Thread: Muslim Dr. to perfom circumcision?

Default Muslim Dr. to perfom circumcision?

Selam to All,

Just wondering if any of you ladies know whether a muslim dr. needs to perform a circumcision? My boy is 5 now and we want him circumcised in the summer holidays and then a big celebration in September-October 09.
    There are many drs who perform circumcisions but wanted to know if there was a specific islamic ritual or if a bismillah needed to be said or if the performing dr. needs to have abdest prior to the operation which then would require a muslim dr.

Plus, if you know of any muslim drs. in Melbourne which do circumcisions could you let me know?

Your assistance is appreciated.

Take care all.

Solo Guest

Salaam TD

No no you don't have to see a Muslim Dr to do the procedure it's completely up to you.

The practice of circumscision for a muslim male is for the benefit of cleanliness therefore as long as the circumscision is done correctly with the foreskin completley removed it is ok.

You may wish to make duah on the day of procedure or zikr the night before taking him in but as for the doctor he need not be a muslim just because you are.

My son Logan is 8 months old now and I got his done when he was 5 days old, the Dr was a muslim here in Perth.

My sister took her twin sons to a Jewish Dr.

Just bear in mind that if you choose to go to a Muslim Doctor, most prefer to do the procedure only on newborns up to 10 days old as the foreskin as still supple and not toughened, same goes for some jewish doctors so you may be required to go to a non muslim.

Like I said before it doesn't matter the religion of the doctor so which ever you choose will be ok inshallah.

Good luck I hope all goes well with your search for a doctor and with the procedure itself.

Thanks Solo.

I had already found out that the Dr. didn't need to be muslim. There is a well known Turkish hoca (imam-like) who does a tv show on Turkish tv and a lady from Europe had phoned in asking this very question and he too said that the dr. didn't need to be muslim as drs. are drs. and religion/sex shouldn't matter to them.

Thank-you once again. We have found a muslim dr. here in Melbourne who performs circumsicions in his clinic. My DS will be circumcised in the September school holidays insallah and a big celebration next year.

I'm very excited for my DS but very nervous at the same time. A big step into manhood!

Salam Solo,

I was browsing google looking for any info on who can do our son's circumcision for us. And found the thread, who did you/your sister use? Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Gita

We used Dr. Jabbar he practices in Coburg and Dandenong.

Clean Circumcisions - Home

9354 4042

goodluck

Sorry forgot to mention we live in Perth if anyon knows who does in Perth,

Jizakallah