Thread: hard spot in abdomen, am i feeling my baby?

Default hard spot in abdomen, am i feeling my baby?

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and i was lying on my back. I ran my hand across my abdomen and distinctly felt a hard bump that really stuck out. I fell asleep again and woke up to find that the bump was still there but had moved to the other side. Was this the little baby that I was feeling? I havent really had any 'flutters' as of yet, so was a bit excited about it all!

My guess would be that you were feeling the baby - either the head or the bum! It is weird to feel isn't it??

Congratulations Hayley. You just felt your bubs for the first time. Exciting times ahead.

Jac

That's so cool Hayley! I'm 17 weeks today and have felt that hard bump too. Though literally in the past 2 days it's become harder. "Fred" (our rediographer nicknamed the baby that!) seems to have massive growth spurts! One day I feel fat the next day it feels hard and I'm starving - do you feel that way? Very exciting but surreal to really start thinkking there is a baby in there!

Yay for the bump!

I too have woke up in the morning and felt the hard bump. It freaked me out at first (i dont remember it with my other 2). Its on different sides each morning......i havent felt much movement this pregnancy (16 weeks), but its nice to feel the hard bump...

I am reading this while feeling for bumps, but my bladder is full (again) and cant press it. LOL

I too am starving one day and ok the next... we also say it's growth spurts, but is that actually true??

I'm so excited now Yay! I havent been feeling very pregnant over the past week or so and its reassuring to feel bubs and know all is fine. Cant wait till i'm further along and able to feel some kicks. Ooh i love being pregnant!

Hey there!! Depending on how pregnant you are, the bump you feel might be your uterus (the top) they tend to move from side to side depending on your bowels and bladder and where bub is lying. I am 14.5 weeks now and mine is all over the show. Sometimes it sticks out and sometimes its hard to feel. It is still so exciting!!!!

My guess would be baby or a realy nasty zit LOL

I'd say its the baby too - when I last visited my doctor he felt my belly and said he could feel the baby so he put the doppler there & there was the heartbeat!

Bess Guest

Congratulations Hayley. Great isn't it?!

I woke up a few weeks ago and my stomach was all lopsided with a hard bump to the right. Bubs is definately partial to the right side. This was my first indication bubs was moving around since I hadn't felt kicks by then.

I hope I see the outline of a hand or foot later down the track.

CatherineL Guest

I seem to get this hard bump on one side lately after sex.. i touch it, and then it moves away alittle but can still feel an abnormal spot in just one area! It seems to change areas from time to time.. i thought maybe baby, but wouldn't my baby be too small to feel from the outside yet?