Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #6

Re the bumbos, I should've kept quiet about the Youtube clip until I won one on eBay LOL - I'll be bidding for any that are lilac or pink or other girlie colours...prolly not this week tho.

just been popping her on everytime she's unsettled.
    Fianne, that's the secret to bfeeding success!

Katie, sorry to hear you're still having BFing probs...BTW meant to ask, are you drinking any coffee or tea - the caffeine can suppress your supply as well - so if you are, it might be a good idea to go decaf for a while. Good luck with the expressing - i hope it helps with the soreness too. I agree the most important thing is that you are both happy but preferably when the time is right for you, so you're not disappointed KWIM?

Noni, a loss is better than no loss or a gain - so keep it up and you'll get there eventually.

Fianne - in a CS they pull your tummy muscles apart to get to the uterus so yes your tum might be a different shape for a while, good idea to go to physio exercise classes through your hospital if you can. I'm looking at starting mine next week (wound has to heal up first before you can start tho).

ETA - meant to say the hairdresser today gave me a raving recommendation for an osteopath, said to work wonders for reflux and unsettledness, going to give it a shot.

Watch out you sure can get preggers while BFing!! You can even get preggers BFing and on the minipill as well which just freaky-deaks me right out, the sooner DH goes to the vet the better IMO!

MD- Iagree with you about DH going to the Vet quick smart. I was just looking for the phone number. lol...

thank you so much for all your birthday wishes!!and noni- happy bday for sunday. so you're a scorpio too huh??
    just got $100 cash in the mail from mil! nice

MD - I know you don't want to hear it, but have you tried cutting out sugar? Apparently it upsets quite a few babies. Will was so unsettled and grumpy with reflux but the past week since I stopped treating myself to lots of yum things he has been so much happier. I had a sugar free day last tuesday, he slept a bit better that night and by wednesday was feeling much better so it would only take a couple of days to find out if that is a cause. I am sure you have already ruled out diet causes, just a thought since it solved our problems (well, solved his - I am left with nothing yummy to eat).

Arte - I hear you, and in theory if it's sugar-related then that should be taken care of by a low-GI diet (which is my goal anyway - getting closer every day). It is definitely reflux tho (and not just gassy unsettledness) as we get all the liquid gurgling sound effects. The osteo is still a good idea as she has had a clicky noise in her shoulder since birth (three paeds examined her in hospy - all said nothing wrong). However, I'm pretty sure we'll get success in the end as a result of a combination of several factors, kwim?

MD both you and Sherie are so wise and encouraging (all you ladies are). I love that I have a place to come to where evryone is so supportive. You girls rock!

Gracie – LOL at yoda hab … now I know why people are staring at me when I wear it Happy birthday, wish u all the best. This must be a good week, purple moon came second … not that I put any money in

Noni, happy bday to you too! My friend has a bumbo seat and his son looks so cute in it. Way to go with surviving your first night!

Sherie, sorry but I pronounced our name the other way around too. Our bathroom is a bit old, but it’s clean. So yeah, it might need some redecoration or something, but it’s not that urgent iykwim … it can wait until William’s bigger.

They didn’t finish it properly on Monday so we only have a minimum toilet and no bath/shower at all. Plus they’re not working yest and today because of Melb cup. We ended up going to the pool yesterday, at least we can take a decent bath there.
    Just found out that W loves the sound of water. So this is second on his list now, the first one is the sound of my hairdryer … he absolutely in love with it LOL

Btw, he is also in 00 nows, cant believe that we bought 0000 before … it wouldn’t even fit him when he was just born LOL

Ange, have never been to Agnes Water, do you recommend it for holiday? I think 'Luella' is really unique Good luck on the trip and packing!

Marydean, I also love Ben, he is really talented and yeah kinda cute Too bad he got voted out. Now I’d probably go for Matt or Natalie. Glad that your wound is better, with summer approaching it wont be good to be sick at all
    With hab, I put it before driving or going out. .Just remember to readjust/tighten it a little bit cause it can get pretty loose sometimes

Katie, in the last 2 weeks W comes to bed with me and DH. He sleeps better apparently and so is DH. Hope this wont turn to a habit though. Sorry to hear about the BF problem, just wondering though … the short feeds, would that be related to shields or AF? Read something on the thread that AF can also affects BF. Hope you heal soon

Arte, sorry to hear about your friends lost, on the other hand there’s always light at the end of the tunnel so hopefully things will be okay with the other baby

Leanne. I am so touched by your story, you’ve been through a lot! It’s amazing I also feel blessed with my bundle of joy and you have three

Pregpan, good to hear everything’s sorted out with the poo thing. I agree with you, they can definitely smile with their eyes!

W has been smiling quite a lot and.he also into cooing and conversation atm. Funny how sometimes he smiles when he sees the boobs LOL
    Ladies, I’m sure the smile’s just a matter of days and definitely worth the wait!

Fianne, good luck with the BF/FF. Sounds like you’re doing a great job last 24hr

Well done ladies on the weight loss! I have been meaning to get some exercise but hasn’t done it yet … oh well might need to push myself a bit more

ETA Marydean, good luck with the osteopath. Let us know how it go
    Last edited by spring_ag; November 7th, 2007 at 03:23 PM.

lol Asha likes hi 5 isnt that the cutest??? it came on and shed been unsettled and i noticed she was trying to look so i put her bouncer infront of it and shes been so wide eyed lol must be all the colours and singing,, lol hope i am not turning her into a couch potato already haha...
    agnes - how big was he when he was born?? Asha was 7lb 2 or 3.2kgs.. last time we got her weighed she was up to 4kg and she is still comfortably in alot of 0000 clothes, wondersuits shes 000 but theres only one other 0000 thing that dosn't fit her lol i can see it getting tighter but it still fits.. do i have a tiny baby here??
    arte - sorry you have to cut out sugar again
    md - thanks for the encouragement... looking at ebay i dnt knw if its much cheaper than buying a new one (they are 40us new on the bumbo site)
    leanne - thanks i know its still a loss but the lady wasnt very nice to me lol she was like well you lost .1 i suppose you'll get there eventually... could be good for motivation though makes me wanna lose 5kgs in a week lol not to good for the self esteem though...
    katie - i agree!! dnt knw where i would be without bb!!!

Noni, he was 3.5kg not that big but just wont fit in the 0000 wondersuit no matter what we tried. Last time we weigh him he was more than 5kg and that’s like 2-3 weeks ago

LOL on hi5, I also love their music

Just got an email to say Babies Galore have 10-30% off store wide, I had alook and the bumbo's are reduced to $72.

Aaaw, thanks Katie, You rock too!!!

OMG Hi 5 - I hated them last time and no doubt will hate them again this time LOL!

Noni, I'm confused, was it your birthday already (and I missed it) or is it coming up this sunday??

Agnes, I'd like to see Natalie and Matt having a sing-off at the opera house, just haven't ever liked the navy boy - I think all the middle aged defence housewives who are missing their men are voting for him!!

md - coming up (rememberence day)
    katie - wish i had some money lol always the way the sales come and i am broke
    agnes - wondersuits are one size smaller then other clothes ash is in 000 wondersuit 0000 clothes

MD - Good question about the HAB. I didnt even think about putting it on at home before going out. Could just imagine everyone having a gawk at me and wondering what on earth I'm doing! I got mine in the mail yesterday, still trying to get the hang of putting it on. It is quite comfy. And I'm going for Natalie!

Noni - Hi 5 are excellent, I always find myself singing along to their songs! And a loss is better than a gain.

Gracie - Happy birthday, hope you have an excellent day!

Ozstar - Sorry to hear you are having issues with the BF. I have no advice for you, sorry, but I hope you can get it all sorted soon.

Fianne - Good luck with going 'formula less'!

Good on you both for perservering with the BF, I'm sure you will get there eventually. Did you see the news today, they are saying breast feeding is really good for brain development or something along those lines. Excellent news for BFing mothers.

Wow i'm still too scared to dtd, I had stitches and though I'm sure they have healed (too scared to look) i'm just very nervous about it all. Off to the doc tomorrow for my 6 wk check up, so i'm going to organise some contraception. The hospital gave me the mini pill, but now that I'm not BF I'm just going to go on a normal pill...preferably the one that makes your boobies bigger! Jk.

We went to a mothers group today and it was excellent. Everyone was so nice. I tried out a baby bjorn there as well and was very impressed. I've got a voucher for Myer so I may get one. I know I have the HAB, but DP wants to 'wear' Maddie but doesnt like the look of the HAB.

Stupid interest rates went up as well! It doesnt affect us majorly, but still with me not working and our bloody massive mortgage (seems massive to me anyway) every extra dollar we have counts.

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for the lovely congratulations and wishes - really makes me feel lovely
    Miss S is just beautiful - we are completely besotted and in awe of this little precious creature sent to enrich our lives. The little corners of her mouth turn up at times in what really seems to be a smile, and isn't acompanied by loud farts or gurgles! I am also in awe of my body - after the incredibly quick labour the milk has come in big time, leaving us with engorgement issues and leaking EVERYWHERE but after getting some good advice and a management plan from one of the midwives we're hoping everything settles down soon. Am sitting up in bed typing this with 2 icepacks stuffed into my bra!
    I'll try to type up a proper birth story but here's a quick precis: prelabour intensified on the Wed, slowe down Thurs/Fri, contractions returned a bit Fri night, then at 3am Sat am my waters broke after a 5 minute long painful contraction. We called the hospy who wanted an update by 7am, then put the TENS on and DH slept and I didn't quite! Cx didn't really establish a pattern but by 6.45 were getting intense enough and seemed to be roughly 3 mins apart for us to call the hospy back. We got there at 7.30 and I was expecting to be told to go home again, but after the CTG trace the cx came every 5 mins. I breathed, paced, rocked to music and used the TENS, and DH practised massaging my back, shoulders and hips, and let me lean into his body; I started feeling an incredibly strong bond with him. From there I started using the fitball and leaning over the bed; at around 10.15 or so I realised I needed a bit more relief and tried the lowest dose of gas. One of my obs' partners arrived (I'd already met her antenatally and felt really comfortable with her) at 10.30 and did a VE which showed I was 3-4 cm and fully effaced and the baby was lateral but turning; she thought I'd probably deliver some time in the afternoon. We discussed options for future pain relief as things were getting even more intense and reasonable progress was considered 1cm dilation an hour - meaning potentially 7 hours to go! I kept on with the gas but the contractions became absorbing and even stronger; at 11.00-11.10 we called the midwife in and after more discussion I asked for an epidural, reasoning that pethidine would only wear off and leave me in even more pain. Fortunately (in our case) it being a weekend the anaesthetist was on call and it took her half an hour to get there! In that time there was virtually no break between contractions, I was totally absorbed, signing to DH for things I needed and just trying to get my body through. By the end I found I needed to cry out at the high point if only to communicate with DH, and was thinking there was no way I could get through it if this was what the pain was like at 3-4 cm; it was all-consuming. They increased the gas level slightly (finally) and as the anaesthetist walked in the room at around 11.40-45 I started to really grunt and groan and felt (you guessed it) an urge to poo/push and something moving down! I managed to get the mouthpiece out enoughto say I thought I'd just pooed and wee-ed and bled and sorry; they checked but it was a massive show. I then realised I could feel something there and immediately wanted to push and told them; the midwife was doubtful but the anaesthetist said she thought they'd better do an internal. They helped me onto the bed and lo and behold, 10cm! Then the head, and I could start pushing! At that point the "pain" became a lberating force and one or two pushes later she was crowning. They told me to feel her head and it was wonderful. Then I panted under instruction and her head came out; the pain I'd expected to feel was unnoticeable above the satisfaction of pushing and the exhilaration. The relief was terrific. DH told me with tears in his eyes to look down - and there was her head, with a little hand beside it! One push later she was born on the stroke of noon; the ob didn't even have time to get into the room! She was laid on my stomach, warm and slippery and the most beautiful thing we'd ever seen. She was blue to start with from the speed of the delivery and needed a little go with the oxygen pump but all was fine from there. Certainly nothin wrong with her lungs in a few minutes' time! The Seeing DH there cradling her was the most wonderful sight of my life.
    The last day or two have been pretty rough with the hormones and milk coming in, but she is perfect and DH is incredible. All should improve soon.
    gotta go and shower the milk off me and eat dinner - hope everyone else is well. Talk soon xxxx

Thats awesome Queenie, bought tears to my eyes. Sounds like such an emotional birth.

Cant wait for to see some pictures.

Yay, glad it went so well for you Queenie. Hope that all the hormone/milk issues settle soon.

Brought tears to my eyes also Queenie. Big congrats to you and DH!

Queenie - glad it went so well for you.

Ventured out today with K in the Bjorn, was so easy to do a quick dash into the shops rather than bothering with the pram.

MD and Pregpan - where are the mothers rooms / change rooms in Woden and Canberra Centre. I'm heading up next week and want to be prepared!!

Had to change DD today on the floor of the ladies room at a cafe today.

Pretty successful few days here. Have done all the housecleaning and this morning managed to bake some cookies!! Quiet day tomorrow, car needs a service so K and I have to stay at home because DH has to take it in and that is the one with the capsule.

Sounds like DD is ready for her last feed. Hopefully she settles down for the night after this.

Sleeping vibes to all those little babies out there (and their mums!!)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast