Thread: EWCM after O - Maybe Pregnant

Default EWCM after O - Maybe Pregnant

Hi

Has anyone experienced EWCM after O and then got a BFP that month?

I'm not officially TTC yet and haven't been temping, but keeping an eye on CM. My cycles have always been 28 days or shorter. I'm currently on day 31 and no sign of AF. I did have a huge amount of EWCM on CD24 - much more then I ever have before. DH and I BD on CD 11 without protection. So I'm not sure if its possible to be pregnant or not!!!!

I've sent DH out to buy some tests for me to do when I get home anyway.

I don't know whether to be excited or not.

Thanks.

Liss.

*TamaraP* Guest

Hello,

Because your cycles are smack bang on 28 days, it is possible to get pregnant from having unprotected on CD11 as you would "o" a few days later (gave a look at my chart)
    As for EWCM, I didn't experience it then get my BFP. But some girls did.

Hope you get the answer you are wishing for... good luck...

Anything happened Liss? 8-[

liss this is from FF

Why do I have eggwhite cervical fluid after I have already ovulated?

Some cervical fluid after ovulation is possible because the corpus luteum, though its main function is to produce progesterone, produces estrogen in small amounts. This may cause you to see some fertile-looking cervical fluid, even after ovulation.

If your temperatures and other signs show clearly that you have already ovulated, then you can be confident that you are no longer fertile. It is also not uncommon to confuse semen and eggwhite or watery cervical fluid. Some women also notice some fertile-looking cervical fluid just before menstruation.

However, if your chart does not show clearly that you have already ovulated (with a clear and sustained thermal shift) do not stop having intercourse. Keep on considering the possibility that you are still fertile as long as you see fertile cervical fluid to make sure you don't miss a chance to conceive.
    Are you sure it was EWCM- i have had a lot of cm before just before BFP but it was creamy - Hope that you get an answer soon. Have you tested?

How did it go? Did you test yet liss?

Hi - Thanks you all for the responses.

I didn't test when I got home as I had started to get a little bit of spotting and pre AF cramps. So I'm pretty sure I will get AF today sometime. If not I will test on Saturday morning.

Trying not to be disappointed - we are not supposed to be TTC till this time next year - hard not to get excited about it though!!

Thanks again.