Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

Morning Everyone

I have to say Chrissy was fantastic but so exhausting that i'm very glad it's all over until next year!!! My house is still full of christmas crap, I'm finding endless amounts of scrunched up wrapping paper *lol* Scarlet was sooo over tired by the afternoon, she was sooky & unsettled it took me ages to get her to go to sleep even though she was completely stuffed, She finally fell asleep at 4:30pm & didn't wake up until 9am on boxing day... She's still very tired from it all, maybe she'll be a bit better today.

Everyone got spoilt here!!! Scarlet got lots of stuff that's not age appropriate yet but will def come in handy in the coming months, The girls have presents all over the floor in the bedroom that i haven't even had time to have a look at yet, I got a nifty espresso machine, a really pretty bracelet & a massive basket of all my fave girly items from DF & bunches of other little things from everyone else.

The jumping castle was a big hit, especially when all the kiddies went to bed & us adults had a turn, full of christmas cheer lol

The fairy has also visited us, I've been really sick & DH has had a little bit of a bug too - The girls didn't get it though so PHEW!

Having DF home from work has him realising what my day is like too & he's trying to be as helpful as possible but with us being sick the last few days the girls have been fantastic! I woke up yesterday morning & Jamie (11) already had Scarlet out of her cot, fed, changed & happily playing - She turned off the moniter so i could sleep a bit longer... I think they miss thier baby sister heaps, She's still in NSW.

Happy you all had a wonderful christmas.

lp - wow ur christmas sounds like a big hit!!! thats really cute about jamie looking after scarlet and letting u sleep in..
    haley - i dnt think its sad lol well i am hoping its not coz thats us too lol think its just part of adjusting to a new bub in the house..

hi everyone
    LP - i'm glad your christmas day went so well. Bummer that you're sick as well. Lovely that Jamie is such a big help for you. She must have had a lot of practice looking after her own baby sister.
    Hayley - i hope Maddie is feeling better soon.
    i'm feeling alot better today - just feeling very weak and dizzy. Hannah has been incredibly unsettled, not sleeping very well at all. Hope she's not going to get sick. I realised today that i have only been giving her 0.1ml of her medicine for the Thrush instead of 1.0mls. How stupid do i feel!!!!
    taking down the christmas tree today - dh can't wait to get rid of the clutter lol.

Happy christmas everyone!! Glad everyone had such good days. Buying kiddie toys is SO much fun, isn't it!

Ours was pretty darn full-on (it was at our house this year) with my family & the ILs. Lots of brilliant food (my family did all the cooking) and lovely setting in the garden. Missy was spoilt rotten - lots of soft toys and some more developmental ones too thankfully! We had to open them though as she was asleep because ILs couldn't wait for her to wake up. Grr. They've just left to go back o'seas and I am waiting to hear whether or not I've been awarded a fr!ckin' Victoria Cross. It was a great visit - FIL was great and really enjoyed seeing his first grandchild - but my god all 3 of us are exhausted. I think the most exhausting thing is constantly being organised by someone else & second-guessed... having Missy rocked to sleep when she really needed up-time so she screamed when being put to bed, hearing what "dreadful pain" she's in with "wind", being told just as you're trying to get hold of her to feed her that she's dreadfully hungry and needs to be fed... all the sorts of things an anxious mother needs to hear, really. VENT OVER. Thanks, feel better now!

I did have an awesome dream the night before Christmas Eve that we BB girls all got together and had a fantastic lunch party! sigh. Wish we weren't all so far away!

TAke care on the roads this holidayt season and will check in to see what you guys have been up to soon. Need to go and catch some rampant Zs!

Queenie, it is so frustrating when everyone else knows what is best for your bub isn't it. When my IL's were here W was screaming and DH handed him to MIL when I was standing there with my arms out for him - MIL said he was so upset he would cry for anyone, I got him straight off her and settled him - he just wanted his mum after being handed around so many people.
    How is she doing? Amazing how fast they grow isn't it.

JaZmum, glad you are feeling better, hope that H isn't catching it.

Leemar, that sounds like a lot for the train tickets. Did you enjoy the pineapple? We took my granddad there when he came over to visit but we didn't realise you can go inside.

LP, good to hear you survived your big family christmas. It was nice of J to let you have a sleep in.

Noni, I am also scared of getting preg again. Not that we do it very often, but every time I have a little voice in my head whispering 'irish twins, two under 1...". We aren't being very careful, but I guess we should because I need to lose at least 10kg to lessen my chances of getting GD again.

I haven't been posting much because Christmas was a bit depressing this year. We have no family here and we had been hoping to move back to NZ before Christmas but it didn't happen. So it was just DH, W and I sitting at home. We didn't bother with presents so it was a rather average day. I did cook a roast dinner but we both just ended up grouchy because we weren't where we wanted to be.

Will seems to be getting teeth - there is a white spikey lump coming out of his gum, but it isn't the front middle that I thought they got first, it is to the side. He has been chewing his little hand like mad on that side and keeps pulling off the boob and crying even though he is hungry.

queenie - you poor thing - lucky your out-laws live so far away
    arte - you could have joined my family for christmas day!!! Horrible to think the three of you were sad on christmas day What's holding you up on the move to NZ?

arte - sorry to hear your chrissy was so depressing sounds like will is getting teeth thats exactly what ashas like too!! and hers isnt in the middle either.. someone told me to try a cold wet face washer against their gums...
    queenie wow that sounds like a nice party wish it wasnt a dream!!! we had the same thing with dps family holding her while she was crying she really just wanted one of us but they kept saying ohhh uve got wind well just get rid of it then grrrr it really gets to me everytime she cries it must be a tummy ache and have nothing to do with the fact that she might want her parents...
    jazmum - glad ur feeling better

JaZmum, I am sure christmas at your house would be fun - your big girls are a cool age for christmas.
    We were waiting until DH had a job lined up before we shifted back but we got sick of waiting and have decided just to go and sort out a job once we get there. I have booked plane tickets and have the house on the market, hopefully it will sell in time (managed to talk the advertising fee down from $1800 to $750 with a baby hanging off my boob!).

Noni - I might try the cold face cloth. I have been using Bonjela but he sticks his tongue in the way when I am trying to put it on so I am not sure how much actually makes it onto his gums. Is Asha spending much time in her jumperoo? W loves his. He sits/stands in my lap looking over and talking to it until I put him in.

arte asha likes her jumperoo and is spending more and more time in it.. shes more the kinda baby though that wants you to play with her (not sure if all babies are like this and some conditioned out or some babies are more content to be on their own) so if i stay with her she plays for ages but if i walk away she only spends about 10mins before she wants to get out lol shes like that with everything though she gets lonly its alright though because she sleeps so well at night and is very well behaved when we are out...

Well I can not sleep so I thought I would pop on and say hello.

Art- We did not end up going to Big Pineapple as the weather was crappy. Oh well maybe next time. Love the photo of W.
    Jazmum- Glad you feeling better
    LP- I hope you get better soon.

Well I can not believe my baby will be 4 months old on Monday. I gave her a try on some Heinz pureed apple today and her face was so funny but she loved it. Next will be the runny weetbix.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

hi everyone! been reading posts but haven't been on long enough to post reply (actually, needed to reset password since i'm not using my own computer so it's not saved). anyway, glad to read that those who've been sick are better and those who had outlaws with them are now outlaw-free.
    really hot weather in perth but, luckily, my inlaws have got airconditioning which has been left on for most of the day...and night. never actually felt the heat. MIL hired carseat and cot for us but the cot was a porta cot which came to just about a foot off the ground which i refused to use coz' it would be scary trying to get her in and out of it while half asleep. might end up in the cot myself. anyway, hired a bassinet the other day for the rest of our stay. couldn't before then coz' shop was closed for xmas and boxing day. so we'd had her sleeping in bed with us. it wasn't too bad coz' someone had told me about having their bub in bed with them and what they did was to have her in the space in between their pillows. so, if they got to the edge of the pillow, they'd wake up coz' it'd be bub's space already. and because her head is above theirs, there was less chance of the sheets smothering bub. anyway, all good now with the bassinet. have to say, it was soooo stinky!!! had to have a real good wash before it was used and what couldn't be washed was sprayed with disinfectant.
    for breastfeeding mums, was wondering if you could give me an idea how long your little ones feed (i.e. 20 mins per feed) for and how often (i.e. every 3 hours). this is coz' max has been rejecting the formula/bottle these past few days and i'm worried that she's not getting enough since she's just going with only breast milk and i don't think i'm producing much. am thinking it might be the formula (karicare gold plus...we use karicare gold at home...couldn't find it here in perth) so am also trying different formulas (only those i can get in sachets or small portions to try). just wanted to get an idea what most others are doing although i do know that each bub has got different "proficiency" in feeding so times will definitely vary.
    thanks.

Fianne - K goes for 15-20 mins in total (has both sides) and this is 3-4 hourly during the day. If you're worried, just pop her on more frequently while you're away (especially while it's hot) and then you can weigh her when you get back home.

thanks cally. i think that's made me think that i might actually have more milk than what i thought. max is usually on for 5 mins each breast before she starts to grizzle and tug. so a total of 10 mins and then we give her formula. been mixing 100 ml bottles but her consumption varies. sometimes she'll finish the bottle but other times she'll have maybe 40 mls. but as i said, these days, she's been rejecting the bottle. i've changed formula and she's been having them again but then i'm now thinking that i might actually be able to go formula less. oh, when you pump (if you ever do), how much are you able to bottle off both sides?

its been a pretty rough day here today Ashas been so upset and i am really not sure why at one point i gave her panadol and that helped for a while but it was back on after about an hour.. i feel like ive been holding her all day and its so exhausting when they cry all the time..
    i put her down in her cot after her story and she screamed and screamed i did my best to try and comfort her while she was still in the cot but she just kept getting louder and louder untill i gave in and took her out... she then fell asleep on ou bed lying next to me shes so clingy she stopped crying as soon as i picked her up out of the cot... its very hot today i hope thats all it is... as i type this she is asleep on our bed coz i dare not more her to her cot... please please let this just be a once off and not the beginning of days of me having to carry her around and sleep her with me...

Fianne - I hardly ever pump as I've always been able to fit in anything I do around K's feeds so far. Last time I got 55mL total, 2 hours after she'd fed. Remember that this can vary enormously between different women though so don't stress out if you get lots less - if you get more then that's great!!

Noni - hope A is good for you tomorrow. The heat can really throw them out can't it.

DH's birthday tomorrow. His family are coming around in the evening for a bbq. I should be able to have all the food ready, K has been having bedtimes this week about 7:30 so I will be busy with her while the boys cook. Was going to make him chocolate eclairs (his favourite) but they take 45 mins in the oven which might not be appreciated if its going to be 30 degrees tomorrow!! Might have to do an ice cream run instead. Fingers crossed she continues her good evenings, she has gone 4 in a row now where I've put her down awake and she has settled herself off to sleep without us having to go in there at all which is great.

Hope everyone is well and that your air conditioning doesn't break down with this heat!

Hayley - Wow Jamie sounds like a very mature kid for her age. What a great help she is going to be around the house for you. Cant believe she even thought to turn off the monitor.

Queenie - Oh I so sympathise with you (as do many others in here) with the whole PIL situation. MIL's always think they know best. I swear sometimes I feel like my MIL thinks Maddie is her baby!

Noni - Its probably just a once off with Asha. Maddie has her fair share of rough days every now and then. No matter what you do you just cant console them, gets very frustrating. Glad to hear she has been very good with her sleeping.

Jazmum - Has Hannah's thrush cleared up? Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Arte - Oh no sorry to hear chrissy day wasnt that great for you. Next yr will be excellent when you are in NZ with your family! Hey well done on talking the sales agent commission down. We are expecting to pay about $7000 when our unit sells. Not to mention about $15,000 in capital gains. Far out!!

Leemar - 4 months WOW! Time flys. I'm nervous about trying Madeline on solids.

Fianne - Boxing day in Perth was a killer wasnt it? We stayed at home all day.

Cally - Congrats on the self settling. I'm sure Katie will keep it up for you.

Well I took Madeline to the doctor yesterday morning. She has gastro, but she seems to be getting over it. Yesterday morning I could not console her, she was soooo upset and all cold & clammy. That freaked me out big time, I called the doc straight away and burst into tears on the phone. The receptionist told me to come straight in and they were so good, as soon as I got there they had a doc see to her. I have to keep up her fluids and keep an eye on her temp. The doc said if it got any worse bring her straight back to him or the hospital. She seems much better today THANK GOODNESS. Was so scary I tell you, I panicked, threw her in the car (not literally) and I was in such a rush I forgot my shoes!!! Not to mention no time to brush my hair lol. Must have looked a right mess. But I was so appreciative of the receptionist and Doctor, literally as soon as I came through the door they were onto it and I was worried they might think here comes another paranoid mother, but they were both so understanding and gave her a really good check over.

Hayley - glad that bubs is better - that must have been so scary. So good of the doctors to see you straight away - lol at forgetting your shoes though!!

Evening Ladies,

Well I hope I can sleep tonight. Olivia was so unsettled last night.
    Noni- I totally know what you are going though. I hope Asha is more settled tonight.
    Hayley- I too was scared to give the boys solids. But with Olivia it doesnt really faze me. I guess the more kids you have the less hesitate you get. (I hope that makes sense) I am glad Maddie is better.

Well Sweet Dreams to all

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast