Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #2

Oh Trina, it must be hard for you to say goodbye (regardless of how helpful he is ) At least he was home for easter with the girls.

Kanda -I reckon that Molly Jane has wind (farty wind not burpy wind) and has not settled all afternoon. she sleeps and then cries out, kicking her legs and all red in the face - poor thing, i wonder if it is something that i ate??? (please dont tell me it is all the chocolate!!!) Have managed to settle her now but she has demanded more feeds today.
    I read n another post that they do it as sucking is comforting and they dont know any other way to feel better... this thread also said that if they continue offer the same breast for 3 hours so that they dont make the problem worse by putting loads of feed in there and then having to poo it out, so have done that this evening, not sure if it has helped, but at least she is settled now.
    Think she is also hitting the growth spurt stage (i ready it is around 2-3 weeks) so will have increased feeds anyway, i am so buggered thou.

Does anyone know what foods to avoid with wind?

Wow F boobs... i though i was doing well with a D!!! i was small to start with thou!

I have to wait another 4 weeks before mother group starts... really looking forward to having something to attend! there is also a mums and bubs yoga that is run through the council that i will start in a few weeks... want to try and do things during the day so that i am not always doing house work!!!

Hope everyone has a great night, i am going to try and get into bed soon as i think i might be up a few times

ETA - hi Andie, you post just poped up, welcome to the group and congratulations on the arrival of Cam

quick welcome to andie! i know what you mean re hossy bag, we didnt even have time to get ours out of the car, so much for the lavender candle, cds etc!

WOW what a busy thread this is!

Hello AndiE, welcome to other side LOL. I can't remember everyones names so I will just address what I remember hehe. Which hospital did you have Cam at? I was at the Wesley.

Maternity Bras- Yep I know its so hard to know how big you are gonna get. I am up an E cup. sob. But they are settling down now. I just bought another breast pump on ebay thinking mine was broken, but discovered it was just the way DH had put one part in wrong. I was dying to pump all day so I could have a sleep and mum could feed little darling!! I went to an old type lingerie store and they fit me out really well. There are some really beautiful maternity bras around now, mostly online to buy, (as if we can go shopping easily anyways) but they are a bit xxy.

SammyJane- Its funny cos I remember with DD1 whatever gave me wind, gave her wind. Don't know if thats any help lol. I had some chocolate and prune brownies the night before last and it gave her farty bum and runnier poo. LOL. Nice.

Kanda- I know what you mean with the sporodic feeding. Seraya has been sleeping and eating well during the day, but last night she was awake every 2 hours or less. During the day its like 3-4 hour blocks. Her rods and cones are still screwed up from the womb me thinks. Mehh I am soo tired!
    She is a snuggler and just wants to be held or cuddled rather then put in her box. I use the dummy to settle her because she just wants a comfort suck here and there. I had to do it with DD1 too. I used for it for just the first couple of weeks and then she was fine and in a better routine. So fingers crossed. I found when I propped her on her side curled around a rolled up towel, she slept ALOT better. She felt like she was being cuddled still. If that doesn't work tonight, she is in bed with mummy. I have sent DH to sleep at his mummy's house for the experiment. LOL.

Prama- Was curious, how do you pronounce your little one's name? It's very different. What is it's origin?

Shell and other c section mummiesSo nice to know I am not alone in feeling upset about the c section.
    It wasn't an emergency c. It was an elective. After we found I had high risk of cord prolapse, I knew I had to do the best thing to bring DD in to the world safely. I feel now that I did the right thing. But of course it adds insult to injury when you don't have the big belly and pregnancy aches, but are still pretty useless. It's only been 8 days PP and I am feeling pretty good. Each day I am getting better. On nurofen to help me move easier. It is so easy to over do it. You think you are doing well and then you excel yourself a bit and boy the next day the soreness kicks in. I think I was glued back together with dermabond or something like that. Didn't have stitches just a thread with a bead on each end that was pulled out before hometime. You can hardly see the line where I was cut. Am hoping that is a good sign. Obs did a really great job. How are you all PP? I have found I am sore in my lower belly muscles and of course twingey in the incision. I have my birthday party in 5 weeks and am hoping that I will be able to at least have a dance! I am scared about the thought of DTD again for fear of undoing something. I will wait it out until well after 6 weeks I think. Plus I hate the thought of contraception again. Although thinking about the last 10 months or so is reason enough to abstain!! LOL. From research, they don't cut the abdominal muscles, rather they pull them apart to get to the uterus. Am thinking that is why I feel so bruised down there. Can't wait till 6 weeks so I can get check ups out of the way and start to work on abs again. I feel like it will take a good year before I won't fret about damaging stuff down there.
    Am going on an adventure to the shops tomorrow. First time I am out of the house in like 5 weeks!! So scary! I will be walking very slow and be sitting next to all the old people on the benches heheh. I am actually looking forward to putting on some make up and feeling a little normal again. It will be first time out with both children.
    Booby dust to you all. Thanks for the warm welcomes! xo

morning girls!

maternity bras - i havge different sizes, depending how full my boobs get! i have some old ones that i bought when pg which are really comfy that i use at night. but they are smaller, and in the morning as my boobs get fuller, they start to spill over!

Reenie - it's pronounced Lucks -sh- men. it's from the Hindu Sanskrit epic Ramayana. Lakshman/Laxman/Lakshamana is the brother of Rama. They and their 2 brothers were princes in ancient India. Rama was the reincarnation of Krishna. Essentially, Ramayana depicts how men and should live their lives. Lakshman represents selflessness in a nutshell. (there's info on wikipedia!)
    (I was born in Malaysia of Hindu Indian ethnic background, DH is Aussie Anglo-Saxon, you can tell from my gallery!)
    Seraya is a flower in Malay, your girls have beautiful names.

Trina - I did go post and ask Barb after all.. here's the link http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/brea...ml#post1203868
    Sorry girls will be back soon. Lakshman is asleep, mum will look after him while i go to the shops. Outdoors yayy!

Hi Girls,

No time to do too many personals,

Prama - Don't stress if you have to formula feed, one thing I really hate about the pro-breastfeeding movement is that they make everyone who can't do it the conventional way feel like they are harming their babies and make them feel so guilty for resorting to the formula. I am lucky enough to be able to express my milk and I seem to have a good enough supply so far however I've decided if I can't produce enough then I will switch to formula.

I tried again yesterday to put Jake on the breast as my nipples have improved with the pumping but as soon as you get the nipple in his mouth he pushes away and starts screaming so I guess BF isn't going to work for us ever if he doesn't want to play.

my mum left this morning and I was an absolute mess, bawling my eyes out i'll miss her sooooo much!!!

Prama - just read the thread, Barb has given some good advice there, i found it helpful too!
    Enjoy your trip to the shops, i am off to the factory this afternoon so am going to try and have a nanna nap, Molly Jane was very grizzly last night, i know that it was wind, she seemed to be crying out and trying to poo in her sleep all night... poor thing sounded so uncomfortable. got up a couple of times and burped her and she wet straight back to sleep, but then she was ready for a feed 1-2 hs later so i didnt sleep well.
    Dh is also rally busy again and didnt get in until 1am which of course was b/w feeds and i woke up (he tried so hard to be quiet, but slight noises wake me now)
    Molly Jane has also sneezed about 15 times this morning and sounds snuffely, hope she isnt getting a cold

I wonder if not drnking enough water can slow down their poos, MJ has done lest ver the last couple of days and has got windier and more grizzly?

Lisa - :hugs: hugs for you, does your Mum live far away, i may know the answer to this but have forgotten sorry.

Jo - where are you? havent heard from you in a while. Still not sure if i will go to tht session this week as i am not mean to be driving still - feel like i can though, doing loads more now
    Last edited by Sammiejane; March 26th, 2008 at 09:08 AM.

Morning girls. Tired girl this morning not so much Wills fault but me Our first big day out yesterday and I htink I over did it. I feel great re ceaser scar and have hadgreat mobility and healign right fom rthe get go but the clot in my leg stings and pains liek nothign else if i Have not had it elevated. I knocked it ont he bed getting up to wil last night and ended up in tears. Nick took will out for a change this morning as I was so tired and I did what I swore I woudlnt and let Will lay in my arms while I noded off. I felt so bad when I realised i had gone to sleep he was fine but dont want to do that again.Poor baby has mild thrush too form all the drugs I have been on . It doesnt seem to bother his feeding at all and he is stil such agood boy I have very little to compalin about. I must sya am getting myself alittle workd up about the health nurses visit and being told I am doing htings all wrong *L* I knwo WIll is drinking well al be it from boob and formula he poos and wees well his skin looks good and he isvery alert so got to count for something doesnt it. Maybe its just being over tired I am stressing over it. AM managing to keep on top of things at home for the moment with a little help now and then from mum and tonight Grandpa and Grandma are going to babysit as mummy and daddy are celebrating their 3rd Wedding aniversary. Could have quite easily slipped by in a blur of nappies and boobs to be hoenst and being 2 weeks pp Will wil be the only one anywhere near my boobs too *L* It wil be nice to be out for tea though..am finding it hard to remember to eat regulalry as it seems like the least important thing atm I know I have to keep on top of it and water for feeding and energy and also dont want to end up back on the end of an insulin needle. Going to buy another maternity bra today as only had one and was washing it out and drying over night idiot me had planned to get more the week before birth *L* yeah right. My boobs have not changed in size and I dont ever feel like I am huge or engorged as such but feel its more to do with low supply.
    Hiya to all the new faces hope everybody is doing well.
    prama i am jelous of you making plans for a trip OS it will be very special for you all.
    It sounds like we are all having just as varied baby issues as we did pregnancy issues. I have to say though all my tiredness and sorness or lack of a clean floor or made bed disolve when my boys eyes look into mine and I kiss his cheek I am so in love *L*
    Some more pics in my gallery to sticky beak at. I am loving looking at al those beautiful precious babies we made.
    Have a good day girls
    Bron xxx
    Last edited by india44; March 26th, 2008 at 10:23 AM.

I am sooooo tired arghhhhh DJ likes a good cuddle and being nursed to sleep after a feed from me, and so if he doesn't get that at night then he will just stir and not settle. My hubby says I need to let him self-settle, but when it comes to me, he just wants cuddles or a bit of reassurance.... It does take me a lot longer to settle him at night. I think I managed 2-3 hours of sleep last night. DJ is sleeping now but I just can't sleep think I am overtired. My mum is out at the moment, so I think once she gets home later I will get some sleep. We don't have a baby monitor at the moment and I like to put him down in the cot during the day, so just always scared that I won't hear him cry if I sleep..... He is due for a feed soon so I might even wait until after this feed before I try getting any sleep. I think hubby was going to try and come home for lunch so he may keep an eye on him or may just get my brother to keep an eye on him for me.

re: bleeding - I read somewhere that if you bleed bright red and clotted like to call the GP and mine gets like that after breastfeeding and expressing. Does anyone else get this? I just assumed it was like a regular period and I am not really concerned about it.

Trina - hopefully the 9th of April will come along so quickly that it won't feel like he is even gone big hugs xxx

SJ - DJ has farty wind as well, and I think maybe it is something I am eating as well.... Maybe I should cut down on the chocolate also - hopefully it isn't the culprit love my chocololate I would love to know what foods to avoid because DJ gets alot of wind as well.... DJ also sneezes alot as well, but I was telling mum I sneezed alot during pregnancy and she said maybe that is just from me then. He only sneezes twice and is fine. Checked his temp and he is fine there....

Andie - welcome to the group

Reenie - I am also looking forward to the next 4 weeks being over and reaching the 6 week mark.... I was in soooo much pain last night with my tummy and panadol wasn't cutting it.

Prama - have fun at the shops. I went to shops yesterday with mum and it felt so weird not having DJ with me.... but it was sooo nice to get out of the house without him too at the same time.... Mind you I was exhausted by the time I got home and was only out for 2 hours haha

Lisa - DJ does the same thing, but only pushes away and is unsettled on breast for a good min or two and then finally latches on properly and sucks away..... It is like he is having a good conversation with my breast haha I still have to use the nipple shield though, he can't latch on properly without it.

Shell, when you are feeding the oxytocin is being released and causing your uterus to contract down that is why you get bleeding more when feeding.
    I still am getting this, alothough it is very slight now (thank god!!!)

Bron, great that you and Will are doing so well (despite the leg pain) IKWYM about looking into their faces, my princess just has to look at me and i melt into a puddle.

Bad news this morning, Dh Uncles life support was switched off and he passed away early this morning. It is the best thing for him as he never would have been able to make much of a recovery as so much of his brain had been affected by the stroke, but very sad
    His partner does not drive and they live quite close, so think that i will be driving this week, she doesnt have any family and Uncle Steves two boys are shattered, so wont be able to he with funeral arrangements etc. We have always been close to them, so i need to give to them for a while.

Im really pi$$ed off at DH Mum though, she keeps telling me that when a baby is born, someone always dies... i told her that was rubbish as Molly Jane is the 7th Grandchild and there has been no deaths in the family for other babies. Its such an awful thing to put on Molly and has made me really angry... she did this my SIL and she is always told that her grandmother died coz she was born... its just awful.

Sammie so sorry to hear about the death in your family. Its hard dealing with the initial death and now all the arrangments. Make sure you take care of you though whilst supporting everybody.My sympathies to you and your family.

sammiejane - my mum lives in the solomon islands far away

ok.. im going to try my best to do personals, while his royal highness is silent. he falls asleep when i rock him and wakes up and cries as soon as i put him down, it's driving me crazy. and now he's starting to fall asleep as soon as he's on the boob. and then wake up wanting to eat again.eeekkk

Lisa - sorry your mum has left. my mum goes back on Sunday, i dunno how i will cope!
    Jake might change in a couple of weeks, Lakshman changed the way he used to feed as well.

Bron - sorry Will has trush.. i hate when all these health professionals think that certain things apply the same to everyone, that they can give the same advise to everyone. and dont listen to how you do things. moms and bubs are different, they might be doing things that work for them.
    it will be nice going home, im a bit apprehensive flying 8hrs. going is ok as steve will be with me but i'l be flying back on my own.. but Lakshman will be older so maybe it will be easier. and we'll also be in spore by ourselves, so a bit scared too. staying in a hotel and all.

shell - hope you do get some rest.. it;s tough just having 2 hrs sleep. yes, altho i just went out for an hr, it was nice going out by myself.

sj - so sorry to hear abt dh's unc. :hugs: it's mean of his mum to say that about molly jane.. sorry, if i was going to be b!tchy, i'd ask her who died when she was born...

my Cm's changing now.. but not bothered.. how things hv changed fr TTc days!
    i have alump on the inner side of my forearm, feels painful.. not sure if a blood clot.. maybe its fr the way im carrying bub...

typing w one hand.. so tired..

It must be wind that Lila is suffering from, poor little thing has fed at 8.30 am, 10.30, 12.30, 1.20 and 2,30...DH has her lying on his chest at the moment tapping her back with white noise in the back ground, she settles like this but the minute you leave her she gets upset again. She did a big chuck after her 2.30 feed, i'm guessing she had all air in her tummy yet was hungry and no room for food? Any suggestions on how to comfort her?

Default Hi Everybody

Hi Girls.
    I just wanted introduce myself and join the group.
    My gorgeous little boy was born on the 17th of March. We called him Flynn. He is an absolute delight, although the nighttime feeds are a bit hard as he seems to think he can play after he's been fed! Hopefully we'll sort out the difference between nighttime and daytime soon!
    Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys

SJ - sorry to hear about your loss hun.

Just how much awake time are babies supposed to have during the day???
    I've managed to get him sleeping ok at night for the most part but during the day he awake almost all day with very short naps in between and always wants cuddles. The only reason i'm able to be typing now is that i've stuck him in the pram to wriggle. I can get him to sleep on me but i can't put him down similar to what's happening with you i think Prama. It's driving me absolutely insane, i have no time to myself, no time with the other kids... i've been getting so cranky with everyone too..
    *sigh* well he's crying again i'd better go pick him up... again...

I can only tell you what I've experienced with Jake, he sleeps pretty well!!! his routine changes a little each day but tends to follow the same pattern each day, the times just vary a littl each day.

5am-6am - Feed 20min (80-100ml by bottle)
    Sleep till 8/9am
    Awake from 9am - 11am
    Feed
    Sleep from 11am - 4pm or more
    Feed
    Awake from 5pm - 8pm
    Bath
    Bed time from 8pm - midnight
    Feed, change nappy
    Sleep from midnight to 5/6am

He sleeps well and has improved since his windy episode! he is a pretty easy baby so far!!! (thank goodness)

Well we had our first visit from the health nurse this afternoon I was so nervous with fear she would say I was doing it all wrong.She could not have been nicer an d praise about everything I was doing and how well Will is doing.He put on 330grams since he left hospital last thursday and grown 3 cm since born amazing.She was really suppotrtive of how I am feeding and said to give up the expressing as he seemed to be getting all there was to get.She was happy with my mental state too*L all things considered.We will treat Wills
    thrush with some gel for up to a week after I am off antibiotics but she said it isnt bothering him at this stage.
    So happy to hear my boy is doing well it encourages you to know you are doing the right thing.

Yay Bron, well done it really makes you feel so much better when you know they have put on weight then you can enjoy them that little bit more cos you aren't worrying as much.

So sorry for your loss SJ how sad, thinking of you and your DH. What a stupid thing MIL said some people should think before they speak.

Welcome catherinemoses congrats on the little boy Flynn, the boys are really outnumbering the girls now, looking forward to hearing more from you.

I have heard that boiled water is good for wind as it pushes the wind through as the milk just sits on top and then if they burp they usually chuck, i think you only give them 1teaspoon and don't give water instead of a feed. Have also heard that too much dairy can make bubs really unsettled and for me i can't have onion, too much broccoli or salad it makes it hard when you have to cut things out.

Summer has been so cranky and windy today, poor little bubba she was so overtired and beside herself when we got home from soccer training but she is finally asleep. She sleeps pretty well at night, i am lucky too, but not expecting it every night as don't want to push my luck. She gets so worn out with all the outings we have.

DH is gone back to the single parent for a few weeks, at least i wont have to pick his undies up off the floor or his wet towel on the bed hehehe.

Hope you all get some sleep xoxoxox

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast