Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Exercise routines, tips and chatter?

Grrr! Didn't get to go for my run today as I went to the GP and had some blood taken and she told me not to I did do a fair bit of walking though. Will try to get out for a run tomorrow.

Why did she told you that you can't run??

Just for the few hours after the blood was taken she said not to exert myself too much - also not to lift anything heavy. But seeing that I had the blood taken in the afternoon it meant that there was no time left after a few hours.... Today is fine though.

Well i'm back at the gym tonight after a week off (almost) going to take it easy and just do Combat. Bought some wraps today which i'm going to use today if I can figure out how to get them on without looking like i've got bandages up both arms

And for anyone who is thinking of having an easy week exercise wise then... how cool are the new smiles!

Nadine hope you're feeling better now.

Happy training!

PS don't you think we need some little exercise smilies

Thanks Nadine i'm going to give that a go this week. Not good being sick you poor thing hope you get better soon

I started at the gym today, it was a bit of a juggling act being school hols and all. Did RPM/spin and did quite well, worked hard. Hope to get there at least 4 times this week if all goes to plan.

Grr!! Can't do anything yesterday or today as I came down with an evil gastro bug. Blah! I climbed some stairs this morning and nearly passed out. Will try some gentle walking tomorrow to see how I go...

Ladies (and gents!) - I'm fairly unfit, but came up with the potentially good idea of trying to ride my bike to and from the train station (ie then to work).

It's 6km, not too many hills except for a killer one on the way home!

Can anyone estimate how long they think that would take to ride? There's cycle paths the whole way, and a couple of sets of lights to get through.

I think I'd probably try a 'dummy run' on a weekend first, because if I'm absolutely stuffed and sweaty and red and gross, I don't really want to get on a train and gross people out in peak hour!!

I ride 7.5km to work through traffic, on roads and lots of traffic lights. It normally takes between 25 and 30 min. I would allow 30 - 45 min initially if you are going to take it pretty easy. You can always reduce the time once you get fitter and get used to the ride.

GOOD ON YOU for starting to ride as well!!!

Rac - thanks, I'm am feeling better ... and PREGNANT!!!! I would LOVE some exercise smilies, one doing push-ups!!!

So in the light of the above, I am going to cut out my stepclasses (for the moment) to keep my loving (read overprotective) husband happy and off my back and I am just going to do the fitball classes. I'll have a chat with my gyne WITH DH PRESENT and bring up the topic of exercise and then adjust my routine. I have wicked sore abs from monday's class, so I am feeling pumped. Having sore muscles, for me, is a good thing, makes me feel like I worked for it. My goal for this pregnancy is to work my legs. butt and thighs. I don't want to go up a dress size in that deparment. Hmmmm - lunges *gag*

MrsP - that sounds like a good idea. I would do a test run over the weekend, like you said, just to make sure how long it's going to take you to drive that.

YAY NADINE CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks

paradise lost Guest

WOOOOT!!!!!! Nadine!!!! So happy for you hun! Congratulations!

I'm having an easy couple of weeks. Did a speed run last weds, then visiting friends Thursday, with DP Friday night, and all day Saturday, then took DD over to see his folks on Sunday so she and his niece could play together. Managed a long and slow 5.5miles on Sunday morning (60mins) so took yesterday as a rest day (am being far more strict about training to avoid getting hurt on the run up to the 10k on May 18th). Was kind of wanting to run today but i have a friend and her 2 kids (ages just one and 3 in June, mine was 2 three days before hers was 1, gonna be a mad house with 3 under 3!) coming to stay tonight so i've been straightening the house up, and then the only good bit in the weather i was stuck in waiting for a delivery from the supermarket (LOVE getting my delivery - who wants to carry 42 cans of tomatoes, 11.5kg pasta, 24 loo rolls, 9kg of washing powder and 180 nappies home on a bus!) so i haven't been out to run so far. I could go now but don't know when friend is coming. Was only planning 2 or 3 miles recovery anyway, so it skipping it makes no difference really, just habit telling me to get out there!

XP has lost his job and thinks his new one is going to be shift work which will make bodypump impossible one week in 2. I'm trying to talk DP into coming to one on Sunday afternoon instead as his is monday night and he misses it a fair bit because if the drive home takes too long the tickets are sold out already when he gets to the gym.

My new running tights and bottle FINALLY arrived today. The tights are not black like i ordered but i'd suspected that when he said black/pink on the phone he meant navy/pink since that's all they had listed on the website. Ah well, no biggie. I am too tall though, they cover my knees but don't reach the swell of my calf like they do on the model! Can't wait to try them out...

Congrats again Nadine - a very H&H 9 months to you, and DON'T think you can duck out of here just because you're UTD! We want reports on every antenatal fitness class there is near you! Aquanatal, yoganatal, bungeenatal (maybe not that one!)

Bx

Yay congrats!!! How exciting for you! I loved modifying exercises when I was pregnant. It makes you feel so good to know you are doing something so healthy for yourself and the baby As for step...hmmm, there is a preggers woman at my gym that does it. Personally I wouldn't but only because I would be too worried about falling off. If you talk to a PT I think you'll find that you can do most things, you may just have to modify a few. Good luck!!

Bec, do you find it's cheaper getting food delivered? I'm thinking about doing that for toilet roll etc.

Hello everyone else

Thanks Bec and Rachel, and yes, I'll think I'll give the bungeenatal a skip. Don't want my milk going all clotty And definatly not ducking out. You can't get rid of me that easily

Unfortunatly for me - no ??-natal anything around Just plain gym, so that is where I am sticking. I told my instructor today. Told her to keep an eye on me and stop me before I do something dangerous or stupid. She said she will take good care of me. She have three kids (one set of twins) so she knows her stuff. Her reaction was priceless, I think the deaf old lady across the street could hear her scream! About the step, Rachel, it's not that I don't WANT to step. I did step up until a month and a half before dd was born. I loved it, I just did a normal step when they jumped and kept my eyes on my feet, to make sure I would not miss the bench.
    It's that DH is on my case about being carefull and not over doing it and he is concerned about little bug. So I told him I will drop the step classes until we had a chance to speak to my gyne. If the gyne says it's fine (I have strong doubts that he will ), then I'll take up step again, but until then I am taking it easy. Also going to take up walking more. You know parking far from the shop, that kind of stuff. Just to get some cardio in. Don't know if I would be able to keep it up, because winter is around the corner. But until then ... these boots are made for walking.

paradise lost Guest

Rachel, yes and no. I don't have a car, so if DP is here with his car then it's fine to go shop, but i don't see him or enjoy shopping enough to waste the time together in a supermarket when we could in out having fun or lazing about in bed or whatever. This time i spent ?80, the delivery cost ?4 but i saved ?4.99 on various multibuys (like 6 packs of ?1.09 wipes for ?5, 3 packs of ?3.99 nappies for ?10 etc.) so it kind of paid for itself that way. I do it with Asda (wallmart) online and you can fill the basket and then not check out if you don't think it's worth having it brought, then print out the list and go and buy it by hand instead. I don't like getting fruit and veg that way because *some* assistants choose it as if it were for them, but some just don't care and you get the bruised stuff you wouldn't have chosen yourself iykwim.

I've done nothing since my long run on Sunday! Monday was a rest day, Tuesday and Wednesday my friend and her 2 kids were here and they just left this morning so i'm planning Bodypump tonight and maybe a short recovery run this afternoon (5k tops).

I'm SOOOO tired from sleeping with DD in my bed for 2 nights and getting up at 7 to feed and change and dress 3 kids at 7am. Was great fun though, i can see the point of a bigger family now more than ever!

Bx

So are everyone on vacation

I have a new upper-ab exercise for you all *evil*

Lay down on your back, knees bent, with both calves on a fitball. Put your arms out straight (90 deg with your body) Lift one leg up straight in the air. Now, while breating out, twist and crunch and with your other arm, touch your toes!!! So if you lift your left leg, your right hand goes to your toes and visa versa. Flex the foot in the air for some extra leg-muscle burn. Yeah baby

I loved it. Was great for that abs just below my boobs.

We have a loooooong weekend comming up. Next week we have vacation on Monday, Thursday AND Friday. Class are closed on Monday, Wednesday I have to work full day. So only Friday for me next week.

Enjoy your weekend ladies!!

I have been a little slack - so far this week have only ridden to work twice and run home from work once. However I took 10 min off my run time from 2 weeks ago so that was a positive. I will try to get out for a run again today......

I've been good, stuck to the new routine. Because i've dropped Attack i've picked up two spinning classes - agghhhhh! I HATE spinning, but quietly I am coming around to it Also no gym yesterday as it was Anzac day and secretly I was very relieved because I was knackered! New routine is...

Mon - Pump/Step
    Tues - Spin (morn)/Combat (afternoon)
    Wed - Combat/Pump
    Thurs - Step
    Fri - Pump/Step
    Sat - Spin

I am really feeling the extra class but i'm sure i'll get used to it. I'm also really struggling with my squat weight (20K) which I think is because of the spin classes. I'm seriously considering dropping the weight down but I really don't want to. It kinda feels like i'd be going backwards but I know my technique is suffering. Hmm, might have to have a word with my Instructor.

Nadine - that ab workout sounds nasty!! we did something new the other day (not for abs) it was a normal push up, on toes of course but when you lower your self down, you bring one knee up to the elbow. OMG it is soooo hard!

Happy exercising everybody

PS - Bec, try Combat. You never know whether or not you'll like it till you try it

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast