Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/0r Metformin ~ January 2006

Jo I wish you all the best with your IUI. Just know that we are here to support you and I wish you a BFP very soon.

BG How cute those little kitty fur babies sound. I love the name "Dixie" too. What a busy house hold you'll be living in soo. How many puppy fur babies do you have? I have a 6 year old black lab named "Mako" hence my username lol. He is the light of mine and dh's lives

BW I'm sorry that you've had a rough time with the bleeding.I hope you are better now. How is everything going at school?

Emmydee Hi sweety how are you going? I hope all is well with you.

As for me I've been having problems with my computer and every time I do a post I loose it and my computer turns itself off. GRRRRR How annoying. I'm hanging in there with the tww however it does seem to be dragging on this time round.

Life here is plodding along. The bleeding is a lot more settled - it's more that annoying tail end of your period bleeding, where it just won't completely stop, but it's just there. Huge relief to not be panicking about leaks, though! I'm starting to be not so completely and utterly exhausted at the end of the day now, which is good. Still have a way to go until I'm fully recovered, but I can feel myself bouncing back.

Work is going ok - although the first time I see one of my classes will be the very last period of the week! Most of my classes seem pretty ok - have some students from last year that gave me some grief, but once we got in to doing some work, they were a heap better, so it's looking pretty encouraging. I told my HOD about the IVF today, which now brings me to 8 people at the school who know... I had wanted to keep it to a smaller number, but everyone so far has been really supportive.

Tomorrow it will be only one more week until the next FS appointment! It's come around so quickly!

BW

hi all

Jo, glad you're getting so close to your IUI - i'm hoping for a good result for you

BW - it's good to hear that you're feeling better and that your students seem to be behaving a little better this year. maybe they all grew up a little over the summer break (here's hoping!) - i know it's hard to share with people at about work what's going on, but you should have a really supportive network then for this year, so it (hopefully) should balance itself out.

Mako - so sorry to hear about your computer misbehaving itself - how rude of it!! when is your TWW up?

as for our furbaby managerie - here goes! we have one bunny rabbit Midnight (a lop eared dwarf who came to visit form my brothers house in june 2005 cos they ran out of grass, and has never gone home - he was only a few months old at the time) - we also have 4 dogs - had six for a while last year (DH had 2 when we got together, i had 2, then DH's brother passed away so we inherited his 2)! jack and whisky are cattle dogs 7 or 8 years old (bundy & susie - they're parents - both died last year of old age, which was really hard) - then there's teejaye and mini me - my chihuhua cross babies - they're mum died of milk fever when they were six days old (devastating) so my mum and i hand raised my girls and their 5 brothers and sisters (hmmm, i've had the maternal instinct for a little while). those two sleep inside at night cos they're too sooky to stay out, and i wouldn't have it any other way - i love all of my furbabies - including the ones on their way - but i am getting decidedly impatient waiting for a human one to put in an appearance!

as for me - having a shocker today - isn't it always the way that when one thing goes wrong, everything does? DH came home from work last night complaining that his foot was a bit sore - took his boot off to find a nice amount of swelling. took him to DR this morning - and he's either been bitten by a spider or suffering a nasty bout of gout. on top of that, i'm having the worst flare up of IBS i've ever had - and i'm so uncomfortable! my tummy is so crampy - tried to get to dr with DH but they were so overly booked i couldn't - a little worried that (aside from the obvious upset tummy) i have a distinct crampish pain on the right side of my tummy... the whole thing got so bad earlier that i was bawling with the pain, but seems to have settled down a little... not having a good day at all.

bring on the FS appointment tomorrow, then i'm going to try to get myself squeezed in with a GP - even if i have to go to another clinic. tonight i'm planning on just sitting back and relaxing - and maybe trying to eat a little.

emmydee Guest

BG -- goodness, are you okay? that sounds just awful. i hope you're feeling better now. I guess bad things happen all at once, so now that you've got that out of the way, you should have some major good luck coming your way soon! What are you discussing with your FS tomorrow (apologies if you already told us before)?

Mako -- how are you??? holding up okay during the 2 ww? that has always been a difficult time for me in the past -- going crazy wondering if this or that is a pregnancy symptom.

BW -- I'm glad to hear the bleeding is ending!

As for me, I think I already mentioned that I'm starting clomid next week. I'm beginning to start feeling anxious about TTC again. When we were taking our break, I kind of relaxed a bit, even started feeling that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we didn't get pregnant, we could adopt. But now that we're starting up TTC again, planning an IUI, I'm getting all anxious, just wishing that I was pregnant already! It's so hard when everyone around you seems like they're getting pregnant at the drop of a hat!

BG You poor chook.Like you said if its not one thing its another. I hope your tummy is feeling better today and I hope your dh's foot is a little better too. Good on you for taking suck great care of those furbabies.I hope the realise how lucky they are lol. We rescued our boy too just over 3 years ago. He found his way to our friends house twiceand each time he did he stayed at our house until we found his owner. When we did all she could do was complain about what a handful he was as he kept escaping and was ready to put him down. When I was told this I then made it known that I'd take him and care for him. He hasn't even attempted to run away from our place even if the gates open he just comes up and stands at the front door as if to say "well let me in because this is where I am and I know that I shouldn't be here"lol.
    My tww should be over anytime between next Monday and Wednesday. My last cycle was 33 days and my previous ones since taking clomid have been 35 days. So this covers both cycle lengths. I won't be testing before then either as I really don't like seeing BFN's.
    Good luck with your appointment today.

hi All

well, things are going a little better today - i'm on the blandest diet i can find for myself - and only eating what i absolutely have to (if i could, i'd not eat, but DH would kick my butt for missing a meal - he's very good at making sure my blood sugars stay where they should be) - anyway - not as much pain today, but still really uncomfy - finally got to see my GP - and walked out with a script for cream for $55 and told to relax at home for a couple of days cos it's not going to settle down on it's own - have to wait for the torn skin to heal itself - yay (NOT)! Thankfully, the anti-inflammatories they gave DH seem to have worked on his foot - he's still hobbling around a bit, but getting around much better and ready to take himself off to work this afternoon. i guess that means his problem must be gout...

FS appointment went really well this morning (apart from the fact i was in so much pain that i nearly passed out on him - oops!) - start on injections tomorrow - and in for BT next Friday - they're talking about IUI as early as the end of nest weekend - OMG! got DH's SA results - his count is on the low side, but motility is good, and because we're going through IUI and the sample will be cleaned, they're not at all concerned about it. So, i guess it's all go - and now i'm feeling mega excited but scared stiff at the same time - not good! oh well - it's a good kind of scared, so i guess i'll deal with it all.

Hey there,

BG - glad to hear you are a little better today & everything is sounding really + for you.
    Hopefully the IUI will be all you need, just a little shove which is what we are hoping to.

I had another b/t today but when I phoned for results they said go for another one tomorrow, however she said I was really close so I am expecting maybe Saturday to be the go.

Jo

Hi Jo - at least you're getting close - and Saturday is only a couple of days - it will fly by!

i am really hoping that the IUI is a one off thing and all goes well. spoke to nurse at the clinic today, and she was saying, based on our results, we probably won't be put through IUI more than once, maybe twice - my PCOS is too severe. anyway, they are going to put us into IVF more quickly if need be. i have seen so many ladies on here that have been through multiple attempts at IUI - i found it weird, but also kinda relieved - id they feel i may not work for us, at least they're taking positive steps for us. they think there's a higher chance of me hyperstimulating, so have to monitor that careully, but should be all good.

BG, that's one thing that my FS talked about, too. He prefers PCOS women to skip IUI and go straight to IVF as we apparently respond a little oddly to the injections and tend to get what he called a "multifollicular response". It's apparently quite hard for us to only get the 1-3 eggs needed for IUI. In the end, I would have probably tried IUI first as well, but DH's sperm is so bad that ICSI is our only option.

BW

thanks bw - i was starting to think there was something more wrong with me that they weren't telling me and that's why they were talking about jumping to IVF. i really wasn't in the right state to be taking important details in this morning...

Jo How exciting for you, the time will hopefully fly by and Saturday will be here before you know it. I have everything crossed that this works for you

BG I'm pleased that you are a bit better today and that your appointment went well. Good luck with the injections sweety. I do hope they aren't too bad for you. It's great that your clinic isn't going to muck you around in the future iykwim. I really do hope this is all going to have a very happy ending for you real soon

BW how are you going hun? Has the bleeding stopped yet? I can't believe its only 1 week until your next appointment

Bleeding hasn't quite stopped yet, mako - but it's back to being more that horrible, annoying red-brown smudge that seems to lurk around forever at the end of AF. I start taking the pill again tonight, and from memory, that usually stops things pretty quickly.

BG, it doesn't mean the IUI is hopeless - you never really know how you are going to respond until they try it. I feel like my last post may have come across as being kinda negative - I'm so tired I wasn't thinking much beyond giving you the info! But as with all things with PCOS, just because you have it, doesn't mean it will happen for you... look at me - severe PCOS with none of the normal symptoms!

BW

don't fret BW - i didn't take it as a negative thing - i was actulaly grateful to hear that someone else had been given similar advice. i know they're concerned about OHSS (due to a number of follicles stimulating but at different levels through the cycle) and they have a little more control with the IVF - i probably would have asked more this morning, but going to an appointment like that on only about 3 hours sleep really isn't a good idea!

i think they're looking at a few factors, like they did with you. my pcos, DH having a low-ish sperm count... i think i just wanted confirmation that someone else had been told something similar seeing so many of the girls on here have been through multiple cycles of IUI.

Hi all,

Well tomorrow is the day for our IUI!
    Was really nervous when I phoned for results today but I knew it would be tomorrow because I have had so much EWCM today so well see.
    I will let you know what it's like when I get home.
    Hope everyone is ok.

Jo

Jo how exciting this time must be for you.I hope all went well for you today hun and I hope you end up with a BFP in 2 weeks time.

BW It's great to have someone around who has soooo much knowledge about what we are all going through. I don't ever see anything as a negative here as we are all learning about what goes on iykwim.

BG How are you going hun? Are you feeling better?

Hi to emmydee and Ktgirl( I know you are taking a break but I'll say Hi anyway) I hope you're all ok.

As for me I've decided that I won't be testing until atleast Friday next week. I've been a bit cranky at times and have had tingling BB's for the last couple of days. So who knows what's going on. I would think af is on her way by the crankiness but the BB business has me a little confused as they usually only get very sore the week before af.Oh well only time will tell.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

Hi all,

Mako - Hope for you that the tingling BBs are a good sign for you, hope the week flys by for you.

Just thought I'd let you know that my IUI went well today, not as scary as I thought it would be.
    The sperm sample was pretty impersonal but I was aloud to go in with Dh so at least I was there for him.
    Then the actual insemination was like a pap smear except they really open up your cervix & then insert the cathider which was filled with lots of swimmers apparently so now I just have to wait two weeks to see if it worked although the lady told me not to get my hopes up too much as it doesn't always work which I know anyway.

Have a great weekend!
    Jo

Hey there, I fogot to say that 95% of Dh swimmers were moving rapidly so that was great, Dh felt pretty proud about that fact!

Also this morning I had very noticable cramps on one side (obviously this was my egg releasing) but I don't normally get it that intense does anyone know if that would be because of the chlomid.

I also forgot to ask the Dr if we should be bding as much as possible for the rest of the day because I'm not sure if it disturbs the nice washed sperm, probably not but we are having people over tonight so probably wont get time to dtd anyway.

Jo

HI Jo - so glad things went well for you today. i know that i'm kinda worried about everything with the IUI for the first time - i guess i'm just really nervous and self counscious (gotta get over that one in a big hurry, huh?). as for BD'ing after IUI - my clinic nurse was explaining about the washing of DH's sample for the IUI the other day, and i jokingly said "gee, it's so romantic, isn't it" - and she said not to worry - cos we HAD to BD the next day - more than once if possible! yay for me - DH wakes up for work at 5 - and he doesn't normally get any action in the mornings - he definitely took notice of that bit of info! Hope that helps! i'm hoping so uch that this works for you - and that your TWW just flies by (hehehe - being a little selfish there - if your TWW flies, mine won't be too far behind!)

Mako - thanks for asking - feeling a lot better than i was a few days ago, but still far from perfect. AF decided to show her face the same days as all my other issues started last week (lucky me) - and i always get a nastier stomach upset when she visits - so im still feeling nice and bloated - and hating every second of it! on the upside, we picked up our new furbabies last night, so about to go and post in the WOO HOO's about them!

i started my injections last night for the IUI - DH was sitting very intently beside me, waiting for me to freak out and ask him to do it for me (no matter how many times i said i'd be fine!) - all went well and, thankfully, painlessly. only seven more days til testing to see if it's working!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast