Thread: * Cervical Mucus after Ovulation

Default * Cervical Mucus after Ovulation

What is your CM meant to be like after ovulation? I thought it was meant to taper off after you O before AF arrived. I have had quite a bit the last few days so I was wondering what might be going on #-o I am interested in knowing what others is like.

Hi Wishful

I usually find that my cm tapers off after ovulation when I am not pregnant.

However, when I am pregnant, it increases and becomes very creamy.

I do not know if that is a sign that pregnancy has been achieved that cycle, just something that I have noticed before getting a BFP!

Hope that your presence of cm is a good sign for you. How does your cm usually appear after ovulation??

Best of luck

ooooh, looking good. My cycles alway tapper off when not preg. With both pg, I got lots and creamy. Could be a good sign.

Keep us posted.

Thanks for the reply. As this is my first time charting I haven't really noticed what it had been like in previous cycles. i had just read that it was meant to taper off and there seems to be more than before O so i was wondering whether that might be a good sign or not.

It is more of the creamy consistency and wet as well (sorry if TMI). And early in the morning and throughout the day. I usually only notice CM later in the afternoon.

Wow that sounds pretty darn good if you ask me!!

Just like I have experienced with three pregnancies!!

Good luck!

Your chart is looking good too!

Bells Guest

I guess some people get the creamy CM, some don't. I got it last month, loads of it, even posted here asking if it was a good sign - but AF showed up....so who knows???? ](*,)

Wilson Guest

Wishful i've had a fair bit of creamy CM since i O'd and as you know we were lucky this cycle so it does sounds promising

best of luck

I got a lot of creamy cm when I was pregnant with Nicholas. Although FF does say it is commom to get some EWCM after O.

Fertility Friend:

Some cervical fluid after ovulation is possible because the corpus luteum, though its main function is to produce progesterone, produces estrogen in small amounts. This may cause you to see some fertile-looking cervical fluid, even after ovulation.

If your temperatures and other signs show clearly that you have already ovulated, then you can be confident that you are no longer fertile. It is also not uncommon to confuse semen and eggwhite or watery cervical fluid. Some women also notice some fertile-looking cervical fluid just before menstruation.

However, if your chart does not show clearly that you have already ovulated (with a clear and sustained thermal shift) do not stop having intercourse. Keep on considering the possibility that you are still fertile as long as you see fertile cervical fluid to make sure you don't miss a chance to conceive

Good luck. I do hope that the extra cm you are getting is because you are pg.