Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

hi meegm
    what you are saying sound just like me right now i am about 8 week preg and sometimes i feel fine other days i feel like crap but i never be actually sick so i would say its normal

yeah i agree with everyone else... Mine is on and off feel very sick today thought i was going to spew this morning but it went away.. Feel yucky now just had some toast cos im soooo hungry but food is making me sick... My friend had really bad morning sickness but would have some good days and bad ones..

u guys are lucky i have had m/s for the last 4 weeks all day everyday feelin really bad rite now and wind omg i have so much of it it's not funny is there anything i can to to try stop the wind???? with my 1st i only had 3 day of m/s wish it was same this time

I am so jealous of you guys! I'm told it's very normal to have on/off m/s, I wish mine had an off button! Even just for a day! I am counting down to 12 weeks, desperately hoping that I won't be one of those people who have it the whole 9 months! Couldn't cope with that!!!!

I have a few friends who have m/s that comes and goes, I think sometimes it can be worse if you've been overdoing it? Hopefully it will ease up for you in a few weeks......

AmyBaby Guest

Don't worry, I have had the same concerns the last few days, but do realise its normal, despite my worry.

The last few days I have felt totally fine in the mornings, and not as hungry and as other parts of the day or previous days, but then shortly after lunch, I start to feel sick. Feel like no matter what I eat, I am never full for long.

In the mornings I check my boobs etc to make sure they haven't disappeared! hahaha. This afternoon when m/s kicked in, my boobs also started aching on top, which I have never felt as bad as I did today. Headaches etc.

Presently eating some beef two minute noodles to help get me through grocery shopping tonight. I always find THE WORST time of the day for me is late afternoon, early evening before we have dinner.

Unhappy Really Bad Morning Sickness

My sister is 10 weeks pregnant but is having really bad morning sickness. She's been off work for the past 2-3 weeks with it, and can't keep any meals down for more than 10 minutes. Ginger isn't working. She's in a pretty bad way mentally, getting very worked up and upset about how bad she feels.

I told her to go to the doctors again to see if they can give her something to help, but just wondering if anybody has any ideas since she's very down about it all. I suggested she just eat a bite or two every now and then rather than eat meals. Any other ideas?

i found suckin on a mint or a chupa chup helped i knw how she feels i have had really bad m/s this time and it's all day hope she feels beta very soon

sucking on lollies is known to help, and I took Blackmores Morning sickness tablets and I swear by them. Having said that, everyone is different and what works for one won't work for another. I found fruit teas (and I HATE tea) helped....I also found lemon drinks helped me too. Vegemite on toast eased it a little....hmm....relaxing also helps. I found the more stressed I was, the worse M/S got. I hope something out of this helps. M/S is terrible and I really feel for her!

Oh, I forgot, you can get travel sickness bands to help ease M/S. Maybe they will work for you? I'm not sure I can remember anything else ATM. Sorry....

I found hvaing up and go's helped - it doesn't do anything for the MS but I could keep them down which kind of helped with my mental state. It can be really awful.

The travel-sick wrist bands worked for me, but I occassionally still felt sick.

As for the mental side of things, I"m afraid I don't have much to offer. It REALLY got me down a lot and I was adamant that Bob would be an only child! People continually telling me "Oh, you'll get better soon" didn't help!!!!

Only a few weeks later and I'm feeling a million times better and in a much better frame of mind. Sorry, I have no advice and I don't want to be one of those people to say "Oh, you'll feel better soon"!

My friend is a midwife and I was chatting with her the other day re: this joyous thing called m/s ( ) and she said that there are things that doctors can prescribe these days that are harmless to the baby. She also said that it is understandable that pg women don't want to put any drugs into their systems for fear of it affecting bubs but again, she reassured me that they are completely safe for our little bubbas.

It's a personal choice but if it means that your sister starts enjoying her journey it will certainly assist in her picking up mentally!

I completely understand too so I hope she gets thru this soon!!!

As crazy as it sounds (and people always look at me weirdly when i say it), green apples got me throught the first 20 weeks of m/s. Nothing else worked that was suggested. No one told me green apples but i learnt to eat them from about 7 weeks onwards. Had to be cold though, really cold apples helped more then room temperature ones.

I also found apples were good.
    My doctor prescribed Maxolon for me too which helped a bit.
    I think I lived on apples and milk arrowroot biscuits for first 12 weeks of my pregnancy lol.
    Hope she feels better soon.

Default Morning sickness

Hello
    to those of you who have/are expereincing morning sickness - do you have some days that are worse than others or is it fairly constant?.

I have been finding that some days I feel absolutely terrible, while others only mildy so. On the days I dont feel as bad I start thinking that something may have happened to the baby, but then usually the following day I am back to feeling terrible. But I cant help but stressing and wondered if others had experienced similar

Jem

lucysmummie Guest

yeah with lucy I was all over the place i would feel great in the morning but be aweful at night... dont stress stress is bad for bubs!!!

HTH goodluck

yeah, I had the same thing. I even went a whole week feeling normal and then bam - ms would be back. I know it's hatd not to worry but try and enjoy the good days

Default feeling it today..

hi,

wow... woke up this morning with what feels like the left overs of a big night out but without the fun...

Ive got m/s (even threw up), head ache and sooo tired.....on top of that my beautiful girl loves to climb all over me...

any suggestions to stop the queasy feeling and head aches (tried herron-but came up- sorry tmi)

hope youare all feeling well today
    Amy

Hi Jemima,

I had the same thing. Some days I would feel absolutly awful, other days not as bad. I know it rings alarm bells but try not to feel too stressed. Can you tell by other ways? i.e. nipple size, breast tenderness, tiredness.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast