Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Acupuncture definately... and I DEFINATELY agree with the KFC chips!!!!!!

Holly

LizzysMum Guest

I too suffered from it quite badly and it was affecting my ability to care for my daughter.

I tried:

Ginger tea - made from fresh root & hot water. Had some minor relief.
    Vegemite toast - no good for me
    Mints - no good for me
    Eating a dry cracker and tea before I got out of bed each day - minor relief

Finally I went to a qualified, registered Homeopath! She helped me no end, it did not go 100% but enough so I could function semi normally.

I would also recommend acupuncture as a close friend of mine had it even worse than me and acupuncture was the only thing that relieved her of it. You do have to go quite a bit though, not just once or twice.

I had my last vomit at about 19 weeks so don't count on the magic 12 week end either.

Good Luck to her.

oliver Guest

Default morning sickness vanished

I'm 8 weeks 5 days and have had terrible morning sickness since about 5 weeks. However i woke up yesterday and today feeling fine, i'm also not so tired, my boobs don't hurt and i didn't wake up once last night to go to the toilet. I am so worried i have a missed miscarriage (i had one at 12 weeks in Jan). Is it possible for pregnancy symptons to just vanish or should i get to my Dr? Please help

it is possible.. but go to the Drs for reassurance.. They may send you for a scan. I know I go even if they just tell me everything is fine.. ((hugs)) I hope it all works out for you

It is possible for your symptoms to come and go, so while today you dont feel them as strong, you might find that tomorrow you will be sick as a dog again! But if you are concerned, then do speak to your caregiver. I know I had days where I had no nausea and id worry then it would come back with a vengance!

Im sure all is ok with your little bean, chin up and stay positive,
    Lisa

I had that with this pregnancy, although I was a little further along (about 14 weeks from memory). I woke up one morning, feeling perfectly normal and within 2 hours had convinced myself that the baby had died.

DH rang the hospital, the midwives comforted me, put the doppler on my belly and did a mini-ultrasound and everything was fine. I said I felt silly for getting so worked up, but they said they'd rather I come in and be re-assured than to stay home and stress. So, please call your hospital or doctor and get it checked out.

Celsie. xoxox

Claire Guest

My ms stopped abruptly at 9 weeks too. Very different from my previous pregnancies where I couldn't shift it even in the second trimester. Funny this is a boy and my previous two were girls.....

I was exactly the same... my ms vanished and so did my sore bb's at almost the exact same time. I'm now 13 weeks and had a scan on Wed, everything is fine and bubs is perfect so symptoms can definitely disappear without it meaning anything

They can disappear without it meaning anything, mine all went at around 13 wks, well I never had a lot of them (sore BBs etc). But the worst thing is worrying so I would go see Dr and get a scan/doppler just to be sure (plus how exciting to see your littleone or hear heartbeat in any case!) Good luck and enjoy feeling a bit better!

Oliver - my m/s also stopped abruptly at 8/9 weeks. But, as the other girls have said, it's worth getting it checked - if only for the reassurance!

This is possible - i remember waking up one morning thinking OMG all day, then the symptoms were back the next day, and although relieved I was wishing they would go away again! lol! Then at 13 weeks on the dot, I woke up, all symptoms gone, felt normal. Until I started to show there were times when I actually forgot that I was pregnant! But, if you are worried then definitely go and get checked out, especially for you piece of mind.

I am so sick as well and I wishing for the day that it goes away lol. Green Kool-Aid works wonders for me,it did work also with my last pregnancy as well.

My morning sickness and sore bb's just disappeared at 7wks - so I went to the dr and he got me to have 2 blood tests (1 that day and one 2 days later) to check HCG levels. It turns out it was fine. He said I might just be one of the lucky ones that doesn't suffer much from it. Then it came back a few days later. I lost the m/s all over again at 10 wks and we did the same blood tests. This time the HCG level had dropped, so I was sent for an emergency ultrasound. Eveything was good and baby was healthy. Apparently the HCG levels start to drop around 11-12 wks. Mine just happened earlier. I had a lot more scares after this, but with just under 8wks to go, fingers crossed there's not any more.

See your doctor or call the maternity ward at your local hospital.

Good luck.

oliver Guest

Smile

Thanks everyone for your support and reassurance. Although my symptoms have not returned, i had an u/s and everything is fine and seems to be progressing as to be expected. Just lucky me not being sick all day anymore! it was such a huge relief, its hard not to be paranoid after having a m/c. Thanks again xx

Default Work and morning sickness

Hi there!

This is my first post to this forum, I am now 9and half weeks, and still stressing as I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks last year. Why I am posting today is to hear some peoples opinions on morning sickness and work, I have read some great threads suggesting things that help with m/s, as I am finding that ginger does nothing, as does eating regularly.
    I had a mandarin first thing this morning yet as soon as I tried to get out of bed, I spent 10 mins heaving in the sink then had to go back to bed.
    My M/S has become unbearable in the past week- gone from mild nausea controlled with eating, to all day nausea, 2-3 hourly dry retching, and my first vomit out the car door in the shopping centre carpark! With it I feel weak and tired, mild headaches and lightheadedness with the nausea. I tried to go to work- a job that is on my feet for 12 hour shifts, looking after people in a busy environment. Lasted less than 4 hours before I went home in tears after dry retching over some poor staff member. I have phoned in sick since then (that was wednesday). I feel like I am not going to be able to work till it eases.
    How have other people coped with work? My boss knows I am ttc, following last years mc, but doesnt know I am pg again. Should I ask for leave without pay- have no more sick leave. Can anyone reassure me that these symptoms are normal? I am much worse than last year. I see my ob in 2 weeks.
    Thanks
    Hawksey:ms:

Hawksey
    If you can afford to take the leave...I say take it!!! You need to look after yourself and stressing isn't going to help. Your ob may even write you a letter/medical certificate? Take care and hope everything works out xxx

Hawksey. M/S is the WORST. With my first pregnancy i was working caring for ppl with intellectual disabilities and i had lots of trouble dealing with toileting/showering etc, but the worst was the soft serve meals - blerg!! I ended up telling my roster I was pg before i intended because i just couldn't hide my running to the loo to throw up a couple of times a shift! That and the fact that i was pretty useless at work really!!
    This time I've been even worse with the sickness, and it was horrible during the worst weeks with a 2yo to look after. At least last time i had sick leave - this time, no such luck.
    Anyway, if you can take the leave, do it. You might only need a couple of weeks and you'll be feeling more able to go to work. You do need to be taking care of yourself and your body at this time. And pushing yourself too hard is not doing any one any good.
    You could ring your OB or GP and ask for a prescription as there are some medications that might work for you (i tried 3 lots and they didn't work for me, but i've heard they've done wonders for others).

Hawksey,

The ginger didnt do much for me either. I dont really have any answers except to agree with Ellie and suggest you take whatever leave you can until this passes or at least eases a little.

I just keep reminding myself that this is all worth it in the end.

take care
    treelo

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast