Thread: Loss of feeling/numbness above c-section scar...

Default Loss of feeling/numbness above c-section scar...

I had a c-section four weeks ago. I still have numbness/loss of feeling on my tummy, in the area just above my scar to under my belly button. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, will the feeling come back?? It has been slowly coming back since the surgery, but I'm not confident it will completely??

Hi Kristin
    I had a c/s in nov last year and I still have that numbness. The feeling comes back, but slowly.
    The nerves in that part of your belly have been cut and damaged...they grow back on average about 1mm a year apparently...However, the more you touch it, the faster they will grow back.
    I still use my stretch mark oil on my belly every night and the sensation is slowly coming back, it will take years though for it to return to normal, if it will come back completely.
    So hang in there, it is more than normal, and your body will take many years to heal itself fully after such a traumatic event.

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl too
    HTH
    Lex

Thanks for your reply Lex... Wow I didn't realise it would take that long to repair! I too am still rubbing cream on my tummy, I'll keep it up, hopefully the feeling will return eventually....

Thanks again

Hi Kirstin,

I had a c/s 2years and 1day ago and my belly is still numb! I asked my GP about it when my son was 18months because i thought surely its been long enough, but he said i may never get my feeling back. And up to a month or so ago i thought i was getting a little more feeling back on that area as i was pregnant again and going for a vbac only to have another c/s 1week and 1day ago and am completely numb now. I guess only time will tell.

I had my first emergency c/s three years ago & still had sections that were numb. I had my second emergency c/s seven weeks ago & this time there seems to be more numb spots, even one on my left leg near my hip! It's all normal as some of the nerves may have been damaged & unable to repair themselves. My mum had four c/s and her last was nearly 23 years ago & she still has a numb section above her scar.

I had my first c/s 19.12.07 and I'm still numb there, it feels like feeling is starting to come back slowly now.

LimeSlice - I didn't know about the touching the area thing, I'll be touching that area a lot more from now on

Yeah i have numb areas so I guess its the norm. It feels weird at times but I have gotten used to it.

I had a cs just over 9 months ago and was numb just above the scar also. About 2 months ago I started getting a little bit of pain for a week or so and and a bit more feeling back. My GP said the pain was just from my severed nerves starting to rejoin. It is still a touch numb now but I have more feeling than I did initially.

had one 5.5 yrs ago and still have numb area. I dislike the area being touched too, so wearing preggie clothes this time round (last time just wore things low slung).

I assume it will always be numb, otherwise it would have healed by now.

I have no feeling what so ever in my tummy anymore. 4 c/s have done it to me...my tummy is the worst mess...blah!!!!!!

kirsty_lee Guest

Mine is exactly the same, can't feel a thing and i had mine almost 4 months ago

lila Guest

i have to agree.
    i am numb too, my first c/s was 11 years ago, my last and 3rd 3 years ago....

yup same here.. Although the numbness got worse after my last c/s (3rd one) It wasn't to bad after the first two..