Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 127 to 144 of 169

Thread: PCOS Support

  1. #127

    Default

    hi jenn,,my name is helen, im new here and i too have POCS since i was 16 and i was put on the pill, and that helped with my af's to come monthly, but when i was 23 i stopped taking the pill and i had dropped a few sizes, so they would come every three months, and then nothing for 3 mths,and then they disappeared . i went to an entocronologist and was put on metamorphin and again to loose weight, well i did do that and they only came once !!!
    Ds and me are now ttc and i have gone to my gyno and done the d&c which reveilled that i had one tube blocked ;( but prior to that i got my af on 3 nov 09 , (after 5 mths), and i thought that i might have a chance at falling, so i did a ov test , which had showed up possitive and then we started b'ding and then i was very ill after 2wks, all the symptoms you could think of sore boobies, vomiting etc, but i wasnt prg ;(.
    My gyno has straight away said to think of IVF, but i have done some research and i went to a herbal shop and they gave me nateral vitamins called menstro support, which has alot of ingredients that will help to regulate the period .e.g.vitex, i have been on it only for 3wks and 2 days, and i am starting to get pimples and cramping and back ache, so hopefully i am going to get them soon !! I am going to try anything i can to better my health and eventually a baby ! I have to step back and fix the prob, hopefully and then concentrate on making a baby, and i have put my dh on male fertility essentials, to help swimmers swim better, he hasnt tested, but we will see.
    I know i have babbled on, but this herbal stuff has a few things that are linked to chinese medicine, so i thought its worth a try and i am still taking my grandma pills hehheh ( metamorphin ). so thanks for reading my long message and hopefully we all come back with the same news BABY !!!!! And i know the feeling about everyone is prg around you, our family friend have found out they are having their 2nd, and it is hard to feel happy, but what can you do, have faith , ok i ll stop now ehehhe.


  2. #128

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mornington Peninsula
    Posts
    1

    Default New member

    Hi All,
    My name is Skye my DH and I have been TTC for 18 mths i was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago and was placed onto the Pill to help to control it. I went off it so i could try and fall pregnant. My wonderful GP referred me to a fertility specialist in Melbourne. I met with him on Friday and he has put me onto 50mg of Clomid and Metformin (which will be a gradual process of 4 weeks, starting on only 50mgn then going up to 300mg). He has said that i should only stay on the Clomid for 4 cycles and if i dont fall pregnant then will have to look at other options. This is all very overwhelming and i would be very interested in hearing any stories good and bad from these drugs.
    Look forward to hearing your stories, i have never been in one of these forums before.

  3. #129

    Talking

    Hi I was diagnosed with PCOS in July 2009. I have told my doctor I am in a same sex relationship and wanted to become a mom, the only help he offered to me was that I would need to lose at least 3stone in weight before I could be referred to a clinic for IVF treatment, I thought this was wise as my BMI is very high its like double for my age and height because of PCOS.

    I have got to the stage now where my body weight has been near enough the same since I was about 13 and I'm now 21. I suffer fron lack of periods and take something called Ultravlan or Octuvulan I cant remember, I have to take this every 3 months so that I have a bleed. I'am wanting to concieve in July this year but I have struggled to even lose a few pounds. And the doctors have not been able to help up until now.

    On March 8th I starting a weight clinic through the doctors surgery, which I hope helps me to able lose the significiant weight I need to, to be able to concieve successfully. For me and my partner this is an imnportant process as she also suffers with PCOS severley, Where the doctor told me I had a slight case of PCOS. But never explained what he actually meant. From the scan I could see I did not have too many cysts and were hard to differiate that's what they were. Does this mean that I have more of a chance at concieving?

    Please help

  4. #130

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Helen, thats good to hear the signs are there for you to get your af's. I have been very similar with them only happening twice in the past 8 months scince going off the pill, in which I was put on to have regular af's.
    I have been trying the whole weightloss thing for quite some time now and seem to loose it then put it straight back on again even though I am doing them same thing.
    My dh and i went to our first gyno appoinment last week which was very nerve racking, but i was sooo relieved as my Dr is so lovely and made us feel comfortable and welcoming. Well anyway he has started me on some hormone tablets for me to get my af's and clomid to have so hopefully I ovulate and I will.
    With going on these tablets, I was just wondering what people have experienced with side effects and stuff, as I have already been feeling abit emotional lately but don't know if it is me just overreacting and being stressed out.
    If I could have some help it would be great please.

  5. #131

    Default

    Hi epayne,
    I know what you mean about the weight issue, i have that problem aswell, well i have been told that it's more harder for women to loose weight with PCOS .
    I am glad your gyno has actually trying to help you, my gyno never even discussed any other possibilities apart from considering IVF;( any ways i am no too sure on the side effects on clomid myself, but if you google it i'm sure it might give you the info you are wanting.
    Hope all your wishes come true

  6. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tweety View Post
    Hi epayne,
    I know what you mean about the weight issue, i have that problem aswell, well i have been told that it's more harder for women to loose weight with PCOS .
    I am glad your gyno has actually trying to help you, my gyno never even discussed any other possibilities apart from considering IVF;( any ways i am no too sure on the side effects on clomid myself, but if you google it i'm sure it might give you the info you are wanting.
    Hope all your wishes come true
    Weight has always been associated with PCOS, although the doctors want you to lose weight it is easier said than done. I have tried umerous diets and excercises and not lost much weight. But then they next week I have just put it back on what I have lost. Its like a losing battle, I dont know what to do now because without losing the weight I won't be able TTC this year. It is getting me down at the moment and cant see a way out.

  7. #133

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by epayne View Post
    Helen, thats good to hear the signs are there for you to get your af's. I have been very similar with them only happening twice in the past 8 months scince going off the pill, in which I was put on to have regular af's.
    I have been trying the whole weightloss thing for quite some time now and seem to loose it then put it straight back on again even though I am doing them same thing.
    My dh and i went to our first gyno appoinment last week which was very nerve racking, but i was sooo relieved as my Dr is so lovely and made us feel comfortable and welcoming. Well anyway he has started me on some hormone tablets for me to get my af's and clomid to have so hopefully I ovulate and I will.
    With going on these tablets, I was just wondering what people have experienced with side effects and stuff, as I have already been feeling abit emotional lately but don't know if it is me just overreacting and being stressed out.
    If I could have some help it would be great please.
    You should check the the instructions on the medication given to you by the doctoir. I did as there are different side effects for each medication. If you discover the medication is tampering with your hormones more than usual I would go back to thae doctor and state this to see if there was another medication you could try that is best for. Hope that helps

  8. #134

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caramel4Vanilla View Post
    You should check the the instructions on the medication given to you by the doctoir. I did as there are different side effects for each medication. If you discover the medication is tampering with your hormones more than usual I would go back to thae doctor and state this to see if there was another medication you could try that is best for. Hope that helps

    i know most of the side effects from what my doctor has told me and the pharmisist. etc i was just curious on how others found themselves when on them thats all

  9. #135

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Country Victoria
    Posts
    5,945

    Default

    Just thought i would pop in here and offer some support and good news. It took me 2 years to fall pregnant with my now 16 month old daughter. I was also put on Clomid and i fell pregnant on the first cycle of it. Symptoms i remember are hot flushes, cramping, moody... but all in all, it was so worth it. Im now looking to see a gyno again to get my second child (fingers crossed)

  10. #136
    Baby Brain Guest

    Default PCO clomid

    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and would love some advice. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year now. I was diagnosed with PCO in June 2009 and my husband is perfectly normal. My fertility specialist put me on 50mg Clomid in December - I'm about to go on my 4th cycle (4 months) and today, my period was due but nothing came. Took pregnancy test - twice! - which came back negative. Feeling really disheartened.

    I've got 3 more cycles in the prescription - should I keep going with it? Or should I ask the doc to up the dose? Has anyone conceived on clomid after several cycles? Seems like lots conceived after the first cycle. Any advice is much appreciated.

  11. #137

    Default

    Wow such a long time but like you said its definetely worth the wait. Im hoping it doesnt take me so long ttc. Hope all goes well with the second child.

  12. #138

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In a House in a Street
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Brain View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and would love some advice. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year now. I was diagnosed with PCO in June 2009 and my husband is perfectly normal. My fertility specialist put me on 50mg Clomid in December - I'm about to go on my 4th cycle (4 months) and today, my period was due but nothing came. Took pregnancy test - twice! - which came back negative. Feeling really disheartened.

    I've got 3 more cycles in the prescription - should I keep going with it? Or should I ask the doc to up the dose? Has anyone conceived on clomid after several cycles? Seems like lots conceived after the first cycle. Any advice is much appreciated.
    Hi

    I just wanted to say it took me 7 clomid cycles and 1 Laparoscopy to get pregnant. Sadly we lost ours at 10 weeks 4 days. We are just waitng for a clearance and for AF to come before we try our last clomid cycle berore moving on to IUI. I am on 50mg only as i do O on that dose.

  13. #139

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    Posts
    4,346

    Default

    Hi there

    I have both endo and pcos, but was very very fortunate to conceive my DD naturally (i call her my miracle baby as i was told it would be almost "impossible")! - i was due to start clomid the month after i conceived DD

    I just have a quick question...with PCOS how many of you who have it, notice that your tummy looks to be about 3-4 months pregnant, ALL the time? - the only time my tummy went relatively "flat" was about 4 weeks post birth, and since then, it just seems to have been growing - i dont have all the "classic" symptoms of pcos other than insulin resistance, for which i take Diabex XR and the unexplained weight gain

    i will also be going back to my endo specialist as i think it is flaring up with again with severe AF's and ALL cycle pelvic pain - Dh and i hoping to start trying for number 2 soon so id rather know now if there is anything untoward going on inside!

  14. #140

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    queensland
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Brain View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and would love some advice. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a year now. I was diagnosed with PCO in June 2009 and my husband is perfectly normal. My fertility specialist put me on 50mg Clomid in December - I'm about to go on my 4th cycle (4 months) and today, my period was due but nothing came. Took pregnancy test - twice! - which came back negative. Feeling really disheartened.

    I've got 3 more cycles in the prescription - should I keep going with it? Or should I ask the doc to up the dose? Has anyone conceived on clomid after several cycles? Seems like lots conceived after the first cycle. Any advice is much appreciated.
    Hi Baby Brain,
    My DH and i have been ttc since july 09 and as i had already been diagnosed with pcos years ago i was refered to the fs in dec. i'm currently on the second cycle of provera & clomid and waiting for my af's to come. my fs has upped the clomid dosage to 100mg this cycle as the 50mg didn't do a thing. if this doesn't work then we are starting on fsh injections next cycle so i'm crossing everything so it happens. hope this helps.
    liz

  15. #141

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In my own little fantasy world
    Posts
    2,946

    Default

    Hi Negrita,

    I have PCOS too. My dr also said I would never concieve naturally as DH also has a LSC but I did. We had actually booked in to start IVF when I got my BFP. To answer your question, my tummy certainly has that pregnant look. I've even been asked when I was due At the time DS was 10 mths old so I think that woman who asked was a bit dense lol! I've never had a flat tummy. I don't have insulin resistance but I take diabex XR to regulate my cycles. It reduces my cycle from 3 months or more to about 6 or 7 weeks.

    I hope number 2 arrives quickly for us both.

  16. #142

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    Posts
    4,346

    Default

    Rowellen : - ohh its so hard isn't it? - And yes, i too have been asked "are you pregnant/when are you due" - great for the self esteem...Not!

    I guess im just worried that my DD was my one only chance, as IVF isn't an option for me (personal reasons not because i can't) and it just breaks my heart to think that she would be an only child

    I'll be going back to my specialist on 18 May so hopefully i'll have some answers about the endo at least

  17. #143

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,102

    Default

    Hi ladies.

    I'm another with PCOS. I was diagnosed last June and was told that concieving a child would more than likely not happen naturally but i did

    I also have an insulin resistance (not sure how its going since being pregnant though) and i also had weight issues. I was put on Diabex XR and i lost 10kgs in 3 months, i didn't change a thing i ate what i normally ate and i didnt increase my exercise.

    I am hoping that my pcos settles down after having bub as i remember i was miserable i was constantly in pain my mood swings were awful and i just felt awful.

    For those having trouble with weight loss have your insulin levels been checked? i wondered why no matter how much i exercised i didnt lose very much if anything at all and it was because of my insulin.

  18. #144

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Outer South East Melbourne :)
    Posts
    4,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1stTimeMumma88 View Post
    Hi ladies.

    I'm another with PCOS. I was diagnosed last June and was told that concieving a child would more than likely not happen naturally but i did

    I also have an insulin resistance (not sure how its going since being pregnant though) and i also had weight issues. I was put on Diabex XR and i lost 10kgs in 3 months, i didn't change a thing i ate what i normally ate and i didnt increase my exercise.

    I am hoping that my pcos settles down after having bub as i remember i was miserable i was constantly in pain my mood swings were awful and i just felt awful.

    For those having trouble with weight loss have your insulin levels been checked? i wondered why no matter how much i exercised i didnt lose very much if anything at all and it was because of my insulin.
    Wow 10kgs? - im i lose some kind of weight, as im also excercising, but so far i haven't noticed anything (ive only been on it for 1 month) and i refuse to get on scales - last time i did i was 92kg which was just horrific for me - Interesting you mention about pcos settling down after bubs, as mine was fine until about 5 months ago when all the symptoms just started flaring up again - i had my insulin levels checked, which came back slightly elevated but nothing to worry about. my gp decided to put me back on the diabex (i was on them before i fell pg with DD) in order to intercept any further rise in the levels. - i go back to have another lot of bloods done in 2 months as he wants the diabex to take effect before checking again..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •