Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

pholmes Guest

HI,

yep I have some days that are not as bad as others. Monday I didnt feel too bad and got to have a nap as the little ones slept at the same time. Today I feel terrible, sick and tired. I feel like I could sleep for a week. With my first I was sick constantly with my other two I was like this, some days are worse than others. Try not to worry, just make the most of the good days.

Yea I Know How You Feel One Day U Feel Ok But Worried That Something Has Happened But The Next Your Back To Feeling Bad Again Just When I Think It's Getting Better It Goes Back To Being Bad. Even Just Lookin At Things Now Makes Me Feel Sick Or The Smell Of Somethings Like When My 2 Yr Old Lets Off Omg I Have To Make A Run For It To The Bathroom Nothing Seems To Help Wish I Had M/s Like I Did With Key Only 3 Days Of It Not Weeks On End

I got the worst morningsickness - 30 out of 37 weeks!. I hope the morning sickness eases! but when i stopped getting morning sickness i stressed for the whole last 7 weeks!

Default Morning sickness

I'm just curious as to how long morning sickness lasts for>? What are your experiences with it?

Hi there, I had all day sickness from about 6 to 15 weeks. Nausea all day and vomiting at least once a day. It got especially bad at about 8 weeks, but was pretty much completely gone from about 16 weeks. I did have a little episode over NY for a few days, but it's gone again now YAY!

I can tell you, it's so nice to feel relatively normal again, and to be able to enjoy life! The only thing that's hung around is the gagging, I still can't brush my teeth properly LOL!

I hope that your ms doesn't hang around too long, it really is the pits

Hello, congrats on your pregnancy!
    I had yukky all day sickness from about 5 weeks. It started to ease off about 11 or 12 weeks. I was sick everyday, but I would have to say that mine was also at its worst at around the 8 or 9 week mark. Since then, I have felt a bit off every now and then and had a few times where I have spewed, but most of the time I've been feeling quite good.

ohhh i just got my bfp and am dreading morning sickness to the point where i am scared of it!!!

Default Morning sickness

I'm nearly in my 9th week, and my morning sickness has peaked! I have it all day...have even gone off my food. Must be bad for all of us around the 8 - 9th week mark?

I felt pretty bad from weeks 7-12... I went off food and everything. Now at 12 wks I am feeling relatively normal and starting to eat more food again. Just gotta make sure I dont get too hungry or I'll be at the loo!

Mysti yeah mine was rather bad around that time, and I went to my GP and got some Maxolon which helped a little bit. Some people use ginger too which helps some people. I just ate milk arrowroots all day and made sure I was taking my vitamins, because pretty much any food would just come back up pretty quickly. I hope it goes away soon.

Actually I found that too Veronica, about being sick if I was very hungry!

Noni i hope its not too bad for you.

I had MS from about 8 wks to 19 wks, usually involving a vomit most mornings and all-day nausea. Weirdly, I found eating a pretty greasy breakfast (e.g. bacon and eggs) at about 9am (after I'd already had a vomit) usually helped the nauseous feeling.

Hi Cherie - I hear you on the greasy food. I had mild all day nausea (never peaked into vomiting) from 5 weeks through to 18-19 weeks. The only food that would ever 'cut' that nauseous feeling was deep fried items (!) preferably protein. That goes against every thing you read about what foods to steer clear of!
    I found B6 helped and lots of small snacks throughout the day, as well as getting a rest as if I got too tired it was worse.
    :-)

sajemsha Guest

Smile

awww did someone say bacon and eggs, I've had craving for bacon and eggs, that now sounds really nice for brekky
    With my 3 girls I had m/s all day every day for 12 weeks, with this baby I had m/s sickness early on for a couple of weeks then it's seamed to be not so bad, if I get too tired or eat the wrong food I feel a bit crook and I agree with that I to get sick feeling if I get too hungry. I find honey on toast and a cup of tea settles thing down I'm actually surprised by the lack of m/s I'm feeling with this baby, but I'm already expanding so I know that all's well. At 10 weeks I'm cruising along. Now where's that bacon and eggs

Rose baby#4

Percy Guest

Not everyone gets it - I never had any at all and my baby is perfectly fine! So don't worry if you don't get any at all!!

Default Morning sickness

I guess we are all different when it comes to morning sickness. Some get it bad TO mild, while others don't get it at all. I totally agree on the greasy food - Bacon and Eggs does wonders! I only ever vomit once a day, and thats when i first wake up....but i have all day nausea. I keep hearing about ginger??? Might give it a go. Not that i was ever a big fano f ginger...lol

Mysti, the Women and Children's hospital in Adelaide did a study ( you can read about it on their website) where they found that ginger significantly reduced severity of M/S (by about 50%) in the majority of cases, whether mild or severe. They did a similar thing with B6, and Blackmores has a morning sickness formula that contains the ginger and the B6 together in the dosage amts recommended by these studies.

I have some of these and will take them religiously and hopefully we can avoid the worst of it this time round (I'm already craving ginger, can't get enough ginger beer and ordered Ginger Chicken at the Chinese place last night, it was supposed to be for sharing but I practically ate the LOT)!! If you don't like ginger the tablets are the way to go, I reckon.
    :-)

Default Morning sickness

Thankyou Marydean....Much appreciated

I used the tablets and found that they did help a little....as long as you take them religously!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast