just HAS to stand up all the time. She isnt keen on sitting or laying down and she loves holding onto furniture to stand up. She's so funny.

Just heard some sad news from MIL earlier. They reckon that SIL has an ectopic pregnancy and she has to go into theatre tonight. We havent heard anything more from them but I might give MIL a call tomorrow to see how things are. Not sure what to say to SIL though?

I'm going to start seriously looking for part time work. We're getting a bit money tight at the moment and its probably going to get worse, so a little bit of extra income would be helpful. I dont want to go back to full time work though. I saw a job that looked great but its only full time so thats sucky. ah well maybe in a couple of years.

Well, thats been my week so far.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi everyone! Sorry haven't been around, have been busy busy but not really sure with what, lol.

Well....i have some very horrible news...AF has returned . Grace started to refuse the morning BF 6 days ago, and 5 days later I get AF, not happy. I thought it was coming but now that it's here i want it to go away. I joked with DH that we should have another baby so that i don't get AF again! i was most definitely joking for now. I'm assuming it's because it is the first one since having grace (or really since falling pregnant), but it is really really heavy, which is unusual for me. Did you unlucky ladies that have had AF return find it was heavy the first time?

Had CHN appointment today. Grace is now 8.6kgs! She has put on 1.6kgs in 2 months. She is 70.2cm long. Developmentally she is fine too. Although we did have a bit of a shock at today's appointment, the nurse noticed that her labia minora are fused...needless to say we were rather shocked as this had never been mentioned before (also needless to mention felt like an absolutely terrible mother for not having noticed before, not that you tend to go digging around in those regions), so i have been rather stressed today. Even though apparently it is rather common and easily fixed (in fact it normally resolves on it's own), it's not something i expected to hear at our 8 month check up, although i am almost positive it wasn't like that when she was born cause i remember that she had that discharge that new babies get, anyway, going to make an appointment with our GP to bring it to his attention and to see what we should do.

Anyway, Grace still has only the one tooth. The terrible nappy rash has resolved thank goodness. She is seriously working on crawling, She can get up on all fours, rocks back and fourth, and goes backwards but just can't quite co-ordinate going foward yet. She gets herself so frustrated to the point where she cracks it with herself and lies on the floor kicking and crying cause she can't do it, poor thing. I feel sorry for her but must admit it does make me chuckle a bit as she looks so cute, i am a horrid mum!

She had a photo taken with Santa on the weekend...practice run before the real one, amazingly she didn't cry! Very proud of her, she did try to steal his beard though! We have noticed that if we give Grace meat for dinner, she wakes at some ridiculous hour wanting to play, it sends her crazy! Hence, we will only be giving her meat at lunch time for now, i value my sleep too much.

Christmas count down is on, have no idea how we are going to afford it but i'm sure we will get there. \

Have spoken with all my managers at work and the hours and days i want to work have all been approved so that is good, starting back on January 28, 2 10 hour days shifts fitting around DHs roster (in the same job), so that is good as it means no need for child care.

Who has started swimming lessons? Really must book Grace in.

Anyway, take care everyone. Karina, sorry to hear about your SIL, hope it all works out. Night!

Hi ladies. What a lovely day it is today! Bit of a change from the rain we had yesterday.

I missed out on my mums group thing today as they went off to the beach but DH needed our car for work today and it would have taken about 2 hours to get to the beach on public transport. Its not tht far away, its just that there is no direct public transport and you have to swap ferries and buses and they dont connect all that well so you end up waiting in between. SO, I took Claire to the swimming pool today instead. She LOVED it! She was laughing, squealing, bouncing, waving her arms and smiling all the time. Must take her again soon and bring DH next time. He'd love to see her so excited! The pool is nearby, maybe 10-15 minute walk from home, so I just walked up there, and they have two baby pools and the big pools have shallow areas that you can sit in. Its a nice aquatic centre. I think they built it for the Olympics to do water polo or something. They do baby swimming lessons there, but I dont think I'll bother as you have to join for the entire term and I dont think I cuold commit to that. Anyway, it was heaps of fun and Claire thought it was a hoot.

ok thats all for now!

Hi all, wow what a week! I have organised my work for next year, 2 days a week teaching yr 7 and the other teacher I'm working with seems really nice. Sounds like we are all going to be going back about the same time. Ari is booked in to start daycare after the 7th of Jan so we can ease into it and to give me some time to get organised as per breastfeeding and planning for school. The nappy business is just going full on at the moment OMG. So pleased my mum is arriving on Saturday.

We have been trying to get down to the pool everyday to help DS with his muscle tone, now that he has finally overcome his problem with water. Ari loves the water, she puts herself under and can swim 3mtr under the water! We are all going out to the reef next month to go scuba/snorkling again but this time DS will be able to get in the water :-) I know it;s off topic but I am just so proud of the leaps and bounds DS has taken in the past few months since we have been seeking help with his "issues"

Oh and one of Ari's 3 surface teeth has finally broken though! At long last! She is working on how to go over edges and steps (ie we are doing lots of face planting) and thinks it's hilarious to let go of whatever she is holding on to and fall on her bum - must be all that cloth padding. She still has the dots on her bum but they have sort of scabbed up like teeny tiny chickenpox? but they are still only on her bum and legs?

Karina - that's awesome that Claire liked the pool and I have another "I want to stand" here too. I notice Ari went off her food for a couple of weeks and is only now starting to get back to normal. Hope your SIL is OK, as to what to say to her I'm sure you'll find the right words

Rachel - sorry to hear AF is back, she has been visiting me since ari was 7wks old (such a bummer) Sounds liek Grace is doing wonderfully. What a good girl for not crying at her first santa visit! I'm pretty sure Ari will loose it, she is very funny about people.

Caro - Hope all is going well with you and Michael will try and check out the website later

Sarah, woohoo for having work and day care sorted out for next year. You're very organsed! I called a whole bunch of daycare places in the last few days only to be told I'll be lucky to get in in the next 6-12 months.. and that was for the places that we've had our name down since last year for, making it at least an 18 month waiting list, but likely to be closer to two years... and the government reckons there isnt a shortage - blah! I hve found a local one with vacancies but they charge $100 per day and thats more than what we can afford, so no go for that one. Haha how cute about Ari falling on her bum. Claire does the standing up thing but she hasnt quite worked out how to sit back down again so she calls out for me when she needs help.

ok well it turned out that SIL had appendicitis and is 6 weeks pregnant. Appendix is out and baby is still in and they are both ok, but I think they told her there is a 40% chance of miscarriage due to the trauma of the appendix surgery.

Does anyone else find their bub is very wakeful at the moment? Claire waking up so often now. I'm feelng like I am awake 24 hours a day now?

Yep another wakeful baby here Karina, I am so tired it's scary. Off to bed right now though. My thoughts are with your SIL, fingers crossed all is OK

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast