Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born September 2007 #46

MD you can try out all your hair fantasies with wigs??? there are some that are so wonderfully realisitic - i know afew women who have used them... hmm i wouldnt be wishing for the curls though... seriously from someone who knows they are not all they are cracked up to be LOL! though you can then become a GHD expert like me when you are trying to get rid of them.
    ok i need to know, is there a haighs in melbourne? i think so?? i must admit i dont think i have ever had it, and now i MUST! we are there for a week from this weekend so think it'd better be placed on my to do list! clare was going to suggest a catch up maybe (and i love the sound of your cafe, where is it?) but maybe it will coincide with your slice and dice? if not lets plan something (also rainy and all the other melb mums, IT'S TIME LADIES!!).
    I totally fell for the pic of kelly, i was like does sherie know her av is stuffed??
    Well as for me, i havent had much news of late. am suffering a bit as i have an unstable pelvis (is this what you had in preg MD) - OUCH! been to physio which is good and looking fwd to yoga today as maybe that will help now i know what tje prob is. i feel like such a whinger this time, it just hasnt been as easy as last! that said we have now agreed on a name and the little one is basivally a footballer in my tum so lots of kicks all the time which i am loving! N is going through a terrible terrible sleep time, i think i told you all about it a while back up for hours in the night etc etc, stillgoing on, he is still getting his incisors and is in pain poor little mite. his walking is amazing now and new fave work (complete with action some of the time) is RUN! he is a delight!
    i have put in my leave forms for mat leave - about 10-11 weeks to go - YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Trill - or should I say Kelly! ZOO STORIES...ZOO STORIES...ZOO STORIES!!! Wanna hear the fun you had.

Supa - Poor you guys with being sick. I don't think your supposed to go when sick just in case bubs has a reaction after the jab then they can't tell if it was from the runny nose before or from the vaccinations. (I think)

Arte - so cute about his sentances! And love the firebug...what is it with boys and blowing ***** up lol

MD - I too love the fact the you've got cake and health food shop with a few words of each other!

Cassius - No day sleeps definately wasn't by my choice but yep, she seems to last the distance. Gets a bit feral at 5ish but most kids do anyway don't they? Last night she was worse than normal so put her to bed at 6.30 instead of 7 and she was fine. Didn't hear from her until 6am which is great in my book.

PAP - So what name have you chosen hey...?! Woohoo on the mat leave coming up!

MD, I suppose one positive to take from it is that with the lump being there all that time and only now finding out, is that you could have been riddled with it by now if it were aggressive kwim? So I would assume that if it's not aggressive then it will respond well to treatment? Most people I know who go through chemo get curly hair when it grows back. But my Mums partner didn't lose any hair at all when he was having chemo earlier this year for bladder cancer. I just feel so helpless about it all though.

No pee-your-pants-funny stories from the zoo, but he really loved it. He did get a bit confused when we were watching the meerkats though and he kept meowing and he was totally enraptured by them. Every time we saw a new animal though, he was like "over there!" and pointing to it. By the end of the day he was completely over it and sick of being put in and out of the stroller and car (cause you can walk or drive, so we took the cars as we had a picnic lunch) and as we were leaving we didn't even get to the front exit before he was asleep LOL. Oh, he did get to pat a Galapagos Tortoise too - it was next to the fence and the enclosure is really low, so I leaned him over for a pat LOL. Probably not meant to do that though But the downside of the trip is that his sleeping has gone to the pack and he's funny about me putting him in his cot and leaving him there. While we were away he would only settle to sleep if I was holding him and he was up so often in the night I had to resort to cosleeping again so I could at least get some sleep. Made me glad we didn't take a proper holiday just yet.

hi girls!

PP: yay on finding a name! it's so nice when you can start talking to them with their name IMO...
    the haighs store is in the city (the one i know of anyway). it is in the gallery between the collins st section (you know the slightly more upmarket one...arrgh i just lost the name as i began typing LOL!)

Kate: well yeah, they all are feral (i hope ) at that time so i guess she's doing well! and great that it means she is sleeping in a bit longer too.

MELB GIRLS: def would love to make it...probably can't this time (go in on tuesday and will no doubt be grumpy boots for the rest of the week). unless we meet on the weekend beforehand.....

hi everyone,

Trill - sounds like you had fun. I'm now thinking i might take the girls to the zoo over the easter hols. I'm sure Hannah would love it. (although I have emu issues - last time we went to Australia Zoo there were emu chicks. Jessica had walked over near the fence and i just reached her in time before the mother/father ? pecked her.

pap - wooohoo on the mat leave. I hope those toofie pegs come through quickly for N. He's such a gorgeous little thing.

clare - lol on the bold and beautiful pause. I reckon 15 minutes of the half hour episode is just made up of staring. lol.

arte - i bet W looooves his Milo. I'm sure Hannah would love it too - might give it to her for an afternoon treat today.

md - The chemo my mum was on did make her hair fall out. She too chose to shave it off before it fell out. It was good because she came over to my place and we did it in front of the girls so they didn't get as much of a shock. Mum used to wear scarves - as the wig (there is a pic of Hannah wearing it on FB) used to annoy the crapola out of her. Jess and Zoe put undies on their heads one day and said they were Nanny. it was too funny. That is so great that your sis is going to shave it with you - what a wonderful friend to have

Hannah had her needle on Monday, and today she hasn't been herself. She is fine one moment and the next throwing herself on the floor for no reason - kicking and stretching her legs as if she had growing pains. My poor little chicken.
    She's also taken to wanting to be put straight into her cot instead of having our special cuddle. Cheeky monkey.

speaking of feeling guilty this week - my dh (not standing for dear husband in this instance!!!) decided to make the rest of my day crappy. The girls were at each other, yelling about who was making funny faces at who, and i lost it a little and raised my voice several times. Nothing incredibly bad though. Dh (still not dear husband!) thought he'd make a comment that i sound like a banshee. (of course he's laying in bed while he hears me ) Then in the car (made me go out of my way to drop him off at the station) says' I don't know how you can enjoy life yelling at the girls all of the time'. I apologised to the girls (not in front of him) and then thought - hang on- you two were little turds this morning.

sorry everyone. what a bloody rant!!!! Kate - have been thinking about the words you used to describe the person who ran into you in the car (are you okay? ) and i've been throwing it around a bit in my head today lol.

md - need some literature on how to stay calm.

that feels better.

JaZ: sounds like one of those crapola days all round for you today! hugs sweet! and DHs sometimes just totally miss the mark by a bizillion miles. hope he has a good think about it while at work!

Just a quick question....didnt want to post it anywhere in particular yet, just with you girls...

i have found my half-brother....(on the net of course LOL!). do you think it would be wise of me to make contact? i am insanely curious (there is some resemblance between us)...BUT i am fairly certain that he has no idea that he even has an older sister...what do you think?? arrghhhh.

ooooh Clare. That is amazing. How old is he? I don't think i should comment, because as you are probably aware I am a major fan of Find my Family, and bawl every time I watch it. So i may be a bit biased. How did you track him down?

Ha ha! i am a fan also! LOL! i was watching last night and i guess it kinda entered my brain when i went to bed LOL!

he has just turned 18 and is i *think* the younger brother. i just did a facebook search and it kinda went from there...i should be a private investigator LOL! it took some time, but i knew he was my brother when i came across an archived newspaper story on the web mentioning my dad's name and his...

I'm gathering that you and your dad are estranged?

pretty much, he acknowledges that he is my biological father, but decided it was a bit too much for him when my mum was 7 months pregnant and he left. i grew up knowing about him and what he does etc etc, but am not sure if he has ever told his new family ITMS...

it would be kinda cool to know them!

Clare can you do some more discreet research - finding out more about how much he might already know - before you decide? I certainly wouldn't do anything quickly at this stage. Let the information settle for a while and then let your heart decide. ETA - want to add - curiosity alone is not the best reason for making contact. You need to be coming from a pure intent if it's going to work out well. KWIM?

The biopsy is just a fat needle in the boob, done with an ultrasound so they aim right. They better use a local or someone will get kicked in the goonglies for sure.

JaZaH, I think you wrote the manual on how to stay calm...I would've been screeching banshee-like at DH well before we arrived at the station. Just to confirm what he said. LOL. Seriously - just remember no-one's head ever ACTUALLY exploded from being too cranky at their children or DH (even if it sometimes feels like it will). I think perhaps you just need to have a little laugh, and work out what day of your cycle you're on, and then organise to get out of the house for a coffee with a friend while DH minds the girls.

I like that your mum shaved her head with you and the girls - that's a great idea for if/when the time comes. I really think a wig would just **** me off no end. I much prefer the idea of a coupla funky hats/scarves, or going around like some sort of scary lesbian-skinhead-butch-feminist chick than wearing a WIG! Plus I discovered (we all love google) that it's actually a kinky fetish for some guys...PMSL! BTW I don't like emus and least of all at those places where they are allowed to walk around near the people.

Trill, LOL at the Galapagos Tortoise moment. We have them at the Adelaide zoo, way cool animals!! We're thinking to take E to the zoo soon, just waiting for the heat to go out of the sun a bit more - when it's properly autumn we'll spend the day.
    MD, I suppose one positive to take from it is that with the lump being there all that time and only now finding out, is that you could have been riddled with it by now if it were aggressive kwim?
    I think we sort of talked around this when I saw Dr Mr Compassion the other day (tho I am having trouble remembering the specifics). Anyway I've decided to take a chill pill rather than obsessing about every detail, kwim? It doesn't really make a lick of difference if it's breast cancer or lymphoma or a ten-headed alien hatching in there. It doesn't change the work I need to do to heal my life. It is enough for me to know about how the drs have arrived at decisions about my treatment, and the rest of it belongs with the mysteries of the universe which even medical science is not equipped to understand. RE the feeling helpless - well don't. You know your support holds me up in a tangible way. Just as much now as it did when I was pregnant and in such anguish at my aloneness. xxx

PP - OUCH hun! No no no on the SPD - Puh-lease don't go there! yep that's what I had. You will need to talk to your yoga instructor because some stretching becomes counter-productive very quickly (which is why I never did join you for yoga in the end). You will notice it when you start to clunk and click and waddle after a session. Take care!!!

Arte- Oh I have visions of stick-on furry Bert brows...no no no!! LOL I'm not a fan of the pencilled in line, drag-queen style, either. I KWYM about my Funky Boob. The thought of it having been discovered when I was actually pregnant or even BFing would've been pretty traumatic for me, and much harder for my family to cope with as well. So I'm kinda thankful on the timing.

ROFL at drag queen eyebrows - now THAT would be a sight Funky headscarves and hats are definately more *you*. I completely understand the course you are taking though

Clare, I don't tell many people this, but I'm not actually the eldest child - Mum had a baby girl when she as 17 and had her adopted. The way it was sprung on me was in some pretty dreadful circumstances and I was only 10 so I found it really hard to deal with for a long time and Mum found it really hard to deal with the incessant questions from me that followed. I know that he is older, but if you're going to do it, I think you need to get in touch with your father first kwim? It would be pretty hard for him to take in and accept if it were just dropped on him. I have never met or been in touch with my half sister as she sent a letter to Mum years ago saying she never wanted contact (not nasty, just that she didn't need to explore that part of her life kwm?) but I did find her on FB too.

Jaz, My DH says that about me too - especially in the morning on a school day and I just tell him to get his ass out of bed and help me if it's assaulting his ears to have to listen to me. Mind you he says that while he's drinking the coffee I made him

hey md - i'm at the Witch Woman stage of my cycle.

Hehehe...why am I not surprised!

Clare, I met my father when I was 22, he left when I was a little bub. I agree with Kate, make contact with your father first - it might upset a whole heap of family balance if your bro doesn't know and finds out via some random chick on the internet iykwim? I guess curiosity was a factor in finding my father but mostly I wanted to know medical history.

Clare - yay for going under the knife, hope you heal up quickly and you can put those pesky tonsils behind you!!

PAP - how did your FDC interview go? Any progression?

All good here. DD is over her snuggly stage (only lasted a day) and is now back to normal and trying to do everything with her sling on. Still being very good and not taking it off too much. The GP this morning said it will most likely be fully healed in 3 weeks which is great. She gets 2 weeks off childcare then it is school holidays and home with DH so by the time she goes back she will be fully recovered and we won't need to worry about her getting knocked or anything.

hi all
    well ihavent had the FDC meeting yet,I am very frsutrated about it. she keeps cancelling or isnt available - i think she knows i am going to complain (for the 3rd time) and wants to avoid me!!!
    in the meantime we have steppedup our search for options - he is back on the list at the creche at DH work (but isnot going to get in for some time) and ihave been back in touch with 2 other centres - one that is opening in june (i hope) in the local primary school - that he will have aplace in i hope and one that he has been on the waitlist for for ages. mypref is prob to stay with fdc vbut i cant see them resolving in a hurry... thanks so much for asking!
    Cally I am so glad miss K is doing so well - what a brave one you have! how are you looking after her while shecant goto daycare?

Hi everyone
    So quiet in here.
    Pap - hope she doesn't avoid contacting you for too much longer. I hope something comes up for you soon.
    Cally - i'm glad that little K is handling it so well. Little cutiepatootie that she is

Hannah and i have had a wonderful morning today. It's been pouring with rain so no outside play (although we did have a bit of a run through the rain when we got home from taking the big girls to school - which was lots of fun) I set up a tent in our family room in front of the tv - we watched teletubbies. It was so cute because i was laying down on my stomach and she was sitting up next to me with her arm around my neck. I could have stayed like that all morning. We had some morning tea in the tent and then we did some collage. (well, i stuck the patty cases on and she sucked on the glue stick ) Then we did some dancing, and i had to spent about 10 minutes pretending to be a duck chasing her around the house!

Anyway, sometimes it's the simple things in life that are often the best
    hope you're all having a positively fabulous day.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast