Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #2

frazaled1971 Guest

prama i am gate crashing here but im hoping to be here soon so i come read how you are all going i just want you to know that i am one of those few mums that breastfeeding was hell for i actually have 5 kids and number 6 due when he decideds to make an apperance and i will not be breast feeding this time as i have done it twice and it just didnt work i feed both for about 8 weeks both costantly lost weight and were unsettled almost constantly they only seems to settle when they were just plain worn out , i wanted to do it so bad just like everyone else and were talking baby number 3 and 5 so it wasnt as though this was all new to be and i ended up with post natal depression both times and i honestly beleave it was from feeling like a failure why cant i do what most mums do and love doing ,the day i put both babys on the bottle full time was emotional hell for me i cried through the whole feed but you know what it was the best choice i could make at the time, i am not prepared to put myself through the heart ach again and after much talking with DH and a midwife have decided that a happy mum is more important then anything ,i hope it works for you as you seem to want it so bad as most of us do my kids are now 17,15,13,12and 7 and they are all healthy even though 3 of them never got near my boobs and they all love me and and i am very close to all of them boob or no boob it dosnt matter and i know nothing i say will really help you because it is one of those things that you need to work out but please do contact someone it took me awhile to but once i did it really helped ,take care and remember motherhood is the best job in the world but also the most guilt riden so try to give yourself a brake and take care

Just a quick post from me, I am sooooo tired.... Finally got rid of my stomach cramps which turned out to be from the runs big time, didn't think I was ever going to get off that toilet.... arghhhhh the joys. I am bleeding way more now as well..... We went to a friends place for a bbq this afternoon which was nice, they had a baby 2 days before us, a little girl sooooo cute. DJ slept the whole time, he really loves car rides, totally settles him down. We are sooooo taking him out in the car next time he is unsettled I also used their bathroom scales when I was there and I have already lost 11kg in weight!!!! I only need to lose 9kg to get back down to my original pre-pregnancy weight. I had put on alot of weight in the pregnancy but figured it was just alot of baby and caused by the gestational diabetes etc..... So, seeing that figure definitely put a smile on my face

SJ re: pimply rash, DJ has that as well, across his nose and cheeks and apparently that is normal. I think you are right re: uterus contracting, my sides get sore, like I have done an ab workout.

Prama - just remember you are a great mum especially since you are always considering different ways of doign things. Re: pram - yeah we use it frequently, mind you when grocery shopping we use the baby bjorn carrier, just easier since we have the trolley. re: milk flow: I took that motilium tablets for 1.5 days and then my milk came through, it definitely helped to boost the milk flow for me.

Teachmum - that was very inconsiderate for sure... We had visitors up from Wollongong at 9am this morning and they didn't leave until 1pm!!!!! So, of course we had to feed them, so hubby went up to Red Rooster..... I wasn't happy because we had to get a bbq this afternoon, which meant I only got a 30 min sleep....

Bron - that is soooo good to hear the GD all gone Yipeee and such a relief.... Re: c-section - i was told no driving, lifting heavy things or exercise until 6 weeks arghhhh it is very frustrating and I keep forgetting... The healing of my scar is going pretty well though. Get twinges but not too bad, have only been on panadol which I haven't had to have too much of.....

Danni - happy birthday and definitely introduce the bottle it is a godsend so you can sleep while DH feeds

Trina - nice one on the horse ride, I would love to go horseriding and on the smiling poo thing, DJ does that too, you think awwww how sweet I am getting a smile already but no no, it is just a poo haha

Well, that is enough from me, I really need to get some sleep before DJ wakes up for his next feed.....Due at approx 1:30-2:00am haha Told hubby I will do early morning feeds tonight, he has been sooo good to me in doing early morning feeds and I am going out for the day tomorrow with my mum so want to make sure he is well rested kehehee

Shell xxxxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I'm so silly! I thought I had a haemorroid and was starting to think "surely it should be going away by now, It's been 2 and a half weeks since I had Jazz" Well, I got the mirror down there last night just before I jumped in the shower and it's not a haemorroid, it's my stitches from the episiotimy! They don't go in a straight line, the cut kind of curves (I guess so it heals a bit more naturally).

Last night Jazz settled really well on her own after her feeds which was good, but I don't feel like I had a good sleep between feeds though, I think coz she kept me awake with her snorring.

I'm in love with the baby carrier my sister loaned me. Sometimes Jazz prefers to be upright and near me while she sleeps and now I don't get so frustraited and exhausted from holding her and can still get stuff done.

She went well on the bottle for the feed I tried. I did have to express after though coz I was so full.

Made an appointment for tomorrow with my GP to discuss contraception. Something I'd forgotten about, not surprising considering using no contraception for almost 2 years (while TTC and pregnant). Talked to Matt about it and we've decided to go the implant coz it lasts up to 3 years and is about $30 every 3 years instead of about $30 every 3 months for the pill! Also, I don't think we're planning on any more kids for at least 2-3 years anyway.

Prama my SIL had similar probs bf but didn't last anywhere near as long as you. She also suffered PND. Once she made the decision to put bub on the bottle full time it seemed to lighten her load considerably. Hugs to you

The pimples are baby acne. It's left over hormones from us. All my kids have had them and they usually last a couple of weeks. You don't need to do anything for them just the normal cleaning routine.

The master is bellowing ...

frazaled - thanks so much for your post. I really appreciate you telling your story. I know, that;s how i feel, why is it if everyone can do it, I cant. Why cant I increase my milk.. what's wrong with me..
    I feel like if I put bub on the bottle I will never forgive myself. I will make an appointment w an LC, plus we see his paed on fri.sorry for the short reply, lakshman's grizzly

thanks shell, teach.. bub has acne too ..
    he's crying bbl

I thought they were called "milk spots" Didn't realise they were actually pimples.
    Until Jazz was born I hadn't realised about my hormones being in her until I saw discharge and a slight "period" from her and the midwife told me it was all nothing to worry about.

Aww Prama, you have tried so hard hun! There is nothing much else i can say as everyone else has said it all, like sj said come on here and unload and bugger the personals just worry about you for a while. I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for you..... When i got my fenugreek tabs the guy at the healthfood shop said that another herb i think it was blessed thistle used with fenugreek is meant to work really well.

Summer is calling....

Ok grumpy is in bed.....

I also know quite a few people that had trouble feeding and they didn't try anywhere as long as you Prama, they gave up after only days. Someone has to have some good advice for you so just keep looking for the right professional if it is a LC or whatever.

Summer has the milk spots too they only just popped up the last few days.

So sad about DH uncle SJ not nice seeing a loved one like that. i hope your dh is ok xox

I went to the Mothers Group again today, quite a few women there now and i realised that one of the women i used to work with years ago at a day spa, didn't work together long but last week i was wondering where i knew her from. So funny having so many women in the same room with big bags under their eyes and looking pretty tired. Got Summer weighed again and she has put on 300g in a week, must be all that chocolate i shared with her, what a chubba! I just wish that would come off me as it goes into her.....

Prama i am sooo the same as you re clothes, it took me so long to try and find something to wear this morning, it all just looked awful all my pre preg shirts are too short and my shows skin so i have been wearing some of my pg clothes and they make me look huge i don't want to go buy clothes cos that is
    1 - depressing looking in those horrid mirrors
    2 - expensive for a short amount of time worn (hopefully)
    3 - depressing buying those bigger sizes
    4 - and just depressing
    So i am just going to not worry so much cos i just had a baby, looking around the room today at all the new mums i realised that most of us had a belly and some weight to lose and others looked like they had never had a baby, so its just the luck of the draw and i lucked out hehehe. Oh well sh*t happens hey.

Wow that was a long babble sorry!

Default Hello ladies

Hey there other mamas. Thought I would introduce myself. I came over from belly buddies. I am mid 20s, married and I had baby girl number 2 on March 17th. (I know St Patty's Dad baby). Had her via c section. I cried when I found I had to have one as I had DD1 naturally. And was up and active the next day. Its now 8 days PP and I am still very sore as can be expected. Thank god for painkillers!!

Haven't had time to read the whole thread in detail but I am sure I will catch up. For those who are having trouble breastfeeding. I feel your pain and frustration. My nipples were blistered and bleeding, and the pain was worse then labour for DD1. I lasted almost 3 months. Then I took the dive and bought the 'dreaded' formula. It was the best thing I ever did. She was happy. I was not tired and depressed. She slept beautifully because she was fed up well. Don't feel bad. It's not always feasable to do it. You are a package, what is best for baby AND you are what is most important. If you suffer, so does baby and vice versa. This time thankfully my nipples remember what they are supposed to do and so far bfeeding is going well. However if things sour, I won't feel bad if I have to throw in the towel. Breast pump was my saviour last time so I will try that, then if its still too much, there is are plenty of options out there.

As for post pregnancy weight, I haven't weighed myself yet, but thankfully my tummy is almost back to its pre preg size.I gained about 10kgs this preg and 7kgs the first. So not too bad I guess. I shrink really fast as well. I walked out of hospital with my first looking like the nanny LOL. It was great. This time its taking a little longer because of the c. It is depressing when you've had bub but are still in maternity clothes. I just can't wait until I can excercise again!! Taking it easy for 6 weeks, is not only very hard with a new baby and toddler, but near impossible. It sucks that I can't jump out of bed and seize the day just yet, but I am hoping time will fly. Did any other ladies on here have c sections?

Anyways I am rambling as I do. If you are interested in checking out my blog please do. It has my birth story and some pictures too. https://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blo...logspot.com%2F

Well happy baby raising to you all.

Hi Reenie, I had a c/s too, there are a few of us in here that have.
    Mine was an emerg c/s and i cried and cried when i was told i was going to have to have one, felt like a failure that i couldnt do it naturally, i so desperately wanted a natural delivery and had done sooooo much preparation, but it is what it is. (slowly coming to terms with it and not feeling so angry anymore)
    Mine was 3 weeks ago now and i feel like i am all healed (i guess this is the danger period as i know i still need to take it easy) and am ready to tackle it all!!!

The weight thing, i lost 10kg so quickly it wasnt funny (one week) i have sort of hit a plataeu now, putting that down to the lack of activity, hoping that more comes off as i have about another 10 to loose - i gain too much in the pg, but it was worth it!!!!
    I have decided that i am not buying any clothes, winter is round the corner and i can do the layer thing. I have been living in singlets, belly is still there a bit but nothing bad and seems to be shrinking well enough - cant be bothered thinking about it too much, make sure that i have Molly Jane with me thou, as if people think i am chubby, they will know why LOL
    There is no way i am going near any mirrors for at least a couple of months.... i am sticking with the nine months on, nine months off!!!! that way if i achieve it earlier its great, but is long enough to do it safely.

Mum and Dad have just left, its 'grandparents day' again!!! not much to be done around the house, so i made them sit and not feel like they have to work when they are up here to see Molly Jane!!!

I am so slack, havent registered her name yet or done the centrelink forms... Got my first maternity leave pay today (its half pay so it is for double time) and i think that we will cope, thank god for salary packaging, as it means that my half of the mortgage comes out pre tax and then i get taxed on whats left over, it means that there is a bit more to go around, will still need to be very careful, but hopefully we can last until at least the end of the year when my mat leave and annual leave (on half pay for annual leave too) finishes

Anyway, BBL have to organise dinner why i can still be bothered!

We got a cheque in the mail today from the insurance company for the car so once that clears Matt's going to go car shopping.

I'm gonna book a photo shoot for Jazz in the next couple of weeks. Had a voucher for free photographic sitting with a free portrait in the bounty bag. Need a really nice photo to go with gold plated casts of her hands & feet which we are getting done (need to book that as well).

Hi Reenie, welcome!! I didn't have a c/s but quite a few girls did.

The weight thing only bothers me when i have nothing to wear that looks decent. I agree SJ im gonna avoid mirrors too ill have to close my eyes when i go into my bedroom hehe. I put on 5 kg just before i was pg with Summer as i gave up smoking (didn't smoke much but still) so only have to lose 5kg to get to that weight but really want to lose 10kg to get back to that initial weight so not really in a rush.

Off to soccer training all afternoon xoxox

hi girls a quick one.. thanks for all your support.
    lakshman is being odd today, drinking only a few mins on the boob and falling asleep and then getting very cranky. so will be quick.
    my belly has shrunk but still looks like im 4-5mths pg. im looking forward to winter to wear baggy jumpers.
    welcome Reenie!!! thanks for sharing your experience!!
    Trina - agree on your items 1-4.

I've started looking at flights to Kuala Lumpur late June. There's a broadcasting conference in Singapore then, we're going there for a few days and try to claim most of our trip on tax. Then I'll be at my parents for a couple of mths but DH will only be there for a week or so.
    I'll have my 500 cousins and their kids fussing over Lakshman. I have a cousin who's grandsons are older than Lakshman.
    Lakshman pee-ed on his face and hair today.. it was hilarious!
    will be back. dunno what he wants today.. sigh

OMG! this is such a steep learning curve!, Lila wants to feed every 2 hours and sometimes there is only 1 - 1.5 hours in between...can you feed your baby too much? ahhh Im tired of questioning everything I do with her because Im just not sure if its the right thing to do.
    We went to our first mothers group this morning at the community health centre and i found it to be a barrage of information but no real professional advice, just mothers giving their opinion. Did anyone else find these meetings to be really helpful? I think the advice given here on bellybelly is more sensible and reliable...

Hi girls,

I started having a really bad morning, stress with hubby because we have my mum and brother living with us temporarily and for a while he didn't want my brother living with us at all, it is only for 2 weeks tops and it sent me to tears and I just didn't want to be in the same house..... I went for a sleep and mum told me everything was all ok with Doni and my brother staying here. I felt more relieved but still stressed. I left DJ with Doni and mum and I headed to shops to get me another maternity bra, it sucks that no-one stocks bigger cup sizes grrrrr ended up getting a Hot Milk bra from a lingerie store, which costed $60 but worth it, but might save it for going out and not for everyday use otherwise it will just get ruined. I am up to an F cup.... Do you find it hard finding your bra size???

I called the community nurse and I am on the high priority of the waiting list, so waiting to get a nurse to come out but raised my concern about how much I am feeding DJ by expressed milk and she said based on his approx weight it should be around 80ml or so. I am feeding DJ around 80-90ml expressed, and breastfeeding as well. Just have to incorporate more breastfeeding and less expressed bottle milk. I find that helps me for the early morning feeds. Going to the baby clinic up the road hopefully on Thursday to get him weighed, will be interesting to see how much he weighs He will be 2 weeks old by then Yipeeee That will also help me know how much to feed him via expressed milk since it goes by how much he weighs.

Danni - re: contraception, that is soooo high up on my agenda too, mind you I don't have to worry about it just yet since we aren't having sex, at least until I am feeling like it would be ok especially after the c-section. Always worried bout the stitches.

Those with c-sections - how long did you wait before having sex?

Teachmum - thanks for the tip on baby acne, I thought it was just from milk, so that was good to know.

Prama - did you end up taking motilium? that helped bring my milk in and flowing. I only took it for 1.5 days. Maybe ask LC about it at your apt But don't forget stress and worry also interferes with your milk supply, so just relax sweetie I bet you can't wait for your trip to KL that will be something to look forward to especially with all of your relatives fussing over Lakshman

Trina - great weight gain for little Summer and good going on the mothers group. I am yet to get to one of those, think the community nurse hooks me up so I can get to one

Reenie - I also had a emergency c-section, not by choice either. Like SJ I was hoping for a natural labour to experience birth the way it was intended to be.... But unfortunately it didn't work out that way, so had to have an emergency c-section. I get twinges, but they come and go, so just take panadol if I need it.

SJ - you have to love it when the grandparents visit My mum is staying with us for 4 weeks and just to know I can hand DJ over for cuddles when I am mopping up all of the breast milk from my tummy or boobs haha is a great relief.

Kanda - I think it is a growth spurt, because DJ is sometimes feeding every 3 hours, but then sometimes every 2-2.5 hours, and I am exhausted as well. I express for the early morning feeds so that hubby can feed him while I sleep.

Well girls, I am going to watch a bit of tv and relax a bit.... Hope everyone has a great night.

Shell xxx

shell - quickly going to have dinner while bub sleeps.
    hope things get better at home..
    yes all the bras are ugly at our size
    yes, been on motilium for a few weeks..

Kanda i have started going to a mothers group and am finding it pretty good so far, the info i've heard before, nothing much new but hoping by the end to keep meeting up with some of the girls. Lila could be having a growth spurt or could she have wind? When Summer has wind she feeds more often as the wind takes up room in her tummy and when it moves through then she is hungry again so can feed every 1 or 2 hours.

Shell, it is tiring having people stay with you make sure you get lots of rest doesn't help when you are tired.

DH is packing his bag he is off again in the morning and prob not coming back until 9th April. Not that he helps at all around the house but it's nice to have him around, we have been getting on really well. I am really looking forward to school hols now...

Hope you all get some sleep xox

Hi mums,

Like Melbell and Reenie, I'm also from the 16-31 March BB thread. Thought it about time I joined this thread given my baby boy Cameron James was born 16 March (three days early) in Brissie .

We were fortunate enough to have a spontaneous labour which lasted less than six hours. Although the labour was rather intense, to say the least, I achieved my goal to do it intervention-free and drug-free. Poor DH is still dazed and confused that the birth plan (being lots of massaging, oils, soft lights and relaxing music ... not to mention lessons learned from a hypnobirthing course) didn't exactly go to plan. More to do with the fact that Cam arrived within 90 minutes of us getting to hospital ... and there just wasn't time to drag out the aromatherapy oils and whack on a relaxation CD. In hindsight, I reckon it's hilarious that we put so much focus on what we thought we would do to 'cope' with labour, when in actual fact I didn't give a stuff when push (literally) came to shove! Anyway, all-in-all a positive experience, and an enjoyable hospital stay.

As for vital stats - Cam was 2.9kg (6lb 7oz) and 52cm long. He has lovely long limbs and a good set of lungs too.

To date, Cam is a delight although having a newborn is a steep learning curve for a first-time mum. I assumed I'd be able to BF ok, but have struck some difficulty. Cam has had a bit of jaundice and lost weight on two occasions in hospital, so on discharge I was told to feed him regularly. I thought we had BFing sorted while in hospital, but the day we came home Cam decided he wasn't altogether interested in the boob. To cut a long story short, he latches and sucks, but loses interest after the initial suck. I can sit there for half an hour or more just putting the nipple back in his mouth, getting him to suck, him pulling off and me putting the nipple back in his mouth. Round and round we go, and ultimately Cam doesn't really get the volume he needs. Anyway, a midwife recommended I express "just to get milk into him", so that's what I've been doing. Each feed I offer the boob first (he occasionally will have a good BF), and then end up giving him EBM. Thankfully he took to the bottle on the first go. Am remaining positive, without putting myself under a lot of pressure, that he'll be on the boob 100pc in the near future . I plan to consult a lactation consultant (or similar) if I continue to have problems. Anyway, he's getting my milk so ultimately I'm happy with that.

I'm also blessed in that my DH is just wonderful with Cam, and he's helping out so much in the house. DH has got this week off work to be home with us, so that's great ... but I imagine when he's back at work, I may not be quite so calm and relaxed. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Enough waffling on from me. I look forward to reuniting with my 16-31 March BB friends and meeting those of you who have been posting here for a while.

Cheers, Andie

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast