Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

Noni, you will be fine with just the two of you. I know I find it a bit easier to deal with arsenic hour if I'm on my own with bubs as I don't have to do anything for anyone else kwim? Don't worry about the cot thing - if you need to take her to bed with you so you get some sleep then do it - you will be a better Mummy for it in the morning if you aren't overtired.

Marydean, I used to fancy myself as a bit of a punter when I was at school and studied the form guide religiously. I used to do quite well too, but then once I moved out of home and had to start paying bills it was a different story LOL. The local publican used to let me put on my Stepdads weekend bets and I would put mine on too and he was none the wiser - even used to let me have a shandy. Mind you that was before all the new liquor laws came in.

And don't worry about the name either - I'm used to it LOL.

Noni Good Luck to your DP. I am sure you will be fine, like MD says it may take a few days to get used to. Would it be so bad having Asha in bed with you? Logan comes into bed with me almost every morning after DH goes to work so we can get some more sleep.

*put hand up* me too. L comes into bed in the morn for a 7am feed and nap. I always thought i would never have a baby in my bed, how things change when you actually have one! I am a grumpy mummy without a good sleep!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ozstar- i was at mum's and reading a mag,(On the loo mind you! TMI? ) Womans Weekly i am pretty sure, and there was an article on an architect in Perth who had a little girl called Luella. I loved it. Sorry nothing too exciting.

Sherie- do you live in the country? I lurve the tractor in the background of your AV, although i like the red varity better!

L had a bath tonight, was drying her and she got a bit squarky, so i picked her up and she peed all down my front! That'll teach me.

Ange, I bet you thought only a boy would do that LOL. I sure do live in the country. We have a farm, hence the tractor, but its green all the way here LOL.

After DH left for work this morning I fed Alister because he woke up early from all the banging around Dh did and then kept him in bed with me because it is soooo cold here today. I though yesterday was chilly, but the brass monkey weather is back again I will have to get all of Lindsay's baby clothes out to find something warm for Alister for the next few days as all his 000 stuff is too small and I only have two 00 suits. It is supposed to be stinking hot by now.

hi all - sorry selfish post coming - I havent even read all the other posts yet - so sorry hope everyone is well..
    I am hoping for some advice please..
    Noah has not pooed for 3 days - I know ppl say a bfed baby can go 3 wks without pooing but this is v unusual for him and he now seems to be a bit uncomfortable... any ideas how I can help him or what I should do?Jazmum I know Hannah had this too - how long did it take and didyou do anything to help?
    Do I need to call a Dr?
    I wasnt worried about it but now I am...
    HELP!!!
    Thanks all will be back later to see what has been going on..

Hi pregpan
    If he is uncomfortable then ring a midwife/Dr for their opinion but they will probably tell you that it is normal. W used to go every nappy change and now only goes a couple of times a week. He may have gas pains, try laying him with his nappy off and moving his legs in a bike-riding motion taking his thighs up to push on his belly a bit. We do this sometimes and it seems to get the farts out.
    If W hasn't gone for a few days he can get a bit grumpy just before it happens, I think he gets a bit of tummy pain.
    Hope he is o.k

Morning All,

Ange- Hi and Welcome What a lovley name your daughter has.
    Pregpan- I would try what Art said but if you are not sure just ring your Peadatrician.

Well what a morning I have a headache and very tired. Olivia was unsettled last night and so was the boys. Must have been a full moon or something I also have DH home sick what a drama queen. If its not one thing its another. I so dont feel like being at work today...

I hope everyone else has a great day.

Oh Sherie how is your new car going.

ugghh seems mornings are grumpy now too weve had another grumpy spewy morning here... and then when i finaly got her to sleep dps mobile rand right next to her head and woke her up (it was dps mum telling hom there is mail for him very important stuff grrr) and now shes still up and i have hardly slept the less sleep she gets the more spewy she gets too so not a good day ahead of us i dnt think..
    with having Asha in bed with me its not that i have a problem with that in itself, she is usually with me fr some of the time i just worry about her getting used to it being all the time because i do get quite sore frozen in the one spot all night lol...
    better go Ash is crying hopefully i'll be back on to finish later

Noni, it's rare that I will sleep a whole night with him in bed with me, once he is in a deep sleep I put him back in his bed. I don't think she will get so used to it she wont sleep in her bed, not at this age. I hope you can get a bit of a rest later.

Hi Leanne! I hope tonight is better for you hun. It's always the way when you have something on the following day that you will have a rough night. The new car is going wonderfully - I love it LOL. it really is a great vehicle.

Pregpan, even though you know it is *normal* it still worries you LOL. I read the thread you started about it and there are some good tips - but if you start to think that something isn't quite right then take him to your Dr/Paed.

I have had a productive morning - I got all the beds made, two loads of washing done (which will probably end up on Renee's front doorstep the way this wind is blowing today LOL) and made a dried fruit and walnut slice. I am supposed to be shampooing the carpets in the commodore but it's too windy and there are a heap of trucks on the road today making it dusty.

DH just called to tell me that our friends who are 8 weeks pregnant lost a baby. The wife was bleeding yesterday so they got a scan and it showed she has two uterus's and had been pregnant in both but one of the babies wasn't developing properly and miscarried. The other baby is fine and growing normally. She didn't know that she had two wombs or that it was twins.

OMG Arte! that is a lot of information for your friends to digest all at once. It's terrible that they lost one of the babies though.

Art- Iam so sorry for your friends loss but on the other hand happy that the other baby is fine. I hope that she and her DH is ok.
    Sherie- Your slice sounds yummy. At least your washing should dry quick with all the wind. My DH has put my car on the market so he can upgrade we even had someone from perth ring up last night about it. I really love my car and sure if I want to sell it, althought I havent test drove the new one yet and I hope it is a nice as mine then I will be ok.

Pregpan - My community Health Nurse told us to give Rory a little cool boiled water to help. Someone else told us to slightly push his legs up to his belly and move them around like he is riding a bike. I hope this helps.

Lol Sherie - Ill iron it for you and sent it back if it comes this way I had a productive day yesterday too. I washed a couple of loads of washing, vaccumed, mopped and changed the front room around. I even had time to go for a walk down the beach.

Leanne - Bloody men! DH carries on like a drama queen whenever he gets sick too! And if I dont fudd over him he mopes around feeling sorry for himself haha

Welcome AngeA I loveeeeeeee the name you have picked!

Art - I hope yuor friend is doing okay. That is awful news *hugs*

Rory slept from 9:00pm to 7:30am Sunday night. I couldnt believe it! I honestly dont know what I did to deserve such a beautiful beautiful little boy. He is an absolute angel. I was just looking at him last night crying because I was so happy and he was looking back at me with a huge smile on his face. He is just amazing.

Renee- My DH and I often wonder what we did to deserve 3 beautiful babies. I still cry sometimes just looking a them and often think back when a dr told us that we could not have any babies at all and now we have 3. I always feel truley blessed.

hi all - sorry i feel v selfish that i am not reading and doing personals yet - i will come back later...
    anyway in case you are interested - he FINALLY did a poo!!!! I gave him a good deep massage of his belly and i dont know if that did it or it really was just time but there it is all done... i feel a lot better for it (3 days to me is a looong time so even though i knew it ws normal and ok we could not help but worry) anyway thanks for the tips! xxx

its pretty busy here but i just popped on while i am having my lunch to see how we are all goin.. phew lol its nice to sit down.. dps on avo shift like i said so hes getting ready for work so i cooked him "dinner" which he ate now and he will just have a sandwich at work so i cooked that then cleaned up, washed bottles and measured out formula to make it easier when hes not here incase shes screaming the house down, made dp a sandwich to take with him, washed and dried his clothes for work and then last of all of course made myself something and sat down lol i am sure ash will wake up soon and i wont get to eat it all anyway she always seems to know when i am eating lol...
    renee - very jelous of your sleepy boy there.. glad things are going well for you now you deffinately deserve it after the first few weeks were a bit rough... oh and i am sending my washing to your place if its coming back ironed haha
    leanne - hope dh gets better soon and dosnt cause you too much trouble lol
    arte - i hope your friend is doing ok thats awful id never heard of two uterus's before
    thanks sherie - lol i am just a worrier and after working in childcare you see so many kids with bad habbits and say oh i'll never do that lol and sometimes i think to myself now is this something i said i wouldnt do?? trying to just relax and go with the flow lol
    pregpan - glad u got the poo you were waiting for

Go Noah, well done!

On a similar topic, I came across the most amazing Youtube clip last night, you can search for it under "Baby gas expelling trick" - freak out! Have a look ladies and tell me what you think!

Arte - so sorry for your friend's loss - it must be hard balancing her relief that one baby is still thriving with grief for the other. Far out about finding about a second womb at the same time!

I think we're going to have to go back to drs this week, E has stopped taking the Gaviscon and we're getting lots of crying, a baby that is exhausted from crying, and not many smiles anymore. I bought some mylanta which I've given her once, but would rather discuss it with the dr before embarking on this path!

Go all the productivity ladies !! I'm very impressed. It's a pub hol here, so hanging around doing not much like it's Sunday, waiting for the race to see if Purple Moon wins ( Gracie, I've got $2 each way on it)!

Well I put $2 each way on what I thought was Princess coup but was actually eskimo queen, it would be safe to say that I am not a supa punta.lol. And you guessed it... it didnt win anyway. Oh well...

Congrats Noah...
    I too am very impressed at all the productivity going on....

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast