Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born November 2006 #38

hooray! i made evie meatloaf for dinner thinking that she would use her hands to eat it, but she wouldnt have a bar of it so i gave her a 'big girl' fork and she ate most of it! what a relief!

Hope you are on the mend soon Tara...its hard to rest when you have a toddler running around! Well done on the meatloaf....something Chelsea hates!

Ann im always lucky getting surprises....

Kim - u lucky ducky..its my birthday and Leigh didnt get me anything

Tara -hope u can get some rest but as Kim said bit hard with a toddler running around...

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Evie eats with a fork? (insert emoticon for me falling over backwards)
    wow!!!

wow Kim, you have trained Craig most excellently!!! I must be a bitter biatch, cos even though dh got me gorgeous flowers both last birthday and this Valentine's Day (after a year of me letting him know how upset i was about no flowers), i am still so hurt by him NOT bringing me any flowers when bilby arrived, i cannot forgot that hurt - i intellectually know it's silly to hold onto the hurt, it's like a grudge, but i feel it so strongly.

Vicky - i have the maternal urge and know there will be no more also, so i sympathise.

Taralee - bedrest with a toddler - yeh right! that's tough.

Blanche - does Leigh make it up to you in other ways? Like saying, go and buy yourself whatever you like? I know it's not the same as them choosing it themselves, but does he do something else for your birthday, or soon after? hope so, hugs.

Ann - bilby is throwing wobblies in shops now - esp Spotlight. It's ok if i'm walking and she's moving in the stroller. but if i stop and look at stuff - watch out. And waiting in a queue to be served, waiting for fabric to be cut - oh boy, she goes ballistic. She wants to be out, then won't let me hold her, arches her back and cries. She just wants to run off and explore everything - well "explore" is a polite word for "destroying every display she can reach". she's into openingandshutting everything, switching gadgets on and off, emptying shelves of tupperware, cups, whatever is on the open shelving we have EVERYWHERE!!! did i mention how much i hate open shelving!!! So i am scared to let her loose when we're out, cos it's very time consuming not to mention embarrassing to fix up her "handiwork" constantly.

i'm glad Ella is liking CC more, breaks your heart if they hate it. i'll be glad in May when all the two year olds at bilby's CC move up to the next group, bilby is so much smaller and younger in ability than the two year olds in Baby 2 room. Their big hard soled shoes next to her little soft soled shoes, i worry she'll get trampled. They look more like 3 year olds to me, so tall and big. the ratio of staff to babies is pretty low. god i feel so protective of her, i'm hopeless, she's got to learn to survive sometime.

i go in during the day, to feed bilby, adn all the kids gather round us, they are so amazed to see a baby drinking from a mummy. "What are you doing?" they say to me.

Kim, SD is here for one week. it's going slowly i tell you. i got two hours sleep last night. i had SD in my face at 7.30 chattering away LOUDLY cos she'd had a long sleep and was feeling refreshed. gave bilby to dh and attempted to go sleep. SD was so loud i had no hope. She and dh finally left around lunchtime, but i had gone past being ready to sleep by then, plus i knew it wasn't long before i was due to go feed bilby.

Happy Birthday Blanche - sorry its late. I hope you had a nice day. Naughty Lee for not getting you anything! I think you should definately go shopping today! You deserve a present from him - Emelia, and the bump!

Ann - wonderful that ella has settled at CC. Definately makes dropping her off easier hey. Aston has been twice now, and is enjoying it - and mummy is definately enjoying it. I painted all day on Monday, and had a wonderful time.

taralee - takes me back to being pregnant with Nathan when laura was two. I remember sitting on the floor - or make that LYING on the floor, in the vincity of her because I was shattered, did lots together on the floor lol.

Kim - craig is a gem! I can't complain really - Rich often will go out with the kids, to give me some time out, and come home with love presents. Last Saturday he went to get petrol for the mower early, and took laura with him. they went for a walk around the local markets, and came home with 6 depressions glasses for me (which I collect) They are very beautiful, and I was wrapped.

Jols - hmmmmm missing AF... very interesting. I wonder.....fingers crossed hun. How's sophie's head?

Gigi - hun, letting the ties that bind you to your child out a little is incredibly hard. I wish I could say it gets easier - but it doesn't. Even at 12, I still feel that heart ache. Its a process I have to "learn" how to do. and the only way I could do it was by teaching my big kids, and will do the same with Aston, how to keep themselves safe.

Nelly and Christy - hi lovely women. hope you are both travelling ok.

Went to the shopping centre today to catch up with my best friend and her little girl. we were originally going to go to the park - but it was raining! so the rides at the shopping centre got a work out lol. Katie is 2 half, and mothers aston to bits. It is very cute. Aston calls her kaddee. I let aston have a walk around with the monkey harness on, and he was so good. he had been watching katie walk holding onto the pram, so he did the same thing, and didnt run away! which is his usual trick. Katie helped by hanging on to the tail with me lol. and then a bit later, aston was walking her around by pulling her along behind him it was hsyterical, My girlfriend and I were in stitches. Then aston found his football in the bottom of the pram, so was kicking it around the centre! thankfully we were in a part of the centre which didnt have many people around.

Aston has been feeding himself for ages now - with a spoon and a fork. He loves it. and does it very efficiently. his fine motor and gross motor skills blow me away constantly - i think having two big kids around that he watches avidly has meant that he has done a lot of things way before my other two did. he wants to do what they can - even chores! he helps laura hang the washing up if she is putting it on the clothes horse, helps me put washing in the washing basket, sweeps the floor, gets his vacuum out when I'm vacuuming, has started taking his bowl out to the kitchen when he is finished, when I give him a snack will run and sit down to eat it. he cracks me up! I found him trying to get up on the chair in the kitchen the other day. Ithought keeping the chairs tucked in under the table would help - wrong, he just pulls them out! He is my go go go gadget boy. funny little man.

im here,sorry am at inlaws in albury for the weekend, so went missing yesterday!
    AF turned up last night,not sure why she was 4 days late!!! were not trying just yet!!
    sophies eating with spoon and fork as well, its hit and miss and there are days thati still feed her but thats rare now!
    blanche i hope leigh even gave you a shoulder massage last night or chocolates?

tara sounds like bubs is really ready to come out!!!
    cant even remember what i was going ot say now!!!

were thinking of moving!!!! scary scary scary!!! back to albury eeeekkkk!!!!
    looking into businesses here!

Had a bit of b!tch at DH today. Ella slept in til 9.15am so we all got to sleep in but it meant i had less time to do what I need to do. DH is doing a course part-time at the moment and he says he "needs every moment he can on doing the homework" So when i asked him to put the washing on this morning i got a lecture. I let him rant on about how important it is to him and then i said "so you going to put the washing on while i run out with Ella to do the chores" .... He walked away and havent spoken to him since.

He forgets that he made all these promises in orde to get me on his side to do the course. Yes i'll keep doing my chores, Yes I'll still be around during the day - I just need the eveings to work. That's all gone out the window now.

There's no point me reminding him but if he lectures me again about how important it is to him then i'll Fly to my mother's for the weekend. (not that we can afford it but its a good threat. )

Ella feeds herself too. (to a point) and then i have to pitch in. If she's starving then self feeding frustrates her. I put bowl of food down and leave 2 spoons in it. I then go and get her water and often by the time i come back she's had a few mouthfuls and thrown a few on the ground.

Kim - can i borrow Craig for a day to lecture my DH? I mean he's halfway through the course and doesnt remember i've been doing all his stuff for the last 2 months! ARRRRGGGGH

Ann

ann tell him he's also on dinner duties tonight!!! you can come down and stay with me anytime you'd like!!!

well inlaws are off playing golf sophies having a nap, DH is watching the car racing and im here drinking beer!! mmmmmmm yippee!!! enjoying it while i can, the beer that is!!
    having curry for tea which has already been made!!

stupid compouter keeps logging me off! getting very annoyed!!

LOL Ann....Craig has always been like this since i first met him...no training or lectures needed! Hope your DH starts being nice soon!

Sounds like your having a good time Jols....might need to get stick into some grog myself tonight....drown my sorrows...feeling $hit beyond words to describe

Looks like everyone's been MIA'ing today.
    Blanche - what happened with Leigh not getting you anything? did you remind him that Mother's day is also coming up? Are you ok?

TMI but Help me out anyway - I dont remember this with evie but lately with this pg i am almost disgusted with the thought of DTD. The other night i was in tears because i wanted to but didnt want to if that makes sense? i know i'm uncomfortable and probably dont feel that great about myself at the moment so that obviously didnt help but i've never felt so low...anyone?

I was the same with Jasmine, Tara...the whole idea was not fun...but needed it now and then..but couldnt say yes. Must be 2nd baby syndrome *Hugs*

awww tara i cant help. i wanted it all the time when preggers with DD

home from inlaws! poor sophie, gets sick of the car after 3 hrs, we had a DVD player going but only before she had a sleep, not when she was cracking it as we dont want to to start crying in the car for get the DVD put on IYKWIM

taralee I was the same when I was pregnant with Nathan, it was all too much... just another friggin thing I had to do. Hang in there hun.

Taralee, I was exactly the same with DTD at the end of my pregnancy with Jovie. I remember being in tears & DH not understanding at all what was going on... he kept saying "You don't have too, I'm not even asking it of you"

Well... have a look in the Punching Bag.... very hard weekend over here my poor husband's pride has been bruised as has his face. He's recovering but its sad because it was our special night.

Basically we went out to celebrate our 11 year anniversary and decided to take the train so we could have a ****tail after dinner (something we never do) and when we got off the train on our way to the restaurant a young kid pushed Pete & smacked him. It was awful for him.

I can't complain about help around the house with DH, he even hired a housecleaner fortnightly to help do my jobs for me... that was when I was pregnant with Matilda & she's still working for us!! Pete's household job is dishes. We don't have a dishwasher so he has to finish all dishes before bed... doesn't always happen, but it does happen most nights.

I read that Christy..i hope Pete will be ok. Damn kids and there foolishness (is that a word?...). Craig keeps telling me to hire a maid....im thinking of it!

Chelsea woke at 1am...screaming and kept saying Mummy over and over....for like 20 mins. finally calmed down and went back to bed in then end. No idea what was wrong

thats so bad christy!!! such a dampner for your lovely night out, stupid kids

kim perhaps she was having a dream

christy hun. so impressed with your man though - for turning the other cheek. takes a bigger man to do that then to take them on. and well done on rescuing the girl. I bet she was so happy that you guys were there! There is such an apathy in young adults today - a product of our society, and over indulgent parents IMO.

Kim - go the cleaner!!!!! ring today and organise it! And I agree with Jols, Chels was probably having a dream. aston has started having night terrors lately, which laura had, and so did I.

Hi everyone eles. friend has arrived, so off to do some painting!

Christy - Glad your DH is ok though..stupid kids

Tara- DF and i havent done dtd in about 6 months and it was the same with when i was pregnant with Emelia i never wanted it, i want to but i just dont get 'in the mood' ever iykwim! poor DF!!!

Kim - ive been thinking of getting a cleaner, a lady popped her flyer in our letter box and ive been very tempted to ring! think ill wait till bub is here..whenever that will be...soon im hoping

Vicky- how did the painting go?

hi everyone else!!!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast