Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2006 #81

Kelly do you mean a plain cheesecake they have one that uses jelly as well as plain cheesecake mix, there is also lemon, pineapple and a tolberone cheesecake recipe

cheesecake
    • 1 jelly
    • tin condensed milk
    • 250grms cream chees
    • 1/3 cup lemon juice
    • about 1/2 sachet geletine
    • pack scotch finger bickies (crushes)
    • enough butter to moisten bickies
    • 300mls hot water

1. spray ring with cooking spray
    2. mix jelly with hot water pour into ring an dlet set
    3. beat cream cheese till soft
    4. add condesend milk a little at a time until smooth
    5. add geletine and mix well
    6. add lemon juice mix well
    7. pour into jello ring to set a while
    8. melt butter and mix into bickies spread on top of cheesecake mix and firm down a litte
    9. place seal on expelling air
    10. refridgerate
    11. best to make 24hrs before serving
    12. turn out onto flat surface

sounds yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your posts girls re the Dr

I took your advice and went to see our Dr, she said that her breathing is ok atm, and her ears are ok just bit pink so no ear infection thank god, Just got to keep close eye on her and give her lots of liquid. Mum is minding her atm as I have been over anxious about this and it was her day to mind Julia anyway. So trying to rest, however Mum called worried about Julia not eating or drinking anything and just staring into space and watchin tv and not being able to sleep either. I told her to give her a bath and steam and see how she goes with eating some pasta cause she loves it..if shes not ok bring her back home. Now im really anxious. Mum is usually the real strong one...and shes really worried...just gotta tell myself that she will be ok. Its hard when you have PND and have anxiety not to be overworried. Im supposed to go see my psychologist in the morning which is why mum has Julia... but may have to cancel if shes too sick and go back to the Dr... sigh....

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

Hugs Belle, you do a great job. Even those of us with no diagnosed problems (Rans probably would diagnose me as crazy sometimes ) have days where we worry about everything and get overanxious. I know it's not the same, just wanting you to know you're doing a great job and that tomorrow is a new day! Hoping Miss Goolia doesn't get sicker!
    Could the not being interested in food have to do with the heat? Is it hot for you guys? I know that all of us here (River, Rans and I) don't eat half as much in this hot weather, but we drink STACKS! Maybe try a kid friendly banana smoothie or something?

Thanks Rach, I've kinda been at a loss for what to use the jelly mould for!

Well, Rans has got mates coming over and I'm supposed to be tidying...instead of sitting on my big ole butt.

Oh, appt went well, I'm healthy, bit low in iron, but no surprises there. Think I might have the start of a UTI...so got a slurpee, to keep my fluids up, you know?

Hi Belle,
    I am sure that Julia will be fine. Like Nelle said, keep up the fluids. I am now totally weaned off my antidepressants. I have started with rescue remedy when I get anxious and it works a treat. I had a lot of strange side affects - like feeling dizzy and really thirsty, but most of that seems to have passed now.

Take care of yourself, and your little bubba will be fine xxx

belle hope everything turns out ok
    Ness what a bummer was so looking forward to finding out!! Oh well bring on the 4d scan!

belle - I second what the other girls have said. You're doing a fantastic job. How is Julia going now, did you have to go and get her? Don't worry too much if she goes off her food or even her milk. Nina goes off these when she's sick. As long as she's drinking plenty of water that's the main thing. How did she like daycare last week?

nessa - what a bummer about your scan. Hopefully your at your next scan you can tell what it is. He/she will probably hide then too, and make you sweat it out!

That's wonderful news about the job interview Meg. It seems to be falling into place for you, which is great. And also wonderful news you've weaned off your meds. I've taken rescue remedy on occassion and find it works too.

wow kel, I can't believe the tickets are up to $600! Tha's just insane. I was sooo tempted to jump online on Monday and get a ticket, and go down for the day. But decided against it.

nelle - big smacks for you! WATER! WATER! WATER!

My scan is booked in for 20 December, which is only 5 weeks away getting very excited now!

Belle- the joys of being a mum! I think a pre- requisite of most us mummies is worrying! I knw the other night when Ash was off from her needles I was all stressed to the point of tears yet Df was all calm. I bet Julia is fine too, we just can't help worrying ourselves.

Meg- congrats on the great interview, sounds like its falling really well into place for you.

nelle- hmmm, as my mum would say a slurpee isn't really a "fluid" as such! Naughty girl you should be having proper water based fluids.

Ness- That child of your is already causing you grief and he/she isn't even born yet! Those 4d scans are fantastic though, they are expensive but we got one with Ash and thought it was well worth it. The cheeky bugger!

I have been snacking on chocolate all thru my shift today, no wonder I keep breaking out in pimples all the junk i am eating! My crumbled tooth is starting to ache bit too but its not allowed til closer to my appointment.

Doo dee doo....I'm bored. It's too early to make noise, and I'm still tired. But I've got heartburn, and am awake because I reeeeally wanted my vicks vapour smelly thing and couldn't find it! And then changed Riv's nappy, gave him yogurt...and now I'm awake! Maybe I'll sleep again once Rans is at work.

Shell! Chocolate! And you lecture me about slurpees! Hope that tooth stays okay for you.

Hopefully the 5 weeks will fly for you Jodi!

Ness - honey et the 4d scan done defently for piece of mind..come over here and get it done its only $65
    Jodie - 5 weeks to go until your scan..OMG were is the time going?
    Bel - big hugs honey your doing a $hit hot job!!!!
    Nelle - you can now buy slurpee making machines at Harvey normal for like $80, Im thinking in investing in one.
    Rach - doh maz, I sold my jelly mould on ebay 6 months ago cause i never used the dame thing!!!!!! *Maz kicking her own @rse now!!!!!!*
    Kelly - you should have bought 2 extra tickets and then sold them hehehehh but I still cant believe they are so much. how much did you get them for?
    Hello everyone else...mauw to you all
    I bought Vy a Fisher Price look and learn play house thingo yesterday..its the one that is $160 but i got it in the local paper for only $50..she loves it to death and has left my kitchen cupbaords alone. i can now make tea in peace. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a child that loves opening the cupboard doors and 'posting' stuff
    OK Im off but will be back a little later..need to start packing for this weekend..im so excited.

oh my i had my first poo everywhere incident, was outside had car right in front of front door anyway jack was at door happy then got whingy i was like just let me get the last of stuff out of car (cleaning patrol for channge over tomorrow) anyway i put some stuff on stairs and went ewww 2 secs bub i could smell him, well i walked in door and was like sultanas where did you get these then poo on the wall screen, floor and him thanfully none on his face, he exploded for sure out the back of pants ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!1 so grab him throw him in shower fully clothes stripped him off in there stripped myself off gave him shower while he screamed left him sitting in bath (no water) while i grabbed mop and disenfecant and cleaned it all up thanks god for timber floors.............but ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!

I had to giggle Rach. It is a very funny story.

Well my old employer rang me today and have offered me 19 hours a week to work flexibly from the 17th December for about 10 weeks. It would be around $32 p/h so I have to seriously think about it. It means I could work 3 days a week 10 - 4 and they said they would be flexible on the days. So this means we could work around Tim's roster. Hmmm..... What to do ?!?!

Meg- When were the new place looking at getting you started there? Could you do your old job for the 10 weeks then move onto the new place? Sounds like great money and great how flexible they are being too.

rach- lol, but ewww! Thank god he didn't eat the little "sultana's"!

Maz- those play house thungs are great, one of the mums in my mums group has one and all the kids seem to be drawn to it, and yes love opening and closing the door.

nelle- Lol, I ate the chocky on the opposite side to my bad tooth. Hows the heartburn? I was wondering what was going on when I see you posting at 6:30 in the morning!

Might take Ash to gymbaroo today. i only go every so often just cause each 45 min class is $18, bit expensive. But we've got nothing else on and haven't done much this week.

Ohhh dear. I ran a cooler than usual bath for River, since it's such a hot day, Rans is bathing him, and it doesn't sound like he's a fan... Wailing quite a bit...Should try a pool one day and see if that's any better...hmmm.

ETA: And Rans brought him over for a hug, and River burped in my face, and I'd forgotten quite how much garlic was in that risotto!
    Last edited by Nelle; November 16th, 2007 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Phewee!

Nelle.. lmao re the burp!

Shell.. how was gymbaroo. Ive never been.. always wondered what it was like.

Meg.. wow thats great money, especially in time for christmas. Will you have someone to mind James? Id definately be considering it if it were me.

Maz.. we bought the premium tickets which were $199. My gf and i were such big fans in high school and DH said i could being it will be the first night i have gone our since Jesse was born! Yeh it woulda been an idea but supposibly Ticketek is onto them and black listing their credit cards so not a good idea to resell tickers for higher than face value. Oh wow, is it like a little kitchen thing?

Jodi.. oh damn you so should done it!!!!!!!!!! Oooow! Are you gonna find out the sex?

Rach.. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Yeah kel, we're gonna find out what it is, as long as bub is behaving.

Well Nina has vomiting & diareah (sp?) which is going around. So as you can imagine we've had some very rough nights the past couple of nights with her up all night throwing up and really unsettled. aaahhhh, the joys of parenthood. Hopefully it'll be gone by the weekend.
    Heath and my dad are helping my BIL today with extending his patio. Their pouring the cement today and it's raining galore here, so hopefully they can get the job done in between showers.

maz - what's that thing you got Vy, can you send me a pic so I know, Nina LOVES our cupboards and drawers, well pretty much anything in the kitchen. Cause I'm in their a fair amount of time during the day (yes I eat way too much) she likes 'helping' me.

Jodi- If you look up on fisher price website they should have the thing maz bought. There is a few on e-bay but I think they were somewhere in nsw.
    Poor Nina, hope she gets better quickly. Is she keeping some fluids in?

Kell- Gymbaroo is fun, just sometimes I wonder if its actually worth it thats why I only go every so often. First part class they climb on things and into things and all over things then second part is usually music, singing playing with certain things and singing a song with it.

Nelle- It is quite hot here isn't it. I'm not coping with it. Ash doesn't seem to mind cold water too much cause she did go wading at the beach with mil.

I feel slack today, sat is my sleep in day and once I get up I'm just tired and lazy all day. Its like my body can't cope with a sleep in! But its all good cause great Df has vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and cleaned toilets/ bathrooms.

shell, can you send your DP up here to do my housework too!
    She is keeping water down, everytime she has milk she throws it up so I won't give her any until I feel she's better.

As long as she's keeping some water down thats the important thing. Lol, I'll send him up to you! I don't kow what got into him!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast