Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #14

Hi Queenie- i really want to see 27 dresses too! your dress sounds amazing, and all for such a bargain price! funny you mention that aami ad- every time it comes on dp looks at me and grins...he loves messing with my head about it. it's turned into a bit of an on going joke between us now- like everytime we see a plane writing in the sky i say 'oh baby, of course i'll marry you' and we laugh. he reckons that when he does actually do it i'll say 'about f***ing time!'. he's right of course...
    is your mil his step-mum?

Hi Ladies ~ Skimmed through the posts but the words just wont stick in my head today...

I've been really stressed out, The girls mother some how got hold of my phone number & has been calling every 5-10 minutes since about 4am - I would take the phone off the hook only i feel bad for her, losing your kids must be horrific. The girls are at my brothers place for the weekend, so she can't speak to them anyway *sigh*...

Kitty update She had to have her tail almost completely amputated as we discovered that the dog that was chasing her must have actually grabbed hold of her & he tore the end of her tail clean off so that the bone was exposed & it was broken in 2 places up the top so now it's about 3 inches long - She's not a very happy cat. Thank goodness the floods went away, I couldn't get her to a vet & I was starting to get insanely worried.

This probably sounds ridiculous but.. It seems like Scarlet is starting to show heaps of interest in my dinner! DF had her on his lap the other day while he was eating cereal & she kept reaching for his bowl & spoon then she had a hissy fit because she couldn't get to it - She also has been wiggling, squirming & screamy everytime the girls start eating near her... her eyes go huge & she just looks like she so wants in on it all! Do they kind of let you know that they want food? Her bottle doesn't seem to satisfy her anymore, but she wont drink more milk. I want to hold off til atleast 5 months because before 6 months is bad, right? Argh! This stuff is hard! lol.

o0o0o We the paddle pool & took S for a swim yesterday, I have not been brave enough to go to the big pool yet... She loved it!

Gracie: The first thing i asked after i said yes was where the hell did you get that big box from!?!.. FIL is in the army & got it from the base, I don't know what they use them for... It must have taken DF a good 18hrs to wrap, He took 2 hours in the bedroom to wrap my christmas present, which wasn't very big & it sounded like he was wrestling it.

lp - everyone will tell you as does the world health organisation not to feed ur bub solids until 6mths.. all i will say is Asha is exactly the same as u are explaining lol staring ppl down for their dinner getting upset when she cant have it.. as i said in my previous post Asha has had rice cereal (bellamys organic) and now banana bledned with cooled boiled water.. she loves it i only let her have a couple of tea spoons of something around once a week or once every two weeks and she still stares us down for our food but she dosnt get as grumpy lol.. Asha is also getting a few teeth though so idk if that makes a difference, i know she loves the texture and coolness on her gums...
    PLEASE KNOW THOUGH THE WHO DO NOT RECOMENT SOLIDS AT THIS AGE its just what i feel is best as a mum for my bub atm and if there was any sign of it not being ok i would remove them immediately..

Duh ~ I completely missed your previous post noni... I'm a bit ditsy today, lol @ asha staring you down for your food, It would feel really nice on her gums, Scarlet has a little white bump up there but it isn't bothering her yet. idk... I guess i'll leave it for as long as i can stand the tanty's but i don't think we'll last til the 6 month mark, She's also still off the scales for height & weight so maybe that has something to do with it?

LP, babies are curious little creatures and are like sponges and just take it all in, learning all the time, so try not to confuse her excitedness at seeing people eat or her complaints when she can't get a bowl or spoon as signs that she is ready for solids. They are also great mimics, so if you see her making similar mouth actions as you do when you eat, that's also not a sign that she wants solids, but that she is just mimicing your actions - similar to when we pull faces at them or poke our tounges out and they do the same. They also need to have lost the protrusion reflux too (where they poke their tounge out - you might notice it just as you put the bottle teat in her mouth). The big thing about not starting solids early is that their gut is simply too immature to deal with solids and their intestinal tract has trouble dealing with the extra bulk - possibly causing bowel issues. Another problem that can arrise down the track is that by giving solids early, you may increase the risk of severe food allergies. Plus there is also the added hassle of the mess, food preparation etc so why rush that LOL! For the record though, I started Lindsay at 4mths simply because back then it was the recommendation for FF babies to be started on solids by then, but that has also changed now so it is a blanket recommendation. The girls were a bit older when they started. The most important thing to remember though is that when first starting solids it is all about introducing different tastes and textures, and not as a meal - so it wont solve the problem if you think the bottles just aren't cutting it anymore. And milk is still the most important dietary requirement for the first 12mths too. That said, you know your baby best and and the end of the day you will do what you think is best for her. I just wanted to fill you in on some of the finer points of it all. I wont be starting Alister till well over 6mths if I can, as he already has ezcema, which is a possible indication of future food allergies/intolerances.

I'm really sorry to hear about your kitty too. Poor thing, but she must be starting to feel so much better now. And bugger about the girls' Mum. I know she would be suffering, but gees, look at what the girls had to put up with, she hardly has a right to complain.

Noni, what sort of specs are you getting? Some funky ones I hope.

You know, I only just clicked that some of you are going 4mth needles. Here I was reading about Katie and Logan and I was blissfully ignorant LOL. Then I realised what was going on and I though oh Crap! when am I going to fit that in this month!

Does anyone else's bub have like a wake up routine first thing in the morning? For ages Alister wakes up and just lifts his legs up and down for ages, farting all the way LOL - it's so funny to lay there and listen to him tear them off - just like his father (but without the leg lifts ).

We went out for tea last night with friends of ours and gee it was nice. We hadn't done it for so long. We just went to the pub for a counter tea, but they have a kids play area and they played all night, so naturally we stayed out longer LOL because they weren't wanting to go home.

Sherie LMAO at Alisters farts. Logan doesnt have a routine but always wakes up smiling.

LP sounds like you need a nice massage or warm bath.....anything to help you relax. You are doing such a great job and seem to be handeling everything so well.

Leanne good to hear that you had such a great night. I hope you managed to get some rest today.

Hayley good luck at work tomorrow. It will be tough dropping Maddie off but it will get easier.

Arte I was going to do the weight loss challenge too but like you am to lazy lol. I like the Eumundi markets, sounds like you had a nice day. I hope you can get past the breast refuasl.

Gracie yup we were Highschool sweethearts feels like so long ago lol. I used to put crap on my DH about proposing too and almost didnt think he was serious when he actually did it.

I had better go and feed Mr Magoo. Sorry to those I missed in my personals, will try and jump on later.

LP, I second everything Sherie said about solids! Is the bump where her lower tooth should be - I ask because E had some white lumps a while back and it turns out they get white fluid cysts on their gums that go away. They felt really hard like a tooth coming through (in the wrong place). Haven't noticed any 'real' toothy signs since then. Your poor puss, no doubt she'll be feeling better now(and a bit lighter hehehe).

Re the phone calls, you might need to be firm with her, and if necessary switch on your answering machine to screen the calls. That way you can answer them when appropriate and ignore when appropriate, whilst being as kind as you can. I agree with Katie, sounds like you need a DH-sponsored foot or shoulder rub!

Sherie, your evening out sounds lovely, E has been pretty unsettled most times we've headed out *sigh*. She's only little for such a short while, I'm not complaining. *SNAP* with the legs kicking up and down when E wakes up, not so much farting though LOL - must be a male trait cos DH is a big early morning fluffer!

Queenie, I agree, time to get out to the flicks - 27 Dresses sounds great. But aren't they bridesmaid dresses, it'll be miles of electric blue taffeta and hot pink ruffles LMAO. They don't have any mumsnbubs sessions here over the school hols but might take DD1 to see Enchanted, there's so much kiddie noise in the cinema during the hols I don't think a bit more baby noise will matter!

Hayley, I looked at your montage, it's gorgeous, I want to do one now! Won't have time for a couple of weeks tho...

OK, better go, gotta plan some activities for DD1 this week, we're driving each other crazy!

sherie - well said lol i can never articulate things properly.. Asha doesnt do that thing with her tounge pushing her bottle or her food out.. she also only gets little tastes not full meals the speks i chose happen to be dolce and cabanna (sp) the only reason i could though is they were half price in a sale!!! they are a metalic pinky colour and a slightly unique shape the frames were only 190 its the lenses that are 230 and theres only one lense thats perscription!!! the other one is plain glass coz the right eye is fine!!!
    lp - unless u feel really strongly (u know mothers instincts and all) id agree with sherie too much trouble lol... asha is big too have to get her weighed and measured soon sure shes grown heaps.. have you thought about getting her some of that picnic cuttlery to play with?? like a bright coloured bowl and spoon maybe that would satify her while you guys are eating???

Thanks for the advice Sherie, I'll hold off for as long as possible too.
    Scarlet doesn't need to be waking up to have a fart marathon... The kid never stops, I think she's farted on everyone that's ever held her. I have a fear that she will be the farty kid in school & no one will talk to her, lol.

ha, Katie... Don't get massages around here without some bom chicka wah wah & I'm so not going there, I feel blah!

MD she has one on each side up the top which look like vampire fangs - & - one down the bottom, They may well be the cyst things as like i said she has no signs of teething at all.
    WHOOHOO we have an excuse to go see kiddie movies now! DF & I were the only adults at Shrek 2 not to mention the only ones laughing... one little kid even told us to "shh' cause we were in hysterics!

Noni, We did give her one of her spoons when she was sooky but she just whacked herself in the face with it & cried more, She got herself pretty good too, Lucky they're rubber tipped. lol.

lol lp damn!! heinz make some rubber spoons for bubs is that what your talking about? maybe theyd be worth a try they come in nice bright colours

Noni, your specs sounds very swishy wooweewoo! I love it when I find the *perfect* specs!

LP - I cracked right up when I read about Scarlet having lil fangs - have you tried waving some garlic around near her (make sure you don't have a vampire baby LOL). Maybe some bom chicka wahwah is exactly what you need...stress relief an all that !

Noni - I think it is a heinz set, They have special rubber tips so they don't hurt thier little gums.

LOL MD all i can say is in a few months i think it would be VERY painful had i been able to breastfeed, Ouchies! I also have fangs, they used to be really "fangy" (could not think of the word i was after LOL) when i was a kid, but they're small now...

Stress relief... pft, I reckon that's a myth made by a man to get more bom chicka wahwah'in!

Hey MD have you got tomatoes coming out your ears yet? We have them everywhere!

lol lp no idea then maybe just a bright coloured bowl with a small amount of boiled water in the bottom, yes it will inevidably end up everywhere so only put a small amount but might be a fun play toy?? lol or a less messy option maybe a little sippy cup she could bang around and occassionally drink from??? ahahahahahahaha made up by a man to get more action think u might be onto something there!!!

LP perhaps if Rumpy Pumpy isnt the answer then some guilt free chocolate is?? I think you should eat as much as you can and then not feel an ounce of guilt about it. Hmmm come to think of it perhaps I am feeling stressed LMAO.

LOL Katie!

LP, hope that the girls mum gets sick of calling soon. The new pic of Scarlet is cute, it is amazing how big all our bubbies are getting. Hope your poor kitty is feeling better soon. Will is also watching with interest when we eat, but he looks at the t.v remote and the dog the same way lol. We got him a sippy cup today because he really liked drinking water out of a sipper bottle yesterday. He can't work it though, he doesn't know to suck it.

Sherie, I hear you on the farting baby. I had to get up three times last night because W was waking himself up with farts. No more lentils for me.

Gracie - if the ring doesn't appear soon, it is a leap year.....

Boring day here, DH and I keep having little spats - the stress of moving is starting to kick in.

arte- does a leap year mean i can propose on feb 28??
    from memeory i think britney spears did that with k-fed and look where that ended up....mmmm...might not be the best idea lol!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast