Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

md looks a bit rough to me lol not sure... did u watch "colic anyone?" with the 5 yr old trying to stop the baby crying?

That's what I thought Noni, but gee that baby sure doesn't seem to mind! Yep, saw colic anyone first, for some reason DH thought it was funny...???

Leanne, that's the main reason I never bet on the horses, however Purple Moon came in second so I'll win like 70c or something! LOL

mmm thats men for you lol
    i watches sumthing called "swearing baby" n it scared the crap out of me had to stop it lol i am such a wuss

Not sure I want to see the swearing baby! There is such a thing as too much Youtube! LOL Did stumble across some clips of babies in these little seats called "bumbos" (never heard of them before) which were pretty cute, like one called Baby Wigs Out! LOL

well md it is not what u expect but i wont wreck it incase u decide to watch lol ivenever been on youtube until u just suggested we look at that thing..

MD I had a look at the Gas thing on you tube, it looked a little rough lol and she didnt actually get the gas out (unless I am watching the wrong clip lol). I wanted to buy a bumbo (a friend reccomended them) but DH said they got recalled the other week as they dont havea warning on them telling parents not to leave child unattended on a high surface in the bumbo. How stupid is that, what is the world coming to when you have to be warned not to leave your child sitting in a seat on top of a bench.

Arte gosh your poor friends, thats such an info overload. Its great that she still has one baby but so sad that she lost one.

Pregpan I am glad Noah has doen a poo. Logan has just stopped going daily and we get some pretty big poo's now when he does do them.

Noni you will be fine tonight. It will be a girls night in at your place, i say break out some chocolate and enjoy some time with Asha or if she is asleep give yourself a bit of pampering.

Renee I feel lucky too and could just watch Logan all day long amazed by how beautiful and special he is.

ETA Oh nuts I was so busy posting I forgot to watch the race.

welcome ange!
    pregpan, had the same worries a couple of weeks ago & midwife tried to reassure me by saying that a poo in 10 days is normal for breastfed babies...gp said same thing (this was for the 10-day appt). and read in a book that 3 days is ok for formula so i figured that if it gets to 7 days, then i'd worry since i do both. anyway, i think she finally went after 6 days so that was definitely a relief for me.
    sherie, where do you get the time and energy!!! must come with practice. have to say, am feeling pretty proud of myself for getting a load in the wash today. first load i've done in 4 weeks. my excuse is that i'm not supposed to anyway (c/s). did today's w/c was light and because of bad weather, am not hanging it outside so don't need to reach up.
    congratulations to all those with their precious ones sleeping through the night. i'm envious. but, have to say, max isn't too bad. slept from about 9 and didn't wake for feed until 2am....last feed was at 7pm so expected her to be up at 11 or midnight but she slept through to 2am. hope she sleeps through the night soon.

oops! a little late on my post....been composing it a while.....in between feeds & stuff....good on 'ya noah!

Rory's got a bumbo!

I dont think ill read the comments under the video's when it comes to baby's on youtube. Gosh people are so bloody rude...and evil! ok...... I cant help myself but its just geting me mad!
    Last edited by reneenay; November 6th, 2007 at 04:18 PM.

Renee does Rory like the bumbo? I want one. Do you think I could use one at Christmas time? Thought it might come in handy.

Good idea for a Christmas prezzie, our babies will be just the right age for trying to sit them up propped like that!

I agree, Renee, I've decided to stop reading the comments too, some ppl must have pretty sad lives if they've got nothing better to do than vandalise a site light that.

Katie, the clip I was looking at you could hear the gas farting out LOL! Seemed to work...don't know that I'd try it though!

Fianne, that's a pretty good sleeping stretch from Max. I read somewhere that they start producing melatonin around the 14 week mark and so the day/night pattern becomes more pronounced aroudn then...fingers crossed hey!

Arte - How horrible for your friends!

AngeA - Welcome!! I was a bit of a late comer to this group, but everyone is so welcoming and full of advice.

Renee - Congrats on Rory's good sleeping habits, gosh he's such a cutie. I often look at Maddie and think how lucky we are to have a healthy baby as well.

Leemar - I cant imagine what it must be like to to be told you cannot have children. I'm so glad it all worked out for you.

Pregpan - Yay for the poo!!

Noni - I'm sure you girls will be fine tonight. Good luck!

Fianne - Wish I could use the CS excuse with the washing...but if I didnt do the washing DP would have no clean work clothes. He is hopeless when it comes to house work. And I didnt have a c section hehe!

Did anyone win any money on the horses today? I went to a Melb cup lunch with Maddie, it was nice but I ate too much.

On the subject of grobags - I was speaking to another new mum today at the lunch, who told me that you can buy cheap grobags from a website called bloom and grow direct. I googled it and quickly checked it out, but didnt have time to compare prices. Have a look if you are interested.

Whats a bumbo anyway?

Hayley, google or go to Youtube and search it. It's a squidgey soft seat for babies.

ETA I want one now!!!
    Last edited by AnyDream; November 6th, 2007 at 05:25 PM.

md - theres quite a few on ebay

Yep, been there Noni, watching some. We've got at least a few weeks until E gets the head control thing sorted out - ie time to snaffle a bargain on eBay! H was able to hold head steady at this age and could even lift her torso clear of the ground completely during tummy time...E not anywhere near that yet!

Sherie- DH is a farmer. We are 'inbetween jobs' at the mo, but generally live in country Vic somewhere. (His family farm is in TAS) Actually going to SA for a job interview this week. Big drive for little L, should be interesting!

HAyley i had a big win today, $3.60.

On the poo subject, can they poo too much? L craps in just about EVERY nappy, and i change her every 3hrs-ish. Mad pooer!

NonieE- wow you did as much this morn as i have done all week. WTG!

Leemar- Men are hopless when they are sick arn't they? My DH is a shocker

Renee- i am jelous of your whole nights sleep! Nice one. They are amazing hey, i find it all a bit overwhelming sometimes. It's a pretty awsome feeling. I am so in love with little L! i am still waiting for real smiles.......

Marydean- a friend showed me that gas 'maneouver' but she wan't as rough as on that clip! We havn't needed to try it, but my friend swears by it.

Melb girls- do you ever meet up?

Oooo those seat things look quite cool.....

Squarker has woken up! catch you all later.

ment to ask too whats the go with smiling?? ash has had 2 or 3 but thats it shes 6wks tmw is she behind?
    md - Ash can hold her head steady but for limited amounts of time, shes lifting herself up at tummy time too but she gets frustrated coz she tries to push herself around but cant get anywhere lol its cute...
    ange - its the most i have done since bubs was born lol

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast