Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

Hi Ally, I hope you're feeling much better soon. So sorry hun I can't say about the maxolon, I just wanted to pop in and tell you about using ginger as there was a trial done at the Women and Children's Hospital in Adelaide recently that found it was very effective if taken in capsule form. You said you've tried everything so you might not have had success but if not it's worth a go.

Blackmores has a formulation that includes the correct dosage of ginger along with B6 (also recommended). Or you might be better off with a liquid gel type ginger capsule 9easier to absorb). The other thing you might try is acupuncture, they got very good results with that in another trial at the WCH. Just another couple of options if you're not comfortable with the prescription medicine.
    :hugs:

Ally ,i hope you feel better soon. I used Maxolon a little bit when I was constantly spewing everything I ate. I think I got it when I was about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant. It worked a little, but I didnt use it everyday. I just used it on the particularly bad days.
    My doctor told me it is completely safe to use during pregnancy, as long as you dont exceed the recommended dose.

My dr prescribed it for me and told me to take it beofre going to bed and then when I woke up, said something about it assists in moving things through the digestive tract. I ended up stopping as I would rather vomit and then feel better (vomit then feel better all morning and than all night) than feel nausous ALL DAY which is how the maxalon made me feel

I used maxalon and stemitill and it still didn't work. In the end I used zoflan - which is what they give to people going through Chemo.
    Istruggled with the fact that i was putting a drug into my body - even though I was assured that it was safe to use. I came to terms with it by knowing that it was better to take the drug, than to be dehydrated and malnourished as i could not keep anything down
    HTH

I was just thinking that maybe we need a sticky thread with the different things people have found most useful in dealing with m/s because it is a thread which comes up a lot.

Ally, I found sea bands invaluable!! Available from most chemists they look like tennis wrist bands and have magnets which go on accupressure points. Made me feel a lot better than without even though not 100% but that was ok cos it was better than when I didn't have them

Ally, I really hope you start to feel better soon or find something which helps you to feel human.

i have been using maxalon on days when my m/s is really bad - well nights too & i also use the blackmores morning sickness tablets & have them to be good too

Hi Ally,

I used maxalon last time and I found it only took the edge off. I used it for maybe a week and stopped because if there was any risk in taking it, I thought it wasn't worth it for the results I got.

I too used maxolon, but I only took it twice as I didn't find it stopped me from feeling sick at all.

Like Cass, I've found the sea-sickness bands WONDERFUL. I'm still wearing them because when I don't wear them I end up getting worse (still feel sick about 50% of the time, but it's nowhere near as severe as it is without the bands). I've got the velcro bands, but would like to find some of the elasticy ones as the velcro aggravates my skin.

I used them once and felt bad afterwards that i could harm bub that i never used them again. I tried everything to combat my 24/7 sickness which lasted to 20 weeks. The only thing i found helped (and now swear by and will use for future pregnancies) and GREEN APPLES. They done wonders for me. Didnt take the sickness away but sure eased it and let me get on with day to day living.

I hope you feel better soon

Hi Ally,
    I agree with Marydean, Ginger tablets/capsules were really great for me. I lived on them for my first 20 weeks. I tried sea-bands, but they didn't work on the really bad days. My doctor also offered Maxolon, but suggested it only after I'd tried everything else first.

JadeTara Guest

Dont feel bad for having to take Maxalon, I know heaps of women that took it and have perfectly healthy babies.
    I am allergic to it and have been taking Zofran from 6 weeks still to this day, have been in hospital 4 times with dehydration from severe m/s and if it wasnt for the Zofran I truly believe I may of thrown myself out of a moving car. I just got out of hospital again and am feeling quite good, so we shall see how long it lasts.
    Its a quality of life thing, dont try to be extra strong if its too hard.
    Good luck.

I was prescribed Maxalon as well Ally and would you believe my luck.... it didn't do a thing!! If it had worked though I would have taken it every day - I was so so sick and still needed to work. I hope you're feeling better soon hun!

I have had three babies and suffered from severe m/s each time until 20-24 weeks. It was just awful. I tried everything, and I mean everything. I felt sick from the moment I woke up to the moment I would mercifully fall asleep. To me, it felt like I had gastro for 4-5 months. I tried all the natural remedies (had bruises on my wrists from those damn sea bands - I know they work for some, but not for me!), I tried acupunture (maybe it took a very small about of the m/s away), ginger/b6 (couldn't really tell the difference), and then my Dr. prescribed Zofran. I was also a little worried about how it may affect my baby (I was assured by my Dr. that it was perfectly safe). I only took a lose dose and it only helped a small about (still felt sick, just didn't vomit as much). I've heard Maxolon is similar to Zofran in that it doesn't really take the sick feeling away, it just reduces the vomit. The only time I felt "ok" was for the 5-10 min after I vomited, so after a few weeks on Zofran I gave it up.

Hope you are feeling better soon because I can remember how awful it was. Mary

Thank you all so much for your replies! They have been very helpful !
    Thankfully, I am feeling a little better today, so i am hoping that the worst of it is easing up a bit! I have still been procrastinating about taking the maxolon, so havent taken it as yet, but can totally understand those who have....I certainly wont rule it out on those shocking days! The sea bands arent working for me, but the ginger tablets are taking the worst of it away, thank goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeTara View Post
    if it wasnt for the Zofran I truly believe I may of thrown myself out of a moving car.
    I can really relate to you Jade....Its so horrible, you just cant see the end!

Thanks again ladies

Default Morning sickness Q - is this normal

Is it normal to have ON & OFF morning sickness ?

sometimes i wake up with it sometimes i dont , sometimes i get it in the morning sometimes in the evening.. sometimes not at all ???????

I dont actually throw up to much usually just a full on dry reaching session sometimes just a feeling of fullness or nausea like i need to keep taking deep breaths. ?

Hi Meegm,
    I am throwing up quite a bit but I certainly have periods where I feel fine - particulary after eating a cheeseburger. I'm addicted to them again. (Was with DS too)
    I think it is perfectly normal for it to be on and off. With DS I had m/s really bad and I remember an entire day of feeling fine and I freaked out something was wrong but it was all fine.

Thanks MelH

I know what im having for lunch but im going DOUBLE CHEESEBURGEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR

everything you have asked so far is very normal. Althought every woman experiences different "normal" through their pregnancies.

Some dont get m/s at all, others get it right through. Mine started at 10 weeks and is just easing up now. I didnt throw up every morning, just some. And never in the afternoon.

HTH

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast