Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Ngala, 6 weeks is the usual time to fall of the wagon. Just get right back on it and the weight will keep leaving. be strong hun! (Wow, that book was right about the 6 week mark! thats when I fell off the wagon!)

ok, I'm taking the plunge and joining in here. I need to get down to about 90kg before we start IVF, but before that we're probably going to the UK for 3-4 months, so I need to drop weight before we go (in April/May 08). I'm currently a size 20 and I'd like to be a size 16 by the time we go and a 14 for when we start IVF.

I watch what I eat, don't eat processed foods - mainly because I have a canola intolerance and most processed foods put "vegetable oil" in the ingredients so I've got no idea if it is canola or not. I do 1 hour of burlesque stripping/dance a week and have just started doing the warm-up exercises (about 30 mins worth) every day. I walk 5-15 mins each way to the bus in the morning/afternoon most days - but I have had 2 weeks sick in bed and I drove to work all last week, but I still did burlesque classes during that time. I'm not into snacky foods (like crisps), but I do graze during the day. If I have a craving for chocolate or ice cream or stuff like that then I will have some. I know if I'm not having enough fats in my diet then I start to crave pork crackling.

So I'm here, taking my first steps to get this weight off.

hi schaz!!

sounds like u need to get on top of some fat cravings!! pork crackling does not control u hun!! WTG on the exercise!

My plate consists of 1/4 meat 1/4 carbs 1/2 veg. the meat is always lean and about the size of my palm. find out if olive oil comes in a spray, thay way u wont use very much when cooking.

Ali - I don't have the pork crackling - I just know that if I'm craving it then I need to increase my fat intake, same as if my calves start to cramp then I need to put a bit more salt into my diet - but I'm not having that problem since I switched to celtic salt (which is salt with the minerals that are supposed to be there still there - not processed out if like salt from supermarkets). Also I don't cook with oil, so olive oil spray just sits here at home - I've got some.

And before people ask - we have butter (not margarine) in this house and only drink full-cream milk. Do not tell me to use margarine or to drop down to a low-fat milk, the health benefits for butter and full-cream milk outweigh any supposed benefit from using margarine and low fat milk.

Welcome, Shaz and good luck on your journey!! I agree with the benefits of butter and full fat milk (though I drink skim cause I get bloated from full fat milk- maybe an intolerane??...) I can't have butter in the house too often, or I'd eat it in a few days on toast! I luuuurrrve my butter . I just don't have any spreads on bread unless I'm having vegemite then I buy some butter... anyway!! Sounds like you have all the tools to a successful weightloss- healthy food, lots of exercise, good attitude towards snacks....

I have been naughty these past few days. It was DH's birthday yesterday so I made him his favorite dinner of roast turkey leg with all the trimmings, as well as a homemade chocky cake. I ate till my tummy hurt . Day before that I had some chocolate and wonton soup from the chinese shop. I don't think I will have a loss this week. I hate AF!!! She's the devil she makes me do the wrong thing despite my mind telling me not to!!

Oh well back to it today, I have been eating well today and have done a BIG clean up of the house, including wiping tiles in bathroom/kitchen, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, changing linen, a million loads of washing...well ok not exactly, but it feels like it after a week of rain in Sydney.

i too have butter in my house (hardly use it) and pura boost. pura boost has more calcium that full fat milk and less fat.

Ali - but your body needs the fat in the milk to absorb the calcium - calcium isn't absorbed properly into the body unless it is attached to the fat particles in milk, you do get some absorption but not as much as you would if you drank full cream.

I don't buy our milk from supermarkets, I go to the organic grocer and get milk that has neither been homogenised or pasteurised.

Oh and just to let you know I'm studying - doing my Bachelor of Health Science (after a change from pure science with a double major in chemistry and biomedical).

Kellie - thank you for the welcome.

Hmmm interesting! spose i should switch back! GL with ur studies Schaz!

Ok I have been very naughty. I ate all but 1 slice of hawaiian pizza and half a garlic bread 4 tea. getting right back on that horse now.

hey everyone
    Just a quick one from me as I am running out the door to get to the gym before it hit 39 degrees today!!

Today's morning weight is: 77.7kg!!!!

So I lost weight even tho I had ice cream nearly every night!!

YAY!!

I got my wedding dress fitting on Friday. I cant wait to see how it looks and fits on me!

Afternoon girls,

I weighed myself this morning and I am now 75.7kg so it is a loss since last week. YAY!! Only 5.7 to go until I get to my pre pregnancy weight. I haven't been eating too badly but breastfeeding is still making me hungry all the time!

Ngala: Congrats on your weight loss and good luck with your wedding dress fitting.

I went to the gym this morning and did 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 20 minutes on the treadmill so I am feeling tired but good! Just a question how often do you all exercise for in a week?

Me 28 DH 27
    Ella 5 months and 2 weeks

Hi all,

67.2kg's this week so a 100gm loss.

Firstbub and V great weight loss ladies. V how exciting with your dress, I hope they have to alter it to make it smaller for you
    how long now until the wedding??

I've been really naughty lately I really need to get back on the wagon I keep telling myself I will but I haven't been. I have been eating more yogurt though. One of my biggest problems was that I didn't have enough food i could just eat as i don't have time for lengthy preparation, so yogurt it is, oh and sugary drinks, gotta switch to just water for a few weeks again.

Now if I can just kick the biscuit addiction I have going at the moment I'll be right.

Is anyone else finding it's just too hot to go for a walk. Can't afford gyms and we don't have AC at home so I find I'm just sitting on my bum.

Ohh I need motivation so I'm setting myself a mini goal this week and it's to loose 300gms so I can get under 67kg's

Must be strong, Must be strong.
    Last edited by kungfubecca; November 12th, 2007 at 12:35 PM.

rallybbek Guest

Hi Everyone,
    I would like to join you in your weight loss journeys. I have a 3.5 week old, 3yo and 4 yo and I have lost 18kg since January. I weigh approx 81.5 first thing in the morning. I had a blowout all weekend - bad food and alcohol, so I am afraid to weigh myself! I have an appointment this arvo at sure slim for their breastfeeding program. Is anyone else trying this?
    Bec

Gosh it was SO hot in the gym this morning - like a sauna!! I think I sweated out a few kg!! haha

Rebecca - Oh yes I think they will be making it smaller for me!! I have lost 3cm around waist, 5cm around hips and 4cm around thighs! The wedding is in... 34 days!!

Firstbub - I am crazy when it comes to exercise... I spend up to an hour in the gym doing cardio, weights, tummy stuff and then I go to three classes too that got for about 1 hr. Good on you for doing 20mins on the cross trainer!! I only manage 10mins cause I get bored haha

Welcome Rebecca!! I am breastfeeding too and would love to hear what sort of breastfeeding program they have at sure slim. Good luck!

Rebecca - try and find something a bit different for exercise. I'm currently learning burlesque (as in the old-school stripping from the 40s - google "Betty Page" and you get the drift - the old "bump'n'grind"), one of the girls in my class is also doing pole dancing.

I loathe the gym nowdays, I get bored too easily. Even classes bore me. Which is why I was looking for something different. I'm hoping to start tribal belly dancing next year - depending on uni timetable.

Veronica, wow you have lost heaps in CM's be careful over the next month because you don't want your dress to fall down when you try it on they will tell you not to loose anymore weight.

schaz, I can't really join any classes I don't have the $$, although I enjoyed our short spate at Latin dancing about a year ago. fingers crossed when i'm back at work i'll be burning more energy. I was planning to joining a mum and bub yoga class after I had bub, but I never got into it. Going to a yoga class is on my to do list once I'm settled back at work, so I can get some core strength and flexibility before TTC #2 then I shouldn't have any trouble continuing once preggers next and fingers crossed it only helps for after #2 is born.

rallybbek Guest

Hi, Thanks for the welcome. Cant really tell you much bout the sure slim program, decided not to go with it - they wanted $440 upfront and another $440 in 10 days time! Lots more than I can afford. I am going to go to a weight watcers meeting tonight. I will let you know how i get on. i feel like I really need the support of going to someone regularly to help me lose the weight. What advice do you have for me? What works?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bec

Rebecca - yeh I know hey!! Its lace up at the back so hopefully just by tightening it, it will be OK. I hope that I can go in for the very final fitting in December. I think I will be down to 76kg by then and thats my first goal!

Rebecca - (haha replying to two rebecca's in one post!) OUCH at the cost of it!! Hopefully weight watchers is better. You really have to find what works for you. For me it is going to the gym nearly every day and doing classes and walking the dogs and just eating well. I have cut carbs out of my breakfast and having them for lunch and dinner. I am eating dinner early these days (5pm) so my body has enough time to work the carbs before going to bed at 10pm. I drink heaps of water too. ummm I make sure I dont have any temptations in the cupboard!!

rallybbek Guest

hey kungfubecca - i am in bendigo too!
    Should catch up!
    Bec

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast