Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #13

jazmum - Ashas never had thrush but from how ive heard it described it sounds like h might have it with the white that wont wipe off.. id go to the chemist because i remember other ladies talking about a gel or something from the chemist that clears it right up gl.. ikwym anout finding room for presents asha has been sooooo spoilt its not funny..

Hi noni - thanks - i went to the chemist today, and the pharmacist told me that it is thrush. He's given me some drops for her to take. Poor little thing was really unsettled this afternoon - couldn't get enough of her fist in her mouth - and her dummy wasn't cutting it.
    i'm trying to cull some of the toys in our cupboards and draws - really crappy little things like happy meal toys and other little bit of junk. I'm sure i'll fill the wheelie bin!!!

is anyone else super paranoid about getting preg again??
    after getting back on the dtd train choo choo lol a few days ago ive been thinking and then especially when we did tonight and its boxing day and asha was concieved i think the day after boxing day haha i mean we use protection but its scaring me haha.. calm blue oceans calm blue oceans lol
    jazmum - glad u got it sorted ashas hands in mouth alot too but shes chewing them lol still no teeth coming through just a few bumps lol...
    wow i can just imagine how much stuff u have for the girls since they have had 4 and 5 years to accumulate it i cant believe how much Asha has and its only been three months (three mths exactly today tear lol)

Noni, haha calm blue oceans just use your protection properly and you shouldn't have any exciting little surprises! I spared a thought for it too since E was conceived somewhere between 25th and 28th Dec in a champagne haze and I've not drunk champagne since then until yesterday. Glad to hear you're back on the train choo choo, although ours doesn't pull into the station very often LOL.

Jazmum, glad you got the thrush advice you needed, the drops taste yucky but apparently they work pretty quickly. Don't forget to keep the girls aired out you don't want it getting into your nipples!

Well, that's christmas for another year *sigh of relief*. Well DH did magnificently on the prezzie front this year, probably on account of how CRANKY I have been with him all month he tried extra hard. Gorgeous john william waterhouse print I've wanted for years, framed for our bedroom & a lovely pendant and matching earrings (ruby zoisite for any of you gemstone buffs). E handled the whole day pretty well but gee she was tired at the end of it! She was actually pretty interested in the whole wrapping paper part, she's very visually-driven and she loves looking at patterns. Got some nice photos of my girls together in their glad rags which was nice too.
    Last edited by AnyDream; December 27th, 2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: john william - gosh I was tired!

Hello Lovely Ladies,

MD- Congrats on your chrissy pressies you lucky girl.
    Jazmum- I hope H thrush clears up quickly.
    Noni- Well done choo chooo....

Well today we are going on a train trip too the city. The boys are excited as they have not been on a train before. OMG I think we need a bigger house for all these toys. lol. DH said he will be chucking all the old ones to make way for the new ones. I really enjoyed christmas and have vowed to be a bit more organised next year on the pressie front. (Dont really want to leave everything to the last minute)
    Olivia enjoyed herself too. Well I better go and start getting ready.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day

WEehad a lovely Christmas here - DD was very well behaved, fell asleep during church without any crying, then managed a 2.5 hour nap at PIL in a travel cot she'd never been in before!! She got lots of pressies, although some I have had to pack away as they're not suitable until she is a bit older (eg plate set, bath toys). DH gave me diamond earrings, so very happy with that!!

Yesterday was good, very relaxing. Went for a nice walk in the evening, needed to after all the chocolate we had eaten all day.

Leanne - train trip sounds fun, I'm sure the boys will have a ball.

Jazmum - hope the thrush clears up quickly.

Noni - I'm not too paranoid about getting pregnant again. I figure it took us 3 months last time, also with breastfeeding my fertility is lower anyway (but we're still using protection!). DD was conceived a year ago yesterday, gosh time flies!

K got some soft blocks from Santa, she's worked out that if she uses both hands and pushes them together she can shake it and make the bell rattle, then she can suck on it!! She actually has little sores on two fingers from so much sucking.

Have a cake in the oven I've been meaning to make for 2 weeks! It's great having DH home, I think he has a much better understanding of how full on looking after a baby is!

I really enjoyed christmas and have vowed to be a bit more organised next year
    LOL Leanne I say that every year! Got the pressies sorted ok this year, but I was in a flap over groceries etc instead...dunno why, probably PIL stress! How exciting with the train ride - did the boys get any Thomas gear for Christmas?

Cally, clever Katie behaving so beautifully! Our church service was a huge outdoors thing for the kids so not too much baby stress there (which was good). Glad your DH is getting a window on your baby-filled life! Do you think it will result in a change in his work habits?

MD - No, he'll probably still be a workaholic, but he was really good last term at coming home at a particular time. Before K I never knew when he would be home (he'd say I won't be late and I would think 4:30, he'd be thinking 6 which caused some issues), but last term he left work at 5:30 every day except 1. Anway a month until he is back at work and I am taking full advantage of having him here!!

hi all just got back from the sales madness!!!
    with all the chrissi decos being half price i got some nice ones for next year spent about $30 but got double that amounts worth so we are just about set for next year
    also bough asha a cute swim suit from pumpkin patch which had $10 off its 6-12mths but it will go on her now just the arms and legs will be long intead of short and it will be a bit baggy but atleast it will last a while even if it is huge now lol considering shes in 0-3mths in pp clothes lol thats all they had though and it was a good price so i got it lol. she also got a cute little pink cap with beading and stitching down the front and two new sleeping bags from myer for $37 instead of one being 30 and the other 20 hehe i feel very accomplished!!
    ashas been sleeping so well.. think its just the exhaustion of christmas though but i am glad shes sleeping well because obviously we are really tired too so it helps alot!
    cally - it must be great having dh home for so long!!! ive had dp for about a week but weve been so busy i dnt feel like weve really spent that much time together he thinks he will prob have the week off after this one shift though so fingers crossed!! glad k was so well behaved i must say asha was a little gem too shes also got some little blocks that she can grab onto.. are they the ones where one vibrates and two have a little bell inside thats what ash got...
    leanne - wow first time on a train how exciting!! hope you have a wonderful time.. must be chaotic at christmas for you guys but so much fun too!!!
    md - wow on the present front very spoilt!! dp got me some shoes and a nappy bag that i wanted as well as the dvd of the concert we went to when i was preg and some pyjamas from asha which was really nice lol dosnt pull into the station very often i am sure our train wont either once dp is back on nights makes it hard...

hi everyone
    that ruddy 'spewy pooey fairy' has waved her magic wand again, and cast her spell on me!!!!! I haven't spewed in about 15 years, and have to say that i don't care for it much. Anyway, dragged myself away from the couch to catch up on everyone's goss, so am going to go and pop back on it now.
    have a great night everyone

Oh Jazmum you poor thing - that fairy certainly has been doing the rounds.

jazmum - it really is going around atm my mum has it n she cought it from her husbands neice n nephew who were just getting over it we are not going near her for a while!!! hope u get better asap!!!

Jazmum - You poor thing, get well soon!

Noni - We've just started dtd again too, was very scary at first I thought it would hurt, but it didnt at all. DP kept joking that it would be like rolling a bowling ball down the alley lol and it was a bit like that. Dont know exactly when Maddie was conceived, but it was obviously around this time. Who knows we had so many drunken nights lol. I am paranoid about getting pregnant again too, DP doesnt like condoms and I'm not using any contraception (i know i know but the pill scares me). I make him wear condoms but he wont go on like this for much longer!! Well done on your shopping bargains.

Cally - Glad to hear you had a nice christmas.

Leemar - How was the train trip?

Marydean - We got some nice pics on christmas day as well. Maddie was all dressed up in a pretty little dress. She didnt stay that way for long though, it was so hot so I stripped her off and just put her in something simple and cool.

My little bub is a bit sick atm. I think she is having tummy troubles. For the past three days now she has had a bit of diorrhea. Apart from that she seems fine and is still quite happy. Just wondering should I be taking her to the doctor or should she be fine? MIL said wait and see how she goes, if she vomits then take her.

Maddie got a jolly jumper for christmas. She loves it! She laughs herself silly in it!

WOW my little princess is 3 months old today!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!

Hayley, congrats on the three month milestone, it's exciting isn't it?! Re the diarrhoea, is it frequent or just runny? I know it's common for Bfed babies to have really runny poo but not sure about bottlefed bubs. I always see the doc if I'm worried, even if I think there's a chance it could be nothing, better to be on the safe side. But if I'm not worried (on the inner mummy radar, KWIM) we dont. HTH.

Poor Jazmum - hope you're feeling better soon, sounds rotten! That fairy has been taking advantage of everyone's Christmas hospitality I think.

Noni- Well done on the shopping bargins.
    Jazmum- I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Cally- Yipppeee on having DH home for the holidays. My DH is home too and its wonderful.

Well the train trip did not happen. We went to the train station to go for a ride to the airport but they wanted $52 dollars return so I said pardon and then said that was a joke considering we were not that far anyway. It was neally 3pm anyway so we ended up coming home and going to go to the big pineapple tomorrow weather permitting.

Oh well I better go as Olivia is due for a feed.
    Sweet Dreams to All.

just got a call from dp the car has $hit itself on his way to work *sigh* add something else to the bills not to mention the $200ish that he would have made going to work tonight.. why is it that when things just start going well something like this happens.. we are cursed i am telling u!!!
    leanne - shame about the train trip hope the big pineapple is good and the weather permits
    haley - we are using condoms too coz neither i or dp like the idea of the pill or any of those condoms arent actually as bad as i remembered/thought... i was quite nervous too but it was actually pretty good lol tmi and pretty quick i must add on both our parts haha is that a parents thing or are we just pathetic???

Noni - Yes its quick for us now days too lol. No or very minimal foreplay thats for sure!!! And its shhhh keep it down you will wake Maddie. Isnt it sad!?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast