Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ April 2009

erybery - Congratulations on having a girl!! I'm so glad the CVS results came back with good news . I know you still have a way to go but I'm that there is no heart defect and that your little princess is as healthy as can be.

Mel - So sorry you have been feeling down . When I read your post I wished that I lived closer to you so that I could pop round with a big piece of chocolate cake and a shoulder. But you always have a cyber shoulder if you need. Tell DH that I said he needs to give you lots of cuddles. I hope things are looking a little brighter for you today.

BBL for more persies.....Mum is here to pick me up for some retail therapy.

Hannah - Thanks for thinking of me. The chocolate cake was delicious If I am ever in Adelaide I will definitely look you up! Feeling a bit better each day, coming up to o so I think that helps as I am not just sitting around waiting (iykwim?). DH has been giving me lots of cuddles, I am very lucky. How are you feeling now? Hope you enjoyed that retail therapy

erybery - What great news! Defintely sounds like your little girl is a fighter. that the appointment with the counsellor goes well and all the test results are are as great as the ones you just received!

Boble - I personally would do both but if you are unsure about the tests in Sydney maybe you give acupuncture a go for a while and decide in a month or two. Good luck with your decision

Sally - Hope your dream comes true!

charm - Hope your back feels better soon and AF eases

jen - Don't apologise for being busy, you are always here for us and should take some time out for yourself! Even though I bet you are using your time helping others! Forgot to say the other day, I remember those scratch and smell stickers. I think we are all showing our age now

rhi - Funerals are always so hard but hopefully it was a celebration of his life to provide you with some comfort.

meh - Sending some NO AF vibes!

cherished1 - Welcome back to TTC. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Big hugs to everyone else.

erybery--I'm SO happy that your CVS results came back all clear for chrom. probs! And a little girl--I'm thrilled for you! Saying lots of prayers for continued progress and normal test results! Best of luck on Mon. with the genetic counselor. It's truly such a blessing to see you feeling some positivity during this time! And thanks for you 'moderator' comment--what a huge compliment!

andy--Sending you some AF vibes, AF vibes, AF vibes!!

megsmum--Thanks again for the link to your u/s pic! Just for future reference, I'm NEVER too down to see my fishy friend's u/s pic! It's amazing how well you can see her features when she's still inside you--technology is great!

WTH--I had to snoop to see that beautiful avi of yours! (picture a smiley shaking it's finger at you!) Isn't it about time you show her off around here?!?! Besides, we need an update!

Possums--I'm glad that you finally got some answers from your test results, and that there's treatment for it. Like Rhi said, 'knowledge is power'.... it's hard to progress and be proactive when you don't even know there's a problem, so I'm relieved for you that you'll be able to continue moving forward towards a hopeful future!

Big hello's and for smi, charm, sally, & mrzbaby!

MO3B--Hey twinnie! You should NEVER feel worthless and insignificant! You are such a vital part of my life, and you don't even realize it! I luv you my sexy, kinky cyber twin goddess! One of these days we're actually going to get to meet each other face-to-face.... don't you doubt it!

boble--Your chart is moving along nicely! Isn't it ridiculously exciting seeing those lines on your chart? Since you asked for it, I'm going to tell you what I would do... I say go along with the testing.... I'm going to repeat again what Rhi said... "knowledge is power".... even with negative results, at least you would know for sure.... I think it's worth the money if it gives you peace of mind! *hugs*

OMG, this is taking longer than I thought! I have to get DS ready for school, so will have to finish persies later! Thinking of you all!

Jen- Make sure your taking time out for yourself in your busy schedule!

erybery- Congrats on your little girl! I'm so happy for you. I am praying her little heart is perfect.

Charm-I hope your back feels better soon.

Rhi-Big hugs! I hope your uncle's funeral goes well. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers/

Sally-That has to be a sign! I pray that you get your forever baby soon.

boble-Right now I am trying natural ways to TTC. We are hoping that works before trying other methods. HTH.

meh-I hope you get your forever baby soon. I know its hard to try not to be so consumed TTC.

cherished-chucking lots of baby dust your way!

to HannahD, Mel, Coco, megsmum, possums, mrzbaby, MO3B, smilanatu, and andy.

Sorry to anyone I missed.

Ruthie if your lurking I am praying for you. Please let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it.

Back to finish...

AFM- I have been so busy packing things to move into our new home... AF is slowing up which I am very glad for. I am hoping that this is our month moving into the house and getting pregnant. I had a bad day yesterday my sisters friend is pregnant AGAIN! She has 4 kids and doesn't take care of any of them. Its so frustrating. Sorry for my rant I must get back to work!

Sending lots of and

erybery OMG that is just wonderful news so happy for you!!!!

Sally it's totally a sign YAY Can't wait to see a BFP from you after you get back!!!

Just a quicky for now am off to work soon, and after that DH and I are back in ttc mode with a massage, dinner & a movie out, than back home for more wine and a spa YAY We both feel ready physically and emotionaly so thanks for all you baby dust and I will have my fingers crossed too

Hello to everyone else

Jen - No worries at all fishy friend! I'm so glad you liked it, it showed heaps of bubs face didn't it? But as always, hoping that all us fishes will be together in PAML soon Here's some vibes! She hasn't arrived yet has she?!

erybery - That's wonderful news!! And congrats on your little girl. Will that everything from here on goes normally, heaps and heaps of good luck to you!

and to everyone else!

sally - I just want to respond to a post from a couple of days ago. I don't think grief is denied in general. But thats what makes m/c so lonely. I lost my father almost 13 years ago and people don't think anything of it if I still have days when I miss him. But with m/c, I was the only one aware of the physical presence of my baby. All our hopes and dreams for our future lives and our babies have been lost, but I don't think people understand unless they have been through it. With the loss of my dad, everything changed. With the loss of my baby, nothing changed. Except me. And people don't really understand that. One of my friends was actually more upset that I didn't tell her I was pregnant in the first place, than she was about my loss. At least we can come on BB and be among those who do understand. I hope your dream comes true

Eliza - I'm so glad you are feeling refreshed after your time away. Sometimes withdrawing from the world can be just what the heart and soul need to recover. I hope it lasts for you.

charm - I hope the physio helps with the back pain.

Rhi - I understand the feeling of being in competition to get pregnant. Especially after a loss. We've had an extra challenge(s) on our journey to getting our forever babies, that it makes it hard to hear of other people having easy, uneventful conception and pregnancies. It doesn't make us horrible and negative though. I tell myself that I am happy for them (I wouldn't wish this upon anyone) but that I'm just more sad for me and thats okay. I was thinking of you yesterday. I hope your uncle's funeral was an opportunity to celebrate his life .

cherished - I'm glad you have an answer. And what a great gyno to explain everything to you (sometimes doctors think they don't need to explain, like their opinion should be enough). It makes sense too. Goodluck sweetie. I hope you get a BFP soon.

meh - Sending heaps of vibes your way. I hope your TWW isn't much longer.

boble - I would do both. As Rhi and jen have said, even if the testing all comes back negative, that is still useful information. If you are really unsure about spending the money, maybe give the acupuncture a go for a couple of months first.

Mel - Glad you enjoyed the cake. And I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I hope you catch that eggie this month. I came across something the other day....The 4 stages of the menstrual cycle are Menses, Enthusiasm, Optimism and Anxiety. It definitely is easier to cope during the Enthusiastic and Optimistic phases.

jen - You're so busy, I hope you are taking care of yourself too. If I have to do my homework, so do you (there's that smilie wagging a finger at you ).

Shortcake - Hope the packing is going smoothly. Moving house could be just the thing to revitalise you. A way of starting over, I guess.

megsmum, smi, WTH, fifi, mrzbaby, andy, possums, erybery, MO3B, Ruthie, angel1&2, babymiracles, mollycat and anyone I missed.

AFM - Still ticking along. Shopping with Mum last night was a lot of fun. She bought 4 pairs of shoes! Plus I have now completed my outfit for my cousin's wedding on Easter Saturday. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about seeing that side of the family. Particularly since the cousin getting married is the brother of the cousin that upset me just before Christmas (not sure if some of you who were here then remember). But I will look fabulous, so what else matters? Better get back to work. Hope you all have a great Friday.

Default OPK's

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted in such a long time. I still think of you all and lurk from time to time. Our little man is doing really well, can't believe he is almost 3 & 1/2 months old already - time is flying. DH and I are moving house in a few week and I found some midstream OPK's in my bathroom cupboard. They don't expire until Apr 2010 and I have 11 of them, this was the only type of OPK that actually worked for me. I used them the month we conceived Sam so I hope they are lucky ones - would anyone like them, free to good home? I will post them to you if you want to let me know your address (in Aus).

Big Hugs for everyone.

Hey all,

Charm - Is it AF or spotting? I had some spotting between m/c & two af's.

erybery - Congratulations! That is fantastic news.

Cherished - I want one of those nights! Glad you are feeling much better.

Hannah - Yay! for retail therapy. I don't think I had 'met' you when you had the cousin issue??

Thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts re: my uncles funeral. It was definately a celebration of his life. The eulogy was said by a friend and it was well written.

Just got back from the Naturopath. I think I am out this month because she has given me more tablets for my ovaries, saying that they need lots of stimulation. Great, was hoping for a BFP and no more tww's. I'll come back on the weekend

Hello to Jen, Mel, Shortcake, megsmum, ajc and all the lurkers!

Hi everyone

AJC thakns for the offer on the OPK sticks... I have about 50of them still... I had just purchased a whole batch and got pg on that cycle,I'm sure one of the girls will love them Congrats on your little boy hope the house move is a good one for you.

Hannah enjoy all of your shoes!!!

Shortcake I hear you on those woman who have kids they don't even look after! So annoying especially when they are under age!

Boble I would do everything all at once Accupuncture shouldn't interfere with anything else you want to do. I get chiropractic, massage & accupuncture all at the same time AND if you had anything from a natroupath or other medication there i no reason you can't do it all at once. How long have you been ttc? (sorry if I have missed it in a previous post or on your signature) $1500 is lots on money but if you are at your wits end and been ttc for ages I would totally get it done, you will know what to do HTH

Jen my chart is up now so feel free to stalk hehehehhe It may be a bit wonkey at first cause if the date of the D&C was the first day of the last period (kinda.....) I would be ovulating now.... Anyway I will keep an eye on cm & temp and will hopefully o at some stage over the next week or 2 YAY

Rhichichi... Just saw your post after I submitted min.... That sucks! xoxox

Default +OPK

Rhi It is just random spotting when it happened 2 days in a row I thought it was Af but i just did a OPK and it was Positive so I am very excited I think the spotting maybe ovulation spotting I did some research lol so I am still in the running for this month I had been down about it all week no I feel very happy.

Thanks everyone I do hope the physio works as I hope to be TTC ASAP but I dont want or need back pain all through a pregnancy so I will do my excercises and back to physio next wed I feel very excited today as my DH works evenings but it's friday so I hope this weekend will be the one Have a good friday everyone I have to run it's stormy and raining and I have washing on the line.

Boble - I just wanted to let you know that I would personally have all the tests done if you can afford it. We have been lucky enough to be able to afford all the tests we have been through as well as my op. I've never sat down to add it up but it would now be in the thousands and that is without IVF! We were willing to have it all done though because at the end of the day we didn't want to try for another 6-12 months when there could be something preventing us that a test could have told us. We were lucky, they found a problem and it was able to be fixed but even if they hadn't at least we knew once and for all. I don't think you can put a price on peace of mind, good luck

HannahD - But how many pairs of shoes did you buy? I have to say what you wrote to Sally is so true and you put it so well. Sometimes it is so hard to explain to someone that hasn't been through it.

charm - Hope you catch that eggie!

cherished - Enjoy your night out with DH

Rhi - Glad the funeral went well

AJC & Megsmum - Hi!

Sorry, have to go now but will try to come back later. Brought some nice wine and cheeses on the way home from work so I'm looking forward to snuggling up on the couch with DH

Rhi - I've found the post I wrote on the day my cousin upset me the week before Christmas. Things got a bit out of control that day and I know I share the blame for that. I just feel anxious about seeing her because I feel like she's expecting me to be 'broken'. She's never once just asked me how I'm doing.

I've hit bottom today. I was supposed to meet with my pg cousin (her EDD is 4 days before mine). We'd planned this weeks ago and she was the one who approached me. Then today, she leaves a card with the department secretary(she was to meet me at work) with "Because I'm a chicken who doesn't have the right words" written on the envelope. I didn't even read the card before bursting into tears.

I left the office to get some fresh air and she sent me a text message apologising and saying that she didn't want to upset me (to which I replied "too late"). Her reason was that she wanted to "spare me" and that if we had met I would feel worse than I do now. I sent her messages back (I would have called except my battery was running low) telling her not to assume she knew how I felt. That with Christmas approaching I already feel robbed and now I feel robbed of an opportunity to heal. I refuse to apologise to anyone for feeling angry. In the messages she's sent back, I can tell that I've ****ed her off now. At least I got her angry enough to be honest with me and admit that her not showing up today was self-preservation and not her way of sparing me.

I know she's had a hard time dealing with her daughter's genetic disease (which would have been fatal if she hadn't had a bone marrow transplant). And I can't imagine what she is going through now with her current pregnancy, not knowing if her baby will be born alive let alone healthy (they found an abnormality in his brain at her 20 week scan). But she's denied us both and opportunity to support one another and now we're angry at one another.

AJC - Glad to hear you and Samuel are doing so well. I can't believe he's over 3 months old already. He must growing so fast.

Rhi - Sorry you didn't get good news from the naturopath . I hope the tablets do the trick though.

cherished - Mum bought all the shoes! And I can't even share them because we're not the same size lol. Not to worry though. There'll be other shopping trips.

charm
    - Hope you catch that eggie.

Mel - I didn't buy any shoes! But I bought a really nice shawl to wear with a dress I had custom made in Vietnam. Just in case its cold on my cousin's wedding day. Have a great night with DH.

Good evening ladies!!

Mel/Hannah - thanks. it is so strange and I guess Im at that stage were mentally I do feel like I am coping, having a laugh and being more social which is all wonderful.
    I think these actions give people the perception Im 'back to normal' and that is the hard bit... I am but my normal isn't the same but that isn't bad it just is and from it I will/have become stronger. Its just hard and the way you explained it is perfect.

Hannah - I hope the wedding goes really well and your outfit will no doubt look amazing!!

AFM-
    Had such a strange but I think positive day.
    Went to the gym and saw our friends wife who is not particularly nice or friendly towards me (which is totally fine, shes a different girl to me but my dh rides with her and they get along really well) and I just hadn;t even thought that seeing her would upset me and when I did and she has a small bump just like mine was I went hysterical, like unable to breathe hysterical.
    DH took me aside and calmed me down but it just surprised me so much, when I first saw her husband monday I was upset but I had thought that would happen and had my 'responses' planned' etc...
    ANYWAY the positve was that it didn't set the tone of my day, I was able to acknowledge the reaction for what it was and had a lovely day at school.

Happy Friday Gurlies!

*wavin* @ jen and Hannah...BIG HUGS for you 2!

We had another u/s yesterday and Miss Elle was up to her usual antics...we are getting an u/s every 2 weeks due to me having AFS and Lupus because apparently there is risk for some kind of heart defect but so far she has 4 beautiful chambers pumping away! I must say while I hate the reason I LOVE seeing her every 2 weeks!

Congrats erybery

Alrighty ladies I gotta get busy Sunday is my 38th and my neices Sweet 16...planning something special...

So sorry girls, it's another busy day.... been cleaning and running around all morning, then had to work. Now I have to finish cleaning before we drive to pick up the DSD's for their Spring break. Probably won't be home until after midnight, but will try to post in the morning before DF does his skydive. Hectic, hectic, hectic.... I'm surprised my hair's not gray yet! Anyhow, just didn't want you girls to forget about me! Also wanted you all to know that I'm thinking of you all always!

MO3B-- I'm thinking of you and worrying about my kinky cyber twin! Be ok, ok?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Have a great weekend! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast