Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

L is 6 weeks on Fri and no real smiles. I think around the 6 week mark is 'average' smile time. Eith that or Ash and L are slackers!

lol ange they better not be slackers i am busting for her to smile at me each day lol

speaking of slackers - here I am!!!
    On the smile thing - Noah has been able to do it for a few weeks and we got theodd smile here and there but now he smiles all the time - big gorgeous smiles...they start small with just the lips and then it is the whole mouth and eyes too - gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!! He is 8 weeks so not long to wait for them i dont think!! Oh it is so special and heart warming every time! he has also started making cute noises - coos, gurgles etc.
    Thanks all for the good poo vibes ha ha!!!
    Re sleeping through - we had 3 nights (on the long weekend) when Noah slept from 9 or 10 to 5 or 6 - bliss!! usually on those days he also went back to sleep for an hour or so after i fed him at 5 or 6. last night he woke once, at 2ish and then at 7 for feeding whch is also pretty amazing and so i am feeling quite good from all the sleep i have had the last few nights. One theory - which i hope isnt true - the nights he did the no feeds in the night coincided with the lack of pooing - what do you think, are they linked? I hope not, I hope he is just learning to sleep longer. he has def learned t settle himself more - it is great... i out him down nearly asleep and he goes to sleep and i hear him wake sometimes and go back to sleep. sooooo cute!
    will have to check out those seats could be good soon - N seems to have good(ish) head control - not long til he can hold it up i reckon!
    how are you all going with cooking? i have ben ok, but making v simple things most nights. yesterday i did a big cook whileDH was home playing w Noah - made canelloni, meatballs, a quiche and some tuna pasta bake for the freezer. so i feel much more organised! i enjoy cooking so it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours.
    I wonder how Queenie is doing???
    And did we ever hear from Mbear - I miss her!

I miss Mbear too!!!

Pregpan, WTG on the cooking! I'm still cruising along with DH cooking some nights, freezer food some nights, and the occasional meal that I make - I'm pretty rigorous about cooking enough for two nights so that the second night is just reheat & eat...slack but my family's not complaining because ironically I'm a better family-meal cook than DH (who is a chef).

Re the smiles, E - who was 8 weeks yesterday - smiles sometimes but they are few and far between - gradually becoming more frequent tho, so just give your girls another week or two, you won't believe the difference it makes!

I have this home video of H at 6 weeks and it's about 45 minutes of her sitting in a chair, occasionally flapping her arms or kicking her legs and not much else ROFL! We thought it was soooo amazing at the time, too! LOL I reckon they don't get really interactive until after the 3 months mark, before then they just need to be held, and cuddled and loved. Then the fun begins!

Getting my haircut today, the hairdresser is super clucky so E will get fussed and ooohed and aaahed over no end!

well my first night alone and i survived lol ash fed at 7:30 went to sleep at 10 lol but didnt wake up again to be fed till 4 and dp did it coz he was hme by then then up at 8:30 hopefully a sign of things to come coz usually she wld have fed round 11:30 as well...
    ww wednesday lol i am dreading the weigh in today dnt think i have done well.. though i always feel like that suppose its so i am not too dissapointed if its bad when i step on the scales lol..
    better go gotta get ready and theres a smelly nappy waiting for me lol
    lol pregpan - how cld u call urself a slacker after all that cooking??? yesterday was the first day i cooked a real meal since the birth lol

Good luck at WW today ladies! I'm in weight loss denial and somehow all the monte carlos in the packet of Arnott's assorted creams have gone missing....

Noni, well done on your first night alone...that'll be me next week when DH goes away!

BTW Jazmum - and the other Yoda HAB wearers LOL - I've been meaning to ask you how you organise your HAB when you're out and about. Do you put it on before you go out the door then just lift H in and out of it when you need to, or do you tie it on when you're about to use it...I'm thinking of errands like the school drop off and popping into the shops where the sling is on and off repeatedly for short periods of time???

If i have to put her in and out a few times I just leave it on MD. Its the latest fashion accessory! LOL Otherwise i have a material, over the shoulder sling i use, quicker but not nearly as comfortable as HAB.

Have to pack today for a flying trip to SA, OMG you need So much more crap when you have a baby?! Might need to use the trailer just to carry it all.

morning all
    good luck at ww today everyone- i think i might start weighing myself every wednesday and post it on here just so i'm not missing out lol
    md- i put the yoda hab on before i leave home and drive to my destination with it on. i spose people must think i'm a strange star wars creature but i don't care- it's definitely easier that way.
    this morning we dtd for the first time since the birth. i was so scared but it was fine. i need reassurance now that you can't get pg while bfing (please!!!) as stupidly we used no contraception. i thought i had af back on monday but it only lasted one day so now i don't think it was af....well, i spose having another little lewis wouldn't be too bad!! lol
    hope you're all having a nice day. might take the dog and lewis out for a walk as it's a nice day here

Happy Birthday Gracie! We also dtd last week without contraception. I had terrible visions of having morning sickness and a 3 month old so I don't think I will be so careless again.

MD, we have heaps of video of Will just laying on the bed 'talking'. I am sure it will bore people in years to come but I wanted to catch all the cute noises.

Smile-wise I think there is a lot of variation between babies. My friend said that her bub didn't smile until 3 months. W was doing the little smiles at 4 weeks, big grins at 5 weeks and started 'talking' at 6 weeks.

thanks artechim!!
    i've been having those visions too!!i'm not ready to go through the birth experience again yet! will have to get onto the mini pill asap i think.

GRACIE!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday darl - hope you have a gorgeous day!!!!

And well done on the birthday b*nk!

Morning Ladies,

Gracie- Happy Birthday and hope you have a wonderful day.

Smiling- Olivia has been smiling for a few weeks now. She loves it when you talk to her.

WW- well I lost 1kg this week so I am very happy with myself. So total loss so far is 2.6kg. Yippeee
    MD- I hope you enjoy your trip to the hairdresser which reminds me I too better book myself in as I have not been back since Olivia was born.

I hope everyone has a great day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACIE

Logan has been smiling for a while now, big gummy grins, so adorable. He is starting to laugh too just little squeaks.

Leanne well doen on the weight loss, thats fantastic. I am really going to have ot get of my butt now and do something, you have inspired me.

MD I am watching afew bumbo's on ebay too, you had better not outbid me lol.

Just had Logan weighed he has out on 100g which is no where near what he usualy does. Told the CHN about the cracked nipples etc and that I only got 5 min out of each side this morning, she said the shields and formula are drying up my supply. She said it can happen really quickly for some people. I had no idea the shields would affect supply, it makes sense though. Going to try exprerssing between feeds and after each feed. Still a little sore though so I will see how I go. Tried to get into the breast feeding clinic but they are pretty busy, seems I am not the only one having problems. Also need to make an appointment with the Dr regarding the bleeding, I am pretty sure it is AF but I may need to go back on the pill if it is going to come every two weeks (have had loads of trouble in the past).

Well I had better go and do soem cleaning while Logan is snoozing. Have a great day.

hayley, dp knows that he either does it or it doesn't get done. he has to live w/ the consequences like no shirt for work. in fact....not ironing either & there's a week's lot to do since MIL left. she was a godsend.
    happy birthday gracie!
    smiles.....max has gorgeous ones...but unfortunately....gas related.
    good luck to all on ww....have to admit, i think i'm already at my pre-preg weight....BUT that's not as good as it sounds coz there's still this thick layer around what used to be waist that wasn't there
    before!!! yikes! how long b4 this goes away?!? oh...not exercising tho bec of c/s....would likely take longer
    leanne great going w/ the weight loss.

katie, sorry to hear you're still having bfeeding problems. lc i saw said nipple shields reduce production to 80%...or something like that. haven't used them since i saw lc. sore bbs tho not cracked or bleeding.
    not sure if i have a win on the bf'ing front. trying to get out of the habit of topping up w/ formula. got through 24 hours w/ just the breast milk and 1 100ml dose of formula last night. now, i worry about whether or not she's getting enough!!! just been popping her on everytime she's unsettled. am going to try going formula-less again today. fingers crossed.

Fianne Good luck reducing the formula. You will be exclusively BF before you know it. I am not giving up yet and will persevere for a little longer. I have decided though that if it keeps hurting then I am just going to put him on formula, I figure it is more important that we are both happy. It has taken me ages to come to that conclussion and be happy with it though, I just dont want to quit.

hi all well i only lost .1 lol a lousy 100 grams pretty dissapointed over here
    leanne - congrats on your weight loss
    waiting for ella to pop on and tell us how she went..
    lol i am watching bumbos too on ebay theres going to be a bumbo war in here lol anyways better go am cooking " lunch/dinner" for dp...
    Gracie, my bday is on sunday and pretty sure you can get pregnant while breastfeeding lol better get out and get that mini pill..

Noni- Thats still a loss so dont be disapointed. Remember me last week. And Happy Birthday for Sunday I hope you had a great day.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast