Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

hmm... well it's subsided a bit, and I managed to keep a piece of toast down! OMG.. if this is morning sickness, how do you keep up with a toddler?? exhausted just thinking about my weeks ahead.

Goodluck Liz...... its hard enuf looking after a nealry 5 month old...i could only image looking after a 1 yo as well... lucky i havent been too sick.. but sick enuf!!

I hope its just a bug for you... and not m/s!

Whatever it is it definately doesnt sound nice! I hope you feel better soon, keep up the fluids and try and rest up as much as possible. Hope you feel 100% or at least a lot better soon *comfort hugs*

Jodie259 Guest

Liz, I'm suffering with you honey!! The m/s & the poos.

But I suffered big time with Shaun... so I'm used to this.
    I got a script for Maxolon as soon as I found out I was pregnant. It doesn't stop the nausea, but it usually stops the vomitting.
    Tonight I came home feeling queezy, and Shaun had done a little puke onto his chest. I just gagged and ran for the loo. Mind you, I've managed okay with all the poo'ey nappies. But it's been a good excuse to get DH to change him!!

I've tried all the methods; and like you, I only feel 1/2 decent when I've got food in my stomach. Trouble is, I feel to sick to eat anything. catch 22. I'm trying to drink as much fluids as possible.

Hang in there Liz... it should pass. If you're concerned, go to docs and see if it's gastro... but I'm sure it's m/s. If you are suffering get some Maxolon which is safe for baby.

Oh Jodie you poor thing

Well, I'm pleased to say I feel soooo much better this morning! So fingers crossed it was just something I ate?? I just have that left over empty kinda feeling that you get after being sick. So hopefully I can eat better today and feel better.

OMG.. just that one morning so far makes me really feel for people who are sick every day with pregnancy

Hope yours passes soon Jodie.

Default Morning sickness - when did it start and stop for you?

I'm just wondering about when some of you started suffering morning sickness and how long it lasted? I know everyone differs, hence my question.

I didn't have any during my first pregnancy but am finding myself feeling a teensy bit nauseous on the odd occasion.

Hi there - firstly congratulations!!!! I had m/s from about 7 weeks through to about 15 weeks although it eased up from about 13. I had nausea whenever I was hungry (all the time!!) and would dry retch all the time - especially at the supermarket! I also vomited about 3 times a week usually nothing but water first thing in the morning! Pretty mild to some people but still yucky - plus I was super tired during this time until about 16 weeks then great after that! Good luck with it all!

Hi Mrsr, I haven't suffered from "morning sickness" as such but I did suffer from HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM (a severe form of morning sickness)

My first pregnancy it kicked in at 6 weeks, it started in the morning as me vomitting about every 20 minutes, by bedtime that night I was vomitting every 5 minutes. I finally got my husband to drive me to the doctors around 5am when I was vomitting every 2 minutes, it was HORRIBLE to say the least. At the medical centre they gave me the jab in the bum (maxalon I think it was) then when that didnt work & they saw I was actually not over exagerating about the "every 2 minutes" part they tried Stemitel. After that too failed they sent me to the hospital.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible so I'll give you the main parts....
    I ended up being hospitalised twice for over night stays (to rehydrate etc) but sadly lost my baby at 10 weeks.

Pregnancy number 2...

As above except it didnt start until 9 weeks into the pregnancy. Because I had "been there, done that" I knew the maxalon etc wasnt going to help, so after the doctors once again tried it I was sent back to the hospital. This is where things got better!

They asked me if I'd like to try a drug they use for Chemo-therapy patients called ZOFRAN ZYDIS (I think thats how you spell it, I just call it zofran now) I took them up on it & guess what... it worked! From then on in I could have a "normal" pregnancy so to speak & start to enjoy it (although these tablets cost me $50 for 4 & I was on 4 a day so I weened myself down to 1 a day, thank goodness I could)

I tried to get off the tablets about 4 times throughout my pregnancy but each time the vomitting would start again so I was taking them until the day I had Brianna at 41 weeks. I vomitted through labour so I took one just after she was born & never had to take another one! It's funny the way your body works...

Anyway, sorry this ended up being so long I just thought I'd share my experience of "morning sickness" with you. I know everyones different & I'm not saying that woman with the standard type of morning sickness have got it easy, I know it can be horrible too.

So my answer to your question....

Yes I had morning sickness, from week 9 to week 41

CatherineL Guest

Mine sounds very similar to Danielle's.

Started at 6 weeks for me, Vomitting all day every day.. couldn't even keep water down - was checked in to hossy 3 times for dehydration and exhaustion. At 10 weeks.. i started to feel better, i was still vomitting - i just didn't have that overwhelming feeling to be sick all them time, was only really sick when i was over hungry, smelt something that i didn't like or stuffed myself too much. So from that point on it more or less came in waves.. lost 9kgs from start of pg till 13 weeks.. I still get sick - but it's not vicious or violent anymore and am able to enjoy pregnancy allot more. Another extra bonus is, i don't have to utilise the skill of spewing in a bag while driving.. a real treat

As with Danielle, the anti nausea jabbs and maxalon or other anti nausea drugs didn't work for me.

OMG girls, you poor things! mrsr, thankfully not all of us suffer that badly!

For me ms kicked in at around 5-6 weeks and eased off completely by about 13 weeks. I didn't vomit at all though (I don't do vomiting - I haven't thrown up for about 10 years, and the last time was because I ate bad mushrooms, so it was bound to happen!) I was just nauseous all day and it was far worse when i didn't eat.

I found snacking on small savory things (rice crackers, saladas, and my favourite salt & vingegar chips!) and also Schweppes traditional lemonade (the normal stuff didn't work) helped keep it at bay most of the time. Some days nothing helped and I just had to suffer through it.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones in this regard!

Did any of you have to take time off work as a result? It sounds like you would've!

I didnt - but mine wasnt severe at all and as Willow said I made sure i had dry biscuits and snacks nearby all the time to help. Im a teacher too so it was really fun trying to teach my grade 5's and 6's while not dry retching!! At the time I felt terrible but in hindsight it could have been a million times worse.

CatherineL Guest

I did.. i had so many days off.. one of the times i ended up in hossy, another girl i work with had to drive me to the hospital! lol.. i was spewing out the window..

My boss was so nice, and let me start at 9am till 4pm.. she thought that might help, because it was so much worse at the end of the week and probably because my body was over working iykwim? It actually did help, i didn't get the migraines at the end of the week... But Danny didn't want me to continue to work - i only went back to work in Jan because we couldn't have babies, and to keep me occupied because i was sick of staying at home. I finished up work at 14 weeks i think?

It started at 6 weeks to the very day with both pregnancies.
    The first time it was over by 10 weeks, and the second time it lasted until 14 weeks.
    I didn't take any time off but with the second pregnancy I knew what I was probably in for so I planned to take some of my annual leave around 8-10 weeks which certainly helped a bit.
    The second time was awful, I was sicker, for longer and I had a toddler to contend with. No fun.
    Hope you manage to avoid it altogether!

I've been extremely lucky and have had no morning sickness at all. The only time I get really nauseous is I let myself get really hungry but other than that I feel totally blessed not to have suffered from it! I was chatting to my mum the other day and she was saying that she didn't suffer from it either so maybe there's something in the genes!

*TamaraP* Guest

Oh god, I got mine at 7weeks, and still have it. I am hoping it will ease off by Monday!

I had to give up work as I was a nanny & couldn't watch the kids being as sick as I was (I was lucky to make it out of bed before I started the good medication) Once I got the medication my position had sadly been filled so I decided not to worry starting a new job when I was expecting to have a baby within months.
    I went back to work when Brianna was about 3 months old (same nanny job... other nanny was fired & I was asked to come back) but decided to give it up after a couple of months to be a SAHM

With DD it started at 6 weeks and left around 22 weeks.

This time it start around 8-9 weeks and still here (17 weeks)....but not as bad.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast