Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Vent Thread #1

LOL, Danni, give in - I'm sooo grateful to be pg and love every minute, but I'm so over this stupid baby trying to ram it's way out of my stomach - feels like it's doing a run up and leaping onto the uterine wall just to escape. I swear it's worse at work because I can't stop what I'm doing and pay it attention!

Babushka Doll Guest

Get Ready here goes.......

1. I am sick of everyone else around me including Shayne going to xmas parties and drinking and being Merry! oh I would kill for a wine! I went to a party on Saturday night and for once was the most sensible person there.... i remembered to turn the gas off on the BBQ for gawds sake! BORING
    2. I want to eat some oysters , brie, wine and prawns.
    3. I am sick of my body producing so much bloody gas! oUCH - all i want to eat is grapes!
    4. Im at the 'is she fat or pregnant stage' and feel like a big cow.
    5. 4 hours constant sleep is a god send - lucky to get 2 without having to weee all night
    6. AND FINALLY - I wish i could like the nympho i have become (in pregnancy) and not worry about hurting the baby afterwards!!

hahaha Merry Xmas Everyone! mwaa

lol, good one Babushka. Im with you on the "drinking and being merry"!!!

Oh here i go again......
    I want my back to stop being sore.. Like Shannon i cant sit, stand, lay down, pick up DS, even SHOWER without it hurting. I think i like the panadine forte suggestion as panadol doesnt work, drs app on thurs, maybe hit him up for a script!
    Oh and i want to sleep! I sleep better during the day than night, i have to share the bed at night and its just not comfy... Thought about putting DS in with DF and sleeping in his room, but DS kicks and stuff, not that it would bother me! lol.
    Oh and swelling of hands and feet! I have NEVER had it so bad. I got DF to massage my feet last night to reduce the swelling and aches but it made it worse! I dont know... I just cant wait just over 8 weeks to go!

haha you guys are funny

I am LOVING being pregnant, but so many things should be ommitted from this journey I think

*Mummy loves you Junior*

i am almost at the end but a good vent never hurts!!!!

i am 38 weeks with my second, i had enjoyed the 1st and 2nd trimester of this pregnancy but as soon as i hit 3rd trimester everthing went downhill. i now have constant shooting pains up and down my right leg as well as my knee getting inflamed and very painful. i have extreme hip pain i can barely move, rolling over in bed consists of a 10 point turn with my moaning in pain, finally getting over and then realising i need to pee. i can't stand and sit for too long, this bubby was measuring 4kg at 36 weeks and the weight of the belly is soo sore. i will be so glad when this little one is evicted next thursday at 39 weeks. i cant believe i still have another week of this especially over xmas. it has been hard for my DS as i can't do all the things i used to do with him. my DH has also had to work and then come home to do some of the domestics because i physically can't do most of them.

even as i type this my whole leg is in pain and i can't get comfy at all. Please let this week go quickly so its all over!!
    treena

Well I have been lurking here but am now giving in. I'm only 7w3d and have been getting all day nausea for about 2 weeks now. Its slowly getting worse to the point that driving to work is absolute torture - after an hour in the car i feel sick for about 2 hours! Haven't thrown up yet, but the nausea and headspins are making life hell. Don't feel like eating anything, but feel sick if I don't. Lat night I cooked dinner and then was turned off the smell and didn't enjoy eating it at all.

Caro, I think that's my main pregnancy problem - the lack of support I've had and the five gazillion different midwives who all tell me off for something different - I'm a grown woman; treat me as such! I know I've had a really easy pregnancy, especially when I read about others, but I could do with not having to remind DH that he's to wash up the pots after I spent an hour cooking for him, or just not running around at work! (Last day tomorrow, huzzah!)

Everyone has something bad about pregnancy, even if they don't want to acknowledge it. My "preg hormone attacks" have been dreadful, as has my stupid streak which means I won't ask for help unless I'm about to die otherwise (although people are still unwilling to help) and the back pain and sciatica I wouldn't wish on anyone - some people have other problems, but we all have problems. Even if we're just living in denial! And I 'd never think anyone who hated pregnancy hated the baby, BTW - I really admire you for being willing to put yourself through it all again. You're much more of a stronger woman than I!

Hi girls just sticking my head in to give belly rubs all round.

If only pregnancy wasn't such a pain to our bodies hey. While I did enjoy being pregnant, there were times that I just couldn't wait for bub to leave to womb.

Remember at the end of it all you will get a gorgeous little person to love and hold. All of this [email protected] you are going through right now is so worth it.
    But most of you know that already

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope all bubs on the inside give mummy a break over the festive season

Oh, I'm so glad I have read this thread!!!!!!!

I love what you said Shannon.........I am working out that I don't 'do a good pg'! I feel surprised and disappointed with myself because I couldn't wait to get pg and I always thought that I would love every second of it. Especially after having the m/c I thought I would appreciate it even more.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy to be having a baby, and I love my growing tummy (for now anyway!). I get very excited when people notice that I'm pg. I am just not *good* at being pg IYKWIM. Thank goodness the m/s has laid off for now, otherwise I would have gone round the bend I think!

I shouldn't complain, because so many people are worse off than me.

Thanks you girls for helping me to feel normal, I really mean it

LOL, Caro, I didn't look at your age - I just admire anyone who has a bad pregnancy and knowingly puts themselves through it again. If I had half as bad a time as many people here I'd either just have the one, adopt or find a surrogate!

I'd be mad about your treatment too - I started off by fuming at the midwife inside my own head, but then slowly started sticking up for myself... so when I was told off for the bump being too small (after having the "urgent" scan because of small bump) I even told the nasty midwife that bump-measuring was a stupid idea! What sort of midwife tells you off for the size of your bump? I don't care what weight I have or haven't put on, or about the size of the bump, I just want a healthy baby to come out!

I think gender disappointment was why I didn't want to find out the sex - I know when I see my baby I'll be so happy that gender won't matter, whereas when it's a bump it would affect me more. It has taken me a very long time to be OK with having a "whatever" - if I'd have found out at 19 or 21 weeks what I was having, I'd have a big problem getting used to it. And even bigger if I was told the "right" gender and it came out as the "wrong" one! I'm still happy and grateful I can get pg so easily and that the baby is healthy, but even if you struggle that's no reason to not want one gender over another - I'm sure a fair few of the LTTTC girls would agree that although they just want a baby, they'd love a baby boy/girl if they could pick.

You deserve good treatment, not to be overlooked because you're pregnant; that means by know-all midwives and obs who are "busy" - that's not your fault - and by everyone around you - they should look after you more, not ignore you!

*tip toes in.... shuffles from foot to foot & then Yells!!!*

All I want for Christmas is to wake up in labour!!!

My pregnancy with Maddy was a piece of cake, it went super fast I was constantly fine, i never felt queasy, tired or lacked any motivation, I never had cramps, pains, backache or fear....

This preg I am scared & afraid about late preg loss, coz now I have read about it happening & I know it can happen to anyone!

I am nuaseas 24/7 & vomiting sporadically, I am so freaking pooped that I have barely enough energy to remember to breathe let alone function & work & run a house!

I love this baby so much it aches in my heart, but I just want to go to sleep & wake up in labour!!!! I am over it already & I hate myself for being so down when other are LTTC!!!

ok im lost now!!!

What I was meant to say.....:

I was ttc for such a long time, that I don't feel it fair for me to come in here and complain about all the difficult parts of my pregnancy. I could list a thousand things that Im struggling with, but tried to stay away. I guess I'm here now though!

Im sorry Shan if you thought I implied anything other than what I meant to say.

Im loving the fact that I will be a mother soon, but hating the fact I have to be pregnant first

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Danni... I felt the same when I was having rotten m/s with Gab. We'd tried for so long to make her so how dare I whinge and complain?? Still... I felt like rat-sh!it... vomitting... nauseated allllll day long. It sucked for a while there! Don't feel bad.... it doesn't mean you're a horrible person. Pregnancy is no walk in the park and, for some, it's terrible. Whinge away my dear!

This preg I am scared & afraid about late preg loss, coz now I have read about it happening & I know it can happen to anyone!
    Me too, Tracey. In fact that's one of the things I'm referring to in my "morbid thoughts" thread (probably should have just posted in here). As it is, I'm lacking a hek of a lot of symptoms that I did have with Gab at this stage (aweful nausea, spewing, cramping etc.) so I worry all the time that maybe Little Bee has stopped growing

Caro - it's so hard not to think of the horrible things that can happen, hey? Uno it's silly and pointless to allow yourself to think of aweful things but they're there nonetheless.

Ryn - I can't believe you were told off about the size of your bump! OMG! Everyone carries differently. Hek... some women don't even look preggo at full term (thus the reason why it's possible for someone to not even know they were pregnant!). My goodness! What a silly midwife. Glad you put her back in her place!
    Last edited by Debbie Lee; December 22nd, 2006 at 09:32 PM.

Caro, Indah was my 2nd & Dh's 1st... half as many persons came in to meet Indah in hospital that did when I had Maddy... was it beacuse at the time I was single & tey somehow thought i needed them & now I have a Dh he is there to help, or was it that she was my second???

You cant help but wonder hey!?

I get from ppl now... Dont you know yet how it happens, maybe you should work that out so your not constantly pregnant! Or so your only going for a boy I guess!?

It ****es me right of... Ofcourse i know how it happens & 3 in my eyes isnt enough, not too many!!! Grrrrr! I'd have had 6 I think had I met Dh earlier!!! & NO I DONT WANT A BOY! I want a baby!!!!!!!!

I love being pg other than all my hospital visits and the waiting to see if i get PE worse than it already is. I hope i don't have much longer to wait in the NY to hold our little girl.

My other two pregnancies where easy other than getting PE. I guess that's what i get for not getting m/s

Tracey i am the same if i met DH earlier we would go on and have 4 but i don't think i can put myself through that well at the moment i can't ask me again in another year.

Debbie Lee Guest

Caro - friends of mine that have had 2 or more say they get less and less interest with each child. I think people only make a massive fuss with your first baby. It's sad but, for some reason, it's seen as an amazing milestone. Any consequent children are just par for the course
    I've moved away from my friends and family (2.5 hours away) so this time IS different but it's hard to compare. Would it seem different if I was still living in Geelong? More than likely!

I'm just amazed at the interest we're getting from DP's side of the family. They even cried when we told them we were pg!

My side doesn't really show emotion, plus they're in Brissie, so its hard to say what their reaction is. But I have a feeling if the first one's a girl and then the second a boy, there will be a lot of interest, as it will be the first boy on both sides to "carry the name" so to speak.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast