Is there another reason you won't get skin to skin for an hour or so? DS was an e-csection after a failed VBAC - and I was able to have skin to skin in recovery which was maybe 15 mins after he was born - maybe discuss with hospital how important that is for you and see if can accommodate (was standard practice in hospital I went to).

It is harder to stay at hospital when you have one at home already - I was allowed to go home 72 hours after DS was born (and would have been sooner if he hadn't lost so much weight (just due to being big baby)) - so you might be able to get home sooner than you think - if you feel up to it.

Not being able to carry your older one is hard, but found that cuddles etc still fine just had to get them lifted up or to climb on - I also drove 2 weeks after second c-section.

Sorry you are so upset about the thought of a section - hope hearing about these little things helps.



I have had two e c-sections