Thread: adenomyosis

maggie Guest

Default adenomyosis

Hi, i have adenomyposis, and almost 16weeks pregnant. Is there anyone else out there with this? thanks

What exactly is it Maggie?

maggie Guest

enlarged uterus, similar to fibroids.

Thanks...

I don't know of anyone with it.... sorry not much help!

Default adenomyosis

Hi Maggie

I have 'adeno' and am nearly 6 weeks pregnant. I also have severe endometriosis and had a laparascopy late Jan to unstick my ovaries etc etc. We then conceived on 1st cycle back trying after trying all last year - yay!

Have you been given any advice re adeno and pregnancy? The gyno who did my surgery has advised me to be very gentle with myself until 12 weeks. He said it could get worse after pregnancy.

I'm heartened that you're further along than me - LOL!!

maggie Guest

HI,

My gyno was never that concermed that the adeno would effect my chances of success. I have never been on meds for it, and they never attemepted to remove it, as it wasnt in a localised area. I was also worried that it may cause some probs in pregnancy, but so far OK. apparently a lot of preg women have it and they dont even know, it is a shame that there isnt more info about it. did your gyno think that u would have any probs conceiving with it. also i beleived that it improved with preg like endo does ( i dont think i have any endo, well i didnt at the lap when they found the adeno)

maggie Guest

bump for blackbird.