Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Morning Sickness Discussion

sajemsha Guest

has anyone else tried the preggy pops?

Hi sajemsha
    I have m/s all day everyday, got worse around the 9 week mark.
    I have tried the preggie drops (same thinkg but lollies not lolly pops). They are good while you are sucking on them and they are a good size so they last a while. And I think I get continued relief after I've finished one for about 30 minutes or so.

The lady I bought them off said she had heaps of positive feedback. Ithink the more sever m/s you have then the less they work. I keep some in my hand bag for when I get stuck out somewhere and start to feel REALLY average.

clare076 Guest

Default morning sickness, worse at night

Hi girls, firstly I am by no means complaining about having morning sickness. I would start panicing if I woke one morning and had none, but I am feeling pukey all day and worse at night.

I am waking in the night vomiting! I have tried snacking on crackers, gingernut biscuits (all worked with Shelby) but I just cannot stomach the thought of eating. Even the smell of vegemite is making me feel queasy.

What can I do to take the edge of it? I dont want to get medicated, I seem to be able to keep fluids down, I just feel like I am on a boat when I lay down at night

Hey
    I dont no how much help i am going to be but just wanted to say that with this pregnancy
    in the first trimester i couldnt eat anything and nothing would help
    but i had to try something so a tried fruit like oranges realy made me feel alot better and drinking hot orange hit the spot too
    i hope that you find something that settles your m/s

Take care
    Eve

I know how you feel. My pregnancy last year had me feeling like that. I did find that not laying flat helped a lot. I had a large flattish, tapered foam wedge cut and found that if I lay on that, it helped to control the "rolling bed" syndrome.

I also found that keeping the fluids up with things like fruit juice and milkshakes helped to control the blood sugar levels and eased the night sickness off a bit so that I could at least sleep.

Lisa

*hugs* I'm sorry - I don't really have any advice as my m/s wasn't as bad as yours sounds. I was going to suggest not lying flat too - maybe some well-placed pillows might help?
    Hope it eases up for you soon.

angel_eyes Guest

I had morning sickness at night with DS and the only thing that helped me was popcorn.

clare076 Guest

Thanks for the hints. I have found laying on my side helps a bit, but I suppose it's because by the evening I am exhausted making it worse. I am finding that the nausea (not just little waves, full on near puking) is eased with eating something but comes back within about 10mins of finishing. I cant eat all day, I will be the size of a house.

I am going out tomorrow to stock up on fresh fruit and will prepare carrot sticks etc to nibble on all day. I also bought a popcorn machine so might make up a batch.

Please keep the hints coming. i had all day sickness with Shelby until 32 weeks, and this is worse. Hopefully it means a healthy bub

I'm sure it means a healthy bub Clare, but I do feel really sorry for you! I had 24 hour sickness until 16 weeks and it's awful! All I can suggest is to keep up the snacks before you go to bed to help your blood sugar, eat whatever doesn't make you vomit, and try sleeping propped up a bit (I know that's awful). My ms started off with me needing to eat all the time from about 6-8 weeks, then it switched to me hardly eating at all! I'm just starting to put on weight now.

I really hope it eases up a little for you soon!

Hi Clare - full sympathies and I hope you can get on top of this and SOON! The Women and Children's Hospital in Adelaide did some recent studies which you can read about on their website - involving using (separate studies) ginger and acupuncture to lessen the effects of morning sickness. Both of these were found to be effective in lessening the severity of symptoms. Blackmores has a morning sickness formula that contains both ginger and B6 in the dose recommended by the study.
    HTH

Default No Morning Sickness?

I am 61/2 weeks pregnant and have not had anything! Besides having a sick taste in my mouth a couple of days it would be nothing. My bb's have only been sore and if it wasn't for the BFP I wouldn't know I was pregnant.

I'm concerned about not having any symptoms. Has anyone not had any ms?

Debbie Lee Guest

Don't fret, Lulu. Often m/s doesn't kick in until 7-8 weeks. I know with my first I was crook as a dog from 7-17 weeks!
    This time I haven't vomitted (yet!) but I do feel queasy in the mornings and sometimes all day. It didn't start until 7-8 weeks and is still going at 13 and a bit weeks.
    You'll start getting stronger symptoms soon enough. Remember... a lot of women don't even know they're pregnant until well into the first trimester (sometimes longer!) so it is possible to have very few symptoms in the early weeks

Lulu, you could be one of those fortunate people who doesn't get m/s (I didn't get any for either of my pgs)

Embrace and enjoy!

i only got morning sickness with my third baby, 6-13w. With my first two, i only have the extreme fatigue, and the metiallic taste in my mouth. Just pray you dont get morning sick..

ETA i got night sickness from 31-37w with my first 2...

LuLu, you could be lucky! I was lucky and didn't get any and had the same concerns but you will find a lot of people don't get any sickness. I had a few days of nausea....maybe 6-7 days but that was it.

As people will tell you, live it up! At least you aren't slumped over the toilet bowl all day for 3 months And trust me, you will be loving it that you don't get any as you will hear from people that wished the didn't have any either!

Enjoy!!

angel_eyes Guest

Lulu1 you are lucky!

I didn't get MS until 9 weeks with DS.

I had no morning sickness with either of the girls but a lot with Riley.

Default Morning sickness

M/s for me didn't start till 7 1/2 half weeks, and i too, was worried about the lack of symptoms early on..... But, they arrived! And now i wish i didn't have any,

All will be fine, Just relax and Enjoy your pregnancy.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast