Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the 1st Trimester March 2007

Hi everyone,

Chelle - Welcome to our little gang, hopefully you too will join us all when we upgrade to the pregnancy thread.

Lynn - Wow, what a day you have had. I think you and DH made a good decision to keep Cooper home with you for a little while. I have Asha with us too, we are not sure if that is where she will stay or if we will take her to the garden at the cemetary, but home is where we need her right now. I am happy that you have made that decision. It must have been tough to go on your own, but I am sure that your little angel is so proud of you. The meeting is on at 10:30, I am pretty sure, but I am catching up with my friend tomorrow and I will double check, and it is at the Sids and Kids office at Rozelle hospital.

Mel - Sorry, but I decided to keep the Nathan cd. Well, I am coming up for ovulation, so I thought I needed the soft n sultry sound of his voice to help us get in the mood. Lol, maybe I can burn you a copy. I am sorry you had a $hitty day at work. I can't believe that you had to sit through that on your first day. Well, it will be your turn soon, so don't let it get you down.

Spring - I know, I always think back to the things I was thinking in the last month or so before Asha died. I knew something was different. I never had those feelings with DS, and I hope to god I never have those feelings again. DP and I have talked a few times about the circimstances, and I guess we are just trying to make ourselves feel a little better, but we have decided that the way she left us was probably the best way in the whole horrible situation. It sounds weird, but as I was telling you yesterday, three days later I would have been having my next ultrasound, and they would have picked up the fluid in her body, and that her lungs were too little and that she was never going to make it, so we would have had to make the decision to either induce me, and watch her struggle to breathe on her own and suffer, or just wait for her to go in utero. I can't imagine being able to cope in either situation, so I am grateful that it happened how it did, iykwim. It actually makes me so mad that i should say that I am 'grateful' but I just mean that it could have been worse. I have to tell myself that. And maybe as you said, they waited for us to be ready, well as ready as you could ever be. I just miss her so much.

Nat - I hope you and you family are doing ok after today

to everyone and to Spring!

Nat & Deb, I need some advice on Clomid & Metformin. I know that I don't need to be charting because I am being tested but I just feel like I am doing something positive when I take my temp every morning. Can Clomid & Metformin affect my temps. This is the first cycle that I have been on both meds and my temps seem to be quite high. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ok, just need to vent!!!

I want to be involved in what is going on with my body, so I am interested to know what my hormone levels are and what that means - I didn't think this was too much to ask!!! I just feel like I was so naive with my first pregnancy because I thought everything was ok, so I just want to know what is going on and have as much knowledge as possible.

Anyway..........I called the clinic this morning to see if they are doing a scan tomorrow when I have a BT. They said no I am not booked in. They will see what my levels are like and then my FS will decide if I need a scan. So I asked what my levels were. She started asking me why I was being monitored and said that my FS knows my levels and will let me know when i need to do an u/s or have another BT. Surely it is my right to know what my levels are and to have an understanding of what levels are considered low or what levels I need for o????????????????????????? She finally gave me my levels and of course they don't really mean anything to me although she said that you need an estrogen level of about 600 for o and I was at 83 on Saturday so pretty low. But I feel like I need to know this information.

Then I asked if they have clinics in Qld because we are thinking about going away in April to visit DH's brother. I explained that I didn't want to be away if I couldn't be tested and her answer was I'm sure we could do something - WTF does that mean!!!!! So now I don't know whether I should book the flights or not! Someone help! Deb do you know if I can be tested somewhere in QLD. We will be on the gold coast. I am pretty positive that I will be UTD by April, but I just want to be prepared!

hey Lynn,
    I am not sure if you could be tested in QLD, but I would think that your clinic would have been able to sort something for you. I just wanted to say that I am loving your positive attitude, and I too think you will be UTD by April, we all will.

Good morning gorgeous ones!!!

Firstly Chelle - I am so very very happy that you are here again my love. I have wondered after you a lot and haven't seen you "around" much. Welcome and I am sure you will be supported through your journey in here by some very special women...
    Are you on clomid this cycle Chelle? If you are on cd13 I would be using that OPK today!

Lynn, it is possible due to the increase in hormone activity that this is why you would be getting high temps. One more sleep to go and its FS TIME!!!!! I am sending you every positive thought I can my love. It was a huge day for you yesterday - you have such courage to go alone. I hope you are okay...

Nat: I have been thinking of you and your family... :hugs:

Mel: I am hoping for you that THIS is it! It's just a tad early to begin the test fest lovey so hang on there for a while!!!! That would have been hard to hear on your first day at work... :hugs:

Spring: Big belly rubs to you. I am glad things are peaceful at the moment on the family front...

Me, well I am getting lots of twinges and aches in my lower belly - I think my "girls" had a shallacking this cycle!!! Getting up to the loo a few times a night which indicates that the progesterone levels have gone up - so let's hope they are showing a good level and that the clomid has worked it's magic.
    My two little girls and I have been working in the garden today - a bit of an Autumn clean up we are having here!!!! We have had so much rain that everything is just growing out of control. Our chookies haven't produced an egg yet - so I had a little chat to them .

I hope you are all having a great day.

Sorry Lynn,
    I had half written my post earlier this morning and completed it now when I came in for lunch. I didn't see your most recent post... :hugs:

It IS your right to know your levels. In fact it is your responsibility to know as much as you can about what it all means. 83 does indicate that ovulation is a way off - to be expected on cd9 in a woman who ovulates later I would think ... I get very annoyed with health care professionals that don't want to divulge information. Having said that it can be a tricky position for a nurse as she/he really can't talk to you without having the consent of the overseeing obs. Perhaps this is why she was a bit cagey.

I would talk to your FS and ask for more information. Ask for the low down. Ask for what levels he wants to see and why. I would also ask that this information be provided to you when you phone for your results. Explain that you don't want a "it wasn't high enough" response - you want to know what it is. Even if it's not optimal that you will feel more comfortable with all the information.
    It is your right as a health care consumer. I am imaging Lynn that when you get Wednesday's results (I assume you will receive them WEd pm) that will indicate the necessity or not for u/s. Usually when levels reach a certain point it will indicate that follicular maturation is occuring and they will have a look see on u/s.

Yes, you can have hormone tracking in Qld. Your obs/FS will nominate a path lab and write out the appropriate forms. It's not a problem - so don't worry too much about that one...

Thank you so much Deb. I didn't think it should be hard to find someone in Qld to take my blood. I will chat to my FS. DH will be happy to hear this as he really needs a holiday and would like me to book it but I told him I couldn't until I knew more about what my little ovaries are doing. Yes I will have my results by lunchtime tomorrow as I am going first thing in the morning to give blood. They can then let me know if I need an u/s. I hope the levels are a bit higher and we are getting closer Based on previous cycles I would say that it is probably a week away.

That is good to hear about your aches and going to the loo. For most people, going to the loo constantly is a pain, for us we love it because it is a good thing! Fingers crossed for you Deb. I hope your chookies sort themselves out - nothing like fresh eggs!

Hey Bailey - I have to be positive. I figure it can only help and being negative and stressed about it can only cause problems, so I am telling my brain, my ovaries and any other part of my body that wants to listen that we are going to get it right this month. You all probably think I am a complete nutcase! Sometimes I think I am too

Hi Girls

Lynn Cooper is so very proud of you and I am to, see how strong you are, to be able to face that on your own.......takes great strenght. Thank you so much for your card, I only went to the letter box late last night, so thank you for all your support.

Deb Sounds like good things happening! Im sending lots and lots of positive vibes for baby/s in progress......I cant wait!!!! Oh I so much want you girls to be all UTD so much

Spring You can call me Nat I would love that! I had such a great afternoon and it was so great to meet you, Im looking forward to our next talk fest.

Bailey OMG not the B word!!! thank god they cant sensor at home I would be voted out! It was great to meet you and put a face to our posts! I loved the "D almost H" not long now!

Mel Sorry yes its was yesterday and thank you. Im so proud of you holding it together like you did....it must have been so hard, but you to are so strong. Dont worry about the answer to that ladies question, sometimes it is so much easier to give that answer, we all know how much of a special mummy you are. It would be so great if you could try to come upto Sydney for a lunch and meet you.

Chelle and Jo Im so glad you can now start your journey of TTC I hope so very much that it is very short and sweet, with your babies crying and pooing soon!

Thank you girls for all your kind words and thoughts, you make it all so much of an easier road to walk. It was very sad but now I know my Nan & Pop are once again holding each other and dancing in heaven. In life we are so lucky to have a couple of good freinds but Im so extra lucky that I have such wonderful women like you and even though some you you I have not meet as yet, I feel such a strong bond. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

I will pop back later tonight, hope you all have a wonderful afternoon.

Nat xxx

Oh by the way Lynn if your a nutcase what am I? We are just normal women trying to get pregnant!!!! the rest of those women are nutcases

I agree, Nat!! Sometimes I do feel crazy though.............but when I think about it, I think I always have.

I had a little tear reading your post but it is so true for me too. I have some very special close friends but at the moment I just feel like I am closer to you girls because you know what I am feeling, thinking and going through. I was telling my mum last night about our long lunch and she said that she is so happy that I have found such wonderful supportive friends that are helping me through this.

My mum will be home in 1 hour and 15 mintues (but whos counting!) - yipee God I have so much to tell her - hope she didn't have any plans for tonight. I have had a big couple of weeks so I think it will be a quite emotional night telling her everything that has happened. I will also be telling her that she can't go on her overseas holiday in May because 5 weeks is too long for me No I would never be that selfish but I don't know what I am going to do - 10 days was bad enough. Maybe I have to go with her

Lynn, then we may as well call this thread the nut-house, cos if you are mad, then you are in fantastic company, cos we must all be stark-raving bonkers!

Lynn maybe when your mum is away we will have to do lunch once a week! oh and Bailey I think that could be a whole new thread.

Thanks Nat I think I will need it. But by May, I will be UTD so a whole new ballgame starts

Bailey - love the new thread!!

Wow you gals can chat.

I have just read through them all and I will try to do personals later.

Well, I had a smidge of off colour CM today. Definately not blood but also not the normal, clear/creamy colour colour (sorry if TMI) Anyway, I feel surprisingly calm because I sat in the toilet and tried to listen to how I felt inside. It might sound like a peculiar thing to do, but I guess you could say I was listening for that inner voice. I feel fine, DH and I DTD on Sunday night which might be a cause but I have another OB appointment on Thursday.

The thing that gets to me is that if I was a normal pregnant woman, I probably wouldn't be analysing every piece of toilet paper like a maniac and wouldn't even have seen it. Can I join the nutcase club?

Be back later after a shower and some dinner.

Lv Spring

Dear Spring,

My FS nurse tells me to use mulitcoloured toilet paper and ware black undies! this way I wont notice anything, "it dont make no differance to me," I still manage to see the slightless change.........nutcase or what. Im so glad you stop to hear what your gut was saying, as we said the other day we always seem to know and see all is fine. Enjoy your shower and dinner im suppost to be typing stuff up for DS project and im here!

Hey Nat: If I used multicoloured toilet paper I bet I would convince myself I had multicoloured CM (lol)

Hope DS's assignment is going well. About Tasmania wasn't it?

Anyway, back to BL and sus out these newcomers.

Spring

OK BL has inspired me, Im over the project so I went for a run.......yes a run can someone send an ambulance to my house I think I need it. Not to sure what I was thinking but if the new chick can run like that then why cant I? Well I got out of cleaning up after dinner

I just want courtney to go home, DH thinks he's great just because of the trouble he causes, I just cant stand him.

Spring it is on Tassie, I...no he has to design a travel brochure, so far so good.

Here here about Courtney going home, he is such a 'Bailey word'.....

I can't believe the tantrum he is putting on. I really like the new guy Chris.

Anyway, I hope you have recovered from your run Nat, I am very impressed.

Big love
    Spring

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast